Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,588 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her With This Her Mindset? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her With This Her Mindset? (43857 Views)

Can You Date And Marry A POS Operator...? / Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her / Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her With This Her Mindset? by KillamanJoe: 9:22am On Dec 17, 2020
As a married man, I will advise you not to marry her. Your expenses will increase 4 folds when you marry. No need to do it with a parasite.

My 2 cents.
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her With This Her Mindset? by thinkmoney(m): 9:23am On Dec 17, 2020
Martini101:
As far as you don’t encounter a prolonged hard time during the course of the marriage to her, this one shouldn’t be an issue if the earlier mentioned qualities are maintained and improved on.
NB: Don’t expect to meet a perfect person.
It's risky to go into marriage with such people. One can't be sure of anything in the future. There are countless examples of even aged women that just leave there husband to live in a beggerly state often when the old man isn't working again because of age. She faces her business (shop, that the husband set up way back), do what she can for the now matured children (that the husband obviously trained) and for her own immediate family. At this stage the husband probably gets lucky if he gets sex once in a year.
A responsible and truly educated woman will know child rearing and home building is a joint venture. Everybody brings what they are capable of to the table.
A good example is the industrious woman in Proverbs 31. She is said to buy linen, blanket etc

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her With This Her Mindset? by ceeceeco: 9:24am On Dec 17, 2020
Zzor:
I support her fully, it's a big turn off for a man to be asking hid wife to be such question,assist her if you can from your heart and I believe she's wise enough to know where and when to assist you as per responsibilities. I hate guys who throw such question,i have ignored a guy for this reason and till today he's still wondering what he did to me, don't give me the impression that your eyes are fixed on my money, its a big turn off
You're a real definition of a lazy, selfish & greedy girl. Your type can never be useful to any man. Selfish mentality.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her With This Her Mindset? by generationz(f): 9:24am On Dec 17, 2020
Did you also discuss how you will share cooking and cleaning? Did you discuss how you will carry the pregnancy for two kids and she two kids? Because you men think women are completely useless and you who's only job is provide finances is leading a war between two countries.

You do know that a working wife is less likely to depend on her husband for money to buy the tiniest things for herself. It means what you earn will be able to go around for your family.

If you don't want to support her to start the business don't. You can see even your father supported her. She will work hard and establish herself and you will regret this decision in the long run. She has already said she is going to contribute when there is a need but that's not enough for you. Issokay.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her With This Her Mindset? by OgechiUba21: 9:24am On Dec 17, 2020
Ask her if she's a feminist, if she says "yes" and she still have this mentality then you should probably put a pause on the proposal and watch her closely, that's being greedy after identifying as a feminist, but if she says "No" then obviously she still has the old fashioned thinking that men are the head of the Family and are to shoulder all responsibilities. It's now you that would educate her that marriage is about " You scratch my back, I scratch yours".

But bottom line is if there's love and understanding, both of you would cater
od501:

Don't get me wrong, old age is not a sign of wisdom, experience has taught me that. Your father advised based on his the knowledge of the 80s, which was not a problem then. As for the two women, what do you expect? What do they know about finance?

Even if a woman is the sole bread winner of the house, it is easier for her to get assistance from any angle, so they will never understand what a man goes through providing for both his immediate family and the extended families.

Listening to them is very dangerous, cos at the end, the same women will accuse you of not being man enough. For you to think this way means you are a good businessman, oga...continue thinking towards that part; use your head.

If you marry a gal with such mentality, in this present Nigerian economy with a 14% inflation rate, you will die before the age if 55. No offense, but it is the truth!
for different things in the home depending on capabilities even without asking or grudge.
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her With This Her Mindset? by NgHotGirls: 9:26am On Dec 17, 2020
Why all these, if you want to invest in her do it, she said she'll "help" according to your write up so why make an issue out of it, because she didn't specifically say she will use the proceeds of her business to support the family too? Common nau. You want to buy bikes and keke go on, stop sounding like her future depends on the 1.5m you want to give to her, do it and be happy you were able to support your wife or wife to be rather.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her With This Her Mindset? by AuroraB(f): 9:27am On Dec 17, 2020
Snaagg:

who gives a fukk about what turns you off?

parasite.

you want a man to give you what your father has never given your mother nor done for you
The poster 'wishes to do those things'. The lady didn't ask him for these. Good a thing, he has a plan for same money. He should go ahead with those plans. Same lady will grow, in time. I don't get the back and forth

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her With This Her Mindset? by Aladeope: 9:28am On Dec 17, 2020
Dear Poster,

please note this, if you are satisfy with her behaviour and her luck shine with yours please go ahead and marry her,do what you have in plan for her and now wait for how God will continue to bless you beyond ur imagination that you wont even need her financial help.

Be rest assure when you r broke she will surely be there to assist. setting her up will relieve you of her asking you some irrelevant money for herself. you earn more respect from your wife when you provide almost everything in the house so anytime you are down she wont think twice to support you.

God bless your new home as you take that bold step today.

regards

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her With This Her Mindset? by DorcasShalom: 9:29am On Dec 17, 2020
My dear, is your motive of establishing your wife (to be) base on the contribution or support from her? Hmm. That is the issue.

Before now you should have know the kind of lady she is when it comes to finances, her reactions when money or fund is limited.

If she is a supporting lady, establishing her would even trigger the support.

Also it depends on the way you approach the matter. A lady would think there is a particular thing you want her to do. Which normally shouldn't be.

Talk about it well, this is not an issue at all. Its a Manner of approach.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her With This Her Mindset? by Psoul(m): 9:30am On Dec 17, 2020
kastgeraldino:
You have a giving and generous woman. You are most likely her first choice. Same cannot be said for the OP. I will say it again, if a woman cannot move mountains for you, then she does not love you. There is another man out there who she can do anything for, and this man may not even give her anything.

My dear, the problem is that our young people are entering into marriage for wrong purposes.
Love has died for many of them. There is no trust. Every guy is suspecting every girl and same with girls suspecting every man out there.

I feel so sorry for people getting married in this generation.
Look from the OP's story, he's entering the marriage with the mindset that if I give my woman money, she must pick family responsibilities where she must spend the gain on.
This is a wrong mindset.
Marry someone u love and who understands you and save urself this kind of stress.

On the wedding day, you will be called the BRIDESGROOM or thE GROOM and ur wife the BRIDE
As a groom, you have the responsibility to groom your wife to what you want her to be.
Train her to behave the way you want her to.
Taught her what u like and do not like
Train her to respect you
When a man fails to groom her wife well, the Bride will grow wild.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her With This Her Mindset? by stealth007: 9:30am On Dec 17, 2020
She's correct, in African pallance it is the responsibility of the head of the family to provide and protect the dignity of his ward, and to shelter them. If you seek advice from anyone experienced in this regard, you'll be told the same thing.
I don't know whether you you are a Muslim, Christian or otherwise. Islam in particular, shares the same view as stated above.
If this is the only concern you have on the view of your future wife, please go ahead and marry her. Marriage is not always 1+1 =2. Good women do usually go extra mile in supporting their husband in conserving his spending especially if the husband is a supporting type but don't expect formal splitting of financial responsibility.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her With This Her Mindset? by golddare: 9:30am On Dec 17, 2020
Anoymus:
I have a girlfriend I am meaning to propose to during the festive period, she's everything I want in a woman except few exception which might be a hindrance to the proposal.
Gist is, my babe is a graduate but lack of work made her to learn fashion designing, she's done with the training and she's very good with what she does.

After marriage, I have told her that I'll assist in her business, I'm planning to get a bigger shop space for her and equip it with modern day machines, tools and tailoring materials goods to help make her work lucrative. I'm budgeting about 1.2-1.5m for this.

The issue now is that, 3 days ago, I asked her what her role would be if eventually after marriage she gets the shop, equipments and all, where she would come in in terms of responsibilities in the house. Her reply was she doesn't want to assume any responsibility and that it's my duty to cater for the family and she can only help & I shouldn't make anything compulsory for her. So many thoughts came through my mind. One of it was that, where the proceeds of her investment would be going to if I should shoulder all the responsibilities in the house knowing fully well that she makes money.

I rang my mum and told her of her response, I was shocked that she backed her saying that I shouldn't have asked her to foot anything in the house that it was my sole responsibility as a man to cater for my family my wife inclusive. My dad too, same thing. Even told my gf mum about it too , she giggled and said I shouldn't have asked her n that it's my duty to provide for my family. They all sounded foreign to me. Or am I the one not understanding?

My question now is, why invest that kind of money in her when I'm not sure of getting little or nothing in terms in return help to run the family. That sum of money could get me 4 brand new bikes and 2 neatly used Keke Napep for transportation business. I'm sure I'll be getting returns from these investment weekly or monthly basis.

I don't want who wouldn't have any sense of responsibility at home after investing in her, even if she's covering 10% or 5% I wouldn't mind. Mere helping doesn't go down well with me, she might have and decide not to give out. I rather not invest at all and expect nothing from her.

I don't know if I'm the one over thinking this things or my parent and her mum aren't seeing things from my perspective or am I being inconsiderate?

Criticism, Insults and bashing are welcomed. Thanks

If she be my sister I will be concerned about your mindset as well. You are looking at marriage as business, yes it may look like it but it's different.

It takes wisdom to collect money from one's wife, ask your dad. Some will even borrow you to pay for goods, rents or fees and they will emphasis that you must pay back. Lol.... a sharp husband will not argue and a smart man will pay back because he doesn't want her business to fail.

Whatever you do for your wife just believed it's for yourself and children. Your concern should be on how loving and sacrificing she is. Forget all those talks, if she has a caring heart towards people in needs and not selfish type but considerate, I think she is ok.
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her With This Her Mindset? by legacystore: 9:30am On Dec 17, 2020
Liliantalks:
What one Igbo man told me ,
Me - why are many Igbo men very selfless when spending for their wife even tho they hv their own business
Him - because an Igbo man understands that what ever she uses her own money for , is still helping him , cause she’s my responsibility and if she’s using her money to get more clothes , shoes , bags , catering for her family, she’s also helping me , if she using her money on her kids , which are also my kids , she’s also helping me . What ever she’s uses her money for is beneficial to me. A handsome young man from anambra state .

Lol grin

Until she uses her Money to buy land, build house without ur knowledge while u are struggling to pay rent then divorces ur broke a.ss then ur mumu go do.
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her With This Her Mindset? by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 9:31am On Dec 17, 2020
Anoymus:
I have a girlfriend I am meaning to propose to during the festive period, she's everything I want in a woman except few exception which might be a hindrance to the proposal.
Gist is, my babe is a graduate but lack of work made her to learn fashion designing, she's done with the training and she's very good with what she does.

After marriage, I have told her that I'll assist in her business, I'm planning to get a bigger shop space for her and equip it with modern day machines, tools and tailoring materials goods to help make her work lucrative. I'm budgeting about 1.2-1.5m for this.

The issue now is that, 3 days ago, I asked her what her role would be if eventually after marriage she gets the shop, equipments and all, where she would come in in terms of responsibilities in the house. Her reply was she doesn't want to assume any responsibility and that it's my duty to cater for the family and she can only help & I shouldn't make anything compulsory for her. So many thoughts came through my mind. One of it was that, where the proceeds of her investment would be going to if I should shoulder all the responsibilities in the house knowing fully well that she makes money.

I rang my mum and told her of her response, I was shocked that she backed her saying that I shouldn't have asked her to foot anything in the house that it was my sole responsibility as a man to cater for my family my wife inclusive. My dad too, same thing. Even told my gf mum about it too , she giggled and said I shouldn't have asked her n that it's my duty to provide for my family. They all sounded foreign to me. Or am I the one not understanding?

My question now is, why invest that kind of money in her when I'm not sure of getting little or nothing in terms in return help to run the family. That sum of money could get me 4 brand new bikes and 2 neatly used Keke Napep for transportation business. I'm sure I'll be getting returns from these investment weekly or monthly basis.

I don't want who wouldn't have any sense of responsibility at home after investing in her, even if she's covering 10% or 5% I wouldn't mind. Mere helping doesn't go down well with me, she might have and decide not to give out. I rather not invest at all and expect nothing from her.

I don't know if I'm the one over thinking this things or my parent and her mum aren't seeing things from my perspective or am I being inconsiderate?

Shebi u have money to take care of ur family? If yes, move on with ur marriage.
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her With This Her Mindset? by nnamdi19922: 9:32am On Dec 17, 2020
Snaagg:
Are you destined to be unfortunate?
what's the point of marrying her? what do you stand to gain?

If your duty is to provide and feed her and her poverty-stricken family members, what is her own duty to you?
i dnt even no why men marry, wen we dnt hv anytin in return dan a stupid wife, gossipers, educated illiterate nd burden. my dear if nt for child i dnt see anytin in a woman ooo.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her With This Her Mindset? by obryns: 9:32am On Dec 17, 2020
Unfortunately this is the mindset of many African women,the question is what is now the essence of feminism and their struggle for equal right with men?isn't hypocrisy?this style of men taking care of the family started when women were housewives n d men are d people that work,y do women in this era expect same trend when women work as much as the men,my brother if she is a good woman marry her and invest in her,do the much you can do and she will definitely augment the rest,this response from her is their usual template and you wonder y some men treat them like acquired properties
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her With This Her Mindset? by sylve11: 9:33am On Dec 17, 2020
Dalil8:

Add more money to that 1.5m, go for surrogacy and live your life to the fullest. Your mom can help you look after the child or you can get a full time babysitter until the child's older.

You can have as much kids as you want if you have more funds.

At least all your care and money would go directly to your kids instead of that ingrate.

Marriage isn't worth the stress.
And never settle for less, cuz you deserve better.

Wicked grin cool
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her With This Her Mindset? by NgHotGirls: 9:33am On Dec 17, 2020
Where we get it wrong sometimes, is always expecting something in return when we help people. Clearly here you're not helping her you're investing in her according to your write up. So plainly tell her that you're investing the money and expect returns, discuss the responsibilities in the house and talk your way around it. Communication is key is a relationship.
Everyone has different thoughts
Nazgul:
She's a very selfish person. I hate girls that reason that way. How can you look at a guy who invested 1.5m on you, married you, housed you, feeds you and tell him that you won't contribute to the home?

She has clearly told you that you stand to benefit nothing from her if you go ahead with the marriage plans.

Whatever action you decide to take is up to you.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her With This Her Mindset? by offset67(m): 9:34am On Dec 17, 2020
Bros you better invest in your life and leave women
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her With This Her Mindset? by nautybride: 9:35am On Dec 17, 2020
Anoymus:

You want them to bash your fiancee, now they have.
Do you think if you don't invest in her, she won't herself? With your description, she seems to know what she is doing.
If she works and saves, later invest in her own business, won't she help one way or the other if need be.
Good one o! Lose a good relationship because of ego. Please keep your money, she be graduate.
Btw, I hope she reads this online and know what she is in for.
If she is pregnant, your type will still want her to work her arse off to help you in times of need.
If you go broke, this woman will suffer in your hands because you will fraustrate her with depression.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her With This Her Mindset? by Alwaysachick: 9:36am On Dec 17, 2020
This mindset of yours is what is making women breadwinners today.

Back in the day when men took sole responsibility , God gave them the capacity. Say no to bondage or

I pray you lose your job or means of livelihood so you can totally depend on her. Shame

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her With This Her Mindset? by fergieboy: 9:36am On Dec 17, 2020
Op marry this lady o

Cox what we have on the street now are not worth it

You can’t get a complete package

Their is a way you will handle her and she will take part in the family responsibilities

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her With This Her Mindset? by Monibabakan(m): 9:36am On Dec 17, 2020
Nazgul:
She's a very selfish person. I hate girls that reason that way. How can you look at a guy who invested 1.5m on you, married you, housed you, feeds you and tell him that you won't contribute to the home?

She has clearly told you that you stand to benefit nothing from her if you go ahead with the marriage plans.

Whatever action you decide to take is up to you.

Bitter and hard truth you spoke! I do tell people that the signs are always there for them to see before saying 'I do'. it's just that people overlook them. Unfortunately, people with a selfish mindset hardly change because they see nothing wrong with it. If he can't deal with it, then it's fine.
Good luck!
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her With This Her Mindset? by OOAS(m): 9:36am On Dec 17, 2020
It is a midset issue. It is a cultural mindset that has stucked with her for years.The beauty is that it can be unlearnt. Take her to seminars, conferences, buy books so she can see reasons why the women role financially in the home is of immese value.
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her With This Her Mindset? by frozen70(f): 9:38am On Dec 17, 2020
Anoymus:

Having read through your post

It's obvious that you are looking for where to invest and get a return or who to invest in and get weekly return to run your things

You were being forward asking her what her roles will be just because you are getting the equipments she needs but you have forgotten that the return on investment is not automatic

As a man, you have your responsibilities to do at home and that involves providing for your family

If you are lucky she makes her own contributions without being reminded then count yourself lucky

But when you are trying to be smart with that, trust women, they can detect anything from mere questions

So if you want your wife to carry your family, then be ready to be her puppet

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her With This Her Mindset? by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 17, 2020
Zzor:
I support her fully, it's a big turn off for a man to be asking hid wife to be such question,assist her if you can from your heart and I believe she's wise enough to know where and when to assist you as per responsibilities. I hate guys who throw such question,i have ignored a guy for this reason and till today he's still wondering what he did to me, don't give me the impression that your eyes are fixed on my money, its a big turn off
I have never expect sense from you because I know you are 30 kilometer far from sense.

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her With This Her Mindset? by Dearlord(m): 9:40am On Dec 17, 2020
Zzor:

Lol, next time use ur brain u are no longer a baby.
He truely loved you but you are bleeping up, he only wanted to know how to build a home with you by letting you know his thoughts and wishes.
A good family is built collectively
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her With This Her Mindset? by nautybride: 9:40am On Dec 17, 2020
All of you saying marriage is not compulsory, please just impregnate someone and take your baby. Live with your child and care for her and you will understand better the role of women.
The child you give birth to bear your wives surname ba?
Change girlfriends like wrapper and watch the life of your children miserably because of the way they will be treated.
There is stability in wife and husband - children relationship.
Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her With This Her Mindset? by sheobserves(f): 9:40am On Dec 17, 2020
Finance is an important issue in marriage and can make or mar a relationship. As a man ,to get the respect due to you as the head,don't get married expecting a 50-50 financial responsibility from your spouse except you expect to do the cooking,cleaning,child minding and other stuff 50-50 too. No matter how selfish a woman is,common sense dictates she supports the home if and when she can. But entering a marriage with a mindset that a 'woman Must contribute financially " is a recipe for disaster. You have a choice,take on your present partner and expect the best,or look for another that will agree upfront to contribute and let's see how it will pan out.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her With This Her Mindset? by CAPSLOCKED: 9:41am On Dec 17, 2020
Martinez39s:
You are thinking in the right direction. Forget about marriage and enjoy a peaceful and rewarding single life. Women are not worth the effort and investment. These selfish, entitled and brutal ingrates are not worth it bro. Too bad your father has been cùcked by your mum; such is the fate of blue-pill men bro.

HE WON'T LISTEN.
MR. Anoymus. MARRYING A STINGY AND SELFISH WIFE IS ANOTHER FORM OF HELL. SHE HOARDS HER CASH WHILE SQUANDERING YOURS AND IF YOUR BUSINESS GETS SHAKY AND FINANCES DEPLETE, SHE MAY DUMP YOUR ASS INSTEAD OF HELP YOU BECAUSE SHE'S ALWAYS CONSIDERED SPENDING ON YOUR BEHALF AS A TABOO.

HOW DO YOU EVEN GET TO ASK HER SUCH A QUESTION, WHEN YOU'RE ALREADY SUPPOSED TO KNOW? MEN LIKE THIS PUT THEMSELVES IN DANGEROUS SITUATIONS. FROM THE COURTSHIP OR RELATIONSHIP STAGE YOU SHOULD KNOW THE KIND OF WOMAN YOU'RE DEALING WITH. IF YOU HAVE TO BE DOING ALL THE SPENDING DURING THAT STAGE BECAUSE SHE'S BROKE AND JOBLESS, THERE'S NO WAY SHE SHOULDN'T DO ONE OF TWO SMALL THINGS FOR YOU WITH THE LEAST OF HER MONEY. IF YOU TOLERATE HER LACK OF CONTRIBUTION TODAY YOU HAVE TO TOLERATE IT FOREVER BECAUSE THAT'S HOW YOU BUILT THE FOUNDATION.

WHETHER OR NOT YOU'RE A BILLIONAIRE, YOU SHOULD NEVER TOLERATE STINGY PEOPLE. IMAGINE YOU'RE OUT OF TOWN FOR URGENT BUSINESS AND SHE'S PHONING EVERYDAY FOR SMALL THINGS LIKE DIAPERS AND BABY MILK WHEN SHE HAS OVER 300K IN THE BANK.
OR SHE GETS SOCKS AND BOOKS FOR THE KIDS AND EXPECTS YOU TO REFUND THE 2K, WHEN YOU ALREADY GIFTED HER 50K LAST WEEK.

MEN SETTLE FOR THESE THINGS AND WE CAN'T TELL PEOPLE HOW TO RUN THEIR OWN FAMILIES, BUT YOU HAVE TO RUN YOURS AND MAKE PRINCIPLES THAT WILL BE SUITABLE FOR YOU FIRST BEFORE ANYONE ELSE. I DON TELL YOU MY OWN.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her With This Her Mindset? by EM123: 9:41am On Dec 17, 2020
studentofTruth:

There's no way she can run the business and house chores. A house help may still be employed, and it's the man that would still pay the house help.
there will be no need for house help , she is the owner of her business and she will open her shop when ever she want , so she will take care of house chores before going out unless she is not ready fore marriage.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead And Marry Her With This Her Mindset? by nautybride: 9:43am On Dec 17, 2020
Alwaysachick:
This mindset of yours is what is making women breadwinners today.

Back in the day when men took sole responsibility , God gave them the capacity. Say no to bondage or

I pray you lose your job or means of livelihood so you can totally depend on her. Shame

grin grin grin He will understand better when married for real. He is almost there.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

What Men Must Do To Ensure Successful Relationship And Marriage / Booty & Thick Women Gang: Which Of These Nigerian-Ghanian Girls Will You Date? / Body Count Means Everything Don't Be Deceived

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.