Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,947 members, 7,799,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

Abuja - Lokoja Road Kidnap: A Victim's Experience - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Abuja - Lokoja Road Kidnap: A Victim's Experience (926 Views)

Personal Experience With Young Herdsmen Along Kabba-lokoja Road On The 5/10/21 / Bandits Block Kaduna-Abuja Road, Kidnap Scores Of People / Bandits Block Lagos-Ibadan Road, Kidnap CMD’s Son, 2 Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja - Lokoja Road Kidnap: A Victim's Experience by Enskynelson(m): 1:11pm On Dec 16, 2020
Below is the account of a kidnap victim Fedor Ufedo as shared on Facebook.
The insecurity is real!

Fedor Ufedo
It was a smooth ride on my way from Abuja to Lokoja on #17th November 2020.
We had cocktails to deliver for two weddings (21st Nov) on the same day in Lokoja so i decided to move some of the cocktail equipments in Abuja to Lokoja to enable us meet up for the two event.
Luckily for me, was talking with a friend who told me our other friend was Driving to lokoja in two days to see his younger sister who just had a surgical operation.
I called him and told him will be joining him on the ride to "Home town" (Lokoja) and He said cool.
The day came and we embarked on our journey, it was all fun and smooth until we got to Banda (Lokoja) just few seconds before the Navy Quarters, we got in the bad road (so many potholes) and slowed down with few vehicles behind us, in a split of seconds our two front tires deflated, just as we were trying to figure out what had just happened, a heavy bullet blasted the drivers window and passed my face then penetrated my own window.
The next thing we saw were 7 fully armed Fulani Herdsmen on Black from head to toe. They invaded the road and started shooting sporadically.
The target was a Prado jeep which unfortunately for us was right behind us... So we became the major Bait to get the jeep. They started spraying our car and the prado jeep continuously until they destroyed my own side of the glass, infact glasses were all over my body. The prado escaped because it was pure "Bulletproof. Before we could accept reality another rounds of Bullets started flying inside our car and even destroyed all my cocktail equipments. (I prayed my last prayers from the dept of my heart cause it was obvious i was at the point of death.)
Just as our heads was bent, one of the Herdsmen came towards us and dragged me out of the car and pointed Gun to my head and asked me to lay on d floor with my heads down and my hands up. He then dragged me up again to start running inside the Bush, while i was running to the direction of the Bush he pointed, i saw some persons already dead or maybe just wounded and on the ground as a result of the stray bullets.
Well after surviving the Gunshots, we got to the next horrific stage which was the journey into the deep forest. We trekked and trekked and kept trekking into the deep forest like we were going to an endlesd journey. We climbed the tallest mountains you can imagine, i was tired and was tempted to tell them i couldn't do this no more and they should take my life.
At 10pm we were still walking into the deepest forest where we were vulnerable to snakes and scorpion bites, i was afraid in case a wild animal will come for us but i thank God for his mercies.
We had no food, no water and even if we eventually ran into water, we had no choice than to drink the green water with Spirogyra. (All i do is close my eyes&pray before drinking)
On 18th at about 8:30am they gave us our phones and asked us to alert our people that we have been kidnapped and they should start preparing to put in Ransome together.
After few hours they called my people again and demanded for 10Million Naira. Friends and family
started bargaining and after 24 Hours they came down to 5Million. Some friends already started putting funds together to assist in their own little way. the next day a family member spoke with them and told them they were able to raise just 300k, they gave me the beating of my life that day and told my people that they give them 24 hours to raise 1 million if not they were going to call them to tell them where to pick my corpse, that was the moment i got so scared cause my life was on the line...and they were damn serious. �
Well i will save the remaining story for another day but my heart is filled with thanks cause, many people went down that lane and didn't survive.
Some ladies were mercilessly raped but my case was different. It was so obvious that Heavy prayers were going on for me from different arenas.
It is no jokes to be the only lady in the Midst of 6 kidnapped victims with 7 heavily armed Fulani Herdsmen then come out after almost a week untouched.
I suffered Beatings just for the first 48 hours but after my eyes were badly hit and i started shouting and crying, their Boss warned his Boys never to hit me again, and from that moment they started treating me like the Bosses favourite. They kept beating other people like animals and woke them up with heavy floggings but i was spared because God favoured me in their sight. There was a point it was like i was going to die of cold and i was shivering in the middle of the night, two of the boys got up and made fire and told me to come lay beside it so i can get warm. (Obvious Miracle)
Sometimes when they eat, they will remain for me, one even called me aside one day and asked me if i was Hungry, then He gave me chinchin...lol�
It was the most bitter experience of my life since i was born but i give thanks to God for being with me all through that dark moment.
God gave me a second chance. God actually gave my life back to me. I didnt even believe i was still alive, I thought it was my spirit wondering in the deepest forest all through that period. Until i was finally re united with my family, it was difficult accepting that i was still alive.
Note.. #Friendship and relationship with people goes a long way and should never be taken for granted...
It was in the deep dark forest i found out that your life can be on a "Line" and you will be at the mercy of the friends you have made over the years. Do not let good people leave your life because of stupid issues that can be resolved.❤❤❤
Some friends were praying
Some supported financially
Some came to spend time with my parents to console them so they don't break down
Some were calling others to help.
Some that understood Fulani/Hausa spoke with the herdsmen in the Negotiation process.
After my release some still came to check my state of mind, some were in touch with family members to know how my healing process was going.
Some came to see me in the Hospital
SEE MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
Family will always be there for us, but do not joke with the POWER OF FRIENDSHIP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja - Lokoja Road Kidnap: A Victim's Experience by dawnomike(m): 1:12pm On Dec 16, 2020
Thank God you live to tell the tale

1 Like

Re: Abuja - Lokoja Road Kidnap: A Victim's Experience by Enskynelson(m): 1:13pm On Dec 16, 2020
More photos

Re: Abuja - Lokoja Road Kidnap: A Victim's Experience by Enskynelson(m): 1:18pm On Dec 16, 2020
More

Re: Abuja - Lokoja Road Kidnap: A Victim's Experience by Enskynelson(m): 1:19pm On Dec 16, 2020
CC: Lalasticlala
Re: Abuja - Lokoja Road Kidnap: A Victim's Experience by Enskynelson(m): 1:23pm On Dec 16, 2020
More

Re: Abuja - Lokoja Road Kidnap: A Victim's Experience by shamsin6300(m): 2:03pm On Dec 16, 2020
Wtf,,,,,,,so scary embarassed
Re: Abuja - Lokoja Road Kidnap: A Victim's Experience by mike8804: 2:18pm On Dec 16, 2020
south needs to wake from their slumber
Re: Abuja - Lokoja Road Kidnap: A Victim's Experience by Vision4God: 2:23pm On Dec 16, 2020
God be praised for his mercies over u.

It doesn't take Nigerian government anything to take action against kidnapping, banditry etc, but for reasons known to them they don't want to.
Re: Abuja - Lokoja Road Kidnap: A Victim's Experience by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 16, 2020
For any non northerner touched in this their foolery , we
will touch 10 northerners back.

We have arised, sorry we have arosed and will not take it lightly anymore

Meanwhile, this story had a few holes.
Side of your glass was shattered... pictorial evidence says different.
Other ladies were raped, yet u were d only lady amongst 6 kidnapped people.

I never chop today maybe hunger made me not read well
Re: Abuja - Lokoja Road Kidnap: A Victim's Experience by Uyi213: 4:12pm On Dec 16, 2020
We have spoken on kidnapping for a long time in Nigeria and nothing is being done. I can remember when my dad was kidnapped. It is that time you will know there re wicked people in this world
Re: Abuja - Lokoja Road Kidnap: A Victim's Experience by Enskynelson(m): 5:17pm On Dec 16, 2020
GayPontiff:
For any non northerner touched in this their foolery , we
will touch 10 northerners back.

We have arised, sorry we have arosed and will not take it lightly anymore

Meanwhile, this story had a few holes.
Side of your glass was shattered... pictorial evidence says different.
Other ladies were raped, yet u were d only lady amongst 6 kidnapped people.

I never chop today maybe hunger made me not read well

The victim was trying to say in some kidnap cases, ladies were raped (from my understanding). Lastly, see the pictures below and eat too... U will understand better. LOL

Re: Abuja - Lokoja Road Kidnap: A Victim's Experience by tungamaje: 9:59am On Dec 17, 2020
And some are against Kanu for raising a militia to defend his people against these beasts

(1) (Reply)

Money Transfer Gone Wrong / How MICAH, 5yrs Old boy Was Kidnapped while returning from school. Pix / Girl, 17, Accused Of Stabbing Female Uber Driver To Death In Southern California

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.