Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,918 members, 7,802,983 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? (12241 Views)

Fear Of Boycott Grips South African Brands / Why Everyone Should Boycott First City Monument Bank (FCMB) / Dangote Refinery To Boycott Subsidy On Petroleum Products (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by poshestmina(f): 3:22am On Dec 21, 2020
My hair stylist. She practically damaged my edges,was almost balded and when I complained ,she said ' you sef too carry the hair na' angry. undecided undecided
So I should pay upto 15k for crochet braids and not carry it upto 2 months angry. That was and will be the last time.

'Dm for Price' :I'm never "dming" ,if you can't write the price so I can have an idea before coming to bargain and buy , please carry your wahala and go undecided.

My favorite Isiewu joint cry cry cry. I lost all my love and appetite for Isiewu and Nkwobi the day I saw the Woman using her bare hands to remove insects/lice from her Bingo , she didn't wash her hands when she was through,just wiped it on her clothes and turned to ask me how many I wanted. angry.
Told her to wait let me ask my "Oga" and ran away .

Amala woman used hand to remove meat from my plate because I told her i don't eat beef ,I had to force the rest of the food down my throat...That was the last!!!

Some many instances!.Especially food vendors should keep their environments and self as neat as possible.

Any rude customer service,:It's either I follow up the madness or I just walk away depending on my mood and that will be the last.

33 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by mmsen: 5:50am On Dec 21, 2020
FCMB. Terrible bank. Awful service and customer service. Shoddy platforms and thankfully there are much better options.

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by Gorillabrain: 5:52am On Dec 21, 2020
I boycott becox of too much of olosho and the business recked down. Just crying.
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by Tillatalk: 5:54am On Dec 21, 2020
I used to bought something from this particular shop the other day I bought something from a shop closer to her na so she see me the next day say oga you no dey buy something from me again I was so angry and speechless

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by Amarisco(f): 5:55am On Dec 21, 2020
poshestmina:
My hair stylist. She practically damaged my edges,was almost balded and when I complained ,she said ' you sef too carry the hair na' angry. undecided undecided
So I should pay upto 15k for crochet braids and not carry it upto 2 months angry. That was and will be the last time.

My sister. You are not alone. I have had an experience just like that. The lack of apology was an insult.

The one I had to boycott was still another hairdresser that kept cancelling me last min upanddan. I would even manage her ever increasing prices. She had been doing my hair since I was 6 so familiarity was really doing her.

I know say she shock when I never call her phone again.

7 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by flinton(m): 5:55am On Dec 21, 2020
I use to patronise a lady that prepares peppered snails, one day I saw her whatsapp status crushing day old chicks with her feet, she crushed like 3, so inhumane. I stopped patronising her

24 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by ElValiente(m): 5:56am On Dec 21, 2020
The hotel I do lodge when ever I'm in island. We are so close that anytime I called I'm coming they will start partying on my head Biko. When I come land ehn no sleep all night. Both manager and the staffs. Moya ferege. They called me last week cos one of them was celebrating her birthday moya pa phone. Etiri maga abi.

13 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by capitalzero: 5:56am On Dec 21, 2020
poshestmina:

'Dm for Price' :I'm never "dming" ,if you can't write the price so I can have an idea before coming to bargain and buy , please carry your wahala and go undecided.

My favorite Isiewu joint cry cry cry. I lost all my love and appetite for Isiewu and Nkwobi the day I saw the Woman using her bare hands to remove insects/lice from her Bingo , she didn't wash her hands when she was through,just wiped it on her clothes and turned to ask me how many I wanted. angry.

Amala woman used hand to remove meat from my plate because I told her i don't eat beef ,I had to force the rest of the food down my throat...That was the last!!!

Some many instances!.Especially food vendors should keep their environments and self as neat as possible.

Any rude customer service,:It's either I follow up the madness or I just walk away depending on my mood and that will be the last.

For that amala woman, you even tried to eat. I would not.

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by shamsin6300(m): 5:59am On Dec 21, 2020
poshestmina:

That part of removing meat with bare hand from your plate is disgusting

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by AfroKnight: 5:59am On Dec 21, 2020
Twoclans:
I work with two good looking guys on my team, because I am their team lead .They always have a way of making me buy them breakfast at our popular hot buka joint .

When we get to this joint the female waiters always find a way to flirt and roll all their body for my male colleagues. Sometimes I even have to beg them to take my order because they get carried away in their flirting activities. They don't know that on this table of three I am the moneybag when it comes to that breakfast.

I had to boycott that buka joint because the same thing kept repeating itself.I cannot come and be begging on top my own hard earned money.

This is funny. grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

No vex ma. They didn’t know.
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by shamsin6300(m): 6:02am On Dec 21, 2020
Amarisco:

My sister. You are not alone. I have had an experience just like that. The lack of apology was an insult.

The one I had to boycott was still another hairdresser that kept cancelling me last min upanddan. I would even manage her ever increasing prices. She had been doing my hair since I was 6 so familiarity was really doing her.

I know say she shock when I never call her phone again.

That's a bold step taking smiley
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by anochuko01(m): 6:08am On Dec 21, 2020
This barber was barbing nonsense for me but I kept patronizing just on the basis of customer, not until one day when his clipper nearly cut my head and this guy had the guts to tell me in Yoruba that I'm a coward/fearful. I just kept my cool and resolved never no to go there again. It's been almost two years I last visited him but we see and greet almost everyday.

20 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by BRATISLAVA: 6:09am On Dec 21, 2020
Tillatalk:
I used to buy something from this particular shop the other day I bought something from a shop closer to her na so she see me the next day say oga you no dey buy something from me again I was so angry and speechless

Lol!
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by BRATISLAVA: 6:10am On Dec 21, 2020
anochuko01:
This barber was barbing nonsense for me but I kept patronizing just on the basis of customer, not until one day when his clipper nearly cut my head and this guy had the guts to tell me in Yoruba that I'm a coward/fearful. I just kept my cool and resolved never no to go there again. It's been almost two years I last visited him but we see and greet almost everyday.

grin grin grin

No apologies? Real men don't whine. grin grin
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by BRATISLAVA: 6:11am On Dec 21, 2020
flinton:
I use to patronise a lady that prepares peppered snails, one day I saw her whatsapp status crushing day old chicks with her feet, she crushed like 3, so inhumane. I stopped patronising her

Why crushing them
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by Olarewaju89: 6:12am On Dec 21, 2020
Kondomatic:
Fanta Don Cool ooo!

And that was it.

There was this shop very close to our own shop when I was an apprentice. I used to go there every afternoon to buy Fanta. Lunch without fanta was always incomplete.

So I was just passing my own jejely with a friend on this particular day when the shop owner called out from inside.

"Dogo Fanta don cool oo"

I smiled and I said okay but inside I was like "eeh! So unah don take Fanta know me?"

That was the last they saw me.

ANOTHER ONE

That's means you are tall grin

There was a restaurant that I used patronize on days that I don't feel like cooking. I will just stop by to buy food and take home after closing from shop.

The waitresses there have this annoying habit of asking make I keep the change. I got tired of saying NO and stopped going there
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by anochuko01(m): 6:14am On Dec 21, 2020
BRATISLAVA:

grin grin grin

No apologies?
No o.
He probably still doesn't know why I stopped patronizing him. He got away with so many unprofessional attitudes, so it would be difficult for him to know which one of them stopped me from coming.

4 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by AfroKnight: 6:15am On Dec 21, 2020
Funny as it sounds, some vendors are snobs.

You need business but you’re acting like you’re doing your new customers a favour. A local food vendor used to give me such vibes and one day I had had enough. I waited patiently until she deigned to give me my change and then I left and never returned.

Her food is delicious but her attitude is sh!t.

4 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by DrFunmisticGlow: 6:16am On Dec 21, 2020
Debonair's pizza. They used to offer free delivery but the delivery man was always late, like 3 -4 hrs late. By that time, i would have ordered something else for my visitors and it was always the same guy. And the distance from my place to the outlet was not far.

One say i vexed, ordered a pizza, the same delivery guy took 6hours to deliver the pizza, when he finally came,he kept giving me excuses. I just took the pizza without paying and told him to go. Because it was thier promise that if thier pizza was already cold and the red circle gone black, i could get the pizza free.

Another business i boycotted was MTN, can never use thier sim again

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by BrainEya(m): 6:18am On Dec 21, 2020
Nairalanders please I need your attention on thist thread since the mods of this great forum no wan reason my matter... https://www.nairaland.com/6323122/truck-engineer- apprenticeship-aba-uyo lalasticlacla seun disguy justwise

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by ArticleBeast: 6:21am On Dec 21, 2020
Mide3367:
mtchew lame excuse. sad
It is not lame excuse. I do the same because I noticed that most of them give u price based on your profile pic or status. If the price cannot be stated then I don't trust the biz

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by Breastfeed: 6:24am On Dec 21, 2020
lack of funds
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by flinton(m): 6:26am On Dec 21, 2020
BRATISLAVA:

Why crushing them
I don't know, it happened in a poultry farm, seems they were to be discarded
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by toprealman: 6:30am On Dec 21, 2020
pocohantas:

Have you ever had to boycott a business? What made you take that decision?
Dominos is just over hyped. Their pizza is crap....wait till you eat proper pizza to realise how long you have been shortchanged by dominos.
Their ice cream too is overpriced.
Whipping cream+ Milo+ *Hollandia liquid milk(3.5% fat)+ condensed milk+ dried coconut+crushed biscuit base( digestive/ Oates....etc)+ electric mixer. With this combo, you cannot enter Dominos again.
Thank me later

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by Cutehector(m): 6:31am On Dec 21, 2020
Boycotting a business doesn't mean the business will fail. All these silly mindset sef.
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by BRATISLAVA: 6:31am On Dec 21, 2020
flinton:

I don't know, it happened in a poultry farm, seems they were to be discarded

Why didn't she just fry the eggs? Or give them out? Why crush them?

Some people can be so cruel!
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by BRATISLAVA: 6:34am On Dec 21, 2020
toprealman:

Dominos is just over hyped. Their pizza is crap....wait till you eat proper pizza to realise how long you have been shortchanged by dominos.
Their ice cream too is overpriced.
Whipping cream+ Milo+ condensed milk+ dried coconut+crushed biscuit base( digestive/ Oates....etc)+ electric mixer. With this combo, you cannot enter Dominos again.
Thank me later

Thank you!

Dominos is wack pizza. It's better you make it yourself at home. You would think a foreign brand would be better, but apparently, once in Nigeria you must become a Nigerian. Substandard pizza.

10 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by sammirano: 6:35am On Dec 21, 2020
Twoclans:
I work with two good looking guys on my team, because I am their team lead .They always have a way of making me buy them breakfast at our popular hot buka joint .

When we get to this joint the female waiters always find a way to flirt and roll all their body for my male colleagues. Sometimes I even have to beg them to take my order because they get carried away in their flirting activities. They don't know that on this table of three I am the moneybag when it comes to that breakfast.

I had to boycott that buka joint because the same thing kept repeating itself.I cannot come and be begging on top my own hard earned money.

But you sef will like the guys grin

4 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by chinchonglee(m): 6:37am On Dec 21, 2020
The very moment a business start giving me gift or free things, i stop patronizing them.

I dnt like favours

4 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by seanwilliam(m): 6:38am On Dec 21, 2020
There Is this local burka I used to eat back then cos eatery is far from my side cos you'll need to spend extra 300naira to places like foodco on bike to and fro, the burka food was not worth a single penny..but due to the fact that I'm lazy when it comes to cooking and the woman is neat compared to others around (Her food is not sweet at all).... there was this day I went there and I couldn't believe what I saw...mad man in the shop buying food.. hahah oboy since then if I no fit cook indomie I'll rather chop bread in the morning and wait till evening before I go foodco to buy food I go chop

8 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by Nobody: 6:43am On Dec 21, 2020
Acidosis:

I boycott anyone that tells me "DM for price". I nor dey do secret cult business.

Anytime I see "DM for price", my brain interprets it as SCAM. If you're not offering a service, then your price should be stated.

Reason for that is because prices changes from time to time....and someone will refer to that price you made public in the comment section or in a post in the past and call you a scam for giving them another price...and you can't go deleting or editing every reply you made with the newest price it will look like a criminal act because at some point you won't be able to edite all of them and it's tiring...

So to save your self and the buyer explanations that might lead to insults...you left the enquirers Prices in their inbox

Then some sellers say inbox me so they will know you're a serious buyer but I think the seller is lazy on this part because serious buyer or not he didn't need to inbox you....its your responsibility to tell him the price yourself in the inbox provided he made an enquiry to know more

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The New CAC Online Portal / Firstbank Nigeria Launches Its Premium Banking Lounge In Lagos & Abuja! / Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.