Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? (12239 Views)

Fear Of Boycott Grips South African Brands / Why Everyone Should Boycott First City Monument Bank (FCMB) / Dangote Refinery To Boycott Subsidy On Petroleum Products (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by wwwtortoise(m): 7:49am On Dec 21, 2020
Depressed101:
cheers we crossed 11,000,000

Cheers bro !

More coins to your our wallet cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by GeoAfrikana(m): 8:04am On Dec 21, 2020
Cutehector:
Boycotting a business doesn't mean the business will fail. All these silly mindset sef.

Yes it doesn't mean the business will fail but it means you get satisfaction for the money you're spending.

Afterall, the essence of purchasing from them isn't because you want to keep their business floating, it's because (you feel) they can satisfy your needs/want. Once they don't meet expectations you move on. It's business not marriage.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by DeLaRue: 8:05am On Dec 21, 2020
flinton:

I don't know, it happened in a poultry farm, seems they were to be discarded

Shocking. Horrible. Disgusting.

Why not give them away. A woman for that matter.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by bigcee(m): 8:06am On Dec 21, 2020
tolexy007:
thier was a place I used to eat in CMS in Lagos island. each time I get there and want to buy food. the woman always put extra meat, everytime.

if I say Give me Amala 200, and 1 meat , e go add extra meat join am, but will never add to the amala, even if I but Amala or any other food 100 naira and 3meat she will still add extra meat. the thing wey con scare me b say, na only me she dey give like that. that was how i decided that am not going to eat there again..
E shock you abigrin

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by DeLaRue: 8:12am On Dec 21, 2020
fuckaholic25:
that stupid barber made me a bald man today... God will punish u, Alade

The thought of a barber making one permanently bald is scary grin

How is it possible
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by fuckaholic25(f): 8:17am On Dec 21, 2020
DeLaRue:

The thought of a barber making one permanently bald is scary grin

How is it possible
bruh... the idiot no Sabi carve shaping at all!! I hate him!!
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by GeoAfrikana(m): 8:18am On Dec 21, 2020
Jrevelation:
In a country where every body want to become rich over night and looking for way out

Your Business can't survive only if you are ready to sacrifice your time without employ anyone

You see in this country Nigeria ,there are certain business that can survive you with staff if not my people all your workers are praying for any short cut to make it

Because the monthly pay is not always not their desire

Those two are the major problems of this country

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by Ojemedad: 8:23am On Dec 21, 2020
UBA, those guys are crookes
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 21, 2020
I will just pretend its an interesting thread and ignore the foodie OP, moving on;
I have loyalty to SMEs which is why i love patronizing small business around me.
Their is a guy that sell home appliances not to far from my area, bought iron, ceiling & standing fan from him, i patronizing him often, @ some point he started saying becos its you my friend pay so so amount, for my mind he gave me discount. one day I saw a nice wall bracket, he gave me price so i told him i will come back later unfortunately for him my instinct compelled me to price it in another shop, the price i got for the same product shock me, other things i bought i price them again and the price still shock me ...i had to boycott oga arinze & sons ventures.
Same as where i fill my gas @ the road side, what sells for like #270 per kg was sold to me @ #400 per kg, one day i decided to try a filling station, got the reciept n i was just laughing. from that day i stop having loyalty to any business.
He sees me often buh he dare not ask why no longer patronize him.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by waleamoo: 8:35am On Dec 21, 2020
App development experts.

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by authority2006(m): 8:42am On Dec 21, 2020
pocohantas:

Lol. You mean Naija girls are business ventures? Kinda like sole proprietorship.

Thank you. I wonder too, what kind of business owner would be saying something like that?

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by Tillatalk: 8:46am On Dec 21, 2020
mightyhazel:
thats more like a pleasantry na.. like telling a friend 'long time no see/hear..' u too dey vex sha
she saying like it is must I must buy something from a her shop thats why I hate buying things from a particular shop..
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by DrFunmisticGlow: 8:50am On Dec 21, 2020
ihimiray:
please why did u stop using MTN.... And which one do u use now
expensive call rates, this was 10years ago. Use etisalat now
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by authority2006(m): 8:50am On Dec 21, 2020
anslem04:
I will just pretend its an interesting thread and ignore the foodie OP, moving on;
I have loyalty to SMEs which is why i love patronizing small business around me.
Their is a guy that sell home appliances not to far from my area, bought iron, ceiling & standing fan from him, i patronizing him often, @ some point he started saying becos its you my friend pay so so amount, for my mind he gave me discount. one day I saw a nice wall bracket, he gave me price so i told him i will come back later unfortunately for him my instinct compelled me to price it in another shop, the price i got for the same product shock me, other things i bought i price them again and the price still shock me ...i had to boycott oga arinze & sons ventures.
Same as where i fill my gas @ the road side, what sells for like #270 per kg was sold to me @ #400 per kg, one day i decided to try a filling station, got the reciept n i was just laughing. from that day i stop having loyalty to any business.
He sees me often buh he dare not ask why no longer patronize him.

It's not new. Once they know that you wouldn't go another place to price items as a loyal customer, they would automatically start ripping you off unless such items have price tag.
I stopped patronising the woman who always sold provisions to me when I realised that she was inflating price for me as a loyal customer. Now, she doesn't look my way again anytime I pass in front of her shop, like we didn't know each other. So much for the years of loyalty. Lol

6 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by poshestmina(f): 8:52am On Dec 21, 2020
capitalzero:

For that amala woman, you even tried to eat. I would not.

I was soooo hungry . I had to start thinking/distract my mind before I could eat it sad

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by authority2006(m): 9:07am On Dec 21, 2020
poshestmina:
My hair stylist. She practically damaged my edges,was almost balded and when I complained ,she said ' you sef too carry the hair na' angry. undecided undecided
So I should pay upto 15k for crochet braids and not carry it upto 2 months angry. That was and will be the last time.

'Dm for Price' :I'm never "dming" ,if you can't write the price so I can have an idea before coming to bargain and buy , please carry your wahala and go undecided.

My favorite Isiewu joint cry cry cry. I lost all my love and appetite for Isiewu and Nkwobi the day I saw the Woman using her bare hands to remove insects/lice from her Bingo , she didn't wash her hands when she was through,just wiped it on her clothes and turned to ask me how many I wanted. angry.
Told her to wait let me ask my "Oga" and ran away .

Amala woman used hand to remove meat from my plate because I told her i don't eat beef ,I had to force the rest of the food down my throat...That was the last!!!

Some many instances!.Especially food vendors should keep their environments and self as neat as possible.

Any rude customer service,:It's either I follow up the madness or I just walk away depending on my mood and that will be the last.

Only if we know how dirty and unhygienic many food sellers could be, how they don't care what they use their hand to touch or grab and not bother to wash it, we wouldn't want to buy prepared food from them at all.

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by authority2006(m): 9:17am On Dec 21, 2020
ezenwajosh:

Reason for that is because prices changes from time to time....and someone will refer to that price you made public in the comment section or in a post in the past and call you a scam for giving them another pric e...and you can't go deleting or editing every reply you made with the newest price it will look like a criminal act because at some point you won't be able to edite all of them and it's tiring...

So to save your self and the buyer explanations that might lead to insults...you left the enquirers Prices in their inbox

Then some sellers say inbox me so they will know you're a serious buyer but I think the seller is lazy on this part because serious buyer or not he didn't need to inbox you....its your responsibility to tell him the price yourself in the inbox provided he made an enquiry to know more

That's lame, everyones knows that prices change in Nigeria almost every day. Don't everyone patronise physical market to know that? Whether you put up price or not, the price might still be different from what the referrer already told them before they contact you

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by Digitalwitch: 9:28am On Dec 21, 2020
pocohantas:

It is not lame, I created a thread on it HERE. Many people are actually put off by it. But I think for you to say you boycotted a business, you should have had previous dealings with the business.
These are the main reasons

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by Digitalwitch: 9:32am On Dec 21, 2020
DrFunmisticGlow:
expensive call rates, this was 10years ago. Use etisalat now
MTN is cheap na
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by Segeshow: 9:34am On Dec 21, 2020
I had to stop patronizing Instagram hair vendors as I had a bad case of what I paid for vs what I got.Dinmaluxury Isss you I'm referring to ooo!Talmbout how I didn't pay for the exact length in the video.mscheeewwww

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by pocohantas(f): 9:40am On Dec 21, 2020
Segeshow:
I had to stop patronizing Instagram hair vendors as I had a bad case of what I paid for vs what I got.Dinmaluxury Isss you I'm referring to ooo!Talmbout how I didn't pay for the exact length in the video.mscheeewwww

Thanks for the warning grin. To think I had my eyes on her and loved her energy.
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by Segeshow: 9:48am On Dec 21, 2020
pocohantas:

Thanks for the warning grin. To think I had my eyes in her and loved her energy.

That's what made me patronize her in the first instance. Her energy was so joyous
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by hstar: 9:48am On Dec 21, 2020
Ok
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by LEAFLET(m): 9:54am On Dec 21, 2020
Goalnaldo:
Please Bitcoin should rise to 12k let me withdraw 5k and use to hold body this festive period.
like 5k usd just for Christmas You must be wealthy
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by shantti(m): 10:12am On Dec 21, 2020
poshestmina:
My hair stylist. She practically damaged my edges,was almost balded and when I complained ,she said ' you sef too carry the hair na' angry. undecided undecided
So I should pay upto 15k for crochet braids and not carry it upto 2 months angry. That was and will be the last time.

'Dm for Price' :I'm never "dming" ,if you can't write the price so I can have an idea before coming to bargain and buy , please carry your wahala and go undecided.

My favorite Isiewu joint cry cry cry. I lost all my love and appetite for Isiewu and Nkwobi the day I saw the Woman using her bare hands to remove insects/lice from her Bingo , she didn't wash her hands when she was through,just wiped it on her clothes and turned to ask me how many I wanted. angry.
Told her to wait let me ask my "Oga" and ran away .

Amala woman used hand to remove meat from my plate because I told her i don't eat beef ,I had to force the rest of the food down my throat...That was the last!!!

Some many instances!.Especially food vendors should keep their environments and self as neat as possible.

Any rude customer service,:It's either I follow up the madness or I just walk away depending on my mood and that will be the last.

hmmm, your own too much
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 21, 2020
authority2006:

It's not new. Once they know that you wouldn't go another place to price items as a loyal customer, they would automatically start ripping you off unless such items have price tag.
I stopped patronising the woman who always sold provisions to me when I realised that she was inflating price for me as a loyal customer. Now, she doesn't look way again anytime I pass in front of her shop, like we didn't know each other. So much for the loyal customer. Lol

Well said bro ! they mistake ones loyalty as been gullible. once i hear "becos its you pay .... " i dey japa be that grin twice bitten once shy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by Trex4(m): 10:20am On Dec 21, 2020
Mine was a fairly large provisions store near my house. The owner is a Muslim and mostly gives preference to his Muslim brothers and sisters, especially around that time there was lockdown and scarce goods.

One day, I went there to buy something and didn't see the guy. There was a woman standing there in the shop, presumably waiting for the guy too. When I asked her, she said he's not around. So I left the shop. Outside the shop, someone else told me he's there, I should check properly. Only for me to actually see the guy hiding behind a big stack of indomie cartons. Since that day I can never go there. I rather walk 30 meters to get my stuff.

Second one was a woman that sells recharge card by my street. (Very close to my house, she knows my place). I've been buying from her since my JSS3 (I'm in College now). This year, I went to buy 1000 recharge card but unfortunately my cash was remaining 50 naira. Do you know this woman actually told her daughter to hold me so that I won't "Run"?!? Someone that I've know for years now. Since then she can go to hell abeg.

5 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by ThatFairGuy1: 10:36am On Dec 21, 2020
ethicallyright:
Take this allegation down now... لا يمكنك حذف تاريخ الإنترنت الخاص بك من الله.
But you can delete your brain from functioning well dear impostor?

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by shantti(m): 10:40am On Dec 21, 2020
me am thinking of boycotting treating malaria at our family friends clinic, the womans head nurse thinks that we are so rich and charges me 4300 for malaria injection, i suspect she is charging others a lesser amout
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 21, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

But you can delete your brain from functioning well dear impostor?

How am I an impostor? Swear to Allah that millions of faithful Muslims across the world did not boycott French products because President Macron said "Islamic extremists" instead of "terrorists".

So how am I an impostor? That an Imam didn't tell me to boycott French products or that Muslims didn't boycott French products or I'm not supposed to use a phone or how exactly am I an impostor?
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by cococandy(f): 10:48am On Dec 21, 2020
This thread is very interesting smiley
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by ThatFairGuy1: 10:50am On Dec 21, 2020
[s]
ethicallyright:

How am I an impostor? Swear to Allah that millions of faithful Muslims across the world did not boycott French products because President Macron said "Islamic extremists" instead of "terrorists".

So how am I an impostor? That an Imam didn't tell me to boycott French products or that Muslims didn't boycott French products or I'm not supposed to use a phone or how exactly am I an impostor?
[/s]
Unwise impostor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dangote Gained $5 Billion In 22 Days As Net Worth Hits $20 Billion / The New CAC Online Portal / Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.