Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,459 members, 7,808,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

With The NIN Synchronisation In Place, What Happens To Number Recycling? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / With The NIN Synchronisation In Place, What Happens To Number Recycling? (19325 Views)

It Seems Glo Has Even disconnected itself before the NIN Deadline / NIN Issues: I Never Registered For NIN.. How Do I Verify The NIN from *346#? / How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

With The NIN Synchronisation In Place, What Happens To Number Recycling? by BluntNigerian: 6:49am On Dec 17, 2020
With time, the NIN Synchronisation will be fully completed for all the phone numbers in existence, meaning that every phone number in existence belongs to a known human being, and information about the owner of the phone number can be easily retrieved from the NIN Database, would the Network Providers still continue to be doing Number Recycling?
I need expert responses please.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: With The NIN Synchronisation In Place, What Happens To Number Recycling? by HitRun(m): 6:58am On Dec 17, 2020
Let the government send their officials to answer jor. Let us wait for the people who are paid hundreds of thousands of naira as salary monthly to answer the question abeg. Ah never chop since yesterday. I am hungry!

114 Likes 6 Shares

Re: With The NIN Synchronisation In Place, What Happens To Number Recycling? by fnep2smooth(m): 6:58am On Dec 17, 2020
No... I don't think so but this NIN registration is a waste of time looking at the present situation in the country.
Many people don't have NIN, some are secondary school students, some are local village people who must times find it difficult to retrieve their lost sim due to long queue so they result to buying a fresh sim, some people don't even know what NIN is all about.

How can you give a country with more than 100 million active internet users just two weeks when you know that one quarter of the country don't have NIN.

Even the timing is wrong... Giving from 15th to 30th of December is wickedness, in this festive season you want people to start queueing on the line in ever network center across the country.

Currently I'm not sure if the registration for NIN is still on, so how will people who haven't register get registered before 30 December.

These people needs to stop frustrating us... We are not animals. They can move it to next year when the covid-19 cases and businesses are normalized.

Update
Giving only 200 centers for NIN registration is useless, why not extend it to local government so that people can come out and register.
And what about BVN, Voters Card is that not enough for registration.

If they can use voters card for election why not use it for this registration also, that's accessible to the people because many people have it.

I build any kind of website
Pay when the job is completed

94 Likes 4 Shares

Re: With The NIN Synchronisation In Place, What Happens To Number Recycling? by michlins(m): 6:58am On Dec 17, 2020
If sim registration and BVN didn't stop them from recycling numbers, I don't think nin would

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: With The NIN Synchronisation In Place, What Happens To Number Recycling? by Nobody: 6:59am On Dec 17, 2020
Yes, they’ll continue to do number recycling because aint nobody got time to be putting in fresh work and effort into a failed contraption like Nigeria.

We Nigerians should stick with recycled and second hands numbers / products.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: With The NIN Synchronisation In Place, What Happens To Number Recycling? by OMONGBALI: 6:59am On Dec 17, 2020
This is a very good question.

3 Likes

Re: With The NIN Synchronisation In Place, What Happens To Number Recycling? by Olamialphonso(m): 6:59am On Dec 17, 2020
Nin Na nonsense
Re: With The NIN Synchronisation In Place, What Happens To Number Recycling? by siralos135: 6:59am On Dec 17, 2020
Good question. A very good one.

1 Like

Re: With The NIN Synchronisation In Place, What Happens To Number Recycling? by Cantonese: 6:59am On Dec 17, 2020
I think many things need to be cleared up. Hopefully also there will be no point asking for another form of identification after this.

1 Like

Re: With The NIN Synchronisation In Place, What Happens To Number Recycling? by Femich18(m): 7:00am On Dec 17, 2020
Good question
Re: With The NIN Synchronisation In Place, What Happens To Number Recycling? by drake49(m): 7:00am On Dec 17, 2020
Since 2014 i still haven't gotten my national ID card... Mumu country

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: With The NIN Synchronisation In Place, What Happens To Number Recycling? by Digitiminimi: 7:00am On Dec 17, 2020
I hope they won't lose the database to fire. This Country sha grin

14 Likes

Re: With The NIN Synchronisation In Place, What Happens To Number Recycling? by kennyflames(m): 7:00am On Dec 17, 2020
i don't think so

1 Like

Re: With The NIN Synchronisation In Place, What Happens To Number Recycling? by DonOms(m): 7:01am On Dec 17, 2020
Yes, number recycling will continue so the number blocks are not wasted since it costs these telecoms company (TELCOS) money to get extra numbers.

What I expect the TELCOS to do is to update the NIN info at the point of re-registering a recycled number i.e. a recycled number will get updated with the NIN and data of the new customer buying the recycled number.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: With The NIN Synchronisation In Place, What Happens To Number Recycling? by abragr8: 7:01am On Dec 17, 2020
Good
Re: With The NIN Synchronisation In Place, What Happens To Number Recycling? by tfelicityk(m): 7:01am On Dec 17, 2020
Good observations...

The NCC is never serious. They are looking for Peter to rob Paul.

3 Likes

Re: With The NIN Synchronisation In Place, What Happens To Number Recycling? by iHart(m): 7:02am On Dec 17, 2020
They will simply de-synchronize and then recycle!
Re: With The NIN Synchronisation In Place, What Happens To Number Recycling? by simple250: 7:02am On Dec 17, 2020
Becomes useless after death
Re: With The NIN Synchronisation In Place, What Happens To Number Recycling? by EdmundChidera(m): 7:02am On Dec 17, 2020
The fact that Nigeria government is so reckless in managing the affairs of this country and not giving the population time to do the needful. This is a welcome development whereby someone's identity can be traceable. Whites can easily track their citizens through means like this so why can't Nigerians be happy about the development since we don't even know our population.

2 Likes

Re: With The NIN Synchronisation In Place, What Happens To Number Recycling? by Globad(f): 7:02am On Dec 17, 2020
drake49:
Since 2014 i still haven't gotten my national ID card... Mumu country

You don't need the card. You only need the number. Do you have the number?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: With The NIN Synchronisation In Place, What Happens To Number Recycling? by emmy512: 7:02am On Dec 17, 2020
I just hope they give users the option of deactivating themselves from any SIM no longer used and report it to the right authorities so that anything that happens with that SIM after I deactivate myself is no longer my business

16 Likes

Re: With The NIN Synchronisation In Place, What Happens To Number Recycling? by pointstores(m): 7:03am On Dec 17, 2020
Nawa
Re: With The NIN Synchronisation In Place, What Happens To Number Recycling? by Sanchez01: 7:03am On Dec 17, 2020
BluntNigerian:
With time, the NIN Synchronisation will be fully completed for all the phone numbers in existence, meaning that every phone number in existence belongs to a known human being, and information about the owner of the phone number can be easily retrieved from the NIN Database, would the Network Providers still continue to be doing Number Recycling?
I need expert responses please.
Its a tricky question. I believe the NIN synchronisation will force the hands of telcos into either pushing the period of recycling backward, say two years or might be totally abolished.

Even before now, there have been instances where an old customer's details still show up on new customer details on specific telco work tools.

The NIN synchronisation does not in any way favour telcos because a sizeable amount of their gross comes from SIM sales. The idea of recycling in the first place is to leave no stone unturned. But with the new move, it would mean your number becomes your identity, and as such, can't be handled carelessly.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: With The NIN Synchronisation In Place, What Happens To Number Recycling? by sanemind5(m): 7:03am On Dec 17, 2020
good question

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Watch Youtube On You BB Free. / Instagram Co-founders Dumps Facebook Following Conflicts With Zuckerberg. / Why Do Phone Cameras Deteriorate Over Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.