Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,425 members, 7,808,521 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

Muslims don't celebrate nor greet for Christmas - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims don't celebrate nor greet for Christmas (664 Views)

Why Muslims Don't Take Interest-based Loans? / Muslims Don't Kill, Murderers Do / _bowing, Bending, Kneeling To Greet Are Shirk_* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslims don't celebrate nor greet for Christmas by Rashduct4luv(m): 6:59am On Dec 17, 2020
Praise be to Allah!
May the peace and blessings of Allah be on the last Prophet Muhammad, his family, companions and all those who follow the path of Haneef till the day of account.

Background 1
Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ on the 25 December every year. Most of them believe Jesus was God incarnate and exist as a triune with God and the holy spirit.
Hence having three persons in one God(Trinity).
Some Christians (like the Unitarian Christians) believe in One God and disbelieve in Trinity. A few other Christians have other type of faith resonating between this two beliefs and sometimes digressing.

Jesus Christ is believed to be God and or the son of God sent to earth to die for the sins of humans. This is termed Vicarious atonement.
So in summary, Christians celebrate the birth of their Lord in Christmas.

Background 2
Muslims believe Allah to be the only ruler and creator of all things. He is One with no partner, wife or son. Ascribing partners to Allah removes one from Islam. Islam rejects the concept of Trinity and giving the Almighty the attributes of humans (e.g. saying God died).

Muslims worship Allah only and believe that Jesus the son of Mary is a messenger and slave of Allah similar to Abraham, Moses, Noah and Muhammad May peace be upon them all).
Allah has no son
Qur'an 23: 91-92
91. No son (or offspring or children) did Allah beget, nor is there any ilah (god) along with Him; (if there had been many gods), behold, each god would have taken away what he had created, and some would have tried to overcome others! Glorified be Allah above all that they attribute to Him!
92. All-Knower of the unseen and the seen! Exalted be He over all that they associate as partners to Him!

Celebration of Birthdays in Christianity and Islam
Many Christian denominations do celebrate birthdays except a few denomination like Jehovah witnesses.
On the contrary, celebration of birthdays in Islam is a religious innovation which is forbidden. Just because many Muslim do it doesn't mean it is permitted.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) stated repeatedly that: "Every newly-invented thing is a bid'ah (innovation), every bid'ah is a going astray, and every going astray will be in the Fire." (Reported by al-Nisaa'i in al-Sunan, Salaat al-'Eedayn, Baab kayfa al-Khutbah). Reports with the same meaning were narrated via Jaabir (may Allaah be pleased with him) by Ahmad, via al-'Irbaad ibn Saariyah by Abu Dawud and via Ibn Mas'ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) by Ibn Maajah.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to say, when beginning a khutbah (sermon): " The best of speech is the Book of Allaah and the best of guidance is the guidance of Muhammad. The worst of things are those which are newly-invented, and every innovation is a going astray" (reported by Muslim, no. 867)

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) stated that whoever innovates something new in the deen (religion) will have his deed rejected, and Allaah will not accept it, as is stated in the hadeeth narrated by 'Aa'ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her), who said: "The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: 'Whoever innovates something in this matter of ours that is not a part of it will have it rejected.'" (Reported by al-Bukhaari, Fath al-Baari, no. 2697).

Celebration of Christmas in Christianity and Islam
Most Christians celebrate Christmas. A few denominations term it idolatrous while some claim they only celebrate Jesus' death not his birth.
The date of birth of Jesus Christ (as well as Muhammad) is actually unknown. All dates available are guesses and approximations.
A Muslim who understands the creed of Islam will avoid celebrating Christmas and even greeting them for it.
The reason being that celebrating birthdays is unfounded in Islam as stated in the ahadith above..

The religion of Islam is complete and needs no addition.
Allah says:
“This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion”
[al-Maa'idah 5:3]

Also copying non-muslims in their celebration is forbidden.
It was narrated from Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “You will certainly follow the ways of those who came before you hand span by hand span, cubit by cubit, to the extent that if they entered the hole of a lizard, you will enter it too.” We said: “O Messenger of Allaah, (do you mean) the Jews and the Christians?” He said: “Who else?” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1397; Muslim, 4822.

This hadeeth indicates that it is haraam to imitate the Jews and the Christians, and that those who follow them and tread the same path as them are criticized. Islam has reinforced this prohibition, by describing those who imitate the kuffaar as being of them.

It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.” Narrated by Abu Dawood, 3512; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Irwa’ al-Ghaleel, 2691.

May Allah guide us all in the right way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslims don't celebrate nor greet for Christmas by AntiChristian: 7:42am On Dec 17, 2020
May Allah guide those who still celebrate Xmas to the right way.

Our Prophet salallahu alayhi wa salam was not born on the 12 of Rabi al Awwal. This is a weak report.

Jesus didn't die in Islam.
I don't know how kissing stone is related here. Just bringing up rubbish and some foolish galatians with like the post.

Don't mind the lies of the Christian below.
That's the way Holy Spirit led him.
Re: Muslims don't celebrate nor greet for Christmas by advocatejare(m): 7:43am On Dec 18, 2020
Rashduct4luv:

Background 1
Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ on the 25 December every year. Most of them believe Jesus was God incarnate and exist as a triune with God and the holy spirit.

Muslims celebrate the birthday of Muhammad( Maulid Nabiyy) on the twelfth day of the month of Rabiulawal, the third month of the Muslim calendar, even though no one knows the exact day Muhammad was born, yet they don't want Christians to celebrate Christmas. Hypocrisy

Jesus Christ is believed to be God and or the son of God sent to earth to die for the sins of humans. This is termed Vicarious atonement.
So in summary, Christians celebrate the birth of their Lord in Christmas.
Yes Jesus Christ died and atoned for our sins.

In Islam what atones for your sin is kissing and touching a meteorite that fell from the sky called the Blackstone. How can you believe that a stone can atone for your sins are you want to kill yourself that Christians believe that Christ died for their sins?

The same muslims don't believe that Christ resurrected but they believe that their Lord the Blackstone will resurrect and intercede for them.

"Ibn Umar was clinging on the two corners (in a manner that I had not seen any of the Companions of the Prophet doing) so I said: 'O Abu Abdur-Rahman! You are clinging on the two corners in a manner that I have not seen any of the Companions of the Prophet clining.' So he said: 'I do it because I heard the Messenger of Allah saying: "Touching them atones for sins."...
-• Jami` at-Tirmidhi, Vol. 2, Book of Hajj, Hadith 959

Jami At-Tirmidhi 959: He said: The reason I do that is that I heard the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) say: “Touching them is an expiation for sins.”

Jami at-tirmidhi 961:
Ibn Abbas narrated that:
The Messenger of Allah said about the (Black) Stone: "By Allah! Allah will raise it on the Day of Resurrection with two eyes by which it sees and a tongue that it speaks with, testifying to whoever touched it in truth."

Background 2
Muslims believe Allah to be the only ruler and creator of all things. He is One with no partner, wife or son. Ascribing partners to Allah removes one from Islam.
Have you not equated Muhammad to Allah by saying both of them know best?

So Muhammad is as wise as Allah?

For example, they claim that speaking against Muhammad is blasphemy, but one can only blaspheme against God and not a mere human like Muhammad, so they've indirectly said that Muhammad is their god because they don't call for the head of anyone that insults Allah like they do to anyone that they accuse of blasphemy against Muhammad like the Kano tijjaniya guy.

Also, in the hadith when the Muslims equated Allah's knowledge with muhammad's, Muhammad didnt rebuke them which means that he accepted that he and Allah know best and not that Allah alone knows best.

Narrated Mu`adh bin Jabal:
While I was riding behind the Prophet (ﷺ) and between me and him and between me and him there was only the back of the saddle, he said, "0 Mu`adh!" I replied, "Labbaik, 0 Allah's Messenger (ﷺ), and Sa`daik!" he said, "Do you know what is Allah's right upon his slave?" I said, "Allah and His Apostle know best" He said "Allah's right upon his slaves is that they should worship Him alone and not worship anything else besides Him." Then he proceeded for a while and then said, "O Mu`adh bin Jabal!" I replied, "Labbaik, O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ):, Sa`daik!' He said, "Do you know what is the right of the slaves upon Allah if they do that?" I replied, "Allah and His Apostle know best." He said, "The right of the slaves upon Allah is that He will not punish them (if they do that).
- Sahih al-Bukhari 5967

4 Likes

Re: Muslims don't celebrate nor greet for Christmas by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:23am On Dec 18, 2020
advocatejare:

Muslims celebrate the birthday of Muhammad( Maulid Nabiyy) on the twelfth day of the month of Rabiulawal, the third month of the Muslim calendar, even though no one knows the exact day Muhammad was born, yet they don't want Christians to celebrate Christmas. Hypocrisy

I will only answer you this once. The date of birth of Muhammad is not know and celebrating birthdays is not in Islam. We are not hypocrites by sticking to our creed.
Don't expect us celebrating with you.

Yes Jesus Christ died and atoned for our sins.
we don't believe in this. This is kufr.

In Islam what atones for your sin is kissing and touching a meteorite that fell from the sky called the Blackstone. How can you believe that a stone can atone for your sins are you want to kill yourself that Christians believe that Christ died for their sins?

The same muslims don't believe that Christ resurrected but they believe that their Lord the Blackstone will resurrect and intercede for them.

"Ibn Umar was clinging on the two corners (in a manner that I had not seen any of the Companions of the Prophet doing) so I said: 'O Abu Abdur-Rahman! You are clinging on the two corners in a manner that I have not seen any of the Companions of the Prophet clining.' So he said: 'I do it because I heard the Messenger of Allah saying: "Touching them atones for sins."...
-• Jami` at-Tirmidhi, Vol. 2, Book of Hajj, Hadith 959

Jami At-Tirmidhi 959: He said: The reason I do that is that I heard the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) say: “Touching them is an expiation for sins.”

Jami at-tirmidhi 961:
Ibn Abbas narrated that:
The Messenger of Allah said about the (Black) Stone: "By Allah! Allah will raise it on the Day of Resurrection with two eyes by which it sees and a tongue that it speaks with, testifying to whoever touched it in truth."

Have you not equated Muhammad to Allah by saying both of them know best?

So Muhammad is as wise as Allah?

For example, they claim that speaking against Muhammad is blasphemy, but one can only blaspheme against God and not a mere human like Muhammad, so they've indirectly said that Muhammad is their god because they don't call for the head of anyone that insults Allah like they do to anyone that they accuse of blasphemy against Muhammad like the Kano tijjaniya guy.

Also, in the hadith when the Muslims equated Allah's knowledge with muhammad's, Muhammad didnt rebuke them which means that he accepted that he and Allah know best and not that Allah alone knows best.

Narrated Mu`adh bin Jabal:
While I was riding behind the Prophet (ﷺ) and between me and him and between me and him there was only the back of the saddle, he said, "0 Mu`adh!" I replied, "Labbaik, 0 Allah's Messenger (ﷺ), and Sa`daik!" he said, "Do you know what is Allah's right upon his slave?" I said, "Allah and His Apostle know best" He said "Allah's right upon his slaves is that they should worship Him alone and not worship anything else besides Him." Then he proceeded for a while and then said, "O Mu`adh bin Jabal!" I replied, "Labbaik, O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ):, Sa`daik!' He said, "Do you know what is the right of the slaves upon Allah if they do that?" I replied, "Allah and His Apostle know best." He said, "The right of the slaves upon Allah is that He will not punish them (if they do that).
- Sahih al-Bukhari 5967

How is all these related to Muslims celebrating Christmas?

And we that haven't been to Mecca now our sins can't be forgiven?

It's better you keep your ignorance and dumbness to yourself than keep exposing it here.
Re: Muslims don't celebrate nor greet for Christmas by advocatejare(m): 9:38am On Dec 18, 2020
Rashduct4luv:

I will only answer you this once. The date of birth of Muhammad is not know and celebrating birthdays is not in Islam. We are not hypocrites by sticking to our creed.
Are you saying that the Muslims celebrating Maulid Nabiyy are not Muslims?

we don't believe in this. This is kufr.
But you believe that kissing and touching a stone can atone for your sins

How is all these related to Muslims celebrating Christmas?
Then allow those celebrating it to do so without your interference

And we that haven't been to Mecca now our sins can't be forgiven?
Direct that question to the hadith of your Prophet
Re: Muslims don't celebrate nor greet for Christmas by advocatejare(m): 9:43am On Dec 18, 2020
AntiChristian:
May Allah guide those who still celebrate Xmas to the right way.

Our Prophet salallahu alayhi wa salam was not born on the 12 of Rabi al Awwal. This is a weak report.
So those Muslims celebrating Maulid Nabiyy every year are not Muslims? grin

I don't know how kissing stone is related here.
Because kissing stone is a pagan practice that Muhammad retained in Islam that you're practicing today but instead of being concerned about them and remove the log in your eyes, ayojuran lo n ba kiri

3 Likes

Re: Muslims don't celebrate nor greet for Christmas by AntiChristian: 5:52pm On Dec 18, 2020
advocatejare:

So those Muslims celebrating Maulid Nabiyy every year are not Muslims? grin
who said they are not? Jehovah witnesses don't celebrate birthdays and Christmas, are they not Christians?

Because kissing stone is a pagan practice that Muhammad retained in Islam that you're practicing today but instead of being concerned about them and remove the log in your eyes, ayojuran lo n ba kiri

Is kissing stone a form of worship?

What about Christmas tree and Christmas, are they not of pagan origin or idolatrous/ idolatry as one of your pastors call it?
Re: Muslims don't celebrate nor greet for Christmas by advocatejare(m): 6:46pm On Dec 18, 2020
AntiChristian:

Is kissing stone a form of worship?

Didn't Muhammad tell you that kissing the Blackstone will expiate for your sins and that the Blackstone will testify for you in the day of judgement?

1 Like

Re: Muslims don't celebrate nor greet for Christmas by AntiChristian: 7:43am On Dec 20, 2020
advocatejare:

Didn't Muhammad tell you that kissing the Blackstone will expiate for your sins and that the Blackstone will testify for you in the day of judgement?

Yes.
Doing ablution five times daily expiates sins too.

Fasting Ramadan too

And there are many others too.
Re: Muslims don't celebrate nor greet for Christmas by advocatejare(m): 9:33am On Dec 23, 2020
AntiChristian:

Yes.
Doing ablution five times daily expiates sins too.

Fasting Ramadan too

And there are many others too.
Didn't Muhammad say that the Blackstone will testify for you in the day of judgement?

The Blackstone is your solicitor
Re: Muslims don't celebrate nor greet for Christmas by osamz007: 5:06am On Dec 25, 2020

(1) (Reply)

See Nine Meats Forbidden For Believers / Everyone Condemns Mawlid But Not Sect / The Rate At Which My Igbo People Are Converting To ISLAM Is Alarming.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.