Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,991 members, 7,806,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed (29561 Views)

Tinted Glass Permit: Three Police Officers In Lagos Face Trial / Gunmen Kill Three Police Officers In Ebonyi, Cart Away Rifles / Nigerian Port Authority Headquarters On Fire! Mob Set NPA Office, Lagos Ablaze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by EbenAK: 7:08am On Dec 17, 2020
Three killed as hoodlums attack, raze Anambra police station

An irate mob, on Wednesday, set three police stations ablaze at Igboukwu, Ekwulobia and Oko in the Aguata and Orumba North local government areas of Anambra State.

An eyewitness, who gave his name simply as Goddy, said the Igboukwu Police Station was set ablaze around 8am.

He said trouble began when some policemen on duty in the area killed a commercial motorcyclist on Tuesday while trying to extort him.

Goddy stated, “As I’m talking to you, the place is up in flame. The mob, made up of commercial motorcycle operators, is moving to the Ekwulobia Police Station to also set it ablaze.

“Avoid Ekwulobia park side because a serious fracas is going on between policemen and civilians.

“A policeman was gunned down in Ekwulobia, while one civilian was killed in the Oko area; there are three deaths in the fracas. Three police stations in Ekwulobia, Oko and Igboukwu have been burnt.”

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Haruna Mohammed, confirmed the Ugboukwu incident.

He said the Commissioner of Police in the state, John Abang, had ordered the arrest of the cops involved in the incident, and appealed for calm.

Mohammed stated, “On Tuesday around 10.30pm, there was an altercation between police operatives and motorcycle riders over some impounded motorcycles as a result of the recent restriction on the movement of motorcycles beyond 9pm in the state.

“The situation degenerated into a chaos, which led to an accidental discharge that hit one motorcycle rider and the burning of the Igboukwu Police Station by irate youths.

“The Commissioner of Police, John Abang, is deeply saddened by the unfortunate incident and has ordered the detention of the policemen involved and a full-scale investigation into the matter.

“The CP further appealed for calm and assured the public that justice will be done in the case and the outcome of police investigation shall be made public in due course.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/three-killed-as-hoodlums-attack-raze-anambra-police-station/%3famp=1

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by Cubana01: 7:10am On Dec 17, 2020
Saw this on News yesterday, what's the essence

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by Nokio1: 7:31am On Dec 17, 2020
Message from a friend. Please he need help. Advise him. Last January our neighbour bought a car, my wife woke me from sleep nightly saying 'Is he not a man like you? Or is he from another planet? You have to do just as he has done? You too must buy a car'. I was forced to buy a Car. After three months, the neighbour bought a piece of land, and she disturbed me until I also bought one. Two months ago, the neighbour started his building on his land. As usual, she did not leave me in peace until I also had to do same. Now, this afternoon, our neighbour brought in a second wife... Pls I NEED HELP Should i wait for the usual pressure, or Just take action??

260 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by EbenAK: 7:53am On Dec 17, 2020
Police killed a motorcycle rider at Igboukwu town, whose wife recently gave birth to baby twins and was awaiting for his dead father's burial,(as heard) over disagreement and the youth became angry and burned the station at Igboukwu, Aguata LGA, and came down to Ekwulobia station, which is the headquarter of Aguata LGA police stations.
But before the tight defense of the police force of Ekwulobia station was broken and set ablaze by the furious mob, a motorcycle rider among the mob was shot down by the police and was taken inside the station by the police, and the mob became more angry and went to Oko the neighboring town police station with the corpse and set the station ablaze.

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by Orjioorji(f): 7:54am On Dec 17, 2020
Nokio1:
Message from a friend. Please he need help.
Advise him.
Last January our neighbour bought a car, my wife woke me
from sleep nightly saying 'Is he not a man like you? Or is he
from another planet? You have to do just as he has done?
You too must buy a car'. I was forced to buy a Car.
After three months, the neighbour bought a piece of land,
and she disturbed me until I also bought one.
Two months ago, the neighbour started his building on his
land. As usual, she did not leave me in peace until I also
had to do same.
Now, this afternoon, our neighbour brought in a second
wife...
Pls I NEED HELP
Should i wait for the usual pressure, or Just take action??
take action my man

87 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by slam7000(m): 8:57am On Dec 17, 2020
These lawlessness and arson need to be checked. It might snowball into something more sinister.
Police should be called to order but mob attacks at police stations won’t solve the problem.

Oko police station was 100% community effort. No assistance from the federal, state or local government.
Land was donated by the community and building financed 100% by the community. This was at the height of kidnapping that was ravaging Anambra state and Aguata/Orumba local governments at the time.

Why burn it down? Why not sack the police from there? The building could be utilised for something else.

This madness must stop.

51 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by capitalzero: 9:06am On Dec 17, 2020
slam7000:
These lawlessness and arson need to be checked. It might snowball into something more sinister.
Police should be called to order but mob attacks at police stations won’t solve the problem.

Oko police station was 100% community effort. No assistance from the federal, state or local government.
Land was donated by the community and building financed 100% by the community. This was at the height of kidnapping that was ravaging Anambra state and Aguata/Orumba local governments at the time.

Why burn it down? Why not sack the police from there? The building could be utilised for something else.

This madness must stop.

What do you think will solve the problem?

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by AmazingELixir: 10:01am On Dec 17, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by slawormiir: 10:01am On Dec 17, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
How many times this story dey make front page...
Abi na the weed when I smoke dey do me

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by SharpQuality70: 10:02am On Dec 17, 2020
J

1 Like

Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by lekki1444: 10:02am On Dec 17, 2020
shocked
Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by Hndrrxxx(m): 10:02am On Dec 17, 2020
Vv
Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 17, 2020
Hmm
Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 17, 2020
Anambra Youths had better learn from Edo Youths and stop the madness undecided

1 Like

Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by thatsleepboy1: 10:04am On Dec 17, 2020
It is high time we go the “an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth” way cos these men kill without the law yet, the law accommodate and spare them while the family members of the dead wail in tears and pain.
So they should be dealt with outside the confines of the law and the law shouldn't accommodate them at all.

I salute the courageous men and more should be done biko. They can't be killing we the igbo youths thinking were fools.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by Dpharisee: 10:04am On Dec 17, 2020
It's December again, many Police men have not realised that people in the SE are tired of extortion that has gone on for decades. They will be waiting for returnees to extort, it will no longer be business as usual, they can relocate to Katsina to rescue the stolen boys

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by NaijaOlosho(f): 10:04am On Dec 17, 2020
sad
Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 10:05am On Dec 17, 2020
It has started again... police never listen, when we start again now they will say we're wicked.
Just getting ready for #EndPoliceBrutality_Wave 2.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 17, 2020
Nokio1:
Message from a friend. Please he need help.
Advise him.
Last January our neighbour bought a car, my wife woke me
from sleep nightly saying 'Is he not a man like you? Or is he
from another planet? You have to do just as he has done?
You too must buy a car'. I was forced to buy a Car.
After three months, the neighbour bought a piece of land,
and she disturbed me until I also bought one.
Two months ago, the neighbour started his building on his
land. As usual, she did not leave me in peace until I also
had to do same.
Now, this afternoon, our neighbour brought in a second
wife...
Pls I NEED HELP
Should i wait for the usual pressure, or Just take action??
lol my niqqa take action..

I get fine gal for ugrin

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by dyera(m): 10:05am On Dec 17, 2020
Setting police station ablaze is height of foolishness. When kidnappers and armed robbers start having a field day, you will start crying to the government. If the people of those community are not foolish, they shouldn't allow the okada riders to get away with burning three police stations because of the action of a single policeman.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by Jammy2012(m): 10:05am On Dec 17, 2020
grin using "accidental discharge" is infuriating. Trigger happy, callous police personnels need to be dealt with jungle justice by tremendous spanking. Ewo ni weyrey gan undecided . Once they start getting killed accidentally. I think we will all review how accidental we want wickedness to be. When those that are meant to protect us are endangering our lives, we shall man up and give equal reactions to their devilish actions.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by Exc2000: 10:05am On Dec 17, 2020
Regular Police shouldn't carry assualt rifles

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by Firstorderwizard(m): 10:06am On Dec 17, 2020
Ok
Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by revived: 10:07am On Dec 17, 2020
Why this grin
Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by EyezofGod120: 10:07am On Dec 17, 2020
grin he don be for them,,Ogun kill all piece officer, if you b police or your papa be police he no go better for you,,if you quote wrong on this talk u no go see xmas

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by ATEAMS: 10:08am On Dec 17, 2020
Dammm
Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by Coronavirus84: 10:08am On Dec 17, 2020
Nigeria police men are the dumbest set of officers on earth.

6 Likes

Re: Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed by Rugaria: 10:09am On Dec 17, 2020
No time to check time... you do anyhow, you go collect anyhow.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Picks 15 Special Advisers, Writes Senate / Military Recovers Video Recordings Of Boko Haram Before Being Uploaded To Youtub / Enugu Traditional Rulers Collect Grazing Money From Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.