Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

Crypto Currency Investors Thread - Investment (1910) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Crypto Currency Investors Thread (3258143 Views)

The Metaverse Investors Thread / NFT Investors Thread / Sh!t Coin Investors Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1907) (1908) (1909) (1910) (1911) (1912) (1913) ... (3627) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Mommytas(f): 10:17am On Dec 18, 2021
Morning guys keep coming ignore haters.

https://referral.socialgood.inc/?id=MN6BEC
Invitation code MN6BEC

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by ThisisIkemefuna(m): 10:24am On Dec 18, 2021
seanwilliam:

Actually bro , u see this scam of a thing ehn, you won’t understand until u fall victim , although 2000$ is a lot of money , but when it’s your time to chop the breakfast, u will fall and come back to your senses.
Let me quickly give u instance.
I do trade btc with a particular company, one day a guy in that company copied my id, and texted me directly , he pasted me link to verify his source, I clicked and I confirmed it.

Yet , I was still skeptical to trade with him, the guy was in my dm for good two weeks telling me to trade directly with him that I don’t need going thru stress of contacting the company , that day I had like 1500$ btc to trade and I had other funds to trade but still as per street wey I Dey I still Dey fear , I just said I’ll try you with 50$ and if you scam me it’s your lose ( the guy was not smart, he scammed me , didn’t pay and was requesting for more, ) of which If he had paid me for the 50, I’ll increase it to 100 , 200 then 1000$.. I called this guy tired, I couldn’t tell anyone omo cos it would speak so low of me, I just counted the loss and I was happy I didn’t send him the 1500$( he would have actually scammed me the whole money but he was not patience and smart enough. Possibly a baby and hungry scammer)
Contacted the company they said they don’t trade outside their platform.
Mind you I know some people will say why would I trade with a stranger on whatsapp, well I trade with people from Kenya, China, Cambodia and Ghana and millions of deal are done on WhatsApp with no ish..

Can I fall for such scam again ? NO.

Can I fall for other type of scam, possibly yes. Even on what you know, there’s 50% chance that you can be scammed.. one of the ardent followers of this thread was scammed almost 400k last month , the guy na guru, yet he still fall.

Well I agree with you that anyone can be scammed. As human we can't do without trusting somebody. Even my money inside DEX and CEX na because of trust. However there are some scams that can be avoided. Remember I said some. Infact most scams can be avoided if we simply were patient and done things appropriately. People mostly get scammed because they want cheaper things or they want to pass through short cut. You see, in your case the scammer capitalized on your impatience and lack of due process. They always have something to capitalize on that's why the longer you wait, the lesser their charm will work on you.

Luckily for me I have never experienced scams. A close friend of mine has been scammed before and he lost #3.2m to a group of scammers. They worked on his mind to the extent that he believed that they were going to send his goods down to his state with no cost. His mistake was not slowing them down to ask questions. They mounted so much pressure on him. Gave him the impression that he was being helped. Made him feel FOMO. It was out of pressure and fear of missing a big opportunity that he sent money just a few minutes before he received a call from the real industrial company that exportation has been temporarily shut down and people telling him otherwise should be ignored. He fainted. That was his life savings coupled with his business capital.

It is unfortunate that there's no real way to completely overcome being scammed over the internet but one can avoid it by being patient when doing deals, following due process and asking questions (due diligence).
I also believe that escrow is another major solution to scams. But it must be a verified escrow company with reputation too.

13 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by monsterg(m): 10:25am On Dec 18, 2021
Mommytas:
Morning guys keep coming ignore haters.

https://referral.socialgood.inc/?id=MN6BEC
Invitation code MN6BEC
Please 4get about this unless you have someone that's willing to part with his/her $30 shop with the app, then you've ur bonus approved. if not you might wait for too long to get it.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by 9japple(m): 10:38am On Dec 18, 2021
CELR REVIEW AS PROMISED (apologies for the delay, you can't imagine my schedule)
TOKENOMIA
The Celer Network (CELR) is a smartly designed layer-2 scaling solution that provides off-chain transactions handling. The Celer platform offers fast, simple, and secure off-chain transactions for both payments and smart contracts. The project was among the first to be developed using the Substrate framework and is part of the Polkadot ecosystem. Celer is a networked system and not a separate blockchain. The platform instead runs on top of existing and future blockchains. The developers focused on scalability in order to improve the throughput of crypto blockchains. The founders are confident that in-house solutions will not bring results to future decentralized blockchains (globally). Instead, they propose to solve the problem with their off-chain platform. More details about its use case can be gleaned online.
Celer Network was founded in 2018 by a strong team of engineers with incredibly technical and specialized experience. All four co-founders of Celer namely Dr(s). Mo Dong, Qingkai Liang, Xiaozhou Li and Junda Liu hold PhDs in Computer Science from universities like MIT and UC Berkely, and all have a work history with high-profile tech companies.
Current price = $0.0728
Market capitalization = $ 443, 328, 272
Circulating supply = $6,000,000,000
Total Supply = 10,000,000,000
Please let us remember equation hash,
Price = capitalization/circulating supply……………….(eqn #)
Circulating supply is more or less a constant (most times). So the only tangible flux or change for the equation above is change in capitalization. Supply only changes when halving is done, or more tokens are minted up to the maximum supply. Thus the smaller the supply of a token is, the more the price will react to changes in capitalization. Hence the despair in shitcoins which have trillions upon trillions of supply. It would take much more capitalization to get significant price pumps when compared to tokens with limited supply e.g bitcoin of just 18million.
So for price to increase, especially for a non-deflationary token and one where burning has not occurred, we need an increase in market capitalization. As a benchmark, I like to use the current capitalization of token number 10 on the top ten list. Current number 10 is Polkadot with 24.7 billion.
So if supply stays the same and capitalization grows to 24.7b from its current 443M or 0.4b, that will represent an increase of 24.7/0.4 …… 61 times price increase. That is, price will be 24700000000/6000000000 = $4.11.
Worst case scenario would be 24700000000/10000000000 = $2.47
All this means that CELR still has some potential, think of it this way, if capitalization hits 1b, price will more than double!
T.A REVIEW
On 29th October I did a blindfolded T.A on Celr (scroll up to my past posts) while it was in a bullish flag which did not breakout. I warned that the bull flag may be long term in forming (bull flags break out only 60% of the time so perhaps this was one of the unfavourable 40% failure stat) But there is nothing to worry about because the sacred Fibonacci levels have been well respected, no matter what BTC and FUD and fundamental propaganda have been doing!!!
Cases like these are what makes me stubbornly stick to my claim that no matter what BTC and whales are doing, the Technical Analyst will always find entry and exit points (note this assertion does not apply to shitcoins, our detractors only have shitcoin examples to show when preaching that btc will cough and your token disappears.) If you do your research well and due diligence and trade “viable projects”, you can never be rug-pulled without your consent, lol. Why will you even put both feet in a river where one wallet has 30 or 50 or sometimes 70% of liquidity? Unless you are scalping, and for such cases technical analysis fails, we don’t apply it for such.

So price has discounted to the 78.6 Fib level and it’s sufficiently discounted for a possible entry. So one may enter and trade between the Fib levels. BTC dumps will affect it, but the fib levels will give smart traders soft landing pads for exit or entry.
Also, price has reached at least one of the dotted green lines I gave back then and more interestingly, there is an OB which is currently holding strong after 2 successive tests which it passed in flying colours. Caution though: a third test may result in it being violated. So price has bounced on that 0.06 level and it coincides with a former resistance-turned support, so if you are thinking what I am thinking, you are free to live your life. ( By the way I am not buying anything around this period, so this analysis is just to assist anyone with itchy, impatient fingers)
Finally, if price regains the bull flag, it may yet breakout towards TP, analysis is medium/long term.

Next token review loading.
Feel free to drop your reactions, I will take note and correct. If it is an inobjective comment, I may choose to ignore.

8 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Mommytas(f): 10:38am On Dec 18, 2021
Yes i know trying to place order now so that I can get approved and get my money back with bonuses

monsterg:
Please 4get about this unless you have something that's willing to part with his/her $30 shop with the app, then you've ur bonus approved. if not you might wait for too long to get it.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by seanwilliam(m): 10:43am On Dec 18, 2021
ThisisIkemefuna:

Well I agree with you that anyone can be scammed. As human we can't do without trusting somebody. Even my money inside DEX and CEX na because of trust. However there are some scams that can be avoided. Remember I said some. Infact most scams can be avoided if we simply were patient and done things appropriately. People mostly get scammed because they want cheaper things or they want to pass through short cut. You see, in your case the scammer capitalized on your impatience and lack of due process. They always have something to capitalize on that's why the longer you wait, the lesser their charm will work on you.

Luckily for me I have never experienced scams. A close friend of mine has been scammed before and he lost #3.2m to a group of scammers. They worked on his mind to the extent that he believed that they were going to send his goods down to his state with no cost. His mistake was not slowing them down to ask questions. They mounted so much pressure on him. Gave him the impression that he was being helped. Made him feel FOMO. It was out of pressure and fear of missing a big opportunity that he sent money just a few minutes before he received a call from the real industrial company that exportation has been temporarily shut down and people telling him otherwise should be ignored. He fainted. That was his life savings coupled with his business capital.

It is unfortunate that there's no real way to completely overcome being scammed over the internet but one can avoid it by being patient when doing deals, following due process and asking questions (due diligence).
I also believe that escrow is another major solution to scams. But it must be a verified escrow company with reputation too.

I agree that in my case it was impatient, not really impatient self, cos he took him two weeks to convince me , he didn’t give up until I ended up trusting him , he was stupid for not being patient enough to hit the jackpot( the whole money even more cos I’ll kuku turn him to my plug ) , a smart scammer will make sure my two balls are in his hands before crushing it totally cheesy.

What I’m trying to say is that , there will always be loopholes that the con artist will capitalize on..
Asking questions and following due process will make you less susceptible to being scammed but will never guarantee you 100%
I love your choice of words, “luckily”

Cheers

7 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Edipet(m): 11:44am On Dec 18, 2021
Mommytas:
Come earn with me stop waiting for the giveaway

https://metakings.ai/buy?r=WmED9bSuuA
how would I sale it??
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by LandMann: 12:11pm On Dec 18, 2021
Parachains are Live! Polkadot Launch is Now Complete. Don't miss the DOT train. Don't FOMO. DYOR

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by dubejames(m): 12:43pm On Dec 18, 2021
monsterg:
HELLO GUYS STOP WHATEVER YOU ARE DOING, AND RUSH IT. YEA!

I WANT YOU TO DOWNLOAD THIS APP AND WE WILL BE CHATTING ON IT

WE BOTH EARN PPM TOKEN BY USING IT TO CHAT

THE PPM TOKEM WILL WORTH $1 PER UNIT BEFORE FEBRUARY.

THIS IS ONE OF THE RARE OPPORTUNITY IN THE CRYPTO SPACE.

DOWLOAD IT NOW AND LET'S CONNECT AND MAKE THOUSAND DOLLARS ON IT.

http://punkpanda.io/download

USE MY INVITATION CODE �

THEN JOIN THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE TO SIGN UP WITH THE LINK BELOW

https://www.punkpandafarm.com/punk_register/register?sxGi3Lyp=PP46149

MY RESEARCH ON THIS IS BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT.

ONLY those ready for exploit via Crypto follow this update... AMA(Ask Me Anything) I am ready to answer. Ignore and missout
Registered but the app is blank. I can't see my contacts or do anything.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Icecream4U(m): 12:55pm On Dec 18, 2021
kart042000:

lol not like that. This is his whatsapp numbers:

He claims to be Joe Pary's on youtube

Anyone can claim to be anything on the internet. ID can be edited, photoshoped correctly with any info changed and you won't notice.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Mommytas(f): 12:56pm On Dec 18, 2021
You have to wait until they finished ido

Edipet:
how would I sale it??
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by MrCodeSolo: 1:01pm On Dec 18, 2021
FlashDboy:

Please what is FUDs?
Thanks.
FUD is an acronym or slang term that stands for “Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt”. Within the cryptocurrency industry, FUD can be used to influence, manipulate and modify the perception of market sentiment in a negative way among investors and traders.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Icecream4U(m): 1:18pm On Dec 18, 2021
ThisisIkemefuna:

I also believe that escrow is another major solution to scams[/b]. [b]But it must be a verified escrow company with reputation too.
Yes, because these days even telegram groups claim to have escrow and they do scam many.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by MrCodeSolo: 1:31pm On Dec 18, 2021
5 Reasons Cryptocurrencies Can Crash in 2022
The hottest investment is at risk of a bubble-bursting event next year.
As Written By Sean Williams.
(TMFUltraLong)
Dec 16, 2021 at 5:06AM
Author Bio
Key Points

The aggregate value of all digital currencies has risen 176% in 2021.
Despite these gains, the crypto market is at serious risk of a major pullback or crash in the upcoming year.

Motley Fool Issues Rare “All In” Buy Alert

When the curtain closes on 2021, it'll go down as another solid year for the stock market. Through Dec. 13, the benchmark S&P 500 had more than doubled (+24%) its average annual total return of 11% over the previous four decades.

But for cryptocurrencies, things haven't been good -- they've been outstanding. Since the year began, the aggregate value of digital currencies has increased by 176% to $2.14 trillion. Investors have been driven by the excitement surrounding decentralized applications and decentralized finance (DeFi), the rise of non-fungible tokens (NFTs), and the mammoth potential for blockchain-based gaming in the metaverse. And let's face it, cryptocurrencies are also chasing life-altering gains, such as the more than 45,000,000% year-to-date increase in meme-coin Shiba Inu (CRYPTO:SHIB).

However, the upcoming year may not treat digital currencies as kindly. What follows are five reasons cryptocurrencies, as a whole, could crash in 2022.
A visibly worried person looking at a rapidly rising then plummeting crypto chart on a tablet.

1. History suggests reversions are commonplace

To begin with, history suggests that the crypto market is in trouble. Even though big upswings have occurred frequently over the past decade, reversions following these upswings are commonplace, too.

Since the March 2020 bottom, the total value of all digital currencies has jumped more than 14-fold to $2.14 trillion. This is somewhat similar to the 35-fold increase in total market value over roughly 10 months between March 2017 and January 2018. However, following the January 2018 spike, the aggregate value of all cryptocurrencies would go on to decline by just shy of 90% over the subsequent 11 months.

We've witnessed similar reversions in individual cryptos that delivered life-altering gains, as well. Popular tokens like Nano, XRP, and Litecoin produced peak short-term gains ranging from 24,000% to nearly 462,000%. All went on to lose 93% to 99% of their value in a 12-month to 26-month stretch.

The point is this: [/b]Trading euphoria always retraces in a big way in the cryptocurrency space[/b]

2. Blockchain euphoria outpaces its use case

People have every right to be excited about the future potential for blockchain technology. DeFi offers the possibility of making almost instantaneous cross-border payments at low cost and can democratize the process to ensure even emerging-market residents can take part. There are also smart contract-based blockchains that can revolutionize supply chains.

But if there's one constant with every single next-big-thing technology, it's that investors always -- and I mean always -- overestimate how quickly a new technology or service will be adopted. We've watched it happen with the advent of the internet, business-to-business commerce, genomics, 3D printing, and now, blockchain technology.

While blockchain is exciting, it's simply not widely adopted yet, nor anywhere close to broad-based adoption. Businesses are unlikely to jump at the chance to support large-scale projects until there's evidence of its real-world effectiveness. Yet we won't get this evidence until businesses welcome blockchain with open arms. It's quite the conundrum/Catch-22 that could stall this monster rally.

3. An inability to decouple from the stock market

Another reason cryptocurrencies might crash in 2022 is their inability to decouple from the stock market.

In many ways, digital currencies are viewed as independent assets and a hedge to the broader market. For example, Bitcoin (CRYPTO:BTC) offers the perception of a limited token supply that's capped at 21 million. With the U.S. money supply soaring, investors view Bitcoin as something of a safe-haven investment that'll help store and grow their wealth -- better than the ever-diluted U.S. dollar, at least.

The problem is that cryptocurrencies haven't held up well when the stock market undergoes crashes or corrections. During the fourth quarter of 2018, the S&P 500 approached bear market territory (a decline of 20%). Meanwhile, the aggregate value of cryptocurrencies plunged from around $222 billion to roughly $130 billion over the same stretch (a 41% drop). The crypto market was also pummeled during the five-week coronavirus crash in February and March 2020.

I offer this warning because there are a growing number of clues to suggest the stock market will crash or undergo a double-digit percentage correction in 2022.

4. Margin debt wreaks havoc

Look no further than margin debt for a fourth reason cryptocurrencies could plunge in the upcoming year.

Margin describes the amount of money investors are borrowing with interest to purchase or short-sell securities. In some instances, investors using margin to lever their trades can supercharge their returns. But if the securities being purchased on margin don't move in the expected direction over the short term, the brokerages offering those loans could come calling. They'll either want investors to put up extra capital as collateral or could require/force the sale of assets. This is known as a margin call.

Because the crypto-exchange space is so fragmented, it's not exactly clear how much margin debt is outstanding. But make no mistake about it -- offers to deploy leverage aren't difficult to find.

Earlier this year, it was possible for certain investors to utilize 100 times leverage on their cash position when trading Bitcoin. At such immense leverage, even a 1% or 2% move in Bitcoin (which happens often in the blink of an eye) could lead to a margin call and forced liquidation.

If the music suddenly stops in the cryptocurrency market, margin calls could be right around the corner.

5. Meme coins lose their magic

Last but not least, don't be surprised if the popular "fear of missing out" (FOMO) moves suck the life out of the cryptocurrency market in 2022.

This year, pretty much any coin named after the Japanese Shiba Inu dog breed has been on fire. The aforementioned Shiba Inu has gained more than 45,000,000%, while Dogecoin and Floki Inu are higher by 3,119% and 2,763%, respectively, through Dec. 13.

But these meme coins all share one key trait: They lack anything resembling a competitive advantage.

Shiba Inu may be one of the most-searched digital currencies this year, but social-media hype doesn't translate to real-world appeal or long-term potential. The fact of the matter is that Shiba Inu is an ERC-20 token built on the Ethereum blockchain that's subject to the same high fees and processing lag that often impacts Ethereum's network. Nothing about Shiba Inu (or Dogecoin and Floki Inu, for that matter) suggests it'll be the payment coin of choice by businesses in an increasingly crowded field of blockchain projects.

If the FOMO that's driven investors into meme coins subsides, we could watch crypto euphoria quickly evaporate, as well.
Remember these are just detailed speculations buh trade with caution bcuz an indecisive market could either lead to a consolidation breakout or an somewhat endless bearish loop of bleeding bla bla bla, everything is alrdy set in motion and what the bear traders need come early 2022 is just a myriad of major and minor Fuds to make them frolic under the heavy bear weather....

6 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by 9japple(m): 1:44pm On Dec 18, 2021
MrCodeSolo:
5 Reasons Cryptocurrencies Can Crash in 2022
The hottest investment is at risk of a bubble-bursting event next year.
As Written By Sean Williams.
(TMFUltraLong)
Dec 16, 2021 at 5:06AM
Author Bio
Key Points

The aggregate value of all digital currencies has risen 176% in 2021.
Despite these gains, the crypto market is at serious risk of a major pullback or crash in the upcoming year.

Motley Fool Issues Rare “All In” Buy Alert

When the curtain closes on 2021, it'll go down as another solid year for the stock market. Through Dec. 13, the benchmark S&P 500 had more than doubled (+24%) its average annual total return of 11% over the previous four decades.

But for cryptocurrencies, things haven't been good -- they've been outstanding. Since the year began, the aggregate value of digital currencies has increased by 176% to $2.14 trillion. Investors have been driven by the excitement surrounding decentralized applications and decentralized finance (DeFi), the rise of non-fungible tokens (NFTs), and the mammoth potential for blockchain-based gaming in the metaverse. And let's face it, cryptocurrencies are also chasing life-altering gains, such as the more than 45,000,000% year-to-date increase in meme-coin Shiba Inu (CRYPTO:SHIB).

However, the upcoming year may not treat digital currencies as kindly. What follows are five reasons cryptocurrencies, as a whole, could crash in 2022.
A visibly worried person looking at a rapidly rising then plummeting crypto chart on a tablet.

1. History suggests reversions are commonplace

To begin with, history suggests that the crypto market is in trouble. Even though big upswings have occurred frequently over the past decade, reversions following these upswings are commonplace, too.

Since the March 2020 bottom, the total value of all digital currencies has jumped more than 14-fold to $2.14 trillion. This is somewhat similar to the 35-fold increase in total market value over roughly 10 months between March 2017 and January 2018. However, following the January 2018 spike, the aggregate value of all cryptocurrencies would go on to decline by just shy of 90% over the subsequent 11 months.

We've witnessed similar reversions in individual cryptos that delivered life-altering gains, as well. Popular tokens like Nano, XRP, and Litecoin produced peak short-term gains ranging from 24,000% to nearly 462,000%. All went on to lose 93% to 99% of their value in a 12-month to 26-month stretch.

The point is this: [/b]Trading euphoria always retraces in a big way in the cryptocurrency space[/b]

2. Blockchain euphoria outpaces its use case

People have every right to be excited about the future potential for blockchain technology. DeFi offers the possibility of making almost instantaneous cross-border payments at low cost and can democratize the process to ensure even emerging-market residents can take part. There are also smart contract-based blockchains that can revolutionize supply chains.

But if there's one constant with every single next-big-thing technology, it's that investors always -- and I mean always -- overestimate how quickly a new technology or service will be adopted. We've watched it happen with the advent of the internet, business-to-business commerce, genomics, 3D printing, and now, blockchain technology.

While blockchain is exciting, it's simply not widely adopted yet, nor anywhere close to broad-based adoption. Businesses are unlikely to jump at the chance to support large-scale projects until there's evidence of its real-world effectiveness. Yet we won't get this evidence until businesses welcome blockchain with open arms. It's quite the conundrum/Catch-22 that could stall this monster rally.

3. An inability to decouple from the stock market

Another reason cryptocurrencies might crash in 2022 is their inability to decouple from the stock market.

In many ways, digital currencies are viewed as independent assets and a hedge to the broader market. For example, Bitcoin (CRYPTO:BTC) offers the perception of a limited token supply that's capped at 21 million. With the U.S. money supply soaring, investors view Bitcoin as something of a safe-haven investment that'll help store and grow their wealth -- better than the ever-diluted U.S. dollar, at least.

The problem is that cryptocurrencies haven't held up well when the stock market undergoes crashes or corrections. During the fourth quarter of 2018, the S&P 500 approached bear market territory (a decline of 20%). Meanwhile, the aggregate value of cryptocurrencies plunged from around $222 billion to roughly $130 billion over the same stretch (a 41% drop). The crypto market was also pummeled during the five-week coronavirus crash in February and March 2020.

I offer this warning because there are a growing number of clues to suggest the stock market will crash or undergo a double-digit percentage correction in 2022.

4. Margin debt wreaks havoc

Look no further than margin debt for a fourth reason cryptocurrencies could plunge in the upcoming year.

Margin describes the amount of money investors are borrowing with interest to purchase or short-sell securities. In some instances, investors using margin to lever their trades can supercharge their returns. But if the securities being purchased on margin don't move in the expected direction over the short term, the brokerages offering those loans could come calling. They'll either want investors to put up extra capital as collateral or could require/force the sale of assets. This is known as a margin call.

Because the crypto-exchange space is so fragmented, it's not exactly clear how much margin debt is outstanding. But make no mistake about it -- offers to deploy leverage aren't difficult to find.

Earlier this year, it was possible for certain investors to utilize 100 times leverage on their cash position when trading Bitcoin. At such immense leverage, even a 1% or 2% move in Bitcoin (which happens often in the blink of an eye) could lead to a margin call and forced liquidation.

If the music suddenly stops in the cryptocurrency market, margin calls could be right around the corner.

5. Meme coins lose their magic

Last but not least, don't be surprised if the popular "fear of missing out" (FOMO) moves suck the life out of the cryptocurrency market in 2022.

This year, pretty much any coin named after the Japanese Shiba Inu dog breed has been on fire. The aforementioned Shiba Inu has gained more than 45,000,000%, while Dogecoin and Floki Inu are higher by 3,119% and 2,763%, respectively, through Dec. 13.

But these meme coins all share one key trait: They lack anything resembling a competitive advantage.

Shiba Inu may be one of the most-searched digital currencies this year, but social-media hype doesn't translate to real-world appeal or long-term potential. The fact of the matter is that Shiba Inu is an ERC-20 token built on the Ethereum blockchain that's subject to the same high fees and processing lag that often impacts Ethereum's network. Nothing about Shiba Inu (or Dogecoin and Floki Inu, for that matter) suggests it'll be the payment coin of choice by businesses in an increasingly crowded field of blockchain projects.

If the FOMO that's driven investors into meme coins subsides, we could watch crypto euphoria quickly evaporate, as well.
Remember these are just detailed speculations buh trade with caution bcuz an indecisive market could either lead to a consolidation breakout or an somewhat endless bearish loop of bleeding bla bla bla, everything is alrdy set in motion and what the bear traders need come early 2022 is just a myriad of major and minor Fuds to make them frolic under the heavy bear weather....
Thanks for this indepth write-up.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by monsterg(m): 1:47pm On Dec 18, 2021
dubejames:

Registered but the app is blank. I can't see my contacts or do anything.
Only the contacts using the app will come up. Endeavor to invite ur friends and Fams and ensure u make use of the app everyday to earn more
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Adabite(m): 2:05pm On Dec 18, 2021
Ronex Airdrop USD And RX Coin - Receive $20 And 80 RX Coins Free ~ $68 Top Best Cryptocurrency Airdrop For Earning Money Free Learn More Bitcoin Margin Trading Ronex Airdrop USD And RX Coin - Tutorial As Below Step 1: Register Ronex Account - Register Ronex account: - Click on 'Sign Up' at right top corner of page

https://ronex.io/?ref=Adabite
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by DaemoLee: 2:36pm On Dec 18, 2021
All I know is 2022 would be a big decisive/challenging year for crypto traders and investors.
However, after the rain comes sunshine.

If U are deploying new money now and next year, have it solidly in ur mind U are investing for long term cos it would eventually worth d wait.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ibime(m): 3:20pm On Dec 18, 2021
Coins I'm watching and will DCA on a dip to $42k

AVAX
CRV
EGLD
ENS

Most of my Capital would still be locked away in BUSD for a further capitulation

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Natasha2(f): 3:21pm On Dec 18, 2021
Good afternoon House, please I need your help

Someone transferred about $100 To me from blockchain to my KuCoin wallet, since yesterday the transaction has confirmed but it’s yet to reflect on my wallet, I contacted their support team but they kept telling me it is yet to confirm mean while the TID clearly shows COMPLETED when you search

Please has anyone experienced this? it’s close to 24 hours now since the coin confirmed but It’s not in my wallet.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by SUPERPACK: 4:03pm On Dec 18, 2021
Next cycle grin

8 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by EmmanuelScott1(m): 4:08pm On Dec 18, 2021
Ibime:

AVAX
CRV
EGLD
ENS

Most of my Capital would still be locked away in BUSD for a further capitulation

Lol, one of us ($42k) grin
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by SirAce: 4:24pm On Dec 18, 2021
Please I need suggestions on solid metaverse coins I can invest $500 with good profits within 3mnths...
cc ibime openheaven2019 and other gurus in the house
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by SUPERPACK: 4:25pm On Dec 18, 2021
Ibime:

AVAX
CRV
EGLD
ENS

No more dips, btc is going staraight to $100k from here.

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by DieRich5: 4:45pm On Dec 18, 2021
Ku ex don list UFO undecided
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Natasha2(f): 5:21pm On Dec 18, 2021
Natasha2:
Good afternoon House, please I need your help

Someone transferred about $100 To me from blockchain to my KuCoin wallet, since yesterday the transaction has confirmed but it’s yet to reflect on my wallet, I contacted their support team but they kept telling me it is yet to confirm mean while the TID clearly shows COMPLETED when you search

Please has anyone experienced this? it’s close to 24 hours now since the coin confirmed but It’s not in my wallet.

please someone kindly let me know if you have experienced this. DieRich5 , htdot, happiness. Please let me know if you have experienced this on KuCoin
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by LawrenceAO: 5:33pm On Dec 18, 2021
LawrenceAO:

Hi. I apologize for just responding. I have been very busy this week.

In crypto farming, crypto/tokens are invested to earn returns on the invested tokens. It works differently on different platforms. Some platforms require you to lock-in your investment for a period of time. You will be earning returns on your investment during the lock-in period while your token appreciates or depreciates depending on the market dynamics. You get your token back after the lock-in period. In other platforms, you are not required to lock-in your investment. You basically invest your crypto, earn interest and withdraw from the investment any time you want. In both cases, you earn returns while you hold your tokens/crypto asset for appreciation.

In many cases, if your crypto value falls, the returns from farming may cover the loss in value and prevents you from loosing part of your capital which could have been lost if you were only holding your crypto in your wallet without using it for farming.

I tried to break it down as much as I could but it is difficult to explain everything about crypto farming in a single writeup like this. I will enjoin you to attend the session below today if you wish to know more about crypto farming.

And of course, if you have more questions you can ask me and I will be glad to tell you more.
This is going on now in case you are interested.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by TheZebra: 5:46pm On Dec 18, 2021
SirAce:
Please I need suggestions on solid metaverse coins I can invest $500 with good profits within 3mnths...
cc ibime openheaven2019 and other gurus in the house

Below are my suggestions for Crypto assets to hold in 2022.

metaverse coins
MANA
SAND
GALA

If you also need coins for short time target:

Exchange coins
CRO (Crypto. Com coin): Shey you've heard about staples centre? Where Grammy awards are held? This exchange bought it for over $100million and on the 25th of this month, they are changing the name to Crypto.com centre. It'll hit the news and ppl will buy. Also Grammy's award is next month, so imagine the publicity. Besides, the coin is tipped the next BNB. it's just $0.5 now and among the Top 20 Crypto currency in the world.

Others
OKEX

Then
AAVE
LUNA

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 18, 2021
ND-NFt Airdrop

Open ethereum, copy address

Follow here

https://ndnft.io/pages/ref/MS5w2

Click on airdrop and paste the ethereum address

Get 15 ND TOKENS worth $160

Airdrop ends in 6 days
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by carik(m): 7:08pm On Dec 18, 2021
May our pocket not run dry the way this thread has become dry

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Investorbj: 7:29pm On Dec 18, 2021
Cannicus, your reputation precedes you.
Cannicus:

If you long from below $45k with liquidation price below $28k, you will be in profit after a few hours or days.

If you short from above $47k with liquidation price above $60k, you will also be in profit after a few hours or days.

Just use the Binance Futures Calculator to program your position size and liquidation prices.

Input your entry price and capital, then calculate with different quantities till you get your preferred liquidation price.

The results will be the same regardless of leverage, meaning that someone with wrong position sizing using 2x leverage can get liquidated while someone with proper position sizing using 125x leverage won't get liquidated.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1907) (1908) (1909) (1910) (1911) (1912) (1913) ... (3627) (Reply)

Treasury Bills In Nigeria / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: BeastOfNoTribe, OgogoroFreak(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.