Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,567 members, 7,770,482 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:05 AM

Crypto Currency Investors Thread - Investment (273) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Crypto Currency Investors Thread (3154686 Views)

The Metaverse Investors Thread / NFT Investors Thread / Sh!t Coin Investors Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (3581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by yazga: 11:03am On Feb 22, 2021
The best time to buy is when its dip.
clems88:
What is going on gaan undecided Monday morning everything red angry non of my coi.ns are even smiling . who I offend cry
if you reading this buy ASAP

Disclaimer: Nothing said by the me should be contrued as financial advice, do your own DD/research.

5 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by GoodBoi1(m): 11:18am On Feb 22, 2021
Neverlosemoney:

At the bolded, is it me or I kind of feel a sympathy when you typed this shocked
Why do we pick on daytraders? Are they not making greens grin
Today's red is not a surprise, the signs were everywhere some say bitcoin might drop to 40k, like many I pulled out in profit since yesterday. Once the the dip has settled I will buy even more coins than I had before and make more profits or even hodl. A hodler that did not take profits will likely still be in loss till he decides to sell when the value of coins rise again in profit. If everyone is just hodling, market will not move much
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Sailor1: 11:29am On Feb 22, 2021
babanne:
What's happening oo?Monday morning should not be like this. My bag dey suffer. Red everywhere.
@Sailor1, I hope this is not the beginning of major bearish trend. Hope the bulls will soon return.

Give it a day or 2.... Like it or not, this move was needed for alyts to boom... If betece kept rising, alyts would keep suffering... It needs to confirm a bottom and range...
If you have extra cash, you might want to start sniping good alts (ones that held or started running this am b4 the dump) once betece hits 52k... You can average in till 48k (if we get it).. Once betece confirms a bottom structure and bounces, expect alyts to boom... Similar move happened at 42k...

If already in a spot position, selling now can be dicey... But most who sell abruptly may end up buying higher as bounces can be sudden

I will only consider the bearish case if we dip below 40-42k

5 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ibime(m): 11:31am On Feb 22, 2021
DenreleDave:

If u r expecting Bn b at 260, u go old for there... It's over 300 now grin

I've even dropped the buy order to $240 sef and still monitoring to go lower depending on Baba B.T.C behaviour
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by staga: 11:57am On Feb 22, 2021
akpos4uall:

Can the leverage be adjusted even after successfully executing an order? For example, on placing order, I used leverage of x7. On noticing that the market favoured my choice, can I readjust my leverage to x100 so as to increase my profit.

Typical Nigerian-style greed!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Nobody: 12:01pm On Feb 22, 2021
topsyspice:
Good day gurus in the house. I am a silent member on nairaland. I have been following this thread with keen interest and I have decided to make a bold move. I am really sorry this is a long post but for me it's really worth it.
I am married with kids and a civil servant but unfortunately, they are owing us 3 months making things difficult. Which is why I am taking this step.

So, I will like to know which coin I can hodl for long term like a yr/2. And another dt I can hodl and take profit maybe twice a week or on monthly basis. I don't hv much, just $130. But I believe in the saying a drop of water makes a mighty ocean, and a thousand miles journey begins with a step.
I already have binance account with d money in it.

Thanking you in advance.

cc Sailor1
OpenHeaven2019

BeeTC, ETH or ADA are your best bets.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Macgyver1: 12:13pm On Feb 22, 2021
Sailor1:

Give it a day or 2.... Like it or not, this move was needed for alyts to boom... If betece kept rising, alyts would keep suffering... It needs to confirm a bottom and range...
If you have extra cash, you might want to start sniping good alts (ones that held or started running this am b4 the dump) once betece hits 52k... You can average in till 48k (if we get it).. Once betece confirms a bottom structure and bounces, expect alyts to boom... Similar move happened at 42k...

If already in a spot position, selling now can be dicey... But most who sell abruptly may end up buying higher as bounces can be sudden

Like CZ, tweeted. Retrace is normal to help build support, balance the markets, let people take profit and shake off weak hands.

4 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Iykoto86(m): 12:18pm On Feb 22, 2021
Keep it coming bro. cool
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by klassd(m): 12:19pm On Feb 22, 2021
Consider the greens still holding on...

4 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by topsyspice(f): 12:25pm On Feb 22, 2021
Activist001:

Thank you so much for this. I really appreciate.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by mogreen22: 12:33pm On Feb 22, 2021
Activist001:

why are you people always skipping bnb. Seems most y’all don’t like this coin. It really has potentials Na

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by yazga: 12:52pm On Feb 22, 2021
Disclaimer: Nothing said by the me should be contrued as financial advice, do your own DD/research.
topsyspice:
Good day gurus in the house. I am a silent member on nairaland. I have been following this thread with keen interest and I have decided to make a bold move. I am really sorry this is a long post but for me it's really worth it.
I am married with kids and a civil servant but unfortunately, they are owing us 3 months making things difficult. Which is why I am taking this step.

So, I will like to know which coin I can hodl for long term like a yr/2. And another dt I can hodl and take profit maybe twice a week or on monthly basis. I don't hv much, just $130. But I believe in the saying a drop of water makes a mighty ocean, and a thousand miles journey begins with a step.
I already have binance account with d money in it.

Thanking you in advance.

cc Sailor1
OpenHeaven2019

ADA, CAKE, CARDONA, BNB, ETHY, Polkadot DOT
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by johnfem321: 12:53pm On Feb 22, 2021
Hello Expert in the house, I'm looking to buy 5 different altcoin(1M) each and sell latest by July. Pls what 5 altcoin with a potential of 3X or more will you buy today?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by yazga: 12:56pm On Feb 22, 2021
Due Diligence Steps for Crypto Investments

According to leading cr.ypto.currenc.y price aggregator, Coin.Market.Cap, there are more than 1,600 digital currencies available as of this time. In reality, there are probably many more than that in existence, as not all of them will have made their way to the price monitoring site.

While many of these crypt.ocurre.ncies are attempting to innovate and seek out a niche in the crowded marketplace, others are simply fronts for developers looking to make quick money off gullible investors—still others are outright scams. How does an investor take advantage of the incredible opportunities within the digital currency space while at the same time protect herself against these bad bets? Following the due diligence checklist below is an important part of the process.

Survey the Model
If you've identified a potential cryp.tocu.rren.cy investment, one of the first steps you should take is to research the business model. Look to the company's white paper and see if it holds up under scrutiny.
Does the model allow for scalability? Is the timeline for development, launch and expansion reasonable?
Are there glaring holes or issues with the developers' plan?
Is the business model strong but one of many similar plans in a crowded market? Some cry.pt.ocurren,cies are copycat strategies that may not be able to set themselves apart.

How's the Team?
In exploring the offerings' white paper and website, look to the development team as well. It pays to take the time to research the members of the team. In some cases, digital token websites have listed "team members" who are not actually involved with the project, while in other cases companies have fabricated individuals completely. Are the team members and their positions on the project real? Beyond that, are they qualified to deliver what they claim to be able to do? You may even wish to do a Google image search for pictures of team members to see if those photos were taken from another site.

Beyond that, you'll want to try to assess whether the team is large enough to tackle the project at hand. Are there any areas that don't seem to be covered by team members? This could spell doom for a project later on.

Partnerships, ICOs and Profits
A hallmark of the digital currency community is partnerships between individuals and ventures. While these can be extremely helpful, they can also lend false credibility to a project that doesn't have the fundamental elements necessary for success. Look into any listed partners to see if the collaborations seem legitimate and if they are actually useful to the project.

Many tokens launch via an initial coin offering (ICO). Look over the plan for the ICO carefully.
Does it seem to extend for longer than necessary?
Does it promise profits?
Are there any glaring omissions when it comes to how the process works?

Finally, you may wish to look into the strength of the company's community within the cryptocurrency space. While it's important to approach this aspect of the research process with a bit of skepticism (as anonymous comments online are not the most reliable sources, for instance), this can be a useful way of determining if there is significant buzz about the project. Are individuals able to provide ideas and feedback? If not, that may be a red flag. Look for members of the team being involved in conversations with the larger community as a good sign.

While there is no guarantee that taking the steps above will protect you fully from a digital currency scam, it is likely to help weed out any potentially bad bets before you make them. -INVESTOPEDIA

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Pleasant01: 12:58pm On Feb 22, 2021
jamace:
YES, if it is BUY and HOLD for 6 months/1 year.
for three days? grin

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Peterpan222(m): 1:10pm On Feb 22, 2021
yazga:
0.01 ethy

This is insane. Eth isn't solving any problem with this ridiculous gas fee. Looks like I'm gonna go off any project that has to do with ERC-20

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by kings11ng(m): 1:11pm On Feb 22, 2021
R2bees:
I bought $600m worth of BeTeeC today. I hope to make profits in 7 days time.
Seriously?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by tolulope2021(m): 1:11pm On Feb 22, 2021
Sailor1:

@sailor,thanks.....so like what good alts can one buy during this dip?. I already have ADA,dot,BnB,eithy,....please I need more good alts...

Pls mention more
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by yazga: 1:12pm On Feb 22, 2021
This is one of the few cryptocurrencies that I give a full stop ‘no’ on, and have for some time. Before I continue, I should say that Ripple Labs and their blockchain have a good business, helping financial institutions to save costs using their network. That part, I am not disputing.

XRP is not competing with platforms like ETH or NEM, nor is it competing with privacy focused tokens like XMR or ZEC. Instead, they are a payment network for financial institutions. Their main competitors are projects like Hyperledger, R3 Corda and the Ethereum Enterprise Alliance. Ripple and these products all solve the same problems for the same group of companies.

Here’s the problem with grouping Ripple in this market: None of Ripple’s competitors have a native asset to their platform. They solve the problem that XRP solves without the need of a similar currency. That means if I’m evaluating Ripple vs Hyperledger Fabric, one of the things I have to take into consideration is the fact that I need XRP to run Ripple’s network whereas I do not need this for Hyperledger. In a way, it’s like adding an extra step that just is not necessary.

Now, you may say that Ripple can be used for other use cases and that their platform for is permissionless allowing for anyone to use it (vs the ‘permissioned’ competitors I showed above). And technically, you’re right, but the thing is that Ripple is primarily about winning the Financial Institutions market. All the organization’s efforts are going to make the product better for financial institutions to use, and even though you could use XRP in the same way you use BTC, everyone else is using cry.pt.ocurrencies like LTC, BTC and even ETH.

See Ripple has a cryptographic currency XRP which is a premined cryptocurrency unlike bi.tco.in (and others) which needs to be mined. The main thing that was supposed to boost XRP value was locking down of its 55 million co.ins in december , 2017 (which happened and boosted its value a lot). Ripple comapany is mainly working to make transactions of banks better. In simpler terms blockchain is a good technology and banks wants to use that technology. Some banks are creating their own blockchain system (in future i think all will). Now what ripple is doing is it has a RippleNet software (which is based on blockchain) which it is providing to banks . The main thing in that software is that it uses ILP protocols to do transactions which seems to be appreciated by banks
kolagbemi:

For the past 48hrs I read so much about XRP because I chose the coin for a very long time investment option. But I've read a lot that makes me have a rethink.

I've check for the worst scenario for XRP and to me it's not really scary, moreover settlement is the most likely way out..this will be good for small traders like us....in the sense that, the fines will be on the current XRP on escrow by which Ripple plan to keep controlling the price at a stable price. That will reduced the power Ripple has on price control...they still hold over 60b xrp in escrow.

My problem with X.R.P is the main objective of the coin....the token is designed to be used as international bank transfer.

My worry.... for this to work, there must be price stability. will this not keep xrp price from rising above a particular price.

Guru in the house please enlighten me....this same applies to XLM because they are bird's of same feather.
Now banks keep publishing the news that they are going to test ripple (which is actually ripplenet) and many people mistake it for XRP. XRP is a fast cryptocurrency but technically not reliable like bitcoin , etheruem etc (the concept of mining here is making them more reliable and harder to crack … but xrp community claims that they dont want XRP to be a storable asset like bitcoin …. they want it to be a converting medium from one currency to other … bcz of its fast speed). Now if i clear to you the point what XRP wants is … suppose i have to send money to a foreign friend … As a Nigerian … convert my Nairs currency to XRP and transfer XRP to that friend… he will then conver XRP to USD and thus he got his money. The problem is variable assets aren’t too good to transfer money and hard to be used in real life for transfers or conversions. The only good thing in ripple is its speed though i never feel cryptocurrencies should be too fast (the harder it takes to make bitcoin blocks the harder to break them). Ripplenet basically wants the transactions done by banks using swift protocols nowadays to go via ripplenet. Also Banks are testing Swift SmartContract and IBM Hyperledger which are competitors of Ripple (huge banks are testing them while small banks are testing ripplenet). And regarding speed we always had options like paypal or other transfer methods which were instant and more reliable. I never personally feel Ripple is a good choice as compared to ethereum but the news of banks testing its software will boost it again and again… only reason to invest in it. Ripple is mainly targeting Asian banks and in countries like India one news of SBI can give it huge rise. Many people are still confused with the fact that banks will use XRP which is not the case so far (they will go with ILP) and at last competition is huge… the problem is bcz nowadays cryptocurrency news are getting viral …people are not getting new of other blockchain systems getting tested by banks.

You should invest in it bcz public will invest in it surely as they get news of banks testing its software : IGNORANCE BREEDS SUPREMACY .
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by sixsgod: 1:21pm On Feb 22, 2021
ElectronicMoney:

No be man o, na woman be that!

Check page 262 of the thread on US stock pics

nawa o
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by sixsgod: 1:21pm On Feb 22, 2021
seunny4lif:
Same here
Lost 250$ before I could check it again.
Promise myself never to follow any Telegram stories angry angry angry angry
chai sorry man
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by lordnaruto: 1:21pm On Feb 22, 2021
BNB dey find oil o, it keeps digging and digging.
This crypto world no be for the faint hearted o

5 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by yazga: 1:24pm On Feb 22, 2021
Thats the way to go
Peterpan222:

This is insane. Eth isn't solving any problem with this ridiculous gas fee. Looks like I'm gonna go off any project that has to do with ERC-20
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by yazga: 1:24pm On Feb 22, 2021
lordnaruto:
BNB dey find oil o, it keeps digging and digging.
This crypto world no be for the faint hearted o
Rule 4 of cry.pto
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by yazga: 1:25pm On Feb 22, 2021
Rules To Win In Life
- If you want to be successful you should follow these steps, or these "rules" We all should follow this because I mean, who wouldn't want to be successful? Even though we might have different definitions of success, these could be applied to yours too.
- Have a vision for yourself, have clear what do you want to be,
- Don't compare yourself to others, compare yourself with your old you, and see what you have to improve.
- Also, you need to realize that in order to grow you need to get out of your comfort zone and that if you read books you can get ahead of the competition.
- Remember to always stay humble
-And never quit the game, the game called life.

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Cowbell521: 1:28pm On Feb 22, 2021
OpenHeaven2019:
If $ONT nor cause chaos I go post my nude for NL.

For those looking for signal with all the signal I have dropped - buy $SC at $0.013. You see wetin Doge do, $SC go run am!

Chaos Only!!!
no forget ooo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Kaymaxi2222(m): 1:30pm On Feb 22, 2021
Neverlosemoney:

How many monikers do you have? shocked
which kind moniker this one they talk about. Abeg shift go one side joor. I dey talk my opinion you dey talk sh!t undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Tyche(m): 1:31pm On Feb 22, 2021
lavylilly:
Money is just a tool. The outcomes you get from money depend on where you allocate it.

Shine your light on us bro
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by PuZZyNegro: 1:32pm On Feb 22, 2021
DenreleDave:

Go to spot, then find b. tc/U. SDT, click on it and it will show you buy, click buy and put the amount of us.dt u want use to buy the b.t.c... Click on buy..

Correct. Got it bro. Thank you
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Aboojaabir: 1:37pm On Feb 22, 2021
I've signed up already, I'm just trying to know how one can buy with all these CBN restrictions

DenreleDave:

Are u registered on bynance

If No, use my referral link and I will put you through.....

https://accounts.binance.cc/en/register?ref=39184979
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Sailor1: 1:37pm On Feb 22, 2021
elmas:

Then one should kukuma stick to beetece, or does it mean same capital invested on beetece and altys won't result to same range of profits accrued??

Never a bad decision sticking with betece...

I trade alyts at certain times to maximize gains

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Neverlosemoney: 1:38pm On Feb 22, 2021
Cowbell521:
no forget ooo
grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (3581) (Reply)

Treasury Bills In Nigeria / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Lh19(m), Owoblowblow, seanwilliam(m), BriteWay, Starboytwo(m), Afe11, Philistine(m), Paykay, Kobicove(m), seunmsg(m), felzylix(m), emperornoble, Coiner, BannedUser, Ummuaisha(f), ayomidan, Billionairly and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.