Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

Top 5 Designer Dog Breeds Of 2020 - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Top 5 Designer Dog Breeds Of 2020 (819 Views)

What Are The Breeds Of These Dogs? (Photos) / Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) / These Are The Cutest Dog Breeds According To Science (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Designer Dog Breeds Of 2020 by vitalscience: 11:19am On Dec 17, 2020
While I was researching the dog breeds, I found out that despite the pandemic, 2020 was one of the emerging years for the industry of pets, especially dogs. People were locked down in their homes so they preferred to get a new dog instead of spending their time in other activities.

In my study, I found out that designer dogs were in high demand throughout 2020. Although many pure breeds were also sold out like hot cakes such as the Labrador Retriever, Pug, Golden Retriever, and several others, the designer breeds or hybrid breeds crossed all the popularity barriers. Cavapoo, Bernedoodle, Labradoodle, and other Doodles were especially in high demand and breeders have already been booked for the next couple of years.

According to a survey by The Dogs Journal, the most popular designer dogs are as follows.

1: Cavapoo

Cavapoo is a cross between Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and Poodle. Also known as Cavoodle, it was the top choice among dog owners. According to a British journal, the prices of Cavapoo were almost doubled in 2020 because of its popularity and demand.

2: Bernedoodle

Bernedoodle is a Poodle Bernese Mountain Dog cross and is among the most popular dog breeds throughout the world. In fact, we can say that Bernedoodle is one of the top 3 most sold puppies in 2020. While talking to some Bernedoodle breeders, they admitted that they have taken advance for puppies and they are unable to take more orders for the next couple of years.

3: Pomsky

Pomsky is a Pomeranian Siberian Husky cross. Interestingly, this designer dog became popular even before its existence. It is a small-sized fluffy dog that inherits the cute looks of a Siberian Husky and the jolly personality of a Pomeranian.

4: Labradoodle

Labrador Retriever is the most popular dog in the world. Its friendly behavior and exceptional temperament make it an ideal family dog. When it comes to a Labrador cross, Labradoodle is the most popular product of crossbreeding. It is a cross between Poodle and Labrador; hence it inherits intelligence, loyalty, friendliness, and other positive traits from both breeds.

5: Goldendoodle

You must be wondering why most of the designer dogs are Doodles. Due to its intelligence, agility, and low-shedding coat, Poodle makes the best dog for crossbreeding. And when it is crossed with Golden Retriever, it produces an ideal family dog; Goldendoodle. Interestingly, Goldendoodle was first developed by Monica Dickens (the great-granddaughter of Charles Dickens). It is also known as Groodle.

Bottom line:

So, these were the top 5 designer dog breeds of 2020 around the globe. In our opinion, if you are planning to get one of these, you should consider getting a Bernedoodle because of the variety and abundance of options in the breed.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Designer Dog Breeds Of 2020 by flexomob: 11:50am On Mar 11, 2021
I love dogs very much, please tell me what breed of dog is in this photo?
Re: Top 5 Designer Dog Breeds Of 2020 by HughesSon: 12:01pm On Mar 11, 2021
Hey, dude! I also like this doggy, but I don't know what kind of dog it is.
Re: Top 5 Designer Dog Breeds Of 2020 by LeahBnLew: 12:04pm On Mar 11, 2021
Hi guys, I really want to get a dog but first I have to change jobs because a dog requires a lot of attention and time. By the way, I don't know what I should do, whether I should take a dog from a shelter or buy a thoroughbred one, what do you think? Anyway, I have to read some information about how to properly care for a dog to become a good owner and friend for it, so I thank you for the great article! Also, I really like the Barf Pet Foods blog, where there are many interesting things about pets and I think that all pet lovers will appreciate it. You'll find there not only useful tips but also reviews of various devices for pet care.
Re: Top 5 Designer Dog Breeds Of 2020 by vitalscience: 11:37am On Nov 13, 2021
It is a Bernedoodle (Bernese Poodle mix)

flexomob:
I love dogs very much, please tell me what breed of dog is in this photo?

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Name Of This Creature / I killed A Boomslang / Snake Handler Dies Days After Being Strangled By His Huge Pet Boa Constrictor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.