Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,089 members, 7,807,255 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

Gunmen Shoot A Man In His Face In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunmen Shoot A Man In His Face In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) (64802 Views)

Armed Robber Killed In Elelewon, Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) / Man Robbed And Shot Dead In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) / Gunmen Shoot Man Dead At A Drinking Joint In Port-Harcourt. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gunmen Shoot A Man In His Face In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) by lexy2014: 8:53pm On Dec 17, 2020
rusher14:

Hope you aren't among those that were criticising the plan to tie mobile numbers to NIN?

How will NIN solve d murder?
Re: Gunmen Shoot A Man In His Face In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) by Wendymary: 8:53pm On Dec 17, 2020
God help us. RIP
Re: Gunmen Shoot A Man In His Face In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) by habymi: 8:54pm On Dec 17, 2020
377:
I lost my phone to pick pockets this morning please how do i do a sim welcome back. I heard mtn is suspending any welcome back for now. please what can i do will i remain without phone till when the ban is lifted.
Urgent advice
Thanks
MTN didn't suspend welcome back, as a matter of fact I welcome my lost sim this week Tuesday, just go to their office with ur national ID card and sim pack or court affidavit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Shoot A Man In His Face In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) by lexy2014: 8:58pm On Dec 17, 2020
rusher14:

Hope you aren't among those that were criticising the plan to tie mobile numbers to NIN?

We were told that BVN will stop corruption & 419. Pls how far with that?

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Shoot A Man In His Face In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) by lexy2014: 9:00pm On Dec 17, 2020
capitalzero:

CCTV!!!! If all public facilities like markets, parks, hotels, schools have CCTV, most criminals will be arrested .

Story story.
Re: Gunmen Shoot A Man In His Face In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) by jumper524(m): 9:01pm On Dec 17, 2020
Fahdiga:
Criminal activities is on the rise this festive season. this looks like an assassination. in a developed country those killers won't go Scot free
the ones when kill Bleep tentancion are flexing unsvoot free abi?

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Shoot A Man In His Face In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) by modsAREuselesss: 9:02pm On Dec 17, 2020
must be cult related or yahoo or drug deal gone wrong

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Shoot A Man In His Face In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) by kareemkamil(m): 9:02pm On Dec 17, 2020
Blood River State

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Shoot A Man In His Face In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) by figoperch: 9:03pm On Dec 17, 2020
LeeMason:
A few minutes ago gunmen pulled up to the occupant of a KIA sedan and shot him point blank in the face in what looks like an assassination.
This sad event happened at Evo road, GRA Port Harcourt Rivers State.

The victim was yet to be identified and men of the Nigerian Police were also yet to arrive the scene at the time of this report.

Thank God i left PH.

Thank God.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Shoot A Man In His Face In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) by bizzibodi(m): 9:08pm On Dec 17, 2020
Rivers state ehmm is a very peaceful state-Wike
Re: Gunmen Shoot A Man In His Face In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) by wingmanIII: 9:09pm On Dec 17, 2020
Wike's thugs.
When a cultist becomes a state governor. Tueh!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Shoot A Man In His Face In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) by Ance4Liverpool: 9:12pm On Dec 17, 2020
Insecurity everywhere
Re: Gunmen Shoot A Man In His Face In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) by lexy2014: 9:13pm On Dec 17, 2020
rusher14:

Profer solutions.

Maybe u don't no, everything rises and falls on leadership. Anini was ruthless especially with policemen who he felt betrayed him to d point that he almost killed d commissioner of police in then Bendel state. Then president babangida gave an order to d then IG etim iyang to get Anini arrested before Christmas of 1986. And the police delivered.

U are so used to buhari failing that u think it's d norm. As bad as IBB was, we can still say they understood governance more than buhari.

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Shoot A Man In His Face In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 17, 2020
mctfopt:
I wish we have CCTVs around many public places. It may not prevent a crime, but at least we may get to see the criminals and hopefully capture them. Sadly this case is dead on arrival...the police will just come and tow vehicle to their station. And demand some ridiculous amount of money when the relative or kin comes for it. The story ends there. What a country!
tinubu ate d money
Re: Gunmen Shoot A Man In His Face In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) by rusher14: 9:14pm On Dec 17, 2020
lexy2014:

Mop up guns on d streets. Trace and block avenues thru which guns& ammunition get into d wrong hands. U don't need NIN for that. U don't need to wait for NIN to get that done. Lawrence Anini, notably nigerias most notorious armed robber was arrested in 1986& executed in 1987 without NIN but good old police work. His criminal network which also extended into d police force wasn't traced by NIN but by simple and thorough police investigation

And after Anini was caught armed robbery stopped?

There is no single panacea to crime. As well, crime and criminal acts are dynamic.

It behoves on those who govern to be equally dynamic.

NIN is a good strategy but not a silver bullet.

It is one of many to be used.

Of course, I don't expect you to agree.

Your own duty is to criticise.
Re: Gunmen Shoot A Man In His Face In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) by rusher14: 9:15pm On Dec 17, 2020
lexy2014:

We were told that BVN will stop corruption & 419. Pls how far with that?

Who told you BVN would stop corruption?

Please provide the quote.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Shoot A Man In His Face In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) by idahme(m): 9:17pm On Dec 17, 2020
ZACHIE:

can someone kill for that? ewooooo

Nothing wey no Dey happen for this wicked world.. Just be at peace with all and live right.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Shoot A Man In His Face In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) by rusher14: 9:17pm On Dec 17, 2020
lexy2014:

How will NIN solve d murder?

It is not about solving this singular crime.
In any case, until investigation is conducted we can never know what particular item solves the puzzle.
Re: Gunmen Shoot A Man In His Face In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) by lexy2014: 9:19pm On Dec 17, 2020
rusher14:

And after Anini was caught armed robbery stopped?

There is no single panacea to crime. As well, crime and criminal acts are dynamic.

It behoves on those who govern to be equally dynamic.

NIN is a good strategy but not a silver bullet.

It is one of many to be used.

Of course, I don't expect you to agree.

Your own duty is to criticise.

No crime didn't stop. D question is how was he arrested? If d police in 1986 could arrest d most notorious criminal at d time without NIN, y is buhari and his security chiefs waiting for NIN before they do their jobs?

Does d police need NIN to mop guns of the streets and prevent guns & ammunition from getting into d wrong hands? We were told that BVN will stop corruption, kidnapping and 419 same way NIN is being touted as d solution to crime & insecurity. So how far with BVN stopping corruption, kidnapping & 419?
Re: Gunmen Shoot A Man In His Face In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) by rusher14: 9:21pm On Dec 17, 2020
lexy2014:

Maybe u don't no, everything rises and falls on leadership. Anini was ruthless especially with policemen who he felt betrayed him to d point that he almost killed d commissioner of police in then Bendel state. Then president babangida gave an order to d then IG etim iyang to get Anini arrested before Christmas of 1986. And the police delivered.

U are so used to buhari failing that u think it's d norm. As bad as IBB was, we can still say they understood governance more than buhari.

It was easier to track Anini because it was an authoritarian regime, there was no use of multiple SIM cards, which can be jettisoned within minutes corruption was not yet as endemic, there was no insurgency to stretch our security apparatus, there was willingness from the public to ensure Anini was caught and there was no governor or politician to protect him.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Shoot A Man In His Face In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) by lexy2014: 9:21pm On Dec 17, 2020
rusher14:

It is not about solving this singular crime.
In any case, until investigation is conducted we can never know what particular item solves the puzzle.

In response to what someone said concerning this case, this was ur response:

"Hope you aren't among those that were criticising the plan to tie mobile numbers to NIN?"

So how will NIN solve d murder case? Y isn't it about solving this particular crime? Are u now saying NIN is useless in solving crime cases as u were advocating?
Re: Gunmen Shoot A Man In His Face In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 17, 2020
2cribz:
God pls make me super rich pls, all my cars must be bullet proof. Handwork of cult boys
can bullet proof car withstand a bomb?
na God dey save person then of course dont get involved in shady deals

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Shoot A Man In His Face In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) by idahme(m): 9:23pm On Dec 17, 2020
naijadrivablog:
I cant forget the day I left my car and ran away (as others did too) the day robbers who robbed a place in GRA PH drove through Location Junction. Road clear pass third mainland bridge at 12am.

This is not funny but still see myself smiling. Brother Wetin u put for ur comment?
I can imagine what u went through.
Re: Gunmen Shoot A Man In His Face In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) by rusher14: 9:24pm On Dec 17, 2020
lexy2014:

No crime didn't stop. D question is how was he arrested? If d police in 1986 could arrest d most notorious criminal at d time without NIN, y is buhari and his security chiefs waiting for NIN before they do their jobs?

Does d police need NIN to mop guns of the streets and prevent guns & ammunition from getting into d wrong hands? We were told that BVN will stop corruption, kidnapping and 419 same way NIN is being touted as d solution to crime & insecurity. So how far with BVN stopping corruption, kidnapping & 419?

Because they didnt use NIN and neither did they use modern forensic methods, perhaps we should also avoid forensics.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Shoot A Man In His Face In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) by lexy2014: 9:26pm On Dec 17, 2020
rusher14:

It was easier to track Anini because it was an authoritarian regime, there was no use of multiple SIM cards, which can be jettisoned within minutes, corruption was not yet as endemic, there was no insurgency to stretch our security apparatus, there was willingness from the public to ensure Anini was caught and there was no governor or politician to protect him.

Pls explain how being in an authoritarian regime helped d police of 1986 to track Anini? What has governor or politician got to do with catching Anini or not? Obviously, u aren't aware that Anini had protection from a corrupt police officer in d police force. How much do u no about Anini case? Who told u corruption wasn't endemic? Where u around in 1986?

If corruption is ur excuse, what did buhari say he was coming to fight? If politicians & governors protect today's criminals, are there no laws that can be used to check them?
Re: Gunmen Shoot A Man In His Face In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) by lexy2014: 9:27pm On Dec 17, 2020
rusher14:

Because they didnt use NIN and neither did they use modern forensic methods, perhaps we should also avoid forensics.

U didn't answer my questions:

1. D question is how was he arrested?
2. If d police in 1986 could arrest d most notorious criminal at d time without NIN, y is buhari and his security chiefs waiting for NIN before they do their jobs?

3. Does d police need NIN to mop guns of the streets and prevent guns & ammunition from getting into d wrong hands?
4. We were told that BVN will stop corruption, kidnapping and 419 same way NIN is being touted as d solution to crime & insecurity. So how far with BVN stopping corruption, kidnapping & 419?
Re: Gunmen Shoot A Man In His Face In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 17, 2020
mctfopt:
I wish we have CCTVs around many public places. It may not prevent a crime, but at least we may get to see the criminals and hopefully capture them. Sadly this case is dead on arrival...the police will just come and tow vehicle to their station. And demand some ridiculous amount of money when the relative or kin comes for it. The story ends there. What a country!
even if Govt install CCTV some group of ppl will still vandalise the CCTV cameras and be selling the body parts for scraps
naija is a wonderfu country

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Shoot A Man In His Face In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) by chatinent: 9:29pm On Dec 17, 2020
We live in a wicked world.

Humans are wicked.
Re: Gunmen Shoot A Man In His Face In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) by Kingrefreshed: 9:29pm On Dec 17, 2020
LeeMason:
A few minutes ago gunmen pulled up to the occupant of a KIA sedan and shot him point blank in the face in what looks like an assassination.
This sad event happened at Evo road, GRA Port Harcourt Rivers State.

The victim was yet to be identified and men of the Nigerian Police were also yet to arrive the scene at the time of this report.

And two blood brothers were murdered just like this in Owerri too. Because while they were in Indonesia they chop some Niggaz money . The guys waited for them to come back for Christmas and they were murdered and their car was taken away by the guys.

It could be the same with this too. Business gone wrong!

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Shoot A Man In His Face In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) by lexy2014: 9:33pm On Dec 17, 2020
rusher14:

Who told you BVN would stop corruption?

Please provide the quote.

What was BVN set up for?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/bvn-banks-frustrating-anti-corruption-war-fg-agf-tell-court/%3famp=1

U seem to no little or nothing about d topic u are trying to defend
Re: Gunmen Shoot A Man In His Face In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) by WibusJaga: 9:34pm On Dec 17, 2020
377:
I lost my phone to pick pockets this morning please how do i do a sim welcome back. I heard mtn is suspending any welcome back for now. please what can i do will i remain without phone till when the ban is lifted.
Urgent advice
Thanks

Only new SIM registration suspended & not welcome back.
RIP to the dead.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Shoot A Man In His Face In Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) by PastorFire: 9:34pm On Dec 17, 2020
2cribz:
God pls make me super rich pls, all my cars must be bullet proof. Handwork of cult boys
Will you live inside the car without coming out?.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Xenophobia Attacks By Looting South African Stores- CNN / First Wife Kills Husband In Adamawa During Fight With Second Wife (Graphic Pics) / Beheaded Lady Found In A Bush In Imo. Private Parts Missing. Graphic Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.