Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,926 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:36 AM

Why Are Almost All Mega Churches In Nigeria Silent On Endtime Message? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Almost All Mega Churches In Nigeria Silent On Endtime Message? (961 Views)

Dangerous Attitudes Amongst Nigerian Churches In The Diaspora / 7 Different Churches In One Building in Lagos, See Nigerians' Reactions / Witchcraft And Antichrist Practices In Nigeria Mega Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Almost All Mega Churches In Nigeria Silent On Endtime Message? by boyjo: 5:25pm On Dec 17, 2020
Why are almost all Mega Churches in Nigeria silent on Endtime Message?

Like...the thing dey baffle me anyhow.

Shey na politics cause am?

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Almost All Mega Churches In Nigeria Silent On Endtime Message? by Bodexman(m): 5:28pm On Dec 17, 2020
What type of end message are you expecting to hear again?

The happenings around is a message on its own.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Almost All Mega Churches In Nigeria Silent On Endtime Message? by boyjo: 5:31pm On Dec 17, 2020
Bodexman:

I know sha
But not even one Pastor is teaching his members about it.
I mean the Mega Churches o.

Shey na poliics cause am?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Almost All Mega Churches In Nigeria Silent On Endtime Message? by Jashub: 5:34pm On Dec 17, 2020
2 Timothy 3:1-7 (KJV)

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

The church has failed to emphasize on the above, and many believers have now chosen the cares of life over the love of God.

Churches no longer believe in telling the truth ; they have substitute the basic message of salvation for prosperity. Forgetting that the bible is basically a book whose topic is centered on the deliverance of man from God's written judgment.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Almost All Mega Churches In Nigeria Silent On Endtime Message? by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:35pm On Dec 17, 2020
The church is now more focused on things of this world not those of the Kingdom of God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Almost All Mega Churches In Nigeria Silent On Endtime Message? by Goldp5988(f): 5:41pm On Dec 17, 2020
Bodexman:

Re: Why Are Almost All Mega Churches In Nigeria Silent On Endtime Message? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:42pm On Dec 17, 2020
boyjo:

You want make them lose customers? grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Almost All Mega Churches In Nigeria Silent On Endtime Message? by blackpanthar: 5:43pm On Dec 17, 2020
boyjo:

I laff at hypocrites like you who come here claiming end time message.... are you sent by God to be the MONITORING SPIRIT OF ALL CHURCHES IN THESE LAST DAYS....

How are you in the body of Christ and still do not know what an END TIME message means....

So all the ones that pastor chris did during and after the lockdown plus the global prayers.... SHEY YOUR AREA DID NOT HAVE LIGHT FOR YOU TO WATCH ABI YOUR GEN SPOIL?

So the prayers by D.K olukoya and messages of repentance he has been preaching since January about the coming of Jesus and hell... shey your DATA refused to connect to hear them?

What about J.B KUMOLUYI at Ketu with over 10000 members worldwide... all he preaches is about repentance and salvation because of the return of Jesus... I guess you do not know all the mega churches in existence.

Pls mind your business and face the ministry God has giving you rather than being an inspector where you are not appointed.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Almost All Mega Churches In Nigeria Silent On Endtime Message? by Jashub: 5:45pm On Dec 17, 2020
blackpanthar:

I laff at hypocrites like you who come here claiming end time message.... are you sent by God to be the MONITORING SPIRIT OF ALL CHURCHES IN THESE LAST DAYS....

How are you in the body of Christ and still do not know what an END TIME message means....

So all the ones that pastor chris did during and after the lockdown plus the global prayers.... SHEY YOUR AREA DID NOT HAVE LIGHT FOR YOU TO WATCH ABI YOUR GEN SPOIL?

So the prayers by D.K olukoya and messages of repentance he has been preaching since January about the coming of Jesus and hell... shey your DATA refused to connect to hear them?

What about J.B KUMOLUYI at Ketu with over 10000 members worldwide... all he preaches is about repentance and salvation because of the return of Jesus... I guess you do not know all the mega churches in existence.

Pls mind your business and face the ministry God has giving you rather than being an inspector where you are not appointed.
You are misinterpreting the OP's message. He is of the opinion that the message
being preached by today's church is on prosperity rather than the salvation of men. And I agree with him.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Almost All Mega Churches In Nigeria Silent On Endtime Message? by boyjo: 5:49pm On Dec 17, 2020
blackpanthar:

Eh! I be dey admire you from afar o.
Abi no be you?
I go confirm the moniker later.

But all these Churches wey you mention, I no sabi any of them o. At all. No lies.

I only know Oyakhilome.
But, I will rather keep silent on this one as e no join the Pastors wey I count for mind.

Why this thing come pain you like this?
Re: Why Are Almost All Mega Churches In Nigeria Silent On Endtime Message? by boyjo: 5:59pm On Dec 17, 2020
Jashub:
2 Timothy 3:1-7 (KJV)

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

The church has failed to emphasize on the above, and many believers have now chosen the cares of life over the love of God.

Churches no longer believe in telling the truth ; they have substitute the basic message of salvation for prosperity. Forgetting that the bible is basically a book whose topic is centered on the deliverance of man from God's written judgment.

Chei!

If you see as I dey baffled.

Re: Why Are Almost All Mega Churches In Nigeria Silent On Endtime Message? by boyjo: 6:01pm On Dec 17, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
The church is now more focused on things of this world not those of the Kingdom of God.

Endtime happenings just dey burst for everywhere, them suppose Don shift their focus come back begin prepare the people naw!?

Re: Why Are Almost All Mega Churches In Nigeria Silent On Endtime Message? by Jashub: 6:01pm On Dec 17, 2020
boyjo:

Chei!

If you see as I dey baffled.
Baffled in what sense?
Re: Why Are Almost All Mega Churches In Nigeria Silent On Endtime Message? by boyjo: 6:02pm On Dec 17, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

You want make them lose customers? grin

But I dey give you insider gist.
We the Church members are thirsty for endtime messages. No lies.

Re: Why Are Almost All Mega Churches In Nigeria Silent On Endtime Message? by boyjo: 6:04pm On Dec 17, 2020
Jashub:
being preached by today's church is on prosperity rather than the salvation of men. And I agree with him.

Thank you o.
The guy para shock me o.
Re: Why Are Almost All Mega Churches In Nigeria Silent On Endtime Message? by boyjo: 6:07pm On Dec 17, 2020
Jashub:
Baffled in what sense?

As per say, none of tghem dey teach "Get ready" messages.
I wish I fit call the Churches wey I get for mind but sincerely no need.
E fit change the dynamics of the thread.

I know of a lot of Churches that I know they follow and teach Holy Spirit inspired doctrines.
How can they ALL be silent?

Something is fishy!
Re: Why Are Almost All Mega Churches In Nigeria Silent On Endtime Message? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:20pm On Dec 17, 2020
boyjo:

But I dey give you insider gist.
We the Church members are thirsty for endtime messages. No lies.

You guys are thirsty for a lot of things which those churches can not give you anymore.

In fulfillment of The Prophecy of God, they were filled with the Power of God by the out outpouring of the Spirit of Revival (young men Shall dream dreams, old men shall prophecy) which is the First Seal in Revelation (The Man on a White Horse), which was Evident in the 90s to about 2010 and the growth of many of those churches you know.

But now another prophecy has kicked in which is to the effect that God shall not be in and with them anymore.
Re: Why Are Almost All Mega Churches In Nigeria Silent On Endtime Message? by boyjo: 6:26pm On Dec 17, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

You guys are thirsty for a lot of things which those churches can not give you anymore.

In fulfillment of The Prophecy of God, they were filled with the Power of God by the out outpouring of the Spirit of Revival (young men Shall dream dreams, old men shall prophecy) which is the First Seal in Revelation (The Man on a White Horse), which was Evident in the 90s to about 2010 and the growth of many of those churches you know.

But now another prophecy has kicked in which is to the effect that God shall not be in and with them anymore.

I dey get you.

People, this in other words means we must return to GOD o.
Relying on the people of GOD is good but relying on GOD's word and The Holy Spirit is the best way to go now o.

Because GOD just dey give deep deep revelation to those wey dey truly seek am now in this season o.

Make we no miss out abeg

Re: Why Are Almost All Mega Churches In Nigeria Silent On Endtime Message? by Jashub: 6:26pm On Dec 17, 2020
boyjo:

As per say, none of tghem dey teach "Get ready" messages.
I wish I fit call the Churches wey I get for mind but sincerely no need.
E fit change the dynamics of the thread.

I know of a lot of Churches that I know they follow and teach Holy Spirit inspired doctrines.
How can they ALL be silent?

Something is fishy!
You are right in all you have said. In fact, Jesus forewarned of such. But who am I to mind the business of others when my fate is not yet known ? Make I run my race in peace jare. After all,the journey to heaven is a personal one.
Re: Why Are Almost All Mega Churches In Nigeria Silent On Endtime Message? by boyjo: 6:28pm On Dec 17, 2020
Jashub:
You are right in all you have said. In fact, Jesus forewarned of such. But who am I to mind the business of others. Let me run my race in peace. After all,the journey to heaven is a personal one.

Na the conclusion be this o.
Re: Why Are Almost All Mega Churches In Nigeria Silent On Endtime Message? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:33pm On Dec 17, 2020
boyjo:

I dey get you.

People, this in other words means we must return to GOD o.
Relying on the people of GOD is good but relying on GOD's word and The Holy Spirit is the best way to go now o.

Because GOD just dey give deep deep revelation to those wey dey truly seek am now in this season o.

Make we no miss out abeg

Yes! That is the way Today, for God is not with them, Exactly As He Said, He Shall Do!

All must work out their own salvation with their own hands!
Re: Why Are Almost All Mega Churches In Nigeria Silent On Endtime Message? by blackpanthar: 6:59pm On Dec 17, 2020
Jashub:

Brother AFTER COVID, LOCKDOWN, PROTEST.... many pastors don change message o... abeg update your facts o, no use shiloh generalize o

1 Like

Re: Why Are Almost All Mega Churches In Nigeria Silent On Endtime Message? by Jashub: 7:25pm On Dec 17, 2020
blackpanthar:

Brother AFTER COVID, LOCKDOWN, PROTEST.... many pastors don change message o... abeg update your facts o, no use shiloh generalize o
The issue here is not in changing the message, no. It is emphasis of such messages and how often they are mentioned in weekly gatherings.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Almost All Mega Churches In Nigeria Silent On Endtime Message? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:02pm On Dec 17, 2020
boyjo:

Endtime happenings just dey burst for everywhere, them suppose Don shift their focus come back begin prepare the people naw!?
You think they really care about the people going to heaven? People that have said they're not ready to go to heaven now. How would you now expect them to start teaching people that Jesus is coming?

That's why i said they have lost their focus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Almost All Mega Churches In Nigeria Silent On Endtime Message? by makanjuola66359: 10:20pm On Dec 17, 2020
Re: Why Are Almost All Mega Churches In Nigeria Silent On Endtime Message? by boyjo: 9:02pm On Dec 18, 2020
Jashub:
The issue here is not in changing the message, no. It is emphasis of such messages and how often they are mentioned in weekly gatherings.
My guy, GOD bless you.
E be like say you dey inside my mind.
Re: Why Are Almost All Mega Churches In Nigeria Silent On Endtime Message? by MrPRevailer(m): 3:46pm On Dec 23, 2020
boyjo:

One of the major factors is censorship of the mainstream media and social media.

You can subscribe to reclaimthenet.org to see a glimpse of themagnitude of censorship going on in social media and mainstream.

There is unprecedented censorship of Truth, and those activists spreading it

Also, another reason is "the falling away first". I think this has only just begun. Christian believers who don't know websites like Stevequayle, nowtheendbegins will take Endtime message for granted.

Jesus said WATCH AND PRAY, When you see these things, know my coming is near.

The mainstream is taking away the power of many to watch and deceiving the masses, coupled with unprecedented rise in false teachers/churches, worldly temptations, poverty/financial difficulties etc
Re: Why Are Almost All Mega Churches In Nigeria Silent On Endtime Message? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:19pm On Dec 23, 2020
JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES have continue preaching and teaching for the past 150 years and what have to say about them?
"The are professionals in FAILED PROPHECIES"
All because they never relent in proclaiming the coming of our Master, Lord and King {1Corinthians 11:26} so each year they increase in number and how zealous and industrious they come out in mass in places where they newly got to, people like you will attach their message to the year and start spreading rumors that JWs told you Armageddon will come that year! undecided

Please paste your usual picture and let the OP see how long JWs have been preaching and teaching with zeal proclaiming the day of our Lord!

May you have PEACE! smiley

jesusjnr2020:
Re: Why Are Almost All Mega Churches In Nigeria Silent On Endtime Message? by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:32pm On Dec 23, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES have continue preaching and teaching for the past 150 years and what have to say about them?
"The are professionals in FAILED PROPHECIES"
All because they never relent in proclaiming the coming of our Master, Lord and King {1Corinthians 11:26} so each year they increase in number and how zealous and industrious they come out in mass in places where they newly got to, people like you will attach their message to the year and start spreading rumors that JWs told you Armageddon will come that year! undecided

Please paste your usual picture and let the OP see how long JWs have been preaching and teaching with zeal proclaiming the day of our Lord!

Thanks for reminding me about the fraudsters known as Jehovah false Witnesses that people ought to be warned about.

You're welcome.

Very soon you'd understand what I'm talking about. wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Almost All Mega Churches In Nigeria Silent On Endtime Message? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:38pm On Dec 23, 2020
True Christians (Jehovah's Witnesse) are always found preaching and teaching in our neighborhood since 1919.
But last year around June the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses (our central unit of control) released a publication warning us that we are now in THE LAST OF THE LAST DAYS!
It wasn't more than five months when Covid19 strike the world and all JWs globally began having the feeling that the GB will soon leave the earth as found written in scriptures!
Because it was 1919 that this Governing Body gave us the order to start preaching and teaching in our neighborhood about the coming Kingdom of our Master Lord and King (Christ Jesus) and the most shocking is just few months after they told us we're living in the last of the last days Corona Virus came and the Governing Body for the first time since 1919 issued an order that we should stop going to visit people in their homes! embarassed
At first most of us were shocked because we have many families in our neighborhood studying the Bible with us, so what will happen to those studies?
Then we recollect that last year makes a century that the order to start preaching from house to house was given to all members of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES worldwide!

So it was 1919~2019 due to Covid19!

Of course we're still conducting Bible studies with our friends online but JWs will never forget those two years in history the year 1919 & 2019!

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

boyjo:
Re: Why Are Almost All Mega Churches In Nigeria Silent On Endtime Message? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:52pm On Dec 23, 2020
The truth is that Pastors of Christendom Churches are sending out their members to go making noise in the streets not because they want to make their followers strong disciples of Christ, but out of envy that only JWs are known everywhere as the group obeying that order from our Lord Jesus Christ! Matthew 28:19-20
Please ask them why they're no more sending their members out as they often do in the past? after all Corona Virus only affects people who are at close range and their Church members only stand in street corners making noise {Matthew 12:19} unlike JWs who visits people in their homes! Matthew 10:11-13

We are JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! It's whatever we do that determines what the churches of Christendom will work on! Matthew 5:13-16

boyjo:

I know sha
But not even one Pastor is teaching his members about it.
I mean the Mega Churches o.
Shey na poliics cause am?
Re: Why Are Almost All Mega Churches In Nigeria Silent On Endtime Message? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:21pm On Dec 23, 2020
The OP asked a serious question and nobody can point to any group of people doing what he asked even though you all know how it's important.
I have come to present a group that's been up and doing yet you're saying "they are false"
Haba why not mention the name of a group you can vouch for regarding the OP's quest?
I believe Jesus has become King and his subjects shouldn't be difficult to recognize on this planet since they'll be actively doing his work! Act 1:8 wink

jesusjnr2020:
Thanks for reminding me about the fraudsters known as Jehovah false Witnesses that people ought to be warned about.
You're welcome.
Very soon you'd understand what I'm talking about. wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Everyone Obeyed God's Ten Commandments, Would The World Be A Better Place ? / Nigerians React To Leaked Photo Of Mummy Go's Alerged Boyfriend / Polygamy In Christianity- (one Flesh)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.