Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

Cotonou Residents Celebrate The Re-Opening Of Nigeria's Border - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cotonou Residents Celebrate The Re-Opening Of Nigeria's Border (40915 Views)

President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure / Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others / Ghana Resorts To Diplomacy To Get Nigeria Border Opened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cotonou Residents Celebrate The Re-Opening Of Nigeria's Border by saintruky(m): 9:26am On Dec 18, 2020
Na children i see dey happy na
Re: Cotonou Residents Celebrate The Re-Opening Of Nigeria's Border by onadana: 9:27am On Dec 18, 2020
AdaugoChisom:
Le Nigéria aurait été un grand pays si ce n’était l’idiot qui partageait le pays avec moi.

Espérons toujours le meilleur de notre vie.
Re: Cotonou Residents Celebrate The Re-Opening Of Nigeria's Border by ThierryJay: 9:32am On Dec 18, 2020
efighter:

I beg, I see idiots for wetin you type there? Na who you dey idiot? Buhari, APC, Fulani herdsmen or Biafran miscreants?

Lol, None of the above you listed. According to the person you quoted, the idiots are the "Nord" Go figure.
Re: Cotonou Residents Celebrate The Re-Opening Of Nigeria's Border by AreaFada2: 9:32am On Dec 18, 2020
ZKOSOSO:
Nigeria na big brother indeed...!
Adie funfun ko mo ara re lagba.

Nigeria is just messing about not knowing how it should comport herself and exert 100 times more positive influence in the world.

First by creating a safe, stable and enabling local environment throughout 9ja and see poverty disappear. With more prosperity comes self confidence and more respect from the outside.

1 Like

Re: Cotonou Residents Celebrate The Re-Opening Of Nigeria's Border by ThierryJay: 9:37am On Dec 18, 2020
toffyz:

@AdaugoChisom Please translate what you typed up there In English.

You seem to be passing a message, for people to react to it.

Wahala for who no understand French o smiley

What she typed was more or less like a tribalistic comment, even though it might be true. She said Nigeria would have been a great country if not for some id*ots she shares the country with.

1 Like

Re: Cotonou Residents Celebrate The Re-Opening Of Nigeria's Border by Rugaria: 9:38am On Dec 18, 2020
Nokio1:

wai me ku ke fad'i
Egbe!
Re: Cotonou Residents Celebrate The Re-Opening Of Nigeria's Border by frfrank(m): 10:13am On Dec 18, 2020
Freestainworld:
Nigeria is always great minus Buhari

And his chicken cabinet...
Re: Cotonou Residents Celebrate The Re-Opening Of Nigeria's Border by 49cents(m): 10:22am On Dec 18, 2020
ZKOSOSO:
Nigeria na big brother indeed...!

Benin republic is a locak goverment..please don't insult Nigeira lol
Re: Cotonou Residents Celebrate The Re-Opening Of Nigeria's Border by bigfish3k: 10:22am On Dec 18, 2020
fastseo:
I have a friend who sells frozen fish, he buys from cotonou and import it through the land boarder. Last year when the boarder was closed his fish was trapped along the boarder. That was how he lost all his savings and money running into millions he has been using to run his business.

His kids were out of school since then, to feed is problem now. I

This Government should have a consistent policy not going back and coming forward without informing the public and giving them time to prepare
The government doesn't care as far as its not affecting their family members.
I also know somebody who does this turkey business from cotonou and was run aground by PMB's inconsistent policies.
The guy couldn't cope. He died two months back because he couldn't repay his debts because his goods couldn't come in
He died of high BP
Re: Cotonou Residents Celebrate The Re-Opening Of Nigeria's Border by bigfish3k: 10:41am On Dec 18, 2020
Komu1048:

God catch them, this is my prayer for the people selling frozen foods. You try to sell Nigeria fish, broiler, turkey to them they will claim they don't want. It's only import things that is original to them. Folly people
Can you meet up local supply without imports?

If yes, why did prices go up after the closure? because it's shortage of supply that drives prices up as in the case of rice
Re: Cotonou Residents Celebrate The Re-Opening Of Nigeria's Border by Bellotelli: 10:49am On Dec 18, 2020
AdaugoChisom:
Le Nigéria aurait été un grand pays si ce n’était l’idiot qui partageait le pays avec moi.
Look... Stop all these lies, Adaugo
Re: Cotonou Residents Celebrate The Re-Opening Of Nigeria's Border by toffyz(m): 10:51am On Dec 18, 2020
ThierryJay:

What she typed was more or less like a tribalistic comment, even though it might be true. She said Nigeria would have been a great country if not for some id*ots she shares the country with.

Alright sir...Thanks
Re: Cotonou Residents Celebrate The Re-Opening Of Nigeria's Border by heniford2: 10:52am On Dec 18, 2020
Okoroawusa:
Benin Republic is not a good neighbour. There are not doing anything to improve their country through manufacturing even if it's toilet paper

I have mix feelings about the reopening of border. When it was closed it affected me but I have since diversified. If not for the ECOWAS treaty about free passage of humans and goods I will support a permanent locking of that Seme border. But it's unfortunate that Nigeria can't take that stand because of the decisions taken on the sunny afternoon of 28th, May 1975.
can we talk
Re: Cotonou Residents Celebrate The Re-Opening Of Nigeria's Border by Onyenna(m): 11:10am On Dec 18, 2020
AdaugoChisom:

Bien dit......
Re: Cotonou Residents Celebrate The Re-Opening Of Nigeria's Border by day6789(m): 11:17am On Dec 18, 2020
Enemyofpeace:
Fake news
Why is it that anything that doesn't discredit Nigeria is term fake new by you and ur brothers?
Re: Cotonou Residents Celebrate The Re-Opening Of Nigeria's Border by Reference(m): 11:20am On Dec 18, 2020
They should be careful what they wish for. For in the days of kings and Emperors that is an open invitation for conquest and annexation. Might just be the 37th Nigerian state advertised here. We sure need their expertise in better ports operations.

1 Like

Re: Cotonou Residents Celebrate The Re-Opening Of Nigeria's Border by Dedetwo(m): 11:23am On Dec 18, 2020
crackhouse:
Hunger must have dealt with these people brutally.

You could not be more correct.
Re: Cotonou Residents Celebrate The Re-Opening Of Nigeria's Border by Dedetwo(m): 11:33am On Dec 18, 2020
effty:
Which hunger? You overestimate Nigeria.

In this case, Nigeria is not overestimated. These people dancing and rejoicing in the rain cannot agree with you that Nigeria is overestimated. The Beninese are ultimate localized middlemen. Whenever Nigeria border at Seme is closed, the middlemen are screwed.
Re: Cotonou Residents Celebrate The Re-Opening Of Nigeria's Border by KELVIN84171: 11:40am On Dec 18, 2020
Cyberterror:
Nigeria is still the giant of Africa. We make Benin Republic to do national thanksgiving whenever we open our own border and make Bia.fraud the only online country in the world who still use our Naira and Kobo as their currency.

Big fools everywhere, what was the reason for closing the borders? Was the reason achieved?
Why did they close down the seaports in the south East?
Just don’t worry e go soon clear for Una eyes shaa! Always wanting the southeastern part to always suffer.

1 Like

Re: Cotonou Residents Celebrate The Re-Opening Of Nigeria's Border by CSTRR: 11:56am On Dec 18, 2020
zabuur:

And whether u like it or not, Only God can stop him from completing his tenor.

Pray for your leaders if u believe God answers all your prayers and not curse or abuse them. If God answers your curses on them, all citizens would also be gravely affected.
God did not select your leaders for you.

He has no business blessing your leaders.

If they fail, it's on you.

That was what he told the people of Isreal when they said they wanted to choose their own king by themselves.

Your prayers are irrelevant.
Re: Cotonou Residents Celebrate The Re-Opening Of Nigeria's Border by Blackdisciple(m): 11:56am On Dec 18, 2020
Freestainworld:
Nigeria is always great minus Buhari

Yes oo
Re: Cotonou Residents Celebrate The Re-Opening Of Nigeria's Border by porthouse7(f): 12:00pm On Dec 18, 2020
Akunatakasi:

every shit you've dropped on this enclave is about Igbo .. yet your sense never increase ..
are u Igbo or Biafra... Biafra is online country
Re: Cotonou Residents Celebrate The Re-Opening Of Nigeria's Border by CSTRR: 12:00pm On Dec 18, 2020
Reference:
They should be careful what they wish for. For in the days of kings and Emperors that is an open invitation for conquest and annexation. Might just be the 37th Nigerian state advertised here. We sure need their expertise in better ports operations.
If NIgeria actually knew what it was doing, Benin republic would have been a protectorate long ago.

It is no so far fetched. Even their president call themselves our 37th state.

The incompetence and terrible leadership crippled the NIgeria's potential.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cotonou Residents Celebrate The Re-Opening Of Nigeria's Border by Omoslim26: 12:20pm On Dec 18, 2020
Akunatakasi:

every shit you've dropped on this enclave is about Igbo .. yet your sense never increase ..

That guy is fulfilling his destiny him come this life to dey shout igbo yeee ipob aaaaa Igbo yoooo biafra yiiii

very useless human beinf

Re: Cotonou Residents Celebrate The Re-Opening Of Nigeria's Border by Coolgent(m): 2:40pm On Dec 18, 2020
AdaugoChisom:
Interpret grin
Re: Cotonou Residents Celebrate The Re-Opening Of Nigeria's Border by fastseo: 2:59pm On Dec 18, 2020
bigfish3k:

The government doesn't care as far as its not affecting their family members.
I also know somebody who does this turkey business from cotonou and was run aground by PMB's inconsistent policies.
The guy couldn't cope. He died two months back because he couldn't repay his debts because his goods couldn't come in
He died of high BP
As a speaking to you, the guy all he does is to play ludo. He is just asking for help.

Truth be told a lot of people has been sent to their grave because of this.

My mom told me of a woman in her market whose goods was lost as a result of this inconsistent policy, my mom told me the woman children are out of school. House rent and debt and no single goods in their shop

1 Like

Re: Cotonou Residents Celebrate The Re-Opening Of Nigeria's Border by fastseo: 3:01pm On Dec 18, 2020
Komu1048:

God catch them, this is my prayer for the people selling frozen foods. You try to sell Nigeria fish, broiler, turkey to them they will claim they don't want. It's only import things that is original to them. Folly people

Frozen fish are imported even the ones you buy from the market, like the one that look like snake,Titus etc plus others you get from cold room are imported.

Nigeria can't raise those fishes.

Don't laugh at people's misfortune. Imagine u lost 300k in this hard economy how will u feel?
What we are talking here is money running over 5 million to 10 million.

Re: Cotonou Residents Celebrate The Re-Opening Of Nigeria's Border by ajl: 3:17pm On Dec 18, 2020
Cyberterror:
Nigeria is still the giant of Africa. We make Benin Republic to do national thanksgiving whenever we open our own border and make Bia.fraud the only online country in the world who still use our Naira and Kobo as their currency.

Be fooling yourself. Cotonou residents enjoy 24/7 electricity, and surely go to bed with both eyes closed. Throw that "giant of africa" thing in the dustbin. Nigerians can't even feed themselves except they import food. Tell me whats giant of Africa about that.
Re: Cotonou Residents Celebrate The Re-Opening Of Nigeria's Border by ajl: 3:21pm On Dec 18, 2020
Komu1048:

Nigerians are about the most stupid people on the face of earth. They don't know how those foreign foods are produced with growth hormones and a lot of chemical preservatives unlike food produced at home, which are more organic since most farmers in Nigeria do not have access to these chemicals and preservatives.
Re: Cotonou Residents Celebrate The Re-Opening Of Nigeria's Border by Imustreturn(m): 3:24pm On Dec 18, 2020
slimanyd:
Ntorrr to all those wey dey sell car at exorbitant rate cos of closed borders. Now. Day don break now.
I just dey laugh grin
Re: Cotonou Residents Celebrate The Re-Opening Of Nigeria's Border by ajl: 3:28pm On Dec 18, 2020
fastseo:
I have a friend who sells frozen fish, he buys from cotonou and import it through the land boarder. Last year when the boarder was closed his fish was trapped along the boarder. That was how he lost all his savings and money running into millions he has been using to run his business.

His kids were out of school since then, to feed is problem now.

This Government should have a consistent policy not going back and coming forward without informing the public and giving them time to prepare

What stop your friend from investing in local fish production? I know that not all fish can be raised locally but there is still a huge need for home grown breeds. Importation comes with a lot of risk, especially with constant "policy somersault" of the government. Nigeria has no business importing food. Our people just don't want to do the hardwork. Filling local demands and export is what Nigerians should be focused on.

Some people were even importing turkey. Can you imagine. Turkey that were fed with growth hormones. Just think about the quality of products deliberately made for export to Africa. They are the low quality level since oversight is non-existent.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha Reacts To Wife Battering Accusation / 1999-2019: Senate Presidents, Deputy Senate Presidents, House Of Reps Speakers / Buhari's Age Limitation: Nigerians Mock Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.