Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,867 members, 7,802,798 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student (22656 Views)

Aminat Yusuf: LASU Best Student Takes Her Parents To Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) / Sanwo-Olu Gives LASU's Best Bsc And Msc Students 5 Million Naira Each / Ambode Offers Fuhad Adetoro Ogunsanya, LASU Best Student N5m, Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by sesan85(m): 9:49am On Dec 18, 2020
apexJ:
look!! I don't have the strength to argue with you. Which should be rewarded more, a child that works hard or a lazy one??

Don't mention me again!!
Oga, go and sleep. As much as I passionately hate that stupid show called BBN, the contestants still made money for the organizers from where the 80 million naira was given to the winner. This Lasu dude worked hard for himself and his family, not me. So, 5 million is small abi? You expected Sanwo-olu to give him 80 million?

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by rachytenny2(f): 9:50am On Dec 18, 2020
I love things like this. Its encouraging for real.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by mojoyin73585: 9:50am On Dec 18, 2020
OkDid you need a professional graphic design for ur business? if yeskindly chat us on+2348132159165
Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by crafteeworld: 9:51am On Dec 18, 2020
apexJ:
5m for somebody who might have slept for just 3hours a day for more than 5+ years because of strike.Someone else was given 80m for jst 3months where he did nothing but sleep and eat. We no de prioritise things for this country

Young man!

you are only doing yourself a favour by graduating with a first class. Nobody owe you anything!!!

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by Is04970: 9:51am On Dec 18, 2020
apexJ:
look!! I don't have the strength to argue with you. Which should be rewarded more, a child that works hard or a lazy one??

Don't mention me again!!
We live in a skewed country Bro.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 18, 2020
apexJ:
5m for somebody who might have slept for just 3hours a day for more than 5+ years because of strike.Someone else was given 80m for jst 3months where he did nothing but sleep and eat. We no de prioritise things for this country

Would you rather they gave him the regular ten thousand naira? Nigerians would never cease to criticize.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 18, 2020
apexJ:

Don't mention me again!!
Oga calm down, Multichoice is not a government owned business. It is not even owned here in Nigeria.
It is not Multichoice fault that your government aren't doing what they are meant to do

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by zoghys: 10:40am On Dec 18, 2020
apexJ:

If only a few could show your level of intelligence and truth, just maybe this hellhole would be much more better. In an era of misplaced priorities excellence takes the back burner.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by africaflozy(f): 10:43am On Dec 18, 2020
First good news of the year in Nigeria.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by Bellotelli: 10:46am On Dec 18, 2020
Such gesture should be given to every best in each department, not only the entire institution.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by Nobody: 11:02am On Dec 18, 2020
uuzba:

In truth| Education is useless unless you apply it to something. That's why teachers, students, lecturers are not valued.
Facebook boy and Bill Gates didn't finish university. They just applied thier small knowledge to a wonderful business venture.
Carrying certificate in this Nigeria is just over rated. Go and do something with the knowledge you already have. Put your hands to use.
E tired me bros, for now why would I rush to apply for jobs by sacrificing my time for some chop change, when I can sit down and come up with something that would earn me the annual salary in a month and feel fly while doing it leaving everyone wondering. This guy seems to be using the wrong formula but he is getting there somehow.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by ofwest47(m): 11:18am On Dec 18, 2020
Award to a a graduate of glorified secondary schools called Universities in Nigeria. All you hear or see of in the so called Universities in Nigeria is Department of Business Admin, Business Management, Economics, Political Science, Psychology, Philosophy, Guidance and counselling, law etc, etc, with little or nothing to hear of Medicine, Engineering, Science and technology; unlike South Africa which has the number 1_ 6 best Universities out of 10 best Universities in Africa with Nigeria being number 8.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by Skmoda360(m): 11:36am On Dec 18, 2020
GeneralPula:

Ode..

He was awarded 5m & a scholarship.

Is scholarship meant for selling Gala ?
Ode calling me ode .......Ode oshi....... grin
Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by Skmoda360(m): 11:38am On Dec 18, 2020
pretydiva:

Learn to read through post before commenting it will save you from future embarrassment
If you like take my words serious....you are on a long thing....I'm super happy for the guy and for your info I read through everything but I decided to catch some cruises...who embarrassment help? It's a faceless forum for all I care.... undecided
Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by Skmoda360(m): 11:39am On Dec 18, 2020
smith1985:

Greedy fellow must u study abroad? your own governor would have given him 500 hundred recharge card.

Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by Skmoda360(m): 11:40am On Dec 18, 2020
Okoroawusa:

I pity your life
W
Baba wetin dey now grin......

Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by Skmoda360(m): 11:41am On Dec 18, 2020
blamingthedevil:

It is a pity that less than 1000 words , you cannot read.
Trouble pulls crowd bro....I know what I'm doing.....so let's just keep it that way

Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by Skmoda360(m): 11:44am On Dec 18, 2020
Ayoolamax:
shey u bi oloriburuku ni abi watin self? If u dont know what to say u better short that ur stupid ogogoro mouth oooo. Best idiot of the year.
Now repeat after.....you be oloriburuku ọmọ jatijati angry grin.......weyrey ni ehn ọ.....see as this one carry another person matter for head...ko dé ní da fún ehn ...oloshi ọmọ......Egbe mi nile yin lọnà basọ .....
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Best Madman of the year from Google (Ayoolamax) grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by Skmoda360(m): 11:46am On Dec 18, 2020
osejie17:

OMO wetin u dey yarn self?
Na Ogbomosho weed oooo....em mix am for my drink last night....baba all na for cruise ....I read everything but I decided to divert from it ...Nigerians love negativity....damn!!!? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 18, 2020
apexJ:

Don't mention me again!!
You get point jare no mind d person wey mention u . na yansh him like to dey watch 4 tv
Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by Omezif(m): 12:01pm On Dec 18, 2020
Lagos Students over to you, most hard work student must clinch this award.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by Dijita: 12:09pm On Dec 18, 2020
I commended LGSG for this gesture. I have not ready anywhere that any state in US awarded $10k for best graduating student
Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by Walelavender(m): 12:29pm On Dec 18, 2020
This is encouraging. Most Varsities seldom do this. The scholarship part excites me so much.

Kudos Mr Governor
Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by Casper21: 12:33pm On Dec 18, 2020
I don't see any importance of education in Nigeria because there's nothing tangible that comes out of it. Just a group of individuals bearing an enormous title to their name
Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by MrJavaS: 12:45pm On Dec 18, 2020
Education is not an avenue of making money
Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by ajl: 2:37pm On Dec 18, 2020
apexJ:

So, they should have hand him N80 million for doing exactly what is expected of him even though most student aren't as talented or hardworking? N5 million is a good reward for a fresh graduate that performed brilliantly. I even read someone say N5 million is small amount as a reward.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by ajl: 2:41pm On Dec 18, 2020
Dijita:
I commended LGSG for this gesture. I have not ready anywhere that any state in US awarded $10k for best graduating student

Typically, top students in the US get multiple scholarship awards. So, it will not be in form of "best graduating" student which I believe is really not sustainable. Brilliant students like him need more supports, not a one-off "fire brigade" approach.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by SirWarlock: 2:42pm On Dec 18, 2020
Bellotelli:
Such gesture should be given to every best in each department, not only the entire institution.
I kinda agree with this. But then will they have money for everybody grin
Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by SirWarlock: 2:44pm On Dec 18, 2020
MrJavaS:
Education is not an avenue of making money
then what is grin. Why do people then complain all day about Government not providing jobs?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by vioment: 3:03pm On Dec 18, 2020
Lagos #1 aka king of Lagos aka oga sanwo, wants to use soft ways and laws to win hearts and minds.

This encouragement is good. He is doing tidy laws.

Oga Umahi and Zulum take note, we like physical things like infrastructure but it should come parallel with common sense things. I know oga Umahi aka the king of Ebonyi, does these common sense laws without too much fanfare; but it is time to increase common sense and creative laws and ways, that can better the people. And make them more visible. Oga umahi and oga zulum, love action that they forget to publicize the laws that they and their team are contributing to the state.

May God bless all the honest working leaders in Nigeria.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by MrJavaS: 4:35pm On Dec 18, 2020
SirWarlock:
then what is grin. Why do people then complain all day about Government not providing jobs?

The entertainment industry would forever pay far greater than academics
Re: Sanwo-Olu Awards N5M & Scholarship To Oladimeji Shotunde, LASU Best Student by NairalandSARS: 5:26pm On Dec 18, 2020
apexJ:

The certificate is for himself.
Why should we give him any gift at all?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Government Primary School Ijoko, Ogun, Where Pupils Pay Teachers’ Salary / A'level Admissions Into 200 Level In All Nigeria Universities And Also In Abroad / What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.