Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

5 Differences Between Laundry Cleaning And Dry Cleaning (updated) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Differences Between Laundry Cleaning And Dry Cleaning (updated) (333 Views)

Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? / My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry / Snake Catchers Battle With Huge Python Found In Australian Family Laundry Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Differences Between Laundry Cleaning And Dry Cleaning (updated) by Somtohenry: 12:55pm On Dec 18, 2020
Want to know if dry cleaning or laundry cleaning is more suitable for you? The number of people who use professional companies to clean their dirty laundry has increased. The professional services save the homemakers time, and also delivers clothes that are cleaned thoroughly and treated with care.

Depending on the dirt and the fabric type, you can dry or wet launder your clothes. The dirty clothes are manually inspected and stained spots are specially treated with chemicals. Professional launderers use modern cleaning equipment that uses a specific amount of solvents and detergents, for maximum efficiency. The washed clothes are finally pressed and folded.

When you decide to send your garments for cleaning, you should know the basic differences between dry and laundry cleaning.

1. Dry cleaning process uses a chemical solvent to rinse the garments. It is called ‘dry’ cleaning because water is not used in the cleaning process. The traditional wet laundering method involves the immersion of your clothes in water.

2. Dry cleaning process is done using the chemical perchloroethylene to remove stains and grease from clothing. Laundry cleaning uses cleaning agents like soaps, detergents or softeners along with water to remove dirt from clothing.

3. The dry cleaned clothes are then loaded in a machine and washed using the process called tumbling.

The solvents used in the process are generally removed and recycled. In laundry cleaning, the clothes are tumbled in a machine and the detergent works with water to remove the dirt particles during the agitation process.

4. The garments in the dry cleaning process are dried with the help of dry cleaning machines. In laundry cleaning, water is removed from the garments using the spinning process. After this, the clothes are dried in a drier or hung dried.

5. Dry cleaned clothes are steamed or ironed to straighten them. Finally, they are ready for delivery. In the laundry, cleaning cloths are pressed or steamed.

To Dry clean your garments, Visit https://www.ybelaundry.com
Re: 5 Differences Between Laundry Cleaning And Dry Cleaning (updated) by Chiquitq(f): 1:48pm On Dec 20, 2020
Thanks for the write up.

Are you saying that dry cleaning does not involve water at all?

I've always heard this but I don't believe my suits would be so clean without ever having water touch them at the dry cleaners.
Re: 5 Differences Between Laundry Cleaning And Dry Cleaning (updated) by bukatyne(f): 2:12pm On Dec 20, 2020
Thanks OP.

Just learnt this today.

I never stopped to process the term 'dry cleaning'.

So what we do at home is laundry cleaning.

Nagode!

(1) (Reply)

Question: "Should A Christian Consult Horoscopes? / "Take JAMB Registrar, Prof Ishaq Oloyede, To Court" / Xoxolife Global Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.