Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

How Much Is Tomatoes Paste In Your Area? - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Much Is Tomatoes Paste In Your Area? (53022 Views)

I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? / Buy Gino Tomato Paste In Wholesale Prices / Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is Tomatoes Paste In Your Area? by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 20, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

And where did you get that from?

From constant research into the food industry.
Re: How Much Is Tomatoes Paste In Your Area? by Olatara(f): 9:23am On Dec 20, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
So people do use poison ( tomatoes paste) to cook.

Maggi, paste, anything sealed in a can, even peak milk, i can never take them.

But Hollandia evap is good abii?
Re: How Much Is Tomatoes Paste In Your Area? by mechanics(m): 9:37am On Dec 20, 2020
Lolz, it's now hot cake o.
Re: How Much Is Tomatoes Paste In Your Area? by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 9:39am On Dec 20, 2020
WowSweetGuy:
E get onion and pepper inside na
And onion n pepper cost now..
Ogun kill buhari
Re: How Much Is Tomatoes Paste In Your Area? by Nobody: 9:43am On Dec 20, 2020
Olatara:
But Hollandia evap is good abii?

Any evaporated milk is fake milk, it is just for mass sales, it has no nutrients.

[b]Evaporated milk is usually recombined (from skimmed milk powder, butterfat or vegetable oil, emulsifier and water), then sterilized to make a liquid milk (in tinned or tetra format), such that - its concentration is double that of fresh, regular milk. And to use it in reci[/b]pes - is usually mixed with the same amount of water.

This kind of milk usually is marketed in tropical countries (where storage conditions are ill-equipped to handle perishable goods), and in locations with little or no dairy industries.
Re: How Much Is Tomatoes Paste In Your Area? by yungz: 9:51am On Dec 20, 2020
Re: How Much Is Tomatoes Paste In Your Area? by Usihyelda(m): 10:27am On Dec 20, 2020
It's #90 in my area.
Re: How Much Is Tomatoes Paste In Your Area? by Tonymegabush1(m): 10:28am On Dec 20, 2020
PerseDew:

You could use tumeric to get that desired look you want for jollof rice while you use little fresh tomatoes and tatashe (preferred). Just use tumeric like curry but add a little more and unlike curry it barely adds another taste to the rice.

Wow tumeric powder, buy tatashe not really a fan of that, back then my mum used to apply it but never been a fan of it
Re: How Much Is Tomatoes Paste In Your Area? by Emu4u2c: 11:07am On Dec 20, 2020
dollytino4real:
150 uniport axis
E shock me when I go buy them tell me 200N ...
Then how much for cup?.
Ordinarily I don't know the prices of these things cause I buy in bulk but when I go buy just tomotoes paste for kiosk the price shock shock me
Re: How Much Is Tomatoes Paste In Your Area? by PerseDew(f): 11:34am On Dec 20, 2020
Tonymegabush1:

Wow tumeric powder, buy tatashe not really a fan of that, back then my mum used to apply it but never been a fan of it

Just give it a try plus pepper and atagungun or is it atarodo (spelling may be wrong but it is slim and long). All combined and prepared as suggested by Pocahontas but with way less boiling time if I may add cos I don't wait to see it fragmented anymore before I add oil and other ingredients and just let it boil for a some mins. The result is a tasty naturally red stew. Only tomatoes can't give you that except you leave out just tatashe from the mix. That may still turn out fine. I guess part of the reason I use tatashe is cos it reduces the quantity of pepper and atarodo.

P.S
It would be good to buy tumeric from trusted sites e.g where you see it being grinded in the market or you buy dried tumeric and grind.
Re: How Much Is Tomatoes Paste In Your Area? by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:56am On Dec 20, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

From constant research into the food industry.
Care to share?
Re: How Much Is Tomatoes Paste In Your Area? by Forumobserver12(m): 12:00pm On Dec 20, 2020
vizkiz:
Omo, remember when this was sold for 50 naira. (Though I haven’t been using it for a while)

Mr Buhari, e no go better for you oh. Insha Allah!

It was actually sold for #50 just few months ago...
Re: How Much Is Tomatoes Paste In Your Area? by Bert81(m): 12:18pm On Dec 20, 2020
130 here in Borikiri

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Tomatoes Paste In Your Area? by dollytino4real(f): 12:20pm On Dec 20, 2020
Emu4u2c:
E shock me when I go buy them tell me 200N ...
Then how much for cup?.
Ordinarily I don't know the prices of these things cause I buy in bulk but when I go buy just tomotoes paste for kiosk the price shock shock me
guy u dey cook?
Re: How Much Is Tomatoes Paste In Your Area? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 20, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

Go and do research about it.

Anything stored in satchets or can have chemical preservatives that are dangerous to your health.

There are high amounts of sodium and glutamate in maggi that can lead to you having high blood pressure.
thats why i said u should limit the way u consume maggi.Sodium is not bad..in short sodium is also needed by the body..its when u consume it too much that it is bad.even if u run away from maggi entirely what of sharwama and pizza dat is also consumed a lot in nigeria.Do u know they contain a large amount of sodium cheesy.so even if u run away from maggi and consume too much pizza and other junk food u are also ingesting very high amount of sodium too.So thats it and as for stachets bros dont u consume pure water? Pure water is stored in satchets nau.abi na tap water u dey use? cheesy.if u are living in nigeria u cant avoid satchets products totally.
Re: How Much Is Tomatoes Paste In Your Area? by Sofistcatdmoron: 12:50pm On Dec 20, 2020
IKWUADA:
U be slowpoke true true
Na opposite I mean
Re: How Much Is Tomatoes Paste In Your Area? by Yankee101: 1:13pm On Dec 20, 2020
What of fresh tomatoes?

It won't take anything from you to plant a garden behind your house
Re: How Much Is Tomatoes Paste In Your Area? by TruthSeeker1: 2:00pm On Dec 20, 2020
pocohantas:
Stop wasting your money on sachet tomatoes. I don’t know how much it is currently because I don’t use it anymore, though I have about half carton of Gino lying around somewhere.

Buy tomatoes, the round ones, not oblong. The round ones are more colorful. Add it tatashe, if you don’t see big one, the long one would serve. Blend together and steam it.

To cook your stew, slow fry on low heat in oil that covers the tomatoes. Don’t stop till your tomatoes has pores and looks segmented. Same applies to your jollof rice and spag. You won’t have any use for sachet tomatoes.

The colour would depend on the ratio of tomatoes to tatashe and how long you fry.

I don’t use tin tomatoes in my stew and you won’t know. Done with that shii.

I shared my stew recipe with someone HERE, you can check it out and ask for clarifications.

I hope it's not the case that what your food lacks in taste is made up for in look..
Re: How Much Is Tomatoes Paste In Your Area? by TruthSeeker1: 2:06pm On Dec 20, 2020
Zico5:
Nigeria? How many of u noticed that the kidnapping of students in Katsina is a pure scam. I wonder where FG and state government got the new clothes for over 300 kidnapped students just within a day. Buhari is just a bigot.

They didn't just sew the clothes; they are ready-made. The kidnapping of the students was not a scam. The scam is the story we were told about how the government rescued them.
Re: How Much Is Tomatoes Paste In Your Area? by okirewaju(f): 2:51pm On Dec 20, 2020
KayyDee:

It's actually 5 pieces in a wholesale pack @ #600
...except you have a different wholesale arrangement in your area sha.
You are right. That was an error on my part.

I'm sorry.

It's 5 for #600.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Tomatoes Paste In Your Area? by Eddygourdo(m): 3:02pm On Dec 20, 2020
pocohantas:

Lol, I love your use of the word consistent, I use that word a lot to describe my stew. I used to think same @ tin tomatoes being responsible, not anymore. Your mixture is the base, your deep frying is the crucial stage, then the amount of stock you add.

I shared my stew recipe with someone HERE, you can check it out and ask for clarifications. I’ll create a more detailed thread soon and tag you.

You’re most welcome.

Lol. I am actually inyamuri, but yea, you need to deep fry your tomatoes to get the best out of it. You can drain the excess oil after frying, but don’t fry with small oil. Burns and thins out your tomatoes. wink

Maybe the word cover was extreme, it should be about half an inch above the tomatoes.

You’ll pay, that way you would be serious. tongue
aii. I will await the thread. Happy sunday
Re: How Much Is Tomatoes Paste In Your Area? by Emu4u2c: 7:50pm On Dec 20, 2020
dollytino4real:
guy u dey cook?
Times are different aunty.
Covid-19 change everything
Re: How Much Is Tomatoes Paste In Your Area? by dollytino4real(f): 9:11pm On Dec 20, 2020
Emu4u2c:
Times are different aunty.
Covid-19 change everything
ok, so thanks to covid wen redirect some of mind and characters

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Huge Fish Spotted At Yaba. What's The Name? / N1500 Basket Of Tomatoes A Nairalander Bought (Photos) / Will You Accept This Gift From A Neighbor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.