Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

Help Me If You Can, I'm Having Migraine Because Of This. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Me If You Can, I'm Having Migraine Because Of This. (2080 Views)

I'm Having Serious Issues With My Dubious Clearing Agent... Please Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me If You Can, I'm Having Migraine Because Of This. by Pentools(m): 5:46pm On Dec 18, 2020
Hello house, please I need your professional and thorough analytical input on this, hence it's beginning to mess with my head, trying not to make bad choices...

I'm faced with three options in getting a new car, those three options are:- Mercedes Benz C300 upwards, Lexus Is250 2007 upwards, and Hyundai Sonata 2012/2014 GLS.

NB:- I'd like to know what commonly and easily spoils most in the three respectively, and what's the cost of fixing it, and also avoiding it...

Please my people, which would you rather suggest I go for considering :-

Nigeria Road...
Maintenance...
Parts and professional mechanics availability..
Strong and Durability....
Seemingly affordable in parts purchase...
Prestige and class...
Modified:- fuel consumption too....

Please help me with candid and experienced suggestions, as it will highly be appreciated....
Re: Help Me If You Can, I'm Having Migraine Because Of This. by phrancys001(m): 6:09pm On Dec 18, 2020
Lexz makes senz
Re: Help Me If You Can, I'm Having Migraine Because Of This. by isholapeter9(m): 6:20pm On Dec 18, 2020
Lexus bro......
Re: Help Me If You Can, I'm Having Migraine Because Of This. by ahmstrng(m): 6:44pm On Dec 18, 2020
Pentools:
Hello house, please I need your professional and thorough analytical input on this, hence it's beginning to mess with my head, trying not to make bad choices...

I'm faced with three options in getting a new car, those three options are:- Mercedes Benz C300 upwards, Lexus Is250 2007 upwards, and Hyundai Sonata 2012/2014 GLS.

NB:- I'd like to know what commonly and easily spoils most in the three respectively, and what's the cost of fixing it, and also avoiding it...

Nigeria Road...
Maintenance...
Prestige and class...

Please help me with candid and experienced suggestions, as it will highly be appreciated....
I dont have much experience with the other cars listed. But for is250. I can tell you its a pretty small uncomfortable car. Unless you are a bachelor or not looking to have enough crowd in your car. You can go for the is250. If not. The back sit space is small amd boot nt so big too. And the benz. It depends on the year you going for

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help Me If You Can, I'm Having Migraine Because Of This. by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:06pm On Dec 18, 2020
ES350. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Help Me If You Can, I'm Having Migraine Because Of This. by Gabbiecar: 7:19pm On Dec 18, 2020
Stay away from the Hyundai and Kias, their engines (the 2.4 and the 2.0 turbo are known to fail catastrophically due to a factory defect), you can get the Lexus if you're not a family man, the Benz w204 C300 (stay away from the w205 c class) is your best bet, they have proven to be pretty good with time ( you don't really need the 4matic version, one more part to fail), another good option is the 2010 Es350 or 2013 camry with the 2ar engine

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me If You Can, I'm Having Migraine Because Of This. by Pentools(m): 7:52pm On Dec 18, 2020
ahmstrng:

I dont have much experience with the other cars listed. But for is250. I can tell you its a pretty small uncomfortable car. Unless you are a bachelor or not looking to have enough crowd in your car. You can go for the is250. If not. The back sit space is small amd boot nt so big too. And the benz. It depends on the year you going for

You're absolutely correct on that, the trunk of the Is250 is quite small, despite the fact you can bend down the back seat, but it's still small on the inside nonetheless.

The Mercedes is c300 2008 upwards.
Re: Help Me If You Can, I'm Having Migraine Because Of This. by Pentools(m): 8:02pm On Dec 18, 2020
phrancys001:
Lexz makes senz

Any reason for the pick?
Re: Help Me If You Can, I'm Having Migraine Because Of This. by Pentools(m): 8:03pm On Dec 18, 2020
isholapeter9:
Lexus bro......

Why?
Re: Help Me If You Can, I'm Having Migraine Because Of This. by Pentools(m): 8:15pm On Dec 18, 2020
Gabbiecar:
Stay away from the Hyundai and Kias, their engines (the 2.4 and the 2.0 turbo are known to fail catastrophically due to a factory defect), you can get the Lexus if you're not a family man, the Benz w204 C300 (stay away from the w205 c class) is your best bet, they have proven to be pretty good with time ( you don't really need the 4matic version, one more part to fail), another good option is the 2010 Es350 or 2013 camry with the 2ar engine

From experience (might be wrong), I see c class to be the best of Mercedes Benz product in the aspect of economical, maintenance and durability. How do you mean 4matic version is one more part to fail?
Re: Help Me If You Can, I'm Having Migraine Because Of This. by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:18pm On Dec 18, 2020
Pentools:

From experience (might be wrong), I see c class to be the best of Mercedes Benz product in the aspect of economical, maintenance and durability. How do you mean 4matic version is one more part to fail?

You're very wrong. grin
Re: Help Me If You Can, I'm Having Migraine Because Of This. by mejai(m): 8:19pm On Dec 18, 2020
U never buy car, migraine don set in. grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me If You Can, I'm Having Migraine Because Of This. by Gabbiecar: 8:39pm On Dec 18, 2020
Getting the Rwd non 4matic w204 means he has two less shafts and the front shaft actually goes bad with time due to the bad condition of Nigerian roads and he might never get to use the 4wd feature of the 4matic sef, how many times did you use the 4matic feature of your Benz? Most Nigerians get the 4matic cos it sounds cool
Pentools:

3 Likes

Re: Help Me If You Can, I'm Having Migraine Because Of This. by Pentools(m): 9:23pm On Dec 18, 2020
Gabbiecar:
Getting the Rwd non 4matic w204 means he has two less shafts and the front shaft actually goes bad with time due to the bad condition of Nigerian roads and he might never get to use the 4wd feature of the 4matic sef, how many times did you use the 4matic feature of your Benz? Most Nigerians get the 4matic cos it sounds cool

Great enlightenment, what do you actually suggest?

My choice on Benz is C300 2008 converted or will be converted to 2010/2011.
Re: Help Me If You Can, I'm Having Migraine Because Of This. by Gabbiecar: 7:46am On Dec 19, 2020
Pentools:

Great enlightenment, what do you actually suggest?

My choice on Benz is C300 2008 converted or will be converted to 2010/2011.
that's actually good the Benz is a good pick, even if something goes wrong their are capable professionals to help you out and one last thing, pay for a comprehensive inspection and history report before paying for any car, all the best sir and hope you ain't having the migraine anymore?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Me If You Can, I'm Having Migraine Because Of This. by Pentools(m): 3:06pm On Dec 19, 2020
Gabbiecar:
that's actually good the Benz is a good pick, even if something goes wrong their are capable professionals to help you out and one last thing, pay for a comprehensive inspection and history report before paying for any car, all the best sir and hope you ain't having the migraine anymore?

What commonly go wrong in c300, what's the estimate cost in fixing it/them?

Moreso, what's the fuel economy like?
Re: Help Me If You Can, I'm Having Migraine Because Of This. by chuka5000(m): 4:26pm On Dec 20, 2020
Gabbiecar:

oga
sonata's engine is far better than that 2ar/2az u mentioned there.

to op
lexus IS model is cool but quite tight Inside.
the benz comes with normal benz wahala, ask people who used it. although the c300 get sense small but............

any of the two japmobils will go for me, but make sure u get a good technician to inspect with modern gadgets before paying.
Re: Help Me If You Can, I'm Having Migraine Because Of This. by Gabbiecar: 10:04pm On Dec 20, 2020
Pentools:

What commonly go wrong in c300, what's the estimate cost in fixing it/them?

Moreso, what's the fuel economy like?
the fuel economy is basically the same with the is250 and it's quite on the low side, the C300 comes with the usual Benz stress, just get a good technician and you will enjoy it
Re: Help Me If You Can, I'm Having Migraine Because Of This. by Gabbiecar: 10:04pm On Dec 20, 2020
chuka5000:

oga

to op
the benz comes with normal benz wahala, ask people who used it. although the c300 get sense small but............

any of the two japmobils will go for me, but make sure u get a good technician to inspect with modern gadgets before paying.
the sonata is Korean and the engine is known for its factory defect, the only defect the 2az has is shortening of oil and its not even all of them, but almost all sonatas with their gdi engine will always fail. Quote me anywhere sir

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me If You Can, I'm Having Migraine Because Of This. by Pentools(m): 2:47pm On Dec 21, 2020
chuka5000:

oga

to op

Sir, which one is japmobils, abi you mean Japanese?
Re: Help Me If You Can, I'm Having Migraine Because Of This. by nohalti: 6:03pm On Dec 21, 2020
Please don't have migraine ooo.
Re: Help Me If You Can, I'm Having Migraine Because Of This. by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:29pm On Dec 21, 2020
Pentools:

Nigeria Road...
Maintenance...
Prestige and class...

You never see migraine, buy car finish. You go experience better migraine
Re: Help Me If You Can, I'm Having Migraine Because Of This. by chuka5000(m): 8:36pm On Dec 21, 2020
Pentools:

Sir, which one is japmobils, abi you mean Japanese?
yep japanese cars
Re: Help Me If You Can, I'm Having Migraine Because Of This. by Pentools(m): 9:43pm On Dec 21, 2020
chuka5000:

yep
japanese cars

Why the choice?
Re: Help Me If You Can, I'm Having Migraine Because Of This. by chuka5000(m): 10:06pm On Dec 21, 2020
Pentools:

Why the choice?

maintenance cost

tech know how

parts

programming

Bros, Japs are the best for your day to day use
Re: Help Me If You Can, I'm Having Migraine Because Of This. by Kingsdave(m): 5:18am On Dec 22, 2020
You never buy car u de experience migrain.... u go experience better migrain when you make the wrong choice or when you buy a lemon car.... go for the Benz
Re: Help Me If You Can, I'm Having Migraine Because Of This. by Pentools(m): 11:00am On Dec 22, 2020
chuka5000:

maintenance cost

tech know how

parts

programming

Bros, Japs are the best for your day to day use

What two Japanese cars are you now talking about from the three I listed, if not Lexus Is250 only.
Re: Help Me If You Can, I'm Having Migraine Because Of This. by TheVictim01(m): 10:13pm On Dec 24, 2020
Pentools:

Nigeria Road...
Maintenance...
Prestige and class...

Your answer is a lexus is.
Re: Help Me If You Can, I'm Having Migraine Because Of This. by Pentools(m): 1:01pm On Dec 25, 2020
TheVictim01:

Your answer is a lexus is.

Any reason(s) for the pick?
Re: Help Me If You Can, I'm Having Migraine Because Of This. by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 25, 2020
Really sorry this is making you experience Migraine; It's good you giving it careful thought so as to get a nice, durable ride which would allow for peace of mind and for a longer duration without having to fix anything in quick intervals. I don't know much about cars but I do hope you get what you seek and even beyond your expectations

Congrats in advance on getting your new car; Wishing you a smooth and safe trip with your car at all times

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Prevent My Lexus Side Mirrors From Being Stolen- Happened Twice Alread / Toyota Camry Tiny Light Or Toyota Corolla 2003 / Mercedes-Benz Engineers Create Modern 190D BlueEFFICIENCY!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.