Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki (38500 Views)

Landlord Removes Tenant's Roof Over Unpaid Rent In Rivers / Heavy Rainfall Destroys Fence And Cars In Ibadan (Photos) / Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by SAMBARRY: 10:52am On Dec 19, 2020
lipsrsealed

Anger rests in the bosom of fools

Even if the landlord was on the right before he will now be the guilty one
Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by Openbusiness: 10:52am On Dec 19, 2020
See this guy, instead of you to approach your angry landlord for a peaceful resolution, you dey post for social media. Is it easy to be a Landlord in Lekki? Go and fight him na, that's when you will know that NIGERIA has 2 different Constitutions. The CONSTITUTION that has 100 pages with different sections that one is for poor people, but the 2nd Constitution is 1 page only and it says You can do anything and get away with it in Nigeria once you are very wealthy and have connections. One thing I have seen in this life is that it's the very Rich people that even need money pass the poor. Na rich man dey hustle pass, cuz they need more money to maintain their rich lifestyle. So no go dey reason am say because na Rich man wey get money him no need money. In Burna's voice Dangote still dey find money. Better go and reason with your landlord and make peace so he will consider giving you a grace period, instead of going in the direction of legal battle. You go dey shock when you find out say d judge wey go handle your case na the same Club him and your landlord belong grin grin grin. Me I no get time to dey follow person wey get money pass me dey drag on top him own property. No, peace is the solution.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by Kobicove(m): 10:52am On Dec 19, 2020
From the comments here I can tell the people who have never bought a bag of cement talkless of building a house undecided

4 Likes

Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by charlesucheh(m): 10:52am On Dec 19, 2020
Unless my lawyer is as daft as Buhari!
Dem no born me well make I no cash out!
wetin no spoil must spoil for my statement!
even my emotional and psychological bone marrow!!!
Aswearughad bruv!!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 19, 2020
According to Ghanaian landlord, you can't pay rent but you are feeding every day. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by Olatunjibaby: 10:53am On Dec 19, 2020
Highesschief1:
That was how one of my tenant that was owing me for over two years claiming he can't even feed his kids bought a new generator that is three times bigger than mine, got a court order and had him evicted, dude even got new furnitures, imagine living large in an apartment he is not paying for

It's painful when tenants don't pay rent but never take the laws into your hands

So much so. My father's tenant has not paid for more than 2 yrs running now. He was asked to leave and go with the money. He refused to move out. He was taken to court to be evicted and to our greatest surprise this guy had money to hire a lawyer. Hearing is in February 2021
Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by DarkJeddi(m): 10:54am On Dec 19, 2020
onuman:

Serves the tenant right.

If you can’t pay rent wherever you occupy, return to your village and develop your village.

Don’t occupy someone’s landed property without paying rent and ask the landlord to go to court in order to eject you from the property - you are wicked for doing that.
If them occupy him property,let him go through the proper channels to evict the tenant..
You don't seek your right through an act of wanton illegality..

1 Like

Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by naijadrivablog: 10:54am On Dec 19, 2020
Where would she get money to pay you. Even the Bible is clear on this issue.
Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by jaxxy(m): 10:56am On Dec 19, 2020
Some landlords are touts in disguise. U own the house doesn’t give u right to destroy anybody’s property Inside it. What if the guy destroys ur house how wud u feel
Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 19, 2020
post=97210228:
Video of Celebrity hairstylist, Destiny’s shop tossed over by his landlord has caught the attention of Nigerians and is quickly going viral.

According to Destiny, he has worked in the shop for the past 5 years and has never owned the landlord until the outbreak of COVID-19 that led to the lockdown of the country.

He said the closure of shops during the lockdown period is the reason for his inability to pay his rent and his landlord is not buying that as a reason thus why he destroyed his shop.

In the video, the shop was tossed upside down with most working materials destroyed.

Watch video below;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1GHINknujQ

Landlord don buy market. Reminds me of that case in Onitsha, wherein the landlord removed the roofing sheets of the warehouse, due to the lessee's inability/refusal to pay rent.
Unfortunately, it rained later that day, and the rain destroyed the goods stored in the warehouse.

Conclusion of the matter was that the landlord sold the warehouse and other personal belongings to pay damages.

Self help is never the answer. If it backfires, "had I know" is always too late.
Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by Sarmiz24(m): 10:57am On Dec 19, 2020
modsAREuselesss:
bro na naija u dey, them don shoot plenty like that and nothing happen. u think say na europe u dey.? may una continue to dey claim right anyhow na.
Lol guy I know ur type nah only for online una Dey brah shiit, just pray say make u no meet tenant like me Omo aswear u go chop beating untop ur rent money, even if don rugged u finish I go still control my boyz make don come still kala u join... Omo if u mistakenly get houz use ur head o aje cuz e get why

1 Like

Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by Womanizer(m): 10:57am On Dec 19, 2020
2cribz:
lawyers go cash out. The owner of the shop must sue him for 20m in damages

kufreabasi86191:
Kai, this landlord has bought market.He should have gone through the proper process of evicting tenants. No it is his loss.

Sarmiz24:

Lol guy I know ur type nah only for online una Dey brah shiit, just pray say make u no meet tenant like me Omo aswear u go chop beating untop ur rent money, even if don rugged u finish I go still control my boyz make don come still kala u join... Omo if u mistakenly get houz use ur head o aje cuz e get why

Story!
Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by hermesprogidy(m): 10:57am On Dec 19, 2020
modsAREuselesss:
bro na naija u dey, them don shoot plenty like that and nothing happen. u think say na europe u dey.? may una continue to dey claim right anyhow na.
I guess you are in Nigeria. Please shoot someone and see if you will go scot-free.

1 Like

Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by pseudonomer: 10:58am On Dec 19, 2020
freeborn02:
It is simple. They will calculate what he destroyed and use his tendency money to replace them.

If the tenancy money doesn't cover all the things he destroyed, they will sell his shoes and clothes to cover the remaining cost.

If he doesn't has any court order to do that... then the landlord is in serious problem...
Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by onuman: 10:58am On Dec 19, 2020
Highesschief1:
That was how one of my tenant that was owing me for over two years claiming he can't even feed his kids bought a new generator that is three times bigger than mine, got a court order and had him evicted, dude even got new furnitures, imagine living large in an apartment he is not paying for

It's painful when tenants don't pay rent but never take the laws into your hands

In bold: many tenants willfully owe arrears of rent and expect landlord to go to court to eject them knowing fully that the court process takes years to end.

Anywhere in the world, cost of accommodation takes the greatest chunk of a worker’s monthly income.

Building a house is expensive.
If a worker finds it difficult to pay rent, the worker must vacate the premises.

7 Likes

Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 19, 2020
freeborn02:
It is simple. They will calculate what he destroyed and use his tendency money to replace them.

If the tenancy money doesn't cover all the things he destroyed, they will sell his shoes and clothes to cover the remaining cost.
Hahaha, who told you? The landlord must have even call the police. He refused to pay his rent and refused to leave, that's trespassing.
Na naija you dey oh.

4 Likes

Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by obi58: 10:58am On Dec 19, 2020
What he should have done was to play the waiting game:

1. Serve the guy quit notice 1 month in advance..
2. Send the guy a reminder 1 week to eviction date that after eviction date emergency roof and house repair works will commence and he should make all necessary steps to vacate the premises on or before said eviction date as he will not be held liable for any loss or damages the tenant may incur if the date is breached.
3. After Due date, take off the roof from the tenants house and cut off water and electricity supply.

QED grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by hakeem4(m): 10:59am On Dec 19, 2020
modsAREuselesss:
typical useless broke nigerian. u pissed the landlord off, he gets angry and destroys, u come online to form victim. he is suppose to shoot u
so destroying his property is the solution?
Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by Dagger111(m): 10:59am On Dec 19, 2020
freeborn02:

That man's shoes and clothes won't worth 50k.
Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 19, 2020
2cribz:
You're trespassing on someone's property and you are talking about sue. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by hermesprogidy(m): 11:00am On Dec 19, 2020
Sarmiz24:

Don't mind that pussy guy. House that can be burnt down. You haven't seen tenants from hell.
Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by millionboi2: 11:00am On Dec 19, 2020
2cribz:
she own him

The agreement between you and landlord is that u will pay your rent
Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by Rhado: 11:01am On Dec 19, 2020
modsAREuselesss:
typical useless broke nigerian. u pissed the landlord off, he gets angry and destroys, u come online to form victim. he is suppose to shoot u

How do people reason like this
Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by AmazingELixir: 11:01am On Dec 19, 2020
modsAREuselesss:

Where diju keep your sense...please find it
Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by MyGeneration(m): 11:02am On Dec 19, 2020
As much as the landlord is wrong guy leave his shop na. U can't pay rent why not park out

1 Like

Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by Womanizer(m): 11:02am On Dec 19, 2020
hermesprogidy:

Don't mind that pussy guy. House that can be burnt down. You haven't seen tenants from hell.

Any tenant who dares set fire to my house I will hang him upside down and light a fire beneath him!

1 Like

Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by Oluwaseun2020(m): 11:03am On Dec 19, 2020
The frustration in the land. is real... God is real... Even rich men are disturbed by Covid 19 Even president are feeling the heat Its time we depend 90% on God Human power is becoming less and less effective in solving world problems

1 Like

Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 19, 2020
hakeem4:
so destroying his property is the solution?
It is not the solution but he should have strike a deal like paying something for the main time even if you want to leave the property after now you can.
You negotiate with things like this not running your mouth I am sure that's why the landlord acted that way.

2 Likes

Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 19, 2020
Okay, now he'll claim you destroyed items worth 10m. Since he has video evidence, the landlord totally lost it.
Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by onuman: 11:05am On Dec 19, 2020
A Federal Road Safety Commission personnel has been occupying my uncle’s house and refuses to pay rent in the last 8 months.

Can someone please explain the process to eject him from the house.

He feels above every one as he is a uniform officer.

1 Like

Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by millionboi2: 11:05am On Dec 19, 2020
Babapyro:

Exactly o,by now e don see his madness on top instablog and many lawyers don dey offer the shop owner pro bono services to sue his ass sef.
His head go don correct now
if I'm the landlord lawyer,I will turn the case around.

As far as she owns d landlord forget it.

1 Like

Re: Destiny’s Shop: Angry Landlord Destroys Tenant’s Salon Over Unpaid Rent In Lekki by keeper303: 11:06am On Dec 19, 2020
youngwarlocks:
I am owing my landlord too but the man is quite reasonable and understanding and knows that I don't normally owe him, things just get as e be now.

I don't keep mute and pretend as if I don't owe him, I always talk to him about it and assure him that once I get the money I will settle him first.
Thank God for an understanding landlord.

That is how a responsible tenant behaves. If you investigate very well, you will find out that the landlord would have tried to reach out to the tenant without success. Some tenants will keep quiet and assume the landlord should understand the tenants plight. When you owe your landlord, the best advice is to reach out to him, plead to be given specific time frame to offset your rent. Most landlords are understanding and will acceed to reasonable requests.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Eko Atlantic: Champagne Pearl Tower - 30 Floors & Black Pearl Tower / Port Harcourt Landlord Locks Out Electricity Company Over Rent / Developing The Top Luxury Apartments and Penthouses In Ikoyi Lagos Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.