Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,034 members, 7,803,478 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality (2441 Views)

Reply From The Guy Whose Claim To Jilt A Girl On His Wedding Day!! / Rape: Questions To Ask Before Believing A Rape Claim. / 16-Year-Old Boy Impregnates 33-Year-Old Girlfriend - Twitter Users Claim(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Sixfeetbelle: 8:01am On Dec 19, 2020
"Can a lady not be raped even though she went willingly to a hotel room with a guy?"

I kept asking this question last night when that topic about the singer and that doctor made front page but no one could give me a logical answer and it shocked me to realise how sick and depraved our morality is in this country. Most of the response I kept getting was "She's a paid LovePeddler" the instant dismissal clear in their reply and it worried me how low our empathy is.

There was even comments that concluded she was chasing clout because she wasn't paid full amount (even though the guy didn't pay anything), citing examples of how loose ladies can be, as if it's enough justification for one getting raped.

So I wondered, is the possibility that impossible? Is it so hard to conjecture such a claim being true? Can a prostitute be invited to a hotel room by a client and not get raped or do we only judge these rape cases by the 'uprightness' of the victim? We know some ladies have been raped this way, lured to a place with a promise of money or fun and raped, so how much more a prostitute? Or is a prostitute not a human being that her claims are being dropped like hot coals? Are we this judgemental and heartless?

Some even became judge, jury and executioner, using the chats as evidence for their conviction with silly comments like: "There's no evidence she was raped in the chat, so therefore, it didn't happen." Have you ever heard of a murder case being convicted using only chats so how do expect a rape charge to be convicted in such manner? Are rape cases verbal exchanges that ordinary chats can prove or disprove it? Seriously!

To incite the accusation flame, the mods brought up the second part of the claim with a very controversial topic: "She asked me to pay $1000." and that seemed to seal the deal for the rest of you. Which makes me wonder: "Does being paid high mean you deserve anything that comes to you? Can a prostitute not be invited to a hotel for $100 and still get raped?

This situation leaves a bad taste in my mouth when I think of me ever being in this scenario and getting asked this annoying question: "Did you not go there willingly?" I ask: does my willingness to spend the night with a guy in his room cover getting raped and being dismissed so cruelly? Is that what Nigerians understand 'consent' to mean?

I won't be surprised to receive responses that goes along the lines of: "What were you expecting when you went to his hotel room?" Not rape, obviously, but Nigerians don't reason past their noses and it's becoming evident as the days go by. As far you went into a secluded spot with a guy, getting raped is on all you, no matter what.

And yet we wonder why rape victims don't say anything until years later.

First, I learnt that visiting a guy in his house means you are there for sex even when you aren't, so getting raped is your fault. Pulling my armour on, I cancelled that because apparently when guys claim not all of them are after sex from every lady they meet, that's not really true. Given the right circumstances, they can do and undo. So, a lady has to put up defences.

Now, I have come up to another thing to scratch off my to-do list while adding more armour to my defense.

Never go on a date with a guy at a hotel restaurant. Why? I'll give you a possible scenario my mind has managed to devise between last night's travesty and this morning.

Despite what it seems like, drugging someone on a date is actually quite easy. Getting them up to your room, easier. So invariably, you can't imagine how easy it is to rape them when they're inebriated/knocked out. Do you know the worst part about all of this? No one would believe a rape claim because: "She willingly went to the hotel restaurant with you!"

At the end, the question remains unanswered.

Does willingness to go to a private spot with a guy mean consent?

2 Likes

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by khingTony(m): 8:17am On Dec 19, 2020
She was not raped, the guy did not pay her the agreed amount, then, feeling cheated, she decided to claim she was "raped"

Stop defending an Olosho angry

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by demmymoney(m): 8:27am On Dec 19, 2020
TRULY THE PUSSY IS A WOMAN'S POWER

AS LONG AS U COLLECT MONEY PLEASE DONT COME AND VISIT SAYING BLAH BLAH RAPED U

HE RAPED U AND U STILL COLLECT HIM MONEY,WHICH KIND OF MONKEY WORK BABOON CHOP B THAT

MOST RAPE ALLEGATIONS ESPECIALLY BETWEEN TWO ADULTS ARE ALWAYS FALSE

4 Likes

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Camelot65: 8:48am On Dec 19, 2020
But I learnt they agreed to have paid sex na

So, she had to wait till he couldn't pay up to make a rape allegation against him?

Na una sabi sha.

2 Likes

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Bornsinner7: 8:51am On Dec 19, 2020
I just think rape is now an instrument used by the female gender to blackmail the males..

3 Likes

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by tobechi74: 9:14am On Dec 19, 2020
This has to do with the way the society feel entitled to a woman body.
Women who have been raised religiously have been taught in some way by socializing influences, that they do not exist for themselves. They are to keep themselves holy and covered up, and to wait patiently in their fathers’ houses until a man approaches said fathers for marriage. It is in all the biblical stories and anecdotes describing model women of faith and religious principles.

This is problematic because not only would the woman lack individuality, there are no boundaries of consent. There would be nothing that says that she can say no to her husband. In Nigeria currently the law does not recognize marital rape as rape. So even when it feels like rape, when she knows that it is rape, when there is physical evidence of rape, she says nothing because she has been conditioned to think that the man has only taken what was his in the first place.  

Good girl/ Bad Girl Binary

Purity culture divides women into two groups ; the good girls and the bad girls and pray to God you don’t fall into the latter group. When a girl who is seen as a bad girl is abused sexually or physically, people see it as a punishment for her behaviour

https://tobechispeaks./2020/09/08/the-monster-we-feed/

2 Likes

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by MJBOLT: 9:27am On Dec 19, 2020
you even get time to read all that nonsense

khingTony:
She was not raped, the guy did not pay her the agreed amount, then, feeling cheated, she decided to claim she was "raped"

5 Likes

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Shortyy(f): 9:28am On Dec 19, 2020
You know what? I've given up on this topic.

If only women can respect themselves, set high standards for themselves, tell me how they'll be treated like trash, and taken advantage of?

When you know your worth and your standards, you'll not be taken for granted and mistreated.

And just so you know, Nigerian men know nothing about consent. They're toxic, rude, and disrespectful.

They believe women are toys and objects of satisfaction.

Women should either stay on their own or continue to be subjected to this perpetual suffering by Nigerian men.

2 Likes

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Sixfeetbelle: 9:29am On Dec 19, 2020
khingTony:

Focus on my question, please. There was a reason I didn't put the link of that story here.

1 Like

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Sixfeetbelle: 9:29am On Dec 19, 2020
demmymoney:
TRULY THE PUSSY IS A WOMAN'S POWER

AS LONG AS U COLLECT MONEY PLEASE DONT COME AND VISIT SAYING BLAH BLAH RAPED U

HE RAPED U AND U STILL COLLECT HIM MONEY,WHICH KIND OF MONKEY WORK BABOON CHOP B THAT

MOST RAPE ALLEGATIONS ESPECIALLY BETWEEN TWO ADULTS ARE ALWAYS FALSE

But if she didn't collect the money, nko?
Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Sixfeetbelle: 9:30am On Dec 19, 2020
Camelot65:
But I learnt they agreed to have paid sex na

So, she had to wait till he couldn't pay up to make a rape allegation against him?

Na una sabi sha.

She can make her claim when she feels confident enough to, but that is aside. Focus on my question, please
Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by demmymoney(m): 9:31am On Dec 19, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

But if she didn't collect the money, nko?

Then she should be taken seriously
Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Sixfeetbelle: 9:32am On Dec 19, 2020
Shortyy:
You know what? I've given up on this topic.

If only women can respect themselves, set high standards for themselves, tell me how they'll be treated like trash, and taken advantage of?

When you know your worth and your standards, you'll not be taken for granted and mistreated.

You can still be taken advantage of, even on top knowing all your worth. But that is not my question.
Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Sixfeetbelle: 9:36am On Dec 19, 2020
MJBOLT:
you even get time to read all that nonsense

You'll call it nonsense cause you're like the kind of men that perpetuate these crimes. As far as you are concerned, once a lady is alone with you in any private setting, you have right over her body and any protest by her is met with brute force. That, my friend, is rape. It doesn't matter who the woman is.

1 Like

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 19, 2020
Yes she can. But she cannot prove it conclusively. And any evidence becomes an "I said, you said" situation. So it's better she doesn't do so.

And knowing that it is so easy to get drugged and raped once a woman meets a man in a hotel or his home, why is it so difficult for women to stop meeting men in hotels or at home? That alone implies complicit behaviour, if not consent. Unless the woman has a very good alternative reason to be in that hotel, almost all rape accusations are in fact, regret sex.

The reason why the dynamics are changing is because modern women somehow feel entitled to a skewed justice system. The destruction of a man's life due to a false rape accusation is not conceived to be as important as the emotional distress of a woman who is raped. This is wrong and should stop. The lives of innocent men must not be sacrificed at the altar of female aspirations for revenge and superiority.

8 Likes

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Shortyy(f): 9:38am On Dec 19, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

You can still be taken advantage of, even on top knowing all your worth. But that is not my question.

The point is when you know your worth, and set a high standard for yourself, you'll hardly be taken for a ride. Even when it happens, the law will back you up, because they know your standard.

Now to your question, I already modified my post. Nigerian men are ruthless, and the only way to match their ruthlessness is setting a high standard for yourself.

Nothing can be done because to them a woman is nothing but an object of satisfaction. It is left for you to change that narrative.

1 Like

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by virginprincess(f): 9:38am On Dec 19, 2020
Many nairalanders have very low iq, so they won't understand what the op is trying to say, instead they would start bashing him like what some naught commenters above me are doing right now.

2 Likes

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by MJBOLT: 9:40am On Dec 19, 2020
when a hoe doesnt get paid for sex,she comes online to claim rape,i'm glad that man had multiple evidence to prove his innocence.your rant doesnt suprise me,women are hoes so defending hoes is normal for you.

Sixfeetbelle:

You'll call it nonsense cause you're like the kind of men that perpetuate these crimes. As far as you are concerned, once a lady is alone with you in any private setting, you have right over her body and any protest by her is met with brute force. That, my friend, is rape. It doesn't matter who the woman is.

9 Likes

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by LotaTee: 9:40am On Dec 19, 2020
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Sixfeetbelle: 9:40am On Dec 19, 2020
demmymoney:

Then she should be taken seriously

But Nigerians don't think like that and I want to find out why.
Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Sixfeetbelle: 9:43am On Dec 19, 2020
MJBOLT:
when a hoe doesnt get paid for sex,she comes online to claim rape,i'm glad that man had multiple evidence to prove his innocence.your rant doesnt suprise me,women are hoes so defending hoes is normal for you.

Forget that story and focus on my question.

Why is her claim being dismissed?
Is it because she's a prostitute?
Can a prostitute not be raped?
Does the fact that she willingly went into the room with him mean he couldn't have raped her?

2 Likes

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by demmymoney(m): 9:45am On Dec 19, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

But Nigerians don't think like that and I want to find out why.

Because most of the times is false allegations and the female collects money
Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by MJBOLT: 9:46am On Dec 19, 2020
your question is baseless because the lady was never raped and i'm sure we all know what rape is and anybody can be raped.

Sixfeetbelle:

Forget that story and focus on my question.

Why is her claim being dismissed?
Is it because she's a prostitute?
Can a prostitute not be raped?
Does the fact that she willingly went into the room with him mean he couldn't have raped her?

8 Likes

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 19, 2020
tobechi74:
This has to do with the way the society feel entitled to a woman body.
Women who have been raised religiously have been taught in some way by socializing influences, that they do not exist for themselves. They are to keep themselves holy and covered up, and to wait patiently in their fathers’ houses until a man approaches said fathers for marriage. It is in all the biblical stories and anecdotes describing model women of faith and religious principles.

This is problematic because not only would the woman lack individuality, there are no boundaries of consent. There would be nothing that says that she can say no to her husband. In Nigeria currently the law does not recognize marital rape as rape. So even when it feels like rape, when she knows that it is rape, when there is physical evidence of rape, she says nothing because she has been conditioned to think that the man has only taken what was his in the first place.  

Good girl/ Bad Girl Binary

Purity culture divides women into two groups ; the good girls and the bad girls and pray to God you don’t fall into the latter group. When a girl who is seen as a bad girl is abused sexually or physically, people see it as a punishment for her behaviour

https://tobechispeaks./2020/09/08/the-monster-we-feed/

It has nothing to do with any gender power struggle. It has to do with eliminating injustice. Men have as much right to be protected from false rape accusations as women do from actual rape. A better question would have been:

"Can a man not be alone with a woman in a hotel room without her accusing him falsely of rape?"

Especially a wealthy man or one with celebrity status.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Sixfeetbelle: 9:49am On Dec 19, 2020
RisenPhoenix1:
Yes she can. But she cannot prove it conclusively. And any evidence becomes an "I said, you said" situation. So it's better she doesn't do so.

And knowing that it is so easy to get drugged and raped once a woman meets a man in a hotel or his home, why is it so difficult for women to stop meeting men in hotels or at home? That alone implies complicit behaviour, if not consent. Unless the woman has a very good alternative reason to be in that hotel, almost all rape accusations are in fact, regret sex.

The reason why the dynamics are changing is because modern women somehow feel entitled to a skewed justice system. The destruction of a man's life due to a false rape accusation is not conceived to be as important as the emotional distress of a woman who is raped. This is wrong and should stop. The lives of innocent men must not be sacrificed at the altar of female aspirations for revenge and superiority.

Women keep meeting men in hotels and restaurants cause it's a social thing nowadays. It's 'jet age' to go on dates and hangout and whatnot. Gone are the days ladies stayed at home to wait for their bethroted. Now, they have to go out there and meet them. But meeting them in these places doesn't mean they agree to the dark side of these meets despite how it looks.

But I do get a few things from all you've said.

So in order for it not to termed a false rape accusation, it's best to not be complicit then? Don't meet a guy anywhere and you're safe?
Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Sixfeetbelle: 9:51am On Dec 19, 2020
MJBOLT:
your question is baseless because the lady was never raped and i'm sure we all know what rape is and anybody can be raped.

How can you be sure she wasn't raped? Are you dismissing her claims because she's a prostitute?
Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Sixfeetbelle: 9:52am On Dec 19, 2020
demmymoney:

Because most of the times is false allegations and the female collects money

So the majority cancels the minority then?

For fear of you being tagged falsely of accusing someone of rape charges, keep quiet and don't say anything?
Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by MJBOLT: 9:54am On Dec 19, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/6321116/leaked-chat-shows-singer-queency
Sixfeetbelle:

How can you be sure she wasn't raped? Are you dismissing her claims because she's a prostitute?

1 Like

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by demmymoney(m): 9:55am On Dec 19, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

So the majority cancels the minority then?

For fear of you being tagged falsely of accusing someone of rape charges, keep quiet and don't say anything?

Yes especially between two responsible adults

It's DEMOCRACY MY DEAR

MAJORITY CARRIES THE WIN
Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Sixfeetbelle: 9:58am On Dec 19, 2020
MJBOLT:
https://www.nairaland.com/6321116/leaked-chat-shows-singer-queency

I don't need the link to make my point so please stop using it to reply me. My post is based on a comment which I clearly stated at the beginning of my post.

Before this part of the story surfaced, you people insisted it wasn't true and that she wasn't raped. I want to know the reason why? Is it because she's a prostitute?
Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by Sixfeetbelle: 10:00am On Dec 19, 2020
demmymoney:

Yes especially between two responsible adults

It's DEMOCRACY MY DEAR

MAJORITY CARRIES THE WIN

Too bad that this is our belief and system.

How, then, do we expect raped victims to speak up if the cards are stacked against them? How do we even attempt to stop rape culture if we are so dismissal/indifferent about rape claims?

1 Like

Re: Rape Claim And The Nigerian Morality by MJBOLT: 10:00am On Dec 19, 2020
this girl sef undecided
I already proved my point,find the people that said such and ask them.

Sixfeetbelle:

I don't need the link to make my point so please stop using it to reply me. My post is based on a comment which I clearly stated at the beginning of my post.

Before this part of the story surfaced, you people insisted it wasn't true and that she wasn't raped. I want to know the reason why? Is it because she's a prostitute?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Exactly Could Lead A Man Into Extramarital Affairs Even Though He Has Wife / How To Lastlong During Sex / Should I Leave Her Or Continue Chasing Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.