Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,897 members, 7,798,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (851038 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Deohlarh20: 1:08pm On Jan 15, 2021
Pleaseeeeeee��is there's anyone that is no longer planning to do their medicals and you booked this month please I need or if you want to swap your appointment date or if you know anyone one that wants to please reply me .Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by skull4eva: 1:14pm On Jan 15, 2021
[quote author=klique post=98078255][/quote]
I beg to differ sir. 30k cad is 9m plus with the present exchange rate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TheShaman: 1:24pm On Jan 15, 2021
My initial SOP/LOE was quite vague as it was based on a friend's own who wrote hers in Early 2018 when things were a bit less stringent at the time. I made sure I addressed everything that could be a potential cause for concern on the V.O's part concerning the application - from a proper study plan to establishing why the MSc was a natural continuance of my academic and career pursuits.

As for the Financial aspect, I had a lot of documents to submit but I was held back by the 4MB limit of the Online Application for my first application. I ended up leaving out some crucial documents (the bank reference letter for the company account stating my sponsor was the sole signatory to the account). I also sent some of the documents to Nairobi via webforms but it turned out that it was Shanghai that handled my file (my refusal letter was from there). For the new application, I made sure all important documents (including new ones such as a family tree and past evidence of financial support) were included and my sponsor's Letter of Support addressed every possible concern and included things I left out in the first application (number of dependents being one of such things). In the end, it's about recognizing where the shortcomings of your application are (thinking like the V.O so to say) and working to solving them. My situation may not necessarily be how yours is so you might need to request your GCMS notes to understand the particular cause of concern to the V.O (I didn't do this for mine but that's just me, I do advise you to request for it). I hope this helps. Best of luck!

Oluwaseyitanfun:
Congrats..

Kindly assist as I just got a refusal for based on your reasons for initial refusal too, including my travel history.

I want to reapply too, can you please, put me through? To think I got denied at the US embassy today too (2 refusals in a day). It's well.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ericksen(m): 1:27pm On Jan 15, 2021
Omo PPR everywhere!!
Congratulations guys.
As for those that were refused. You can't give up now. So sorry!
Order your GCMS and refire!!
It will surely end in praise.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by degxyflexy: 1:29pm On Jan 15, 2021
Good Afternoon Bro, please I sent you a DM
akinajibola:

Congrats Otunba

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TheShaman: 1:29pm On Jan 15, 2021
No need to pay any transmission fee once your biometrics was done at VFS Abuja and you intend on sending your passport there. Just send all the necessary documents.

mazeb:

What if you used Abuja for your 1st application that was rejected and you are now using Abuja for PPR for a 2nd application that has been approved.

do you still pay transmission fee ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Babyboy2020: 1:52pm On Jan 15, 2021
awys:

I submitted both my account and my sponsor (mum) cuz she transfered some funds into my account for my studies and explained then did a gift deed to the effect.I haven't heard anything from them since I submitted the required documents.

how much did you present for proof of funds
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anamekele: 1:56pm On Jan 15, 2021
I just got my stamped passport now.
To God be the glory.
I sent my passport to Abuja on the 4th and it returned unstamped because I didn't pay transmission fee due to someone's advice that they will contact me to pay. They didn't instead they returned it. I had pay the transmission fee, pay couriers one way and paid #12570 to vfs for return.
My advice is that people should take note of this so that it won't happen to them.
My application was refused 5 times , my admission expired 2 times, I kept hope alive .
I went to court for judicial review and won.
Finally it ended in praise . Don't give up hold onto your dream with clean hands and clean .
May God bless you all.

27 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by degxyflexy: 1:56pm On Jan 15, 2021
Good Afternoon House, please I need a sample of bond letter by employer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by FrostyButter: 1:56pm On Jan 15, 2021
Lekiboboe:

You are welcome

Alright

A 6 months bank statement having $30K CAD (with good inflow & outflow)

Your Sponsor should avoid any form of Lump Sum of money in his/her account, if that happens, it must be well-explained in your SOP why there is a lump sum of money in your Sponsor's account.

The 12 months you see there means the account of your Sponsor should have bank transaction history of 12 months or more. For a sponsor to Solidify his/her MybankStatement Ticket, a Bank reference letter from your Sponsor's bank would be essential.

See this

Bank Reference Letter to Solidify MybankStatement Certificate/Ticket
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/57#97708077

Thank you so much kind stranger. You have answered a lot of issues for me. I would tell my sponsor to try to ensure a minimum of 30k is in her account for the 6 month period. Would rather just take the ielts and use the NSE.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Omanda: 2:06pm On Jan 15, 2021
Congratulations
God will remember us that is waiting with an approval..
I tap from this Goodness
charmmingcas:
Hello house,
I have been a silent reader on this forum.My application just got approved this morning.I have been tapping into other people’s testimonies on this platform.Mine has finally arrived.God is faithful!!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ericksen(m): 2:08pm On Jan 15, 2021
5times?
WOW!
You are really a testimony to behold.
Go and conquer!!
Anamekele:
To God be the glory.
I sent my passport to Abuja on the 4th and it returned unstamped because I didn't pay transmission fee due to someone's advice that they will contact me to pay. They didn't instead they returned it. I had pay the transmission fee, pay couriers one way and paid #12570 to vfs for return.
My advice is that people should take note of this so that it won't happen to them.
My application was refused 5 times , my admission expired 2 times, I kept hope alive .
Finally it ended in praise . Don't give up hold onto your dream with clean hands and clean .
May God bless you all.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Beulahmoyo: 2:10pm On Jan 15, 2021
@ frankrobbn1
Please I need your help, I sent you an email .
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 2:11pm On Jan 15, 2021
Anamekele:
To God be the glory.
May God bless you all.

IT HAS ENDED IN PRAISES

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sleekcheek: 2:26pm On Jan 15, 2021
Congrats!!!

Please confirm how much you paid for the transmission fee. Thanks

Anamekele:
To God be the glory.
May God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by degxyflexy: 2:32pm On Jan 15, 2021
Good Afternoon House, please I need a sample of bond letter by employer. ( Quote ) (Report ) author=Lekiboboe post=98084368]
You are welcome

Alright

A 6 months bank statement having $30K CAD (with good inflow & outflow)

Your Sponsor should avoid any form of Lump Sum of money in his/her account, if that happens, it must be well-explained in your SOP why there is a lump sum of money in your Sponsor's account.

The 12 months you see there means the account of your Sponsor should have bank transaction history of 12 months or more. For a sponsor to Solidify his/her MybankStatement Ticket, a Bank reference letter from your Sponsor's bank would be essential.

See this

Bank Reference Letter to Solidify MybankStatement Certificate/Ticket
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/57#97708077[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 2:32pm On Jan 15, 2021
Babyboy2020:

how much did you present for proof of funds
I calculated my tuition fees+10k living expenses+3k extra to the exchange rate as at when I applied so this was 24kcad+ this amount was in my own account as my POF then I also presented my sponsor accounts too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yteem: 2:36pm On Jan 15, 2021
mazeb:

What if you used Abuja for your 1st application that was rejected and you are now using Abuja for PPR for a 2nd application that has been approved.

I THINK transmission fee will still be paid.

I stand to be corrected as I am not sure of this.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by tracy0803409: 2:40pm On Jan 15, 2021
Please House, I intend applying for a visa with my son that is just a year old, I was adviced here to apply with my son, I intend using the NSE route, pls kindly suggest reasons why I need my son to accompany me, because reasons will definitely be needed
Thanks so much family, it will surely end in praise, Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 2:42pm On Jan 15, 2021
Yteem:

I THINK transmission fee will still be paid.

I stand to be corrected as I am not sure of this.

Transmission fee only comes to play if u didnt do the Biometrics in that centre...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by angels1: 2:42pm On Jan 15, 2021
request for gcms note then make your decision. these notes can take up to 40 days to get delivered to you.
xprimate:
Good day happy people.

A sad one, I got denied today.

The reason given are stated below:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

I applied for a PGD program with sufficient funds.

Please how do I tackle this and bounce back.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Akannitommy: 2:44pm On Jan 15, 2021
Yes, the only exception is if the biometric was taken at that centre for that particular application. For subsequent applications that got to approval/PPR, you will need to pay for transmission fee. This applies even if you are submitting at the same centre where you gave your biometric in the preceding application. That is what I believe from the past experiences of people here and those I know personnaly.

UPDATED: If you submit paper application, everytime you do (not if this only apply to submitting at a different location than before) you will have to pay for biometric transmission fee even at the point of application. If you get PPR.Approval, and decide to submit passport from a different centre, be ready to pay for a transmission fee as well.

mazeb:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ConradAce1(m): 2:51pm On Jan 15, 2021
Elizdee:

Well... I didn’t do any amendment on my second application. I felt the visa officer that handled the first was not God sent . I submitted the same SOP and other documents like that and backed it up with prayers and fasting. If you see me now, I am now slim ontop fasting. But God is good.

I keep saying my case is different.. God broke all protocols and procedures for my sake. He made a miraculous way for me

What God cannot do does not exist!

Wow, this astonishing. You got that favor.
God is wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by unilag100(m): 2:52pm On Jan 15, 2021
Gurus in the house, pls I need your help in explaining something to me.

Traveling using the NSE route, one of the requirements is 30,000 Cad. My question now is that, this 30,000 cad, will it be in my account or my sponsor account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by klique(f): 2:58pm On Jan 15, 2021
Yes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ConradAce1(m): 3:00pm On Jan 15, 2021
ditha:
Hi,

My case is a unique one.
I got a fully funded scholarship so when my visa was refused in September everyone was shocked even my scholarship foundation and my research supervisor.

I was refused based on family ties, finance and purpose of visit.

I didn't submit any new document in my new application,
I just added few pictures from my wedding and a letter of explanation.

Also for the NSE documents, when I told my scholarship sponsors, they told me not to write IELTS ,they just provided a letter of explanation for me to upload.
P.s: I have already completed one term online in Nigeria because I resumed on 8th September 2020 and opted for an online study

Wow. Thanks. This Thing is getting super complicated. One would only have to do one’s part and pray hard.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Deohlarh20: 3:03pm On Jan 15, 2021
FrostyButter:
For NSE, is it possible to you a sponsor abroad? Has anyone tried this? Also i have an option of using a grand aunt as a sponsor. Would this surfice for nse?

Yes I used my cousin as a sponsor and she lives and works in the US .Just have enough proof that you're related ,an affidavit of sponsorship from her that's stamped in court ,then her bank statement then lay stubs if possible but also explain cause the mybankstatement is only for people in Nigeria so maybe you should write a letter that she is not in Nigeria or doesn't have a Nigerian bank account .You can do more research tho I hope this helps a little .Good luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ConradAce1(m): 3:06pm On Jan 15, 2021
ditha:
Hi,

My case is a unique one.
I got a fully funded scholarship so when my visa was refused in September everyone was shocked even my scholarship foundation and my research supervisor.

I was refused based on family ties, finance and purpose of visit.

I didn't submit any new document in my new application,
I just added few pictures from my wedding and a letter of explanation.

Also for the NSE documents, when I told my scholarship sponsors, they told me not to write IELTS ,they just provided a letter of explanation for me to upload.
P.s: I have already completed one term online in Nigeria because I resumed on 8th September 2020 and opted for an online study

Please One last demand from the secretary of the 2nd applicants association. Lol. Ok if you share the list of manuscripts you submitted?
How you displayed progression in studies & career.
How you substantiated your finances & family ties in your LOE
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anamekele: 3:09pm On Jan 15, 2021
sleekcheek:
Congrats!!!

You read what I said.
However, for more clarification I paid #7430 for transmission and #12570 for return Envelope.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anamekele: 3:23pm On Jan 15, 2021
sleekcheek:
Congrats!!!

You can read it again. I said that I paid 12570 for return Envelope
Also I paid #7430 for transmission fee.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sleekcheek: 3:26pm On Jan 15, 2021
I got the courier payment, transmission amount was not stated. Thanks for the clarification

Anamekele:

You can read it again. I said that I paid 12570 for return Envelope
Also I paid #7430 for transmission fee.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ConradAce1(m): 3:31pm On Jan 15, 2021
OtunbaTee:

This was exactly what the VO gave me in my 1st application that got denied.

My only advice is to write a very convincing LOE ...also have sufficient money that would pay your first year school fees and living expenses. Then ultimately add God. Cos personally i didnt add my statement of account, or any new documents...some gurus can help you with LOE

What the recipes now. I have been reading almost all statements with focus on refutations. I found out SOP and LOE helps a lot more .
What you tell the VO as why you choose Canada, study program, career profession, employment prospects determines the out come. I hope my SOP and LOE would be persuading to the VO.
In all, God plays a great function but I believe in taking your odds with documents proofs, BS, & God would secure it.

Those who received rejections, be strong & courage. I know the time & undertakings laid into this so breaking bad is heart aching.
We share your distress.

Please don't hurry for a refutation. take your time & make sure you tackled all the denial points from VO.
furthermore, for those would are really trying to help out, I appreciate it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (736)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.