Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (856979 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jan 15, 2021
OtunbaTee:

This was exactly what the VO gave me in my 1st application that got denied.

My only advice is to write a very convincing LOE ...also have sufficient money that would pay your first year school fees and living expenses. Then ultimately add God. Cos personally i didnt add my statement of account, or any new documents...some gurus can help you with LOE

did you make any commitment to the school ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ckechi: 3:40pm On Jan 15, 2021
Hello,

Just to be clear a screenshot like the one attached...showing reference number and name should be enough to submit if I can't get my hardcopy on time or does any other information need to be shown?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Queenmama03(f): 3:42pm On Jan 15, 2021
Please what exchange rate did you use, is it the black market or official? And is it necessary to show the VO where you got your conversion rate ?

awys:

I calculated my tuition fees+10k living expenses+3k extra to the exchange rate as at when I applied so this was 24kcad+ this amount was in my own account as my POF then I also presented my sponsor accounts too.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by crazyinlove: 3:44pm On Jan 15, 2021
Hi everyone,

Please can someone advise on how best to pay school fees to a Canadian university.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 3:47pm On Jan 15, 2021
Queenmama03:
Please what exchange rate did you use, is it the black market or official? And is it necessary to show the VO where you got your conversion rate ?

I applied in October so at then I used 295/300+ or - and I don't think it's necessary to show the VO the rate they have the rate so they know to be on a safer side use the prevailing black market rate as at time you will be applying then do your plus or minus to balance it up

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by charmmingcas: 3:50pm On Jan 15, 2021
Omanda:
Congratulations
God will remember us that is waiting with an approval..
I tap from this Goodness

Amen...yours is coming soon.Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TheShaman: 4:05pm On Jan 15, 2021
This may not be accurate. I didn't pay a transmission fee for my second application that was approved when I sent my passport to VFS Abuja.

Akannitommy:
Yes, the only exception is if the biometric was taken at that centre for that particular application. For subsequent applications that got to approval/PPR, you will need to pay for transmission fee. This applies even if you are submitting at the same centre where you gave your biometric in the preceding application. That is what I believe from the past experiences of people here and those I know personnaly.

UPDATED: If you submit paper application, everytime you do (not if this only apply to submitting at a different location than before) you will have to pay for biometric transmission fee even at the point of application. If you get PPR.Approval, and decide to submit passport from a different centre, be ready to pay for a transmission fee as well.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by charmmingcas: 4:09pm On Jan 15, 2021
iampaulsmith:
Another one! Congratulations Charmmingcas. Please drop your timeline

Submitted application October 7th
Biometrics done October 22nd
NSE request November 24th
NSE submitted December 8th
Upfront medicals done January 6th
Medicals passed January 11th
BVL received January 14th
PPR received January 15th

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by klique(f): 4:13pm On Jan 15, 2021
hh

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Dubevic2019: 4:14pm On Jan 15, 2021
Good day all,
Please how long does it take for CIBC to request for banking information after submitting tuition fee refund form. Can I track the process with the reference ID number.
Please I need your help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by hayour00: 4:19pm On Jan 15, 2021
Hi All,

I recently got admitted into Humber college for fall 2021 session. I’m currently gathering my documents for visa application and I plan to submit by early February but I was wondering/considering if paying the tuition now (9000+ CAD) and include the tuition payment receipt in my visa application would put me in a good chance of getting my visa approved.

Does paying tuition before visa approval has any additional benefit?

Please advice. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 4:28pm On Jan 15, 2021
Malone122:
did you make any commitment to the school ?
Yes paid 6k Cnd
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by kelvine95: 4:29pm On Jan 15, 2021
OtunbaTee:

This was exactly what the VO gave me in my 1st application that got denied.

My only advice is to write a very convincing LOE ...also have sufficient money that would pay your first year school fees and living expenses. Then ultimately add God. Cos personally i didnt add my statement of account, or any new documents...some gurus can help you with LOE

How did you solve the issue of financial status and physical assets?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 4:30pm On Jan 15, 2021
Ckechi:
Hello,

Just to be clear a screenshot like the one attached...showing reference number and name should be enough to submit if I can't get my hardcopy on time or does any other information need to be shown?

Wow...where did u train and what material did u use?. U can use this for PR too..pls I want to do too, later on!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Deohlarh20: 4:34pm On Jan 15, 2021
Hello sir already requested to talk to you via mail tho esther25928@gmail.com but I just wanted to say I submitted the NSE requirement when I was asked and my passport request came in yesterday but I didn't do upfront medicals but I already booked an appointment last two weeks but the earliest date I saw was February 8 which I booked for but today morning I got a medical request so I'm hoping it won't affect the passport request and no near available date and Qlife said they don't swap dates .So I've been confused .....Mr frankkkk please if you have any answer or idea

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mobi22: 4:35pm On Jan 15, 2021
kelvine95:

How did you solve the issue of financial status and physical assets?

This personal assets and financial status eh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by klique(f): 4:40pm On Jan 15, 2021
Yes dear, true
skull4eva:

I beg to differ sir. 30k cad is 9m plus with the present exchange rate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ckechi: 4:44pm On Jan 15, 2021
OtunbaTee:

Wow...where did u train and what material did u use?. U can use this for PR too..pls I want to do too, later on!

I didn't train or study because I didn't have enough time between registration and actually doing the exam. It was all God's work!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by akinajibola: 4:45pm On Jan 15, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

Canadian spousal sponsorship is how a Canadian citizen or permanent resident can sponsor their partner to come to Canada and live permanently. The Spousal PR sponsorship is a paper-based application. Your spouse is required to include relevant documents as per IRCC checklist and transmit the documents to the Centralized Intake Office at Novia Scotia for visa processing.

I wouldn't want to derail the thread, hence I'll have to refer you to IRCC website where you could get more information about the program and the list of documents/forms relating to it.

[/url]https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp[/url]SPOUSAL PR APPLICATION[/url]

Hello @Frankrobbn1 Is the link above applicable to international students in canada with valid SP??

I hope this information is helpful to your enquiry.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Maygirl953: 4:52pm On Jan 15, 2021
Thank you so much. Pls is the NSE app link different from the normal visa app link?
Lekiboboe:

1) So you know that, it's the same way you will apply for the Regular Channel you will apply for the NSE route, the only difference is the way NSE route requires you to do Proof of Funds i.e MybankStatement Ticket & the amount $30,000 CAD & the English test (IELTS) requirement

You can read the contents in the links below for more details on that

NSE route
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/705#97124448

Update on NSE route
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/71#97773070

2) Full Information about doing Upfront Medicals at IOM (Lagos or Abuja)/or Q-life (Lagos only) and other things you need to do after doing an UPFRONT Medicals
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/630#96679974

3) Information on doing Police Clearance Certificate & Affidavit at Notary Club High Court
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933476

Doing Police Clearance Certificate outside Lagos (If you don't stay in Lagos)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/143#91581107

4) I guess U.S would have a way they send their own MybankStatement Ticket to IRCC which might probably be identical with the way Nigeria Bank send theirs. Members who made use of Sponsors overseas and got approval would be able to give you heads-up on this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Elizdee: 4:57pm On Jan 15, 2021
Deohlarh20:

Me too I was thinking of deferring to may and besides they asking for PR before medicals .Is there still any reason for us to be worried or we can go ahead and still submit the passport

I got medical request this morning tho.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Akannitommy: 4:58pm On Jan 15, 2021
Thanks for the response. Can you please clarify for the benefit of all the following:

Where did you submit your first/second application and was it paper or online application?
When you submitted your second application (if paper), did you pay for transmission or not (regardless of whether you sent to where you gave your original biometric)?

Answers to the above will help clarify what aspects of my original post may be incorrect.

Thanks.

TheShaman:
This may not be accurate. I didn't pay a transmission fee for my second application that was approved when I sent my passport to VFS Abuja.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Deohlarh20: 5:24pm On Jan 15, 2021
[quote author=Elizdee post=98092010]

I got medical request this morning tho. [/quote

Same thing ......Do you feel the passport request would be in hold till we do the medicals
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Adeelijah17(m): 5:32pm On Jan 15, 2021
@ ditha, please which schools offers full scholarship and how do I go about applying
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by akinajibola: 5:36pm On Jan 15, 2021
charmmingcas:

Submitted application October 7th
Biometrics done October 22nd
NSE request November 24th
NSE submitted December 8th
Upfront medicals done January 6th
Medicals passed January 11th
BVL received January 14th
PPR received January 15th

Congrats once again @charmmingcas we both submitted our passport to Abuja VFS today. We were informed at DHL office that we would need to provide a contact number at Abuja VFS before they could courier for us. We eventually sent it through UPS.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by adeniyi3971(m): 5:36pm On Jan 15, 2021
Cuddles7:

Congratulations! This is amazing! The speed is awesome!

Haaaaaa!

I just woke up to my original PPR!

God is amazing!!!!

Submitted application on 26th December
Medicals passed on 31st December
NSE request letter: Jan 4th
NSE requirements submitted on 7th Jan
BVL and PPR on 15th January

2nd Application

Thank u Frank for always picking your phone and answering my questions.

It ended in praise!!

Please o! 30k cad I checked is approximately 9m abi there’s another way you guys check?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ayokaq: 5:37pm On Jan 15, 2021
I have appointments for Jan 25th at IOM however have already done it at Qlife yesterday. I don't know how d swapping work.
Deohlarh20:
Pleaseeeeeee��is there's anyone that is no longer planning to do their medicals and you booked this month please I need or if you want to swap your appointment date or if you know anyone one that wants to please reply me .Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Maygirl953: 5:38pm On Jan 15, 2021
A big congrats to you!!!
Cuddles7:

Congratulations! This is amazing! The speed is awesome!

Haaaaaa!

I just woke up to my original PPR!

God is amazing!!!!

Submitted application on 26th December
Medicals passed on 31st December
NSE request letter: Jan 4th
NSE requirements submitted on 7th Jan
BVL and PPR on 15th January

2nd Application

Thank u Frank for always picking your phone and answering my questions.

It ended in praise!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by akinajibola: 5:39pm On Jan 15, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

Canadian spousal sponsorship is how a Canadian citizen or permanent resident can sponsor their partner to come to Canada and live permanently. The Spousal PR sponsorship is a paper-based application. Your spouse is required to include relevant documents as per IRCC checklist and transmit the documents to the Centralized Intake Office at Novia Scotia for visa processing.

I wouldn't want to derail the thread, hence I'll have to refer you to IRCC website where you could get more information about the program and the list of documents/forms relating to it.

[/url]https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp[/url]SPOUSAL PR APPLICATION[/url]

I hope this information is helpful to your enquiry.

It will end in praise

Hello @Frankrobbn1

Is the link above applicable to international students in canada with valid SP??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mcobex: 5:42pm On Jan 15, 2021
unilag100:
Gurus in the house, pls I need your help in explaining something to me.

Traveling using the NSE route, one of the requirements is 30,000 Cad. My question now is that, this 30,000 cad, will it be in my account or my sponsor account?
Either account will do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Maygirl953: 5:43pm On Jan 15, 2021
Dear Frank please I need serious help and quide. Email: marychinwe9@gmail.com pls send me a mail with your phone number in it and I will do the calling
Frankrobbn1:

It's a well-deserved victory! I had no doubt in my mind that your application will be successful this time. Congratulations to you @Judith. I appreciate you leaving your feedback and sharing your stimulating experience on this thread. Thank you for believing in my capabilities, It's rewarding to be part of your success story.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mcobex: 5:45pm On Jan 15, 2021
crazyinlove:
Hi everyone,

Please can someone advise on how best to pay school fees to a Canadian university.

Thanks
Ask your school for their preferred options then you can move on from there

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (736)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.