Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (856839 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mobi22: 6:11pm On Jan 19, 2021
Priceless25:

E hook me I swear... since December 16 2020, my form A hasn't been processed, I don't even know if I'm to try another bank.

Let me just hop on the train in advance
Naija which way??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by onyinyebibian: 6:16pm On Jan 19, 2021
englois:

This your encouragement sef. E get as e be. I know u are trying to console him sha.

It will end in praise for us all

I know oo, but didn’t know what else to say than to share a friends experience, not like I’m wishing that to anyone

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shawtylil(f): 6:20pm On Jan 19, 2021
who else is having problems logging into their account. Is the website down again??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shawtylil(f): 6:22pm On Jan 19, 2021
hi please, can i ask a question real quick. Let’s say I get my visa in February, can i travel to Canada the same month when my classes are starting april or is there a certain amount of days before your resumption date you can come cause I want to work a little. I’m 17 sorry, i don’t know much about this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by fbimbola(f): 6:24pm On Jan 19, 2021
[quote author=Obynne1 post=98224854]Congrats dear.

Please what was the mininmum amount on the sponsor's acct that you submitted to NSE?
Please were you working before the application? If yes, Please did you submit any letter from your office (like study leave) for the home ties?

The account had about $30k, yes I was working and still working. I submitted study leave, commendation letter, employment letter, training letters, staff id, tax id etc

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by fbimbola(f): 6:26pm On Jan 19, 2021
Olayinkaji:

Congratulations!!!
Just a quick one, did you pay the tuition deposit after applying or gaining admission?
I want to apply too but don't know if I can get the letter of acceptance to apply to IRCC without the compulsory paying of tuition deposit

I had to make the payment within a month. I made the deposit after gaining admission added it to my application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by englois: 6:29pm On Jan 19, 2021
shawtylil:
hi please, can i ask a question real quick. Let’s say I get my visa in February, can i travel to Canada the same month when my classes are starting april or is there a certain amount of days before your resumption date you can come cause I want to work a little. I’m 17 sorry, i don’t know much about this

If you go before resumption date, you can't work. Consider the money you'll spend on accomodation, feeding and other provisions. If you are up to it though, you can go like a month before.

This is my view, let's hear from others.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anamekele: 6:49pm On Jan 19, 2021
Blavkmaann:

Concordia
I dey go concordia university.
Have you booked flight ticket
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mcobex: 7:39pm On Jan 19, 2021
Oyesquare10:
Thank you.
Please she's planning of going through NSE as she already wrote IELTS a year ago with 7.5 bands but as regard the My Bank Statement, will the VO have access to her account activities after application as she might need to return the 3M after application?
If she returns the 3M what will she use on getting to Canada? Let's be careful about removing money from account after applying, the vo has every right to ask for updated SOA at anytime during the processing time. Imagine if that happens and there's no money left in her account.
I won't encourage that

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ayokaq: 7:46pm On Jan 19, 2021
My first refusal was base on
1. financial and personal asset
2. Family ties in Canada and in home country
I order for GCMS note and I was able to tackle the issue by LOE and supporting documents.
My second refusal was base only on

Purpose of visit
Have ordered for GCMS note early non this recent application in order to know status of my application. I pray the reason for this new refusal should be included in GCMS request.

Mideyo234:
So sorry. It is well!

Is this the same reason from your first application and did you order gcms the first time?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mcobex: 7:47pm On Jan 19, 2021
Ayokaq:
I got refuse today base on purpose of visit

Second application
November 16 applicant
Received NSE request on December 15
Submitted the required documents on dec 16
Upfront medical on January 15
BVL Jan 18
Refusal Jan 19
Sorry about the delay. Kindly give your full profile to give us an idea, your intended program, previous education history (if any).
While we await your response, please try to order for your gcms note immediately to have an idea of the vo's thought
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ayokaq: 7:48pm On Jan 19, 2021
The Medical was not updated. I don't think Q-life have submitted the report yet
Cuddles7:
So sorry about your refusal. I hope the gurus can help you sort this out. Did you order for your GCMS notes before reapplying?

The upfront medicals you submitted, was it updated to pass?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mcobex: 7:54pm On Jan 19, 2021
shawtylil:
Traveling 2 months to resumption isn't bad, but with the current pandemic and the fact lessons are done online I will advise you travel 1 month to resumption.
Another thing is, if you are going 2 months to resumption it means more expenses (rent, food and other utilities).
So, think about it before making your move

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by buzzme: 8:20pm On Jan 19, 2021
mcobex:
Traveling 2 months to resumption isn't bad, but with the current pandemic and the fact lessons are done online I will advise you travel 1 month to resumption.
Another thing is, if you are going 2 months to resumption it means more expenses (rent, food and other utilities).
So, think about it before making your move

.... Hi @mcobex, so how long would the initial study visa be valid??... I mean, the first visa you would get before getting the study permit at the POE.

It will surely end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mcobex: 8:25pm On Jan 19, 2021
buzzme:

.... Hi @mcobex, so how long would the initial study visa be valid??... I mean, the first visa you would get before getting the study permit at the POE.

It will surely end in praise.
The TRV is just to gain you access to Canada, on arrival you will be given a study/work permit depending on the duration of your program (at least 1 year)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by gbengaadet: 8:28pm On Jan 19, 2021
Please, who has idea how much Ethiopian Airline charges for excess loadd beyond 23kg. Maybe extra $/kg
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Deohlarh20: 8:43pm On Jan 19, 2021
mcobex:
The TRV is just to gain you access to Canada, on arrival you will be given a study/work permit depending on the duration of your program (at least 1 year)

I'm lost .You mean even presently those that their passport were requested for recently also would go through this ? I thought once the passport is stamped that's all or am I wrong ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 8:44pm On Jan 19, 2021
Fully-Funded PH.D position

See attachment

To prepare & package your application for this Funded Thesis-based PHD. position, this is your plug
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

https://www./looking-graduate-student-position-heres-how-avoid-frustration-dub%C3%A9/

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by milez7(m): 8:50pm On Jan 19, 2021
In my opinion, you really don't need much. A colleague of mine had just 200k in his account albeit the dad was the sponsor and had over 55m

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lankesolanke: 8:55pm On Jan 19, 2021
Pls drop your transcript,documents submitted and how you tackled..thanks
fbimbola:
Hey Fam,

PPR dropped this morning. Been a silent reader. Always here to read updates because I did my application by myself.

Now my time has come. Grateful to God. It's been a journey. After 2 usa student visa refusal. God is good.

Applied - 13th of Oct to a college with 10years study gap. Mother as sponsor

Medical upfront-2nd of Dec

NSE Request- 2nd of Dec

Eligibility review -7th of Dec

GCMS note request - 18th of Jan

BVL/PPR - 19th of Jan

God did it!!!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by emergingb: 9:04pm On Jan 19, 2021
Rootiab:
where are you?
I'm in Abuja. If we can meet tomorrow

Just seeing this,
I did mine in Lagos.
Sure it went well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Heitch: 9:19pm On Jan 19, 2021
Good evening NL

Please assistance and advice needed.

I am applying to Memorial University, Newfoundland for a graduate program. Documents requested are
1. Transcript
2. Two references
3. Statement of Intent
4. IELTS
5. Etc

I can easily get transcript and educational reference from the school I graduated from. Also, I can get professional reference from my previous employer.

Advice needed here would be
1. Should I get my school to send transcript and reference directly to MUN or I should get a copy for myself and upload, same goes for professional reference.
2. I also intend applying to 2 other schools, but I am considering the cost for sending transcripts directly.
3. Can someone please put me through on writing a letter of intent (is it same with SOP)?

I studied international relations, I have been in the banking sector in the last 7years, and I applied for employee relations.

Please i would really appreciate a feedback.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 9:22pm On Jan 19, 2021
Ayokaq:
I got refuse today base on purpose of visit

Second application
November 16 applicant
Received NSE request on December 15
Submitted the required documents on dec 16
Upfront medical on January 15
BVL Jan 18
Refusal Jan 19

I regret to hear about your study permit delay...dont give up..u gats refire...what's your jod experience and what course did you apply for?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lankesolanke: 9:22pm On Jan 19, 2021
Those that have gotten PPR should not forget us here pls.drop your transcripts,documents submitted ,how you tackled the application etc.God bless us all

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 9:28pm On Jan 19, 2021
Ayokaq:
My first refusal was base on
1. financial and personal asset
2. Family ties in Canada and in home country
I order for GCMS note and I was able to tackle the issue by LOE and supporting documents.
My second refusal was base only on

Purpose of visit
Have ordered for GCMS note early non this recent application in order to know status of my application. I pray the reason for this new refusal should be included in GCMS request.

Ayokaq your first refusal reasons are same with mine...I submitted another application 6 days after..I only worked on my LOE with some help... And submitted MBS only..then the rest is history...dont give up..just a delay...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 9:36pm On Jan 19, 2021
TeeMade:
Hello @Frankrobbn1,

Is it advisable to be raising Webforms to Nairobi on a daily basis.

Also, can I maintain a single mail trail in sending them mails daily or do I have to send a new mail everyday? @OtunbaTee, how did you handle this part when you were still expecting?

It will end in praise for us all...

I don't think its necessary to be rasing a CSE to the Nairobi Immigration when your application is still within the standard processing times.

You can do so if your application has exceeded the normal processing times and there seems to be no movement on your file. By so doing, you've to send a new email everyday.

It will end in praise

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by CrownTdan: 10:13pm On Jan 19, 2021
Good day house,

@lekiboboe, kindly help with options to available HR programs a person with a 2.2 in Philosophy( BSc.) and 3+ years working experience in HR can apply for in Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Longjonjoe: 10:14pm On Jan 19, 2021
Celoexpress:
Hello guys,

I have been trying to submit a webform but immediately i'm done filling and i click on next on the first page of the webform before it takes me to the second page for uploading documents.

The next is not working and I cannot move to the next page. I use a google chrome for it. What can I do?

Webforms aren’t active for now. Happened to me as well. i send emails everyday now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by slimy205: 10:20pm On Jan 19, 2021
Priceless25:

Bro how did you resolve your form A issue with ACCESS bank? I'm in the predicament and I don't have another viable option to pay my school fees at a reasonable rate. How did you do it?

I did bother them again. I had to go with black market rate. I got someone in canada that sold CAD at 375naira.

Of a truth, foreign currency is scares in Nigeria atm. So I advise you find other alternative.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 10:22pm On Jan 19, 2021
CrownTdan:
Good day house,

@lekiboboe, kindly help with options to available HR programs a person with a 2.2 in Philosophy( BSc.) and 3+ years working experience in HR can apply for in Canada.
See this

PG. Cert in HRM (Human Resources Mgt.) & Colleges Offering them
https://www.collegesinstitutes.ca/our-members/list-of-degrees/?fwp_search_by_keyword=Human%20Resources%20management&fwp_program_levels=graduate-certificate

Since you intend going for a Program you have only Work Experience in , but no Academic Background/Degree in (i.e your HR job), the content & the Cover Letter for Admission in the link below will be helpful when you want to process your Admission to any of those schools
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/414#95068409
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by slimy205: 10:22pm On Jan 19, 2021
Hello house, would the VO have access to check ur bank account after submission if u use through the NSE route. I am asking this because I have already transfer all funds from the account i submitted mybankstatement
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by CrownTdan: 10:30pm On Jan 19, 2021
Thank you very much!
Lekiboboe:

See this

PG. Cert in HRM (Human Resources Mgt.) & Colleges Offering them
https://www.collegesinstitutes.ca/our-members/list-of-degrees/?fwp_search_by_keyword=Human%20Resources%20management&fwp_program_levels=graduate-certificate

Since you intend going for a Program you have only Work Experience in , but no Academic Background/Degree in (i.e your HR job), the content & the Cover Letter for Admission in the link below will be helpful when you want to process your Admission to any of those schools
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/414#95068409

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (736)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75