Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,007 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (852155 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ILoveDLord(m): 4:11am On Jan 20, 2021
Immediately my study visa was approved, my family applied for their on visas. My wife applied for an open work permit.

When my family applied, I attached a letter, stating my consent and approval for them to come join me. I gave reasons that my family being with me will help me focus on my studies(as advised by the university), also that our family is still young and we all needed one another for emotional support. We still have other members of our extended family in Nigeria, and that's one of the reasons we may come back home after my studies, along side other reasons.

Hope that helps

ramobiojo:

Thank you for your post. Please can you expatiate on how your family joined you? What type of visa did you apply for them? Please what major reason did you state in your SOP? Anything that can help please.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ILoveDLord(m): 4:20am On Jan 20, 2021
Immediately my study visa was approved, my family applied for their on visas. My wife applied for an open work permit. If your husband is not planning to stay, he can apply for a visitor visa. For children, you will apply for visitor visa.

When my family applied, I attached a letter, stating my consent and approval for them to come join me. I gave reasons that my family being with me will help me focus on my studies(as advised by the university), also that our family is still young and we all needed one another for emotional support. We still have other members of our extended family in Nigeria, and that's one of the reasons we may come back home after my studies, along side other reasons.

I also showed proof funds that can take care of the family as well my tuition.

Hope this helps

TeeMade:
Hello @ILoveDLord,

Thanks for sharing this. It's really the bolded for me, how did you go about it to have them join you so soon. Been thinking of what justification one can use, although my hubby won't stay but he'll be visiting periodically.

It will end in praise for us all...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Cuddles7: 4:31am On Jan 20, 2021
Yes you can. You can get either...Post graduate diploma is often two years while the post graduate certificate is usually 1yr but are basically same thing.

Ggetter50:
Hello house, what program can someone with a third class study in Canada... Post graduate diploma or certificate? @frankrobbn1 @mcobex and others pls

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Cuddles7: 4:36am On Jan 20, 2021
Okay.

We await your GCMS notes so everyone can advice you better.

Your medicals will be valid for 1 yr so you don't need to do it again.

It shall end in praise finally.

Ayokaq:
The Medical was not updated. I don't think Q-life have submitted the report yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Cuddles7: 4:40am On Jan 20, 2021
Study permit is actually given to everyone at the Port of entry. The stamp on your passport is the student visa(TRV... temporary resident visa). So you will go with your letter of introduction (LOI) and port of entry letter(if I'm not mistaken)

Deohlarh20:

I'm lost .You mean even presently those that their passport were requested for recently also would go through this ? I thought once the passport is stamped that's all or am I wrong ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by whizqueen(f): 5:53am On Jan 20, 2021

For everyone having troubles paying for WES, admission registration and other international fees I hope this video helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaqJtpmFV2s

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Deohlarh20: 6:13am On Jan 20, 2021
Cuddles7:
Study permit is actually given to everyone at the Port of entry. The stamp on your passport is the student visa(TRV... temporary resident visa). So you will go with your letter of introduction (LOI) and port of entry letter(if I'm not mistaken)

Oh thanks I understand now .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Deohlarh20: 6:15am On Jan 20, 2021
olasubomy:

Hi Deohlarh, the Canadian Visa on the passport is to give the person access into Canada just to buttress on @mcobex point.

You would still be examined by an officer of the Canada Border Services Agency at the point of entry (POE) who will issue a study permit authorizing your stay in Canada but the examination is not something serious based on the testimonies of those who has travelled. This fact on study permit is always stated on the letter of introduction that drops on the GC account of the applicant after the counterfoil drops ( or passport gets stamped at IRCC)

I hope this addresses your question.

Thanks yes it does .I understand now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MsJanez01: 6:16am On Jan 20, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

Okay Ma. I'll be in touch. Thank you for your patience.

It will end in praise

Hello @Frankrobbn1

I am applying for a study permit but I was denied a tourist visa in 2019 and was in the EE pool but expired now. Do I need to mention both while writing my LOE/SOP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 6:46am On Jan 20, 2021
[quote author=cliffgrey post=98241274][/quote]
Hi,

Everything you need to know about the NSE route (MybankStatement $30,000 CAD, IELTS etc.) is in the link below (read it up from that Page 121 - 124), your question and other possible questions has been answered there

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/120#98075660

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 7:22am On Jan 20, 2021
[quote author=Makah00 post=98239321][/quote]
Hi,

All the Step-by-Step guide you need is on this forum, you have to take your time and read those guides, most especially the first page of this forum.

First of all you need to get an Admission for a Masters In Finance program (If you have a 2.1) in a Canadian University (Note: the Masters program must relate with the course you did in your Undergraduate) .

It's when you gain admission & you get your Letter of Acceptance (Admission Letter) you can now go ahead & apply for a Canada Study Visa.

In the link below are Universities offering this Program (Master in Finance) in Canada, take your time and explore the programs

https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Finance&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

This contents in the link will guide you on how to apply for a Masters Admission and also you would find essential information there
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

All you need to know about Canada Study Visa Application, Sponsorship etc. is in the Link below, take your time & go through them one after the other

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/558#96300254

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/120#98075660

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/121#91193146

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/82#97848268

If you have further questions, ask here in the forum, gurus & members will respond

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Heitch: 8:06am On Jan 20, 2021
Please help
Heitch:
Good evening NL

Please assistance and advice needed.

I am applying to Memorial University, Newfoundland for a graduate program. Documents requested are
1. Transcript
2. Two references
3. Statement of Intent
4. IELTS
5. Etc

I can easily get transcript and educational reference from the school I graduated from. Also, I can get professional reference from my previous employer.

Advice needed here would be
1. Should I get my school to send transcript and reference directly to MUN or I should get a copy for myself and upload, same goes for professional reference.
2. I also intend applying to 2 other schools, but I am considering the cost for sending transcripts directly.
3. Can someone please put me through on writing a letter of intent (is it same with SOP)?

I studied international relations, I have been in the banking sector in the last 7years, and I applied for employee relations.

Please i would really appreciate a feedback.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 8:11am On Jan 20, 2021
Heitch:
Good evening NL

Please assistance and advice needed.

I am applying to Memorial University, Newfoundland for a graduate program. Documents requested are
1. Transcript
2. Two references
3. Statement of Intent
4. IELTS
5. Etc

I can easily get transcript and educational reference from the school I graduated from. Also, I can get professional reference from my previous employer.

Advice needed here would be
1. Should I get my school to send transcript and reference directly to MUN or I should get a copy for myself and upload, same goes for professional reference.
2. I also intend applying to 2 other schools, but I am considering the cost for sending transcripts directly.
3. Can someone please put me through on writing a letter of intent (is it same with SOP)?

I studied international relations, I have been in the banking sector in the last 7years, and I applied for employee relations.

Please i would really appreciate a feedback.

Thanks.
1. Your school is meant to send it to them.
2. You'd just input your referee email and they'd fill form online.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chukwubuikexo: 8:11am On Jan 20, 2021
MsJanez01:

Hello @Frankrobbn1

I am applying for a study permit but I was denied a tourist visa in 2019 and was in the EE pool but expired now. Do I need to mention both while writing my LOE/SOP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 8:16am On Jan 20, 2021
Makah00:
hello , can I message you , I’m currently serving and I would love to go for masters in finance in Canada . I don’t know where to start from . I don’t know if you can guide me or through an agent , my dad is willing to sponsor me . Thanks for your response
I won't advice you use agent. But you can email me and I'd help with the little I can

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MayTheKun: 8:20am On Jan 20, 2021
Hello everyone.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 8:21am On Jan 20, 2021
Heitch:
Please help
letter of intent is same as statement of purpose, you can search and you'd see formats on that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mcobex: 8:32am On Jan 20, 2021
MsJanez01:

Hello @Frankrobbn1

You don't really have to mention it in your LOE, but MAKE sure you thick "YES" on the application form when asked if you have ever applied or been denied Canada or any other country's visa in the past (also state the reason for the denial). Doing that on the form should be enough.
N.B: To be clear, I said it doesn't really matter if you mention it in your LOE simply because the denied application isn't related to study and the requirement is different from that of studies. The most important place to say it will be on your application form, where you will asked if you have ever applied or been denied visa before. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ANSWER "YES" TO THAT

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 8:52am On Jan 20, 2021
mcobex:
NOTICE!!!
To all those trying to withdraw or return all the money in their account after printing SOA, please be careful so you don't come back here to cry. IRCC can be unpredictable and have the right to ask for another SOA after the first SOA, imagine if they do and there's nothing in your account.
Just be careful, please o

You're right, even with the new mybankstatement method, they now use ticket ID and password to check your account details online...they're also evolving.. just be careful, any money you want to put there, let it stay till when u get response from them, apply ONLY when you're FULLY Ready...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 8:55am On Jan 20, 2021
cliffgrey:
Please I’m at the beginning of this process and I want to use the NSE route but I want to sponsor myself... can I put 30,000cad in my bank account and apply for the study permit or I have to wait for a certain period of time ??
Does it matter or I should go ahead and start the process ??

If you put such amount just before you apply, v.o will question you, that its suspicious.. why not leave the money where it is now, and use the owner of the acocunt as sponsor..if the person ain't related to you, then u can build the account for months, don't rush
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 8:58am On Jan 20, 2021
OtunbaTee:

You're right, even with the new mybankstatement method, they now use ticket ID and password to check your account details online...they're also evolving.. just be careful, any money you want to put there, let it stay till when u get response from them, apply ONLY when you're FULLY Ready...
This is so true imagine those that received the NSE request .Some applied in October but received the NSE request in December if you had removed the money before December one wont see the statement to send the TICKET ID and PASSWORD so to be on a safer side it's better one leaves the money there until they are done with the process their ways changes Everytime

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Seunbankole: 9:04am On Jan 20, 2021
Greetings house trust all is keeping safe
God bless everyone here for their contributions. Please I have some questions ;
I am a 2-1 graduate (3.54) I studied information resources management.
Please house I’ll really need help with schools I can apply too for a masters program and what course is relevant that shows career progression
I also want to know if my cgpa though it’s a second class upper qualifies me to apply for a masters program
Best regards
Cc lekiboboe
And other experienced Gurus...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MsJanez01: 9:09am On Jan 20, 2021
mcobex:
You don't really have to mention it in your LOE, but MAKE sure you thick "YES" on the application form when asked if you have ever applied or been denied Canada or any other country's visa in the past (also state the reason for the denial). Doing that on the form should be enough.
N.B: To be clear, I said it doesn't really matter if you mention it in your LOE simply because the denied application isn't related to study and the requirement is different from that of studies. The most important place to say it will be on your application form, where you will asked if you have ever applied or been denied visa before. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ANSWER "YES" TO THAT

Thanks for your response.
Also, I work in a bank but I intend getting a letter from a friend's company which is about 2years old but the company is doing well. He has agreed to state that he is offering to partner with me after studies in Canada. He agreed to provide all his company's document. I intend to use this as an home tie. Pls any input about this? Is it a welcome idea? I am skeptical abt going ahead or not
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 20, 2021
Hello everyone,

I am new to this thread. I have applied for admission to 2 schools in Canada (yet to get a decision). In the main time, I wanted to know if there is anything I need to start doing like I read some pages back about building of personal account which I don’t understand. My mum will be my sponsor and her bank statement will be in USD(a US bank statement), will that be a problem during my application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Celoexpress: 9:12am On Jan 20, 2021
I have tried Microsoft edge, google chrome, internet explorer and none is working to submit webform on IRCC kenya, china and the main IRCC.

What do you suggest I do guys? I applied October 5 and I have started remote classes on monday. I want to send my bank certificate, reference letter and some other documents. Been waiting for PPR for too long. What do I do since webform is not working?

I need advice from gurus please.

adekolagreat:
Use a different browser. Like microsoft edge... I had similar situation Edge worked

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Olayinkaji(m): 9:16am On Jan 20, 2021
fbimbola:

I had to make the payment within a month. I made the deposit after gaining admission added it to my application
Alrigh thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by YemmyPOG: 9:18am On Jan 20, 2021
Use safari browser if you have an iPhone.
Had the same problem with my android too but I tried on my iphone and it delivered.
Celoexpress:
I have tried Microsoft edge, google chrome, internet explorer and none is working to submit webform on IRCC kenya, china and the main IRCC.

What do you suggest I do guys? I applied October 5 and I have started remote classes on monday. I want to send my bank certificate, reference letter and some other documents. Been waiting for PPR for too long. What do I do since webform is not working?

I need advice from gurus please.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by KejiA: 9:18am On Jan 20, 2021
Hello Goodmorning everyone,
My sponsor has a balance of 23m and the account has been running since 2014 but it has always been used for fixed deposits, investments and payment of school fees. My questions is Can my sponsor submit that account only as bank statements and also after submitting bank statement and my bankstatements, Can he use the the money to do fixed deposits or it’s better the money remains in the account till the visa is out?
I would be expecting a reply thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by cliffgrey(m): 9:28am On Jan 20, 2021
OtunbaTee:

If you put such amount just before you apply, v.o will question you, that its suspicions is.. why not leave the money where it is now, and use the owner of the acocunt as sponsor..if the person ain't related to you, then u can build the account for months, don't rush

Actually it’s my money but I’ve kept it in a bitcoin wallet for years and I don’t have anyone that I’m related to that has that type of inflow and outflow in their account

Also please how do I build the account?
Do I start send a 4million every month or how do u mean?
How many months am I going to build it for?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 9:30am On Jan 20, 2021
PotentialNurse:
Hello everyone,

I am new to this thread. I have applied for admission to 2 schools in Canada (yet to get a decision). In the main time, I wanted to know if there is anything I need to start doing like I read some pages back about building of personal account which I don’t understand. My mum will be my sponsor and her bank statement will be in USD(a US bank statement), will that be a problem during my application?
1) To your first question,

Read the content in this link (Page 121-124)

You can also await more inputs for your first question

2) No it won't be a problem
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by cliffgrey(m): 9:31am On Jan 20, 2021
Rootiab:
I won't advice you use agent. But you can email me and I'd help with the little I can

Can I email too bro?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by cliffgrey(m): 9:32am On Jan 20, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Hi,

Everything you need to know about the NSE route (MybankStatement $30,000 CAD, IELTS etc.) is in the link below (read it up from that Page 121 - 124), your question and other possible questions has been answered there

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (736)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.