Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (857071 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 21, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Hi,

Am not familiar about how Medical/Health graduates do their thing as regards scholarships, cos its seems most Medical/Health Professions needs Licensing etc. Someone who is in the Medical/Health line would be able to respond better to this.

cc Chocs

While you wait to get response from Medical Practitioners in house

Check out this two Programs in the links below, Masters in Pharmacy & Masters in Public Health and lists of schools in CANADA offering them

Masters in Pharmacy Programs
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Pharmacy&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Masters in Public Health programs
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Public+health&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

After you are through checking out the schools, the following Contents will help package yourself to get a Possible Masters Scholarship for the schools above.

To prepare & package your application for a Funded M.SC scholarship position, this is your plug
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

For those sending emails to professors
If you want to know why:
-The Prof ignores your email
-The Prof deletes it without responding
-The Prof sends a negative response
-The Prof sends a positive response
Read this piece by Prof. Marc Dube, University of Ottawa, Canada
https://www./looking-graduate-student-position-heres-how-avoid-frustration-dub%C3%A9/

Note:
Don't limit yourself to few schools, widen your horizon & explore lots of schools so you can have more chances to get a Funded Masters Scholarship
GoD bless you so much I really much appreciate this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by saskatoonguy: 6:16pm On Jan 21, 2021
Good evening Guys, I received NSE letter today and the letter was dated Jan 12 and deadline to be Feb 12. Now my questions :

1. I have taking the IELTS general test before and its still valid. Can I submit the IELTS General Test like or I would need take another one which is IELTS academic?

2. The next IELTS date is Feb 6th. Can I still take the test (CDT)and still submit the online result before February 12 since the Hard copy of the result will not be available before the deadline.

Thanks . I await your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yteem: 6:19pm On Jan 21, 2021
saskatoonguy:
Good evening Guys, I received NSE letter today and the letter was dated Jan 12 and deadline to be Feb 12. Now my questions :

1. I have taking the IELTS general test before and its still valid. Can I submit the IELTS General Test like or I would need take another one which is IELTS academic?

2. The next IELTS date is Feb 6th. Can I still take the test (CDT)and still submit the online result before February 12 since the Hard copy of the result will not be available before the deadline.

You can submit the one you have as long as it is valid and your have a score of minimum of 6 in all the bands.
The General IELTS test result can be used.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mankind5050(m): 6:19pm On Jan 21, 2021
You can use IELTS general as both are acceptable
saskatoonguy:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teau: 6:19pm On Jan 21, 2021
Hello Everyone,

Please i need some suggestions.
Recently got my request to submit passport for my Study visa (Thank God!). On my form i indicated i wld be going with my kids. Now i may have to go with my mum to help with the kids.

Mumsy TRV has bin refused twice (Jan 2020- said she hasnt been refused a visa before, we didnt indicate her US renewal denial)and Feb 2020- VO said they dont believe she wld leave after her 1week Easter holiday). Now i want to apply for another TRV for her saying she wld be helping me settle in with the kids since my hubby isnt going with me.
What do you advise i do please. Do you think she may get her visa if we reapplying. What documents do you think i need to show to tackle her previous refusal comments.

Would appreciate your suggestions please.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 6:22pm On Jan 21, 2021
mrkingz:
Greetings Great Minds!

I have concerns with compressing documents and their eligibility to read;

1. when fully compressed (strong compression using smallPdf pro), figures in my transcript and other recommendation letters/documents appears hard to read!

Question: Am I being overly concerned about this? Is it just ok

If I am the VO reading these docs, that's some extra work the applicant is giving me! I am just abit concerned.

Any comment on this or some other extra thing to do to my docs to make it small and still able to be read without stress, please, kindly offer your thoughts.

Thank you in advance!

@justmellow
@lekiboboe

Hello Mrkingz,

Don't over compress to a blur extent. If its blur but still a bit readable, its fine. You may compress in JPEG format as a first step, then convert into PDF format before compressing again. Same routine for each document before a final merger. Again, compress it.

Thereafter, for a last time, compress with a system using either site below:

pdf2go.com
pdf24.org

I believe it will work.

Best of Luck

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 6:25pm On Jan 21, 2021
Oghogho1313:

Hi Bro,

I applied late Nov along with IELTS & MyBank Statements off the bat. I did not get an NSE request(perhaps as I have already applied with both documents upfront along with medicals as this was my second application).

My eligibility review has been on for 3 weeks or thereabout. Would it make sense to send both IELTS & MyBank Statements again, this time via webform or email and ask that the application should go through NSE route? Its been more than the 20 days processing time.

Hello Oghogho1313,

This you should do and same time request for your notes.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by haaryobhami: 6:29pm On Jan 21, 2021
does anyone have an idea of when university of regina will Begin application for admission?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teau: 6:30pm On Jan 21, 2021
Hello,

Please how can one request for GCMS notes from outside Canada.

Thank you.

JustMellow:

Hello Oghogho1313,

This you should do and same time request for your notes.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 6:39pm On Jan 21, 2021
Makitoperor:
So I was refused based on this reason
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
What can I do to address this issue when reapplying??

Hello Makitoperor,

If you submitted your employment documents or any relevant documents proving your source of fund, include any which is application in your reapplication;

Employment Letter
Study Leave Letter
Payslip/paystub*
MBS/BS
Reference Letter
CAC certificate
Job Offer Letter
Any Financial Evidence

Try to improve your funds to a substantial sum coupled with an LOE to explain your financial circumstances clearly. Lest I forgot, try to request for your notes, if applicable.

N.B: This could also be coming from your sponsor if you had one. What you do for yourself, also do which is applicable to your sponsor too.

Best of Luck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Omofowobi: 6:42pm On Jan 21, 2021
Good Day All

I need recommendation on school I can get admission into . I finished with 2:2 In Physics.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 6:47pm On Jan 21, 2021
Oluwayemisi0507:
Hello all,

I am asking for a friend.

Can a business Administration B.Sc graduate apply for M.Sc Public Administration in Canada.

Does it look like a deviation? Or does it correlate?

The explanation is based on humanitarian works he does e.g organising foods, clothes for children and teenagers.
He does not have any CAC document to back this up though.

Thank you as you reply me.

Hello Oluwayemisi0507,

CAC aside, are there any other strong evidence to support whatever claims for the swtich/program choice?!

If no, the person should stick to business domain. There are lots of courses closely related to Human Resources Management and Project Management in both Masters and PGD/C. The person should look closely except there is a critical reason for the switch.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shawtylil(f): 6:55pm On Jan 21, 2021
how do people exchange dates for medicals please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by DefyTheOdds: 7:01pm On Jan 21, 2021
I started fall classes in Sep 2020. Winter classes started on the 11th

OtunbaTee:

CONGRATS chief...when will your lecture start? Or it's on already ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by saskatoonguy: 7:01pm On Jan 21, 2021
Thank you Yteem and mankind5050.
Yteem:

You can submit the one you have as long as it is valid and your have a score of minimum of 6 in all the bands.
The General IELTS test result can be used.
This attached information is what is confusing me. Have you seen anyone that successfully used IELTS General

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Deohlarh20: 7:02pm On Jan 21, 2021
shawtylil:
how do people exchange dates for medicals please

Both hospitals said they don't swap dates
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by SwayB(m): 7:15pm On Jan 21, 2021
Hi guys, does a PG Cert in IT Business Analysis show career progression for some one that studied Computer Science?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ramobiojo: 7:20pm On Jan 21, 2021
ILoveDLord:

Immediately my study visa was approved, my family applied for their on visas. My wife applied for an open work permit.

When my family applied, I attached a letter, stating my consent and approval for them to come join me. I gave reasons that my family being with me will help me focus on my studies(as advised by the university), also that our family is still young and we all needed one another for emotional support. We still have other members of our extended family in Nigeria, and that's one of the reasons we may come back home after my studies, along side other reasons.

Hope that helps

Please what is the duration of your study?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 7:20pm On Jan 21, 2021
Omofowobi:
Good Day All

I need recommendation on school I can get admission into . I finished with 2:2 In Physics.

Thank you
Google & visit the websites of the following schools and their PG. Cert in Engineering Physics/Physics Electronics related Programs

Conestoga College
- Embedded Systems Development (Optional Co-op) (2 years PGC-Post Graduate Certificate Program)

Fanshawe College
- PGC, Electronics and Embedded Systems Development

Fleming College
- PGC Mechatronics

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by subzheero: 7:30pm On Jan 21, 2021
I have a medical appointment tomorrow at qlife l won't be able to attend if interested let me know
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Tre20: 7:37pm On Jan 21, 2021
Hello house
Pls do u advise I declare a relative I 'heard" is in Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mazeb: 7:39pm On Jan 21, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sleekcheek: 7:39pm On Jan 21, 2021
Several people here have submitted ielts general and gotten approval. Also a screenshot of a tweet from ircc confirming they accept both has been shared on this thread. You can search online for this yourself, also the letter did not indicate either one which also shows that both are acceptable.

saskatoonguy:
Thank you Yteem and mankind5050. This attached information is what is confusing me. Have you seen anyone that successfully used IELTS General

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 7:40pm On Jan 21, 2021
Detailedgirl:
A very big Hello to everyone on this platform .
I am a full time with only an online business to back it up. I don’t have a job neither do I Have am established business .
Also,can one use one admission letter to apply even after rejection

Hello Detailedgirl,

As long as you can demonstrate that the online business is a reliable source of funds, you then have a case to build from there. Through your inflows and good closing balance coupled with other relevant financial documents i.e. sales receipt, screenshot of the online business in every platform it has presence etc, you should be fine.

Online business is a job and a way to go these days.If you have a valid or an updated LOA prior after your refuse, you're good to reapply with it. One thing you should watch out for, course correlation or study progression.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Patricknetter: 7:40pm On Jan 21, 2021
Please is there any affordable college i can apply With a budget of 7-11k for international students in Canada... For post graduate diploma courses, pls help a brother
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Patricknetter: 7:44pm On Jan 21, 2021
Pls, is there any college in Canada, which can offer post graduate diploma course for one year instead of two years
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by anungangampu: 7:45pm On Jan 21, 2021
subzheero:
I have a medical appointment tomorrow at qlife l won't be able to attend if interested let me know
I am intrested, drop your contact letss chat
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by anungangampu: 7:46pm On Jan 21, 2021
subzheero:
How can we swap

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 7:56pm On Jan 21, 2021
Good evening house, a quick one please.
Am I suppose to validate the imm forms before uploading?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teau: 8:08pm On Jan 21, 2021
Hello Everyone,

Please i need some suggestions.
Recently got my request to submit passport for my Study visa (Thank God!). On my form i indicated i wld be going with my kids. Now i may have to go with my mum to help with the kids.

Mumsy TRV has bin refused twice (Jan 2020- said she hasnt been refused a visa before, we didnt indicate her US renewal denial)and Feb 2020- VO said they dont believe she wld leave after her 1week Easter holiday). Now i want to apply for another TRV for her saying she wld be helping me settle in with the kids since my hubby isnt going with me.
What do you advise i do please. Do you think she may get her visa if we reapplying. What documents do you think i need to show to tackle her previous refusal comments.

Would appreciate your suggestions please.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 8:11pm On Jan 21, 2021
Sharonyeah:
So sorry about your Refusal Sharon,

Why you await response from the guru/gurus

Purpose of Visit means the visa officer is not convinced that you will leave Canada after your degree program, there are lots of reasons to this, one of them is wrong career/academic progression.

@ Lekiboboe: Thanks so much for the prompt response. I totally agree with you on getting GCMS notes which I will order for immediately.

I actually think it is more of Career Progression because the VO stated that based on level of qualification, establishment and so am not sure you will leave Canada and what I applied for initially was Ordinary Diploma even though I am graduate of Mechanical Eng.

It will end in praise.

Hello Sharonyeah,

Try to change your program. You will be fine.

Best of Luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Celoexpress: 8:30pm On Jan 21, 2021
Seems there are days for PPR.

Did anyone get PPR today please?

JustMellow:

Hello Detailedgirl,

As long as you can demonstrate that the online business is a reliable source of funds, you then have a case to build from there. Through your inflows and good closing balance coupled with other relevant financial documents i.e. sales receipt, screenshot of the online business in every platform it has presence etc, you should be fine.

Online business is a job and a way to go these days.If you have a valid or an updated LOA prior after your refuse, you're good to reapply with it. One thing you should watch out for, course correlation or study progression.

Best of Luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (736)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.