Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (852095 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bhooomie: 11:17pm On Jan 25, 2021
Thank you so much. God bless you.

JustMellow:

Hello Bhooomie,

I will go straight in permutational order to your query.

1. You don't need to apply for her.

2. Not necessarily, but mention it briefly since the VO might be curious to know about her wellbeing if you get approved. However, due to COVID-19, you have to seek approval from IRCC on her behalf for "Authorization to Travel" in order for her to be able to travel with you if your application is approved.

3. Request for the letter from the school. If its not forthcoming or if there might be some sort of delay, upload the page of the admission letter where co-op was ticked.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rani001: 11:23pm On Jan 25, 2021
Thanks alot
iampaulsmith:
Rani that’s the fee for a year (Winter term and Fall term)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Semisolasola: 12:04am On Jan 26, 2021
Pls guys for how long should my living expense money be in my Acct .? When is the ideal time frame for sponsor to transfer money to my Acct
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by omojehovah(m): 12:59am On Jan 26, 2021
OtunbaTee:

After reading this. I sighed a little and concluded that, there's no perfect application. Cos to be honest with you, my course: computer science n I graduated 2011, and I'm now going for global management course with a 2.2 , now tell me theres no God. All I believe is what God cant do doesn't exist.

Whenever u want to apply again..just hand it over to God and remind Him of His promises. What He cant do doesn't exist..
It will surely end in praise..

@Otunbatee could you please help me with the procedure to send Passport to Abuja for counterfoil stamping. I would also like to know the fees that are to be paid, especially for someone who did biometrics in Lagos.

Thanks for your time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ramobiojo: 3:11am On Jan 26, 2021
oyibo4real:
Please am still confused on this whole stuff. I was advised to apply for TRV for my accompanying child, but I just saw on IRCC website that am supposed to apply for study permit for my child. Which way guys please, I really need to submit his own cos no time again oo May is fast approaching.

Everybody please help me oo

Your child is not going there to study. You apply for TRV for him or her and indicate that he or she is accompanying you on your form.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 3:52am On Jan 26, 2021
ramobiojo:

Your child is not going there to study. You apply for TRV for him or her and indicate that he or she is accompanying you on your form.

Ok, just needed to be sure because of the contradictory message from IRCC website. Thanks alot.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 5:13am On Jan 26, 2021
Chineke m oooo!!!!

I'm filling my accompanying child's form and just realised I didn't tick yes to my own questionaire where they asked 'do you want to submit application for a family member?

OMG!!! And I was asking earlier if theres a way to link my application to my child's own What do I do guys? Can the questionaire be retrieved
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by owolabia: 5:29am On Jan 26, 2021
Rani001:
Congrats o wondering why it took this long but patience is virtueplease did you use nse or normal visa approval ?

Not NSE
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mcobex: 5:49am On Jan 26, 2021
Deohlarh20:
Hello ,please those in canada already can someone work off campus with the study permit or it's only on campus .Thanks
On and off campus, as long as you don't work more than the stipulated time you are given(about 20hrs/week during school session)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 6:35am On Jan 26, 2021
mcobex:
The letter will only be needed on arrival at the airport, so it doesn't concern IRCC.
Ok Chief, tnx xo much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 6:38am On Jan 26, 2021
Good morning to y'all

Is there anyone here who has gotten his/her Enrolment letter, and is slated to Resume May or September 2021?

Can one get enrollment letter from his/her school now, even though he/she is resuming in May or September 2021?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 6:59am On Jan 26, 2021
oyibo4real:
Chineke m oooo!!!!

I'm filling my accompanying child's form and just realised I didn't tick yes to my own questionaire where they asked 'do you want to submit application for a family member?

OMG!!! And I was asking earlier if theres a way to link my application to my child's own What do I do guys? Can the questionaire be retrieved

Please am stuck here, somebody help me abeg
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 7:12am On Jan 26, 2021
lentomac:
Good morning to y'all

Is there anyone here who has gotten his/her Enrolment letter, and is slated to Resume May or September 2021?

Can one get enrollment letter from his/her school now, even though he/she is resuming in May or September 2021?
I don't think you can get for now. Till that semesters registration starts
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by owolabia: 7:45am On Jan 26, 2021
Rani001:
Congrats o wondering why it took this long but patience is virtueplease did you use nse or normal visa approval ?

Not NSE
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ramobiojo: 8:00am On Jan 26, 2021
oyibo4real:
Chineke m oooo!!!!

So sorry about this. Have you submitted your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Imlicious: 8:10am On Jan 26, 2021
cry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anndav(f): 8:35am On Jan 26, 2021
sumsitall:

Hello Graced08, I am a work permit applicant myself. Please kindly share your timeline while stating when eligibility started because it seems to be taking forever considering it has been stuck in background check processing all this while.

Hunn you need patience o, because processing time from Nigeria is 50weeks presently. I don't even know why. Am also In The boat, I even have a work visa on my passport but I have to apply for another since my former employer back out while I was still on covid lockdown in Nigeria , and I got another employer which means another work permit since it's employer specific ( LMIA route) since I already I had an active visa I believe it will be faster but am still waiting. I think they are attending to student more because they are bringing money, ... It is well o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Drshobz(m): 9:11am On Jan 26, 2021
Rickywowoz:
Goodluck to everyone applying, people awaiting approval and people coming over in the next few weeks.
Few tips.
Its getting cold, get your sweater/jacket ready. Winter is not child's play. if you are coming to Vancouver area, there is no snow yet but its raining lots. If you can bring paracetamol or anything that relieves headache, please do because you definitely gonna get migraine at some point but if not you can buy advil or tylenol when you get here for 10$ ish

I don't know if this is still a thing with covid, see if you can open a bank account at the airport when you arrive, that way you don't have to worry about it later.

Get your SIN from service canada asap. you need it to work

Sort out your logistics, get a bus pass. most schools have student discount. Start working on getting a Canadian driver's license as soon as you can, it's very important.
Lastly if you are coming to Vancouver area. I can pick you from the airport if you are on a budget. And any other thing you might need in the first few days. it can be stressful for some people.

Good morning
Please I need u to help me out with some information
I plan on relocating to Canada
But I want to go through study visa
I plan on doing masters there .

Please what are the necessary things I need to
Do .
Please no vex for my questions
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Drshobz(m): 9:18am On Jan 26, 2021
Kimkalash:
Good afternoon guys. I arrived Canada a few hours ago and still waiting for my connecting flight to Newfoundland.

The flight was lllloooonnngggg. Ethiopian airlines is so cheap and underrated. Please try it if you have time for the stopovers.

I know you can't generalize but the border officials and immigration personnels were super nice. The guy even came to the queue, took our documents (LOA, Tuition receipt, passport and the Declaration card we filled on the plane )and issued our permits without stress. When I went to check in my luggage, the attendants were so humble and attentive.

My guys don limme go Vancouver sha. Arriving St John's after midnight.

Still so speechless I don't know what else to say

Good morning sir
Please I plan on relocating to Canada
I want to go through student visa
I plan on doing my masters there ,

Please I need step by step guideline
On how to go about it
Please don't be offended by my questions
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Maygirl953: 9:20am On Jan 26, 2021
Good morning everyone. I intend to apply for visa by February ending but I want my sponsor to give me affidavit of sponsorship now( because I'm gathering all the documents I will be needing for application), is it too early to get it for me now? Does he have to go to a court to swear the affidavit or is it just a written letter apart from the normal sponsorship letter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 9:21am On Jan 26, 2021
ramobiojo:

So sorry about this. Have you submitted your application?

Yes I've submitted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oyibo4real: 9:26am On Jan 26, 2021
oyibo4real:
Chineke m oooo!!!!

Any help on this please people?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by owolabia: 9:29am On Jan 26, 2021
wasd4luv:
Salam owolabi
Can i chat chat you up privately.. got an offer to study MEng-Civil Engineering at University of Windsor too.

WSALM

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MsJanez01: 9:29am On Jan 26, 2021
justwise:

Credit to JustMellow

Good morning Justwise,
Is there a particular way of applying for NSE. Most applicants I know got the NSE notification after applying through the normal route

Secondly for people that have funds in Mutual investment, what's their alternative to mybankstatement?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 9:33am On Jan 26, 2021
Maygirl953:
Good morning everyone. I intend to apply for visa by February ending but I want my sponsor to give me affidavit of sponsorship now( because I'm gathering all the documents I will be needing for application), is it too early to get it for me now? Does he have to go to a court to swear the affidavit or is it just a written letter apart from the normal sponsorship letter
Affidavit of support is done in court where they notarized it after drafting all what you want in the letter take it to Ikeja High court and notarize and stamp then he will also sign as the declarant

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MsJanez01: 9:33am On Jan 26, 2021
Glasses08:
You can upload the documents with your normal application.
I will advise you do a table of content so the VO knows what documents you've attached.

Did u get this information. Need this also
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 10:10am On Jan 26, 2021
Maygirl953:
No it's not too early,

Your Uncle don't need to go to the court to swear an Affidavit of Sponsorship. Only you can do the package.

Just go to Notary Public with ur Sponsor's Passport Photograph & Your Own Passport Photograph.

Go with the details of your school in CANADA (School name & Address), also go there with your Uncle's Details (Home Address)

If you are based in Lagos,

Go to IKEJA, @ Oba Akinjobi way, the road leading to Ikeja G.R.A & Ikeja High court.,
u will see some women with Umbrella, (some standing, some sitting down) mentioning the word AFFIDAVIT continuously. Meet one of them

(The place is not far from the Popular Computer Village)

Cost : The range of #1,500 to #2,500

You can also check ijaiye road axis at OGBA, IKEJA , along where WAEC and NUJ (Nigerian Union of Journalism) office are located , u will also see some Women there mentioning the Word "AFFIDAVIT"

Once you get the AFFIDAVIT OF SPONSORSHIP, take it to your uncle, there is portion for him to Sign. that portion is called DEPONENT

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 10:21am On Jan 26, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Not it's not too early,

Your Uncle don't need to go to the court to swear an Affidavit of Sponsorship. Only you can do the package.

Just go to Notary Public with ur Sponsor's Passport Photograph & Your Own Passport Photograph.

Go with the details of your school in CANADA (School name & Address)

If you are based in Lagos,

Go to IKEJA, @ Oba Akinjobi way, the road leading to Ikeja G.R.A & Ikeja High court.,
u will see some women with Umbrella, (some standing, some sitting down) mentioning the word AFFIDAVIT continuously. Meet one of them

(The place is not far from the Popular Computer Village)

Cost : The range of #1,500 to #2,500

You can also check ijaiye road axis at OGBA, IKEJA , along where WAEC and NUJ (Nigerian Union of Journalism) office are located , u will also see some Women there mentioning the Word "AFFIDAVIT"

Once you get the AFFIDAVIT OF SPONSORSHIP, take it to your uncle, there is portion for him to Sign.
After reading this, I realised my dad didn't sign oo. I hope it won't affect me?. I didn't see any portion where my dad will sign
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 10:22am On Jan 26, 2021
hayour00:
Hi,

I'm currently working on completing my study permit application. I completed IELTS & upfront medical and i would like my application to go through the NSE route.

Should i submit my regular application and wait for them to request for the medical result, my bank statement and IELTS result for the NSE route or is it okay to upload everything upfront?

Please advice.
Yes you can,

See this

Guidelines on how to Make a Table Of Content (In Bullets) & Merge your documents for CLIENT INFORMATION section & PROOF OF FUNDS SECTION according to how it is listed on your Bulleted Table of Content
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/115#91040264

DETAILED LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR STUDY VISA AND THEIR APPROPRIATE CATEGORIES FOR UPLOAD
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/274#93325073

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by FrancesU: 10:30am On Jan 26, 2021
Hello, I'm new here and still trying to figure out how this platform works.
I would like to ask a question about proof of funds. Please can someone who is not a direct relative act as my sponsor for my study permit? And is it a must that the money must be transferred to my parent's account? Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 10:36am On Jan 26, 2021
Rootiab:
After reading this, I realised my dad didn't sign oo. I hope it won't affect me?. I didn't see any portion where my dad will sign
That I can't tell (hopefully it won't affect you).

There ought to be a Portion called DEPONENT on that AFFIDAVIT OF SPONSORSHIP, that's where your DAD is suppose to sign

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 10:48am On Jan 26, 2021
MsJanez01:

Good morning Justwise,
Is there a particular way of applying for NSE. Most applicants I know got the NSE notification after applying through the normal route

Secondly for people that have funds in Mutual investment, what's their alternative to mybankstatement?
To your first question,

it's the same way you will apply for the Regular Channel you will apply for the NSE route, the only difference is the way NSE route requires you to do Proof of Funds i.e MybankStatement Ticket & the amount $30,000 CAD & the English test (IELTS) requirement.

If you submit the above required NSE documents together with other Documents for your study VISA APPLICATION, your application will be processed via the NSE route.

It's even safe to say that if they don't get back to you after 20-30 days of submitting your application (NSE Processing time) , you are at liberty to send a Webform & Mails to IRCC and tell them your Application has exceeded the standard processing time of 20 days. An UPRONT Medicals might possibly expedite this process (I stand to be corrected on this).

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (736)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.