Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,945 members, 7,806,738 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (856428 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by bisolaemilia(f): 7:04pm On Jan 26, 2021
Hi Guys,

Please can someone help list out the docs I need to take for my travel? Just double checking to confirm I have all I need. I see something about eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization), is this the same as the ArriveCAN?

My flight is tomorrow.

I would really appreciate.

Thank you.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Celoexpress: 7:13pm On Jan 26, 2021
Hi guys,

For those that deferred.

Did you need to ask the school for a new admission letter and sent to the embassy ahead or there is no need to or did you need to inform the embassy via gc key portal that you have deferred or I should just defer, no need to inform the embassy, just chill for the PPR then continue with my admission that way.

School needs me to drop out this week as my sponsor does not want to balance up my tuition fees without PPR from the embassy to avoid refund issues even though I made some deposit before I applied initially.

What do you advise or what did others do?

Please help awys, frankrobbin, otunbatee, lekkibobo, anon, and anyone that has been through the stage.

D
awys:

Yeah it's good all schools in Canada at least most are good and have their own good standards and ratings. It's now left for you to do a thorough search to see which of them that offers the course you want to study so all schools in Canada are very good compared to ours here so the choice is yours
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sleekcheek: 7:36pm On Jan 26, 2021
You can defer and wait for your PPR without sending the new LOA to IRCC until they request for it and you can also choose to send the new LOA immediately you get it via web form. Either way works

Celoexpress:
Hi guys,

For those that deferred.

Did you need to ask the school for a new admission letter and sent to the embassy ahead or there is no need to or did you need to inform the embassy via gc key portal that you have deferred or I should just defer, no need to inform the embassy, just chill for the PPR then continue with my admission that way.

School needs me to drop out this week as my sponsor does not want to balance up my tuition fees without PPR from the embassy to avoid refund issues even though I made some deposit before I applied initially.

What do you advise or what did others do?

Please help awys, frankrobbin, otunbatee, lekkibobo, anon, and anyone that has been through the stage.

D
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Maprince4: 7:56pm On Jan 26, 2021
Hello house, it's been 5 working days that I have done my upfront medical test now and have not received any update?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 8:10pm On Jan 26, 2021
Maprince4:
Hello house, it's been 5 working days that I have done my upfront medical test now and have not received any update?
Have you sent the E-medical Sheet given to you at the Clinic to IRCC via Webform & Mail?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by IghravweIG(m): 8:35pm On Jan 26, 2021
Hello everyone and Elders of the house.

I'm new here and want to start my post graduate application to study in Canada. I'm totally a novice at this so i need plenty help.

What do i start with? I don't have a passport yet, should i start applying?

I'll be glad if any goodhearted person can lead me.

Abeg make una no vex for my questions, i be learner.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yteem: 8:51pm On Jan 26, 2021
bisolaemilia:
Hi Guys,

Please can someone help list out the docs I need to take for my travel? Just double checking to confirm I have all I need. I see something about eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization), is this the same as the ArriveCAN?

My flight is tomorrow.

Thank you.

POF (Statement of account)
ArriveCAN details/receipt
Negative Covid 19 test result
Enrollment Letter
LOA
LOI
Tuition Receipt

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yteem: 8:57pm On Jan 26, 2021
bisolaemilia:
Hi Guys,

My flight is tomorrow.

Thank you.

Safe trip ahead and all the very best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Celoexpress: 9:24pm On Jan 26, 2021
Thank you so much.

I do not think the school gives a new LOA until it's close to the new semester.

I just received my GCMS notes now. Will go through and know what to do next.

sleekcheek:
You can defer and wait for your PPR without sending the new LOA to IRCC until they request for it and you can also choose to send the new LOA immediately you get it via web form. Either way works

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by senator77: 9:28pm On Jan 26, 2021
Hello everyone, is there any issue for a study permit applicant that can only show tuition & maintenance fees of first year for a 2yr PGD in a uni. Is it compulsory one has complete tuition & maintenance fees for the 2 yrs? Please help respond.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Wifefo88: 9:39pm On Jan 26, 2021
olabisi6438:
I did upfront medicals today. What next?
Hello bro...I have my upfront tomorrow please what time did you get to the clinic for your appointment??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by elizyous: 9:48pm On Jan 26, 2021
Good evening all,

Please I am trying to put together my visa application. I had written in my SOP that myself and hubby will sponsor my study.

Now my uncle in Canada wants to pay part of my tuition. Do you think its a good idea or will it complicate things?

Please gurus in the house, help. I need candid advice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Idoctor: 9:57pm On Jan 26, 2021
Hi.please I'm interested.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Celoexpress: 9:58pm On Jan 26, 2021
Guys, how do you know from GCMS if you will be approved? Also, what do you look out for to know if there is hope? The pages are a lot up to 58 and I did not really see anything like AIP in progress there. This information means a lot to me which is why I need to know cause I need to balance tuition this friday and not need to defer anymore.

[b][/b]
elizyous:
Good evening all,

Please I am trying to put together my visa application. I had written in my SOP that myself and hubby will sponsor my study.

Now my uncle in Canada wants to pay part of my tuition. Do you think its a good idea or will it complicate things?

Please gurus in the house, help. I need candid advice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Salientjoe: 10:00pm On Jan 26, 2021
Salientjoe:
Good day house,

Who has paid tuition via Form A recently? Which bank and what rate? I'm so tired of Zenith Bank, it's the 3rd week already.

Anyone please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by IghravweIG(m): 10:01pm On Jan 26, 2021
Lekiboboe:

First of all

Get your

- International Passport
- Academic Transcript from the school you graduated from (Student Copy)
- Certificate
- Resume & CV (Might be optional) , for Masters , you need an Academic CV

they might be more, but these are the basic First Hand documents I feel you need to get

Since you are a first timer, read the content in the link below from the beginning to the end
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/558#96300254

So If you meet the Admission requirements for the Post Graduate program you wanna go for, apply for the Admission, after gaining admission, and you get your LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE (ADMISSION LETTER)

this is your next move (apply for Study);

To Apply for a Canada Study Visa, go through all the content in the link below thoroughly

CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION FULL GUIDE (D-I-Y) & other Useful Information pertaining to Canada Study Visa
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/341#94059644

If you have further questions as you work on it stage by stage, endeavor to ask questions here in the forum , Gurus & Members in house would respond
Thanks. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by KejiA: 10:09pm On Jan 26, 2021
Salientjoe:
Good day house,

Who has paid tuition via Form A recently? Which bank and what rate? I'm so tired of Zenith Bank, it's the 3rd week already.
hi, I paid via fidelity bank last week Wednesday at 395 USD

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by elizyous: 10:11pm On Jan 26, 2021
Salientjoe:

Anyone please?

I went there and filled the form for mine. They said I should get my hopes up cuz dollar is scarce. They said that it is subject to availability.

Can someone over there pay for it on ones behalf? How do we present such transaction while writing the SOP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yteem: 10:21pm On Jan 26, 2021
Celoexpress:
Guys, how do you know from GCMS if you will be approved? Also, what do you look out for to know if there is hope? The pages are a lot up to 58 and I did not really see anything like AIP in progress there. This information means a lot to me which is why I need to know cause I need to balance tuition this friday and not need to defer anymore.

[b][/b]

Try and check between the 10th to 15th page if you will get the information you need.

If not, then you need to take time to read through.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Celoexpress: 10:34pm On Jan 26, 2021
Thank you.

Please someone send me the link to full details on accessibility, eligibility review and background check.

Yteem:

Try and check between the 10th to 15th page if you will get the information you need.

If not, then you need to take time to read through.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by YemmyPOG: 10:36pm On Jan 26, 2021
There's a short review labelled as "Text" , it is often found towards the end of the pages. Mine was on page 43 of 44pages. It explains the VO's line of thought and decision made after reviewing your application.

Celoexpress:

[b][/b]

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Celoexpress: 10:40pm On Jan 26, 2021
I can't find it here, maybe because my application still says in progress.

My eligibility shows recommend interview, criminality passed, medicals passed, info sharing in progress and final shows blank.

Please can someone explain what it means?

YemmyPOG:
There's a short review labelled as "Text" , it is often found towards the end of the pages. Mine was on page 43 of 44pages. It explains the VO's line of thought and decision made after reviewing your application.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OBANLABAMIDELE2: 10:46pm On Jan 26, 2021
Hello everyone
Please I was sent NSE from the embassy on the 17th of November since then till now is two months and some week's but the embassy hasn't given me any response yet please what can I do please??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by YemmyPOG: 10:46pm On Jan 26, 2021
From what I have read from past threads about "Recommend interview", it is often a positive sign. They may require further documents to
clarify some reservations they still have or the senior officer may just overlook and approve it.. Keep your fingers crossed and PRAY for goodluck.
It shall end in Praise in Jesus name.

Celoexpress:
I can't find it here, maybe because my application still says in progress.

My eligibility shows recommend interview, criminality passed, medicals passed, info sharing in progress and final shows blank.

Please can someone explain what it means?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 11:00pm On Jan 26, 2021
Celoexpress:
Thank you.

Please someone send me the link to full details on accessibility, eligibility review and background check.

Go through this two links

Background Check & Eligibility Review
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/37#97550924

https://www.nairaland.com/5233221/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/397#83984301

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Osamedehenry(m): 11:04pm On Jan 26, 2021
Hello house
I would like to ask am I going to notarize WAEC,BSc certificate,Transcript ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Celoexpress: 11:05pm On Jan 26, 2021

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Celoexpress: 11:07pm On Jan 26, 2021
Thank you so much. The primary office reviewing my application is Nairobi and the secondary office is London. I have not been sending webforms to London but I will start doing that now even though I have been copying them in the mails sent.

YemmyPOG:
From what I have read from past threads about "Recommend interview", it is often a positive sign. They may require further documents to
clarify some reservations they still have or the senior officer may just overlook and approve it.. Keep your fingers crossed and PRAY for goodluck.
It shall end in Praise in Jesus name.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by tracy0803409: 11:23pm On Jan 26, 2021
AdoChel:

May I reach out to you?
Pls I need to chat up with you, pleasssssse

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 11:38pm On Jan 26, 2021
OBANLABAMIDELE2:
Hello everyone
Please I was sent NSE from the embassy on the 17th of November since then till now is two months and some week's but the embassy hasn't given me any response yet please what can I do please??

Did you submit the required NSE DOCUMENTS?

If not, what does the "Review of Additional Documents" section on your portal say?

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (736)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.