Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,944 members, 7,806,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (856426 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Cuddles7: 1:32am On Jan 30, 2021
My spouse got a 2nd refusal today for exact same reasons.. personal assets and financial status. Meanwhile we had about 9.5 million in his account and we submitted 12 months banking history via mybankstatement. Plus showed he is a member of a board of a company that has been running for over 35yrs. (Family business)

Seems judicial review is the only way out now. Cos there's nothing more to add.

First refusal was based on purpose of visit in September. Reapplied November now this....it's heartbreaking.

Time2soar1:
Sorry for the refusal. I got refused today also based on the exact reasons, personal assets and financial status. I am self sponsor and submitted proof of fund of over C$70,000 both MBS and mutual fund as well as company documents but I did not attach any landed property. It is well

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by fratermathy(m): 2:32am On Jan 30, 2021
Sugarbunny94:
IT HAS ENDED IN PRAISES!!!!

Applied November 8 with my 4 months old baby.

BVL January 29th
PPR January 29th

Fully Funded scholarship at McGill University.

I looked for scholarship for 4 Years!!!

Faculty of Engineering.

Ph.D.1 (No masters)

I switched from my undergraduate major to a new one.

IT IS INDEED A MIRACLE!!!

Thank you Nairaland Family for your assistance from the beginning of my application to the end.

Special thanks to @ JustMellow and Frankrobbn.

God bless you guys.

Congratulations!

If you ever need assistance in Montreal or with McGill related issues, feel free to reach out. Bienvenue au Montreal!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by fratermathy(m): 2:47am On Jan 30, 2021
If you've received the PPR, I strongly advise that you travel to Canada ASAP. Further travel restrictions may be underway. No one knows for sure if they would affect students but currently, all flights to and fro Mexico and the Caribbean would be stopped until April 2021. This would definitely affect students in those countries who need to travel. The list of countries can increase at any time too.

Apart from country-specific bans, they are trying to force all travellers to start their quarantine in a government designated hotel (which would be very expensive). This is only a hint of greater restrictions to come. The Quebec government is putting pressure on the Canadian government to even extend these restrictions and make them tougher. Again, I don't know the extent to which students will be affected or even if they would be affected at all, but if you have your PPR and for some reason you're delaying your travel, you should reconsider.

If you're Montreal bound, I'm happy to help you settle down to the best of my ability and as far as time allows. I won't be able to give you money, but I can provide you information, accommodation options, minor assistance (I can even drive), and a friendly walk/drive around the city to show you around if you want. I enjoyed these things from others when I arrived, and I'm glad to return the favour.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by iampaulsmith(m): 3:20am On Jan 30, 2021
Hi Fratermathy. I sent you a mail yesterday on our previous conversation, please do check it out. Thanks
fratermathy:

Congratulations!
If you ever need assistance in Montreal or with McGill related issues, feel free to reach out. Bienvenue au Montreal!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by fratermathy(m): 3:48am On Jan 30, 2021
iampaulsmith:
Hi Fratermathy. I sent you a mail yesterday on our previous conversation, please do check it out. Thanks

I've replied.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by fratermathy(m): 3:53am On Jan 30, 2021
Mzflexydeeva:
Good afternoon everyone, please I am relatively new here and don't even know where to start reading. I would like someone to help out.
I am a master holder, it's my first time trying any travel process. Want to do my PhD in Canada. Would appreciate someone just pointing me in the right direction. I already know what school j want to apply to

The right direction could be any direction. It's better to do some research (as you claim to have done) and ask specific questions. PhD is not the same across Canada and across all disciplines. What works for Anatomy won't work for History. What obtains at UAlberta won't necessarily apply to UCalgary, despite being in the same province. No one can give a wild card overview of PhD programs and their admission processes in one post smiley.

So I'll return the question to you: what direction do you want to be pointed to? If you can help us, I'm certain we'd help you very well.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olasubomy: 5:29am On Jan 30, 2021
https://twitter.com/CPAC_TV/status/1355198861229371395?s=08

This link is a guide for those planning to travel to Canada to enable you plan your journey.

There appears to be more tighter restrictions underway.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 5:48am On Jan 30, 2021
fratermathy:
If you've received the PPR, I strongly advise that you travel to Canada ASAP. Further travel restrictions may be underway. No one knows for sure if they would affect students but currently, all flights to and fro Mexico and the Caribbean would be stopped until April 2021. This would definitely affect students in those countries who need to travel. The list of countries can increase at any time too.

Apart from country-specific bans, they are trying to force all travellers to start their quarantine in a government designated hotel (which would be very expensive). This is only a hint of greater restrictions to come. The Quebec government is putting pressure on the Canadian government to even extend these restrictions and make them tougher. Again, I don't know the extent to which students will be affected or even if they would be affected at all, but if you have your PPR and for some reason you're delaying your travel, you should reconsider.

If you're Montreal bound, I'm happy to help you settle down to the best of my ability and as far as time allows. I won't be able to give you money, but I can provide you information, accommodation options, minor assistance (I can even drive), and a friendly walk/drive around the city to show you around if you want. I enjoyed these things from others when I arrived, and I'm glad to return the favour.
Hi Fratermathy,

Do you suggest a Sept. 2021 intake who has gotten PPR travel to Canada aswell?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by fratermathy(m): 5:57am On Jan 30, 2021
lentomac:

Hi Fratermathy,

Do you suggest a Sept. 2021 intake who has gotten PPR travel to Canada aswell?

There is no urgent reason for anyone in that category to travel now. Many of these restrictions are reactionary and may gradually fizzle out before September, as long as the vaccines continue to be distributed and a new vaccine-resistant strain doesn't become a problem. Those for September intake should consider travelling by mid-late July/early August.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 6:22am On Jan 30, 2021
fratermathy:

There is no urgent reason for anyone in that category to travel now. Many of these restrictions are reactionary and may gradually fizzle out before September, as long as the vaccines continue to be distributed and a new vaccine-resistant strain doesn't become a problem. Those for September intake should consider travelling by mid-late July/early August.

Alright, Thanks so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 6:33am On Jan 30, 2021
fratermathy:

But one can't enter till one before resumption max Abi?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sleekcheek: 8:27am On Jan 30, 2021
Please how many winter 2021 intakes are still awaiting final decision. Let’s know ourselves

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Damidolly: 8:28am On Jan 30, 2021
Good morning house, please I need someone with a credit card who can assist to pay application fee, just $120cad and I will transfer the naira equivalent asap. Application closes Feb 1, help a brother oooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Time2soar1: 8:29am On Jan 30, 2021
Cuddles7:
My spouse got a 2nd refusal today for exact same reasons.. personal assets and financial status. Meanwhile we had about 9.5 million in his account and we submitted 12 months banking history via mybankstatement. Plus showed he is a member of a board of a company that has been running for over 35yrs. (Family business)

First refusal was based on purpose of visit in September. Reapplied November now this....it's heartbreaking.

Sorry about your spouse refusal. May be this financial status also has to do with the age of the applicant. May be they expect more personal assets from very matured students with family. My company has been running for over 15 years and I am the majority share holder yet I was refused for personal assets and financial status

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Cuddles7: 8:38am On Jan 30, 2021
Thanks. Sorry about yours too.

How much do they want us to show now? Shebi they asked for 30,000 CAD, his account showed a little more than that.

The company is worth over a 100 million even though we didn't put the property value.

He paid his full fees too so not included in the 30,000 CAD in his account.

Are you planning to reapply?

Time2soar1:

Sorry about your spouse refusal. May be this financial status also has to do with the age of the applicant. May be they expect more personal assets from very matured students with family. My company has been running for over 15 years and I am the majority share holder yet I was refused for personal assets and financial status
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 30, 2021
sleekcheek:
Please how many winter 2021 intakes are still awaiting final decision. Let’s know ourselves

Here. I applied in Nov.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mankind5050(m): 8:45am On Jan 30, 2021
Got delayed too yesterday based on purpose of visit.If I were delayed coz of financial status. I will just pay full tuition and do a GIC of $10,000.
That should remove all doubt concerning finances
Cuddles7:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Time2soar1: 8:47am On Jan 30, 2021
Cuddles7:
Thanks. Sorry about yours too.

How much do they want us to show now? Shebi they asked for 30,000 CAD, his account showed a little more than that.

The company is worth over a 100 million even though we didn't put the property value.

He paid his full fees too so not included in the 30,000 CAD in his account.

Are you planning to reapply?

Yes I hope to reappy but I want to get my gcms notes first to see what informed the visa officer decision
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Elizdee: 8:49am On Jan 30, 2021
mankind5050:
Got delayed too yesterday based on purpose of study.If I were delayed coz offinancial status. I will just pay full tuition and do a GIC of $10,000.
That should remove all though concerning finances

Sorry for the delay. Please reapply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sleekcheek: 8:49am On Jan 30, 2021
I like the way u put it, u got delayed. Nice one

mankind5050:
Got delayed too yesterday based on purpose of study.If I were delayed coz offinancial status. I will just pay full tuition and do a GIC of $10,000.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sleekcheek: 8:49am On Jan 30, 2021
Did u get and responded to the NSE request?

Tohbieee:

Here. I applied in Nov.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by notkenny: 9:19am On Jan 30, 2021
Morning guys.

Please does anyone have a sample of affidavit of return or can anyone point me to the thread where its been posted/discussed?

God bless.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mobi22: 10:06am On Jan 30, 2021
mankind5050:

Love the word you used there

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Maputhohq: 10:35am On Jan 30, 2021
Good day everyone,

I'm a graduate of mass communication with a 3.89 CGPA looking to study in Canada. I would really appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction as to what study programme and course to choose (Postgraduate Certificate or Masters) and what universities or colleges I can look out for. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 10:38am On Jan 30, 2021
Time2soar1:

Its only God that knows this aspect ooo...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Patricknetter: 10:40am On Jan 30, 2021
Patricknetter:

Pls, hw do I go about writing this exams for English proficiency?

Pls, hw do I go about writing this exams for English proficiency? Pls help a brother
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Patricknetter: 10:44am On Jan 30, 2021
Hello, good evening, please I want to apply/study post graduate certificate course in canada is there high chances of me getting the Canadian visa... Pls help a brother
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Hurllarh: 10:45am On Jan 30, 2021
Good day house! please is there anyone here that has a medical booked for either Qlife or IOM for next week but won't be able to go cos of any reasons? I've got a medical booked for the middle of February but I'm hoping for a sooner date, and I'll be glad to trade medical appointment date with anyone who might be willing. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Cuddles7: 11:05am On Jan 30, 2021
He paid full tuition too.

I dunno what else they want

First refusal was based on purpose of visit. Now they have transformed it to personal assets and financial status

mankind5050:
Got delayed too yesterday based on purpose of visit.If I were delayed coz of financial status. I will just pay full tuition and do a GIC of $10,000.
That should remove all doubt concerning finances
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 11:11am On Jan 30, 2021
Cuddles7:
He paid full tuition too.

I dunno what else they want

First refusal was based on purpose of visit. Now they have transformed it to personal assets and financial status

from my own understanding they didn't check his school fees receipts. They only check the bank statements and his personal assets
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by englois: 11:15am On Jan 30, 2021
There are some annoying questions people ask on this threads that makes one wonder if they even went to school at all. Try and read through some threads in part 16, 17 & 18 and you will be well informed of what it takes to apply to schools and process study permit. After reading, then any clarification you have will be easily rendered.
Pleas desist from being lazy. If you can't read, get an AGENT. Some will ask questions that can be easily gotten from GOOGLE.
Don't get me wrong. No man is an island and we all need clarifications from time to time.
Thanks.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 11:27am On Jan 30, 2021
Maputhohq:
Good day everyone,

I'm a graduate of mass communication with a 3.89 CGPA looking to study in Canada. I would really appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction as to what study programme and course to choose (Postgraduate Certificate or Masters) and what universities or colleges I can look out for. Thank you.
Why you wait for the gurus to respond, this is my opinion.

With your 3.89 CGPA, You are eligible to apply for a Masters in Mass Comm. related program

Go through the post in the Link below to see Masters programs you can do
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/165#98339669

After you have gone through the Schools,

The contents in this two links will help you
to prepare & package your application for an M.SC admission, securing a Supervisor & Possible Funding (Scholarship)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

For those sending emails to professors
If you want to know why:
-The Prof ignores your email
-The Prof deletes it without responding
-The Prof sends a negative response
-The Prof sends a positive response
Read this piece by Prof. marc dube, University of Ottawa, Canada
https://www./looking-graduate-student-position-heres-how-avoid-frustration-dub%C3%A9/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (736)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.