Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (857117 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by yeankux: 9:04am On Dec 24, 2020
how do i opt for the NSE when i have already apply online and done biometric?

justwise:

Credit to JustMellow
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by skull4eva: 9:25am On Dec 24, 2020
Chukwubuikexo:
The mybankstatement should contain your Ticket ID and passcode. The bank can either provide it online or you would have to visit the bank. The mybankstatement and the normal bank statement contain the same thing but their mode of delivery is different.
The NSE requires the mybankstatement with ticket ID and passcode
Thanks broda how do i get the one with ticket id and passcode becos the my bankstatement that i printed from my app does not how that ticket id and passcode. I use UBA
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by davo99: 9:34am On Dec 24, 2020
grin Omo.. I had a dream this morning that I was reading Nairaland and saw 3 approvals and 1 rejection testimony on the thread. I woke up with so much "alertness" cos it felt so real.

grin grin And that's only because this thing is the first and last thing on my mind day and night.

Can't wait for this to be all a testimony tbh�, cos abeg abeg, the anticipation is too much.
God has done it sha, it will end in praise.

Any NSE updates from any early November applicants abeg?

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chukwubuikexo: 10:24am On Dec 24, 2020
Visit you bank and request for “MyBankstament Ticket" tell them that you need it for your Canadian study visa
skull4eva:

Thanks broda how do i get the one with ticket id and passcode becos the my bankstatement that i printed from my app does not how that ticket id and passcode. I use UBA
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 10:37am On Dec 24, 2020
yeankux:

yea i guess, but did you submit all the Requirement For NSE while applying too, like your IELTS . i just want to know if they will still send it since i have not receive anything yet

They should send it. It takes more time for some people.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ose2021: 10:43am On Dec 24, 2020
Please can pension account be used as proof of funds?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 10:48am On Dec 24, 2020
Hello Everyone.

I had my Biometrics done on Tuesday, December 22 and received NSE request this morning, December 24. (I was literally shaking when I saw the donotreply email grin, plus I saw request letter on the portal and all my mind was medical request grin grin grin)

To continue with my question, I've Noticed some persons receive the NSE request later than some others. This leads to the questions I have..

1) Is there any chance IRCC looks at the applications before sending out NSE requests? The quickest NSE request I've seen here is 1 week if I'm not wrong.

2) If the answer to question 1 is YES, can any deductions be made from this quick response?

I look forward to your responses.

IT WILL END IN PRAISE
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by skull4eva: 11:02am On Dec 24, 2020
Chukwubuikexo:
Visit you bank and request for “MyBankstament Ticket" tell them that you need it for your Canadian study visa
Ok broda thank you i will do that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JohnErrin: 11:31am On Dec 24, 2020
I have gotten my nse requirements ready to submit now. Just one question for the financial docs do I need to submit all or just the bank statements?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by milkytins(m): 11:34am On Dec 24, 2020
My people, I need your guide again. My previous application for study permit (M.Sc.) was denied due to my career progression (cos i already have M.Sc and PhD). I added my wife and daughter to the application but their own applications are still in progress since July 22, 2020. We are yet to do our biometrics.
To God be the glory, I received a full time offer letter for Post-doctoral fellow from University of Northern British Columbia and I have been given an employee number.
Now I want to apply for work permit.
Can I link the existing applications for my wife and daughter with my own new application? Or should I cancel their applications and reapply for all of us?
Can we still use the previous biometric request letters (date on it was July 22, 2020), and add it to previous application (note that my own has been denied and no decision on their own yet)? Or should we pay for new biometric?
Please any info on this will be appreciated.
Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Salientjoe: 11:37am On Dec 24, 2020
Rootiab:
you can use form A

Okay, Thank you

Did you pay in CAD or USD?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Salientjoe: 11:39am On Dec 24, 2020
Rootiab:
you can use form A

Thank you.

Was the payment in USD or CAD?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Insanity(m): 11:51am On Dec 24, 2020
Bettybarbie9:
Good day people . Please I’m new here . I have a question . I want to migrate to canada via study route . But my major issue is my CGPA i had 2.70 on a 5 point scalein human physiology (2:2) My questions are
1) can I get masters directly (even if it is in unpopular university)
2( how much should I budget for this ?
3) which school should I apply to ?

Thanks in advance

1. No, it's highly difficult, if not impossible, to get into a masters program with your CGPA. Your best bet is a postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma.

2. Depends on the school, tuition fee varies. Just know you must have the 1year tuition and 1year living expenses(CAD$10,000) ready in your sponsors account (If you're sponsored)or the full tuition for the whole program and living expenses for the whole duration in your personal account, preferably (If you're self sponsored).

This is just a very rough guide, read more information here to get enough details.

Goodluck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 11:55am On Dec 24, 2020
JohnErrin:
I have gotten my nse requirements ready to submit now. Just one question for the financial docs do I need to submit all or just the bank statements?

If the ticket number was generated I think that's all you need to send (just the mybankstatement). See attached screenshots. I believe the first image is what it should look like.

Goodluck

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ckechi: 12:03pm On Dec 24, 2020
yeankux:

yea i guess, but did you submit all the Requirement For NSE while applying too, like your IELTS . i just want to know if they will still send it since i have not receive anything yet

No I didn't, I just submitted documents for a normal application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by MadeMan01(m): 12:06pm On Dec 24, 2020
milkytins:
My people, I need your guide again. My previous application for study permit (M.Sc.) was denied due to my career progression (cos i already have M.Sc and PhD). I added my wife and daughter to the application but their own applications are still in progress since July 22, 2020. We are yet to do our biometrics.
To God be the glory, I received a full time offer letter for Post-doctoral fellow from University of Northern British Columbia and I have been given an employee number.
Now I want to apply for work permit.
Can I link the existing applications for my wife and daughter with my own new application? Or should I cancel their applications and reapply for all of us?
Can we still use the previous biometric request letters (date on it was July 22, 2020), and add it to previous application (note that my own has been denied and no decision on their own yet)? Or should we pay for new biometric?
Please any info on this will be appreciated.
Thank you.

To the best of my knowledge, BIL issued in July were valid for 90 days due to closure of VAC for COVID lockdown. It expired in October. Was it extended for you? If not, You have to apply afresh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Insanity(m): 12:08pm On Dec 24, 2020
Ose2021:
Please can pension account be used as proof of funds?

No, it can't be use. At best, it can be used as a home tie.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chocs(f): 12:15pm On Dec 24, 2020
As long as the money comes from his account, the transfer shows on his bank statement and the credit carries his name in your own bank statement, you should be fine. He should state it in his sponsorship letter that the living expenses (the actual amount should be mentioned) has been transferred to you.

I’m not knowledgeable enough to review your SOP unfortunately. Hopefully someone here can help you.

Best wishes
RxOtunba:
Thanks boss! I explained to my dad already that there's no need to add his company's bank statement, just as you advised. So now, d plan is to go with only his personal acct of 15m balance after living expenses has been transferred to my own account. Is it okay to apply within 1 week that the living expenses gets into my account? Please can you help review my SOP or refer me to someone. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chocs(f): 12:23pm On Dec 24, 2020
Hello Phatkayconcept

I did not need a covid-19 test. They just needed the receipt from arriveCAN app.

You can mail the airline, tell them your route (departure, transit and destination country) and ask them if you require a test. Find an email sample and their email addresses below.

Good afternoon dear Sir/Madam,

Please I would like to ask if I require a covid-19 test. I could not find this information anywhere.
I will be traveling with Ethiopian airline from Lagos, Nigeria to ABC, Canada through this route:

Abuja ——> Addis Ababa —-> Dublin —-> Toronto ——-> final destination.

abvres@ethiopianairlines.com

abvcto@ethiopianairlines.com

Abvonlinedesk@Ethiopianairlines.com

Tilahuntd@ethiopianairlines.com

Thank you.
Regards

Your name

All the best and have a safe flight.
Phatkayconcept:
Hi guys!

Please those who travelled recently, Lagos to Canada with Ethiopian airline, abeg do I need COVID-19 test?

I heard that some people were not allowed to board because of COVID-19 test, people who recently travelled please comment on this please, my travel is few days from now.

Abeg, abeg!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sisikemi23: 12:37pm On Dec 24, 2020
Hi guys; I just got this letter from IRCC, they are requesting for a 6months old account statement and ietls results

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RxOtunba: 12:39pm On Dec 24, 2020
Thanks so much boss! I really appreciate....Have a wonderful Christmas celebration
Chocs:
As long as the money comes from his account, the transfer shows on his bank statement and the credit carries his name in your own bank statement, you should be fine. He should state it in his sponsorship letter that the living expenses (the actual amount should be mentioned) has been transferred to you.

I’m not knowledgeable enough to review your SOP unfortunately. Hopefully someone here can help you.

Best wishes

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sisikemi23: 12:39pm On Dec 24, 2020
Hello everyone, I submitted my application not long ago and I got a letter from ircc requesting for my ietls and a 6 months old account statement. Should I be worried?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Dovelove543: 12:50pm On Dec 24, 2020
So Guys I didn't know a new thread has been created because I've been on transit and currently in quarantine. Although I thought it's not so necessary as some colleague here have shared their experience but I believe this could still be a guide for some of you.
My Destination was Hamilton (McMaster University)
Airline: Ethiopian Airlines
Departure: 18th of Dec. 2020
Arrival: 19th of Dec. 2020

I was living in Chevron Lekki, so I left by 6 am to avoid traffic. I used Taxify. We got to the Airport (MMIA) by 7:12 am and waited for check-in to begin by 8 am.

When check-in started at MMIA, The immigration was checking traveling bags and even those with foodstuff were giving them tips. It got to my turn they ask me to go. I didn't go with any foodstuff and they didn't check me.

At Ethiopian Airlines I was asked to present my Enrolment letter and Passport and thereafter asked to wait until it is verified, after about 20-30 minutes I was cleared and given a boarding pass (2 boarding pass-1 from Lagos to Ethiopian, 2 from Ethiopia to Dublin to refill and then en route to Toronto), a yellow paper for a declaration (this will be collected by Immigration along the line, please ask a question from official if you don't know what to do, My bags were check-in except for the one with a laptop and my documents (please fill your final destination well). Nigerian immigration was busy asking for tips...I no give them shi....but I was friendly to them sha.............. We waited until 11 am when boarding started. Please lest I forget you will pass through 8 checkings or more before you reach the boarding area so carry a little bag, maybe your laptop bag and documents. some carried big bags, anyway the choice is yours. The plane let by few minutes to 2 pm.

We got to Ethiopia by 9 pm. The flight was 5 hours and 20 mins but the arrival time is because of the time difference. We drove from the plane to the Airport Terminal and went through a long walk inside the Airport (all man for himself). Please ask questions make you no go follow those going to Dubia or Mozambique. At the boarding zone in Etiopia, we boarded just about 30 mins and flew for another 6 hours to Dublin, refilled for about 1 hour, and flew for about 6 hours to Toronto. Inside the flight, before you reach Toronto Airport, you will be given some forms to fill, please fill it inside the plane. (Abeg carry a pen with you make you no go dey beg biro).

At Toronto Airport, it was a long lonely walk because we were release in batches because of COVID-19 so you may see yourself walking alone. Please follow the signs. Fill your ArriveCAN on your phone and show your phone to them. I snapped it and show the snapped receipt (containing letters) to them. You will also be asked along the way to submit the documents you filled on the plane to immigration. At POE, the Canadian immigration that attended to me asked me for Acceptance Letter (AL) and Prove of tuition payment....I gave her my AL and my Enrolment Letter. She told me congratulation because I had a scholarship and TA (Teaching Assistantship) and encourage me to apply for PR. I collected my study permit, passport, social Insurance form, and when to pick my check-in baggage. Thereafter, the Airways Transit taxi I booked from Nigeria was waiting for me outside. The retired Canadian Taxi man that drove me was nice and we talked until I got to my quarantine residence. Since then I have been receiving free meals 3 times daily until next year with free WiFi (14 days).

I had a zoom discussion with my supervisor yesterday and by the new year, work starts. I encourage every one of you to never give up, even if not for anything but for your children. Nigeria is dying. We will try to be here whenever we can to assist, all the best all.

Lest I forget, Hamilton went into lockdown on the 21 Dec. and Toronto will be going into lockdown on the 26th of Dec. but I don't know if this affects international flight. I'm not sure I remembered everything but if you ask me I go answer.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 1:05pm On Dec 24, 2020
sisikemi23:
Hello everyone, I submitted my application not long ago and I got a letter from ircc requesting for my ietls and a 6 months old account statement. Should I be worried?

No, you shouldn't be worried.
If I'm correct, the letter was about NSE and informed you about faster visa processing times(20 days as opposed to the usual 2months+).

So the bank statement should be generated via mybankstatement service. You should reach out to your bank as regards this. This statement should have a balance of at least 30k Canadian Balance.

Concerning IELTS, you need to score an average of 6.0. I'll advise you register for the Computer based version of IELTS so you can receive your results earlier.

I'm sure you also saw the part where they mentioned that your application will be processed the normal way if you do not submit the two documents after 1 month I think. If you feel you won't be able to send those documents, you can ignore the letter and your application will be processed the usual way.

May I ask when you did your biometrics?

I wish you luck in your application.

Cheers smiley

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 1:05pm On Dec 24, 2020
Dovelove543:
So Guys I didn't know a new thread has been created because I've been on transit and currently in quarantine. Although I thought it's not so necessary as some colleague here have shared their experience but I believe this could still be a guide for some of you.

I was living in Chevron Lekki, so I left by 6 am to avoid traffic. I used Taxify. We got to the Airport (MMIA) by 7:12 am and waited for check-in to begin by 8 am.

When check-in started at MMIA, The immigration was checking traveling bags and even those with foodstuff were giving them tips. It got to my turn they ask me to go. I didn't go with any foodstuff and they didn't check me.

At Ethiopian Airlines I was asked to present my Enrolment letter and Passport and thereafter asked to wait until it is verified, after about 20-30 minutes I was cleared and given a boarding pass (2 boarding pass-1 from Lagos to Ethiopian, 2 from Ethiopia to Dublin to refill and then en route to Toronto), a yellow paper for a declaration (this will be collected by Immigration along the line, please ask a question from official if you don't know what to do, My bags were check-in except for the one with a laptop and my documents (please fill your final destination well). Nigerian immigration was busy asking for tips...I no give them shi....but I was friendly to them sha.............. We waited until 11 am when boarding started. Please lest I forget you will pass through 8 checkings or more before you reach the boarding area so carry a little bag, maybe your laptop bag and documents. some carried big bags, anyway the choice is yours. The plane let by few minutes to 2 pm.

We got to Ethiopia by 9 pm. The flight was 5 hours and 20 mins but the arrival time is because of the time difference. We drove from the plane to the Airport Terminal and went through a long walk inside the Airport (all man for himself). Please ask questions make you no go follow those going to Dubia or Mozambique. At the boarding zone in Etiopia, we boarded just about 30 mins and flew for another 6 hours to Dublin, refilled for about 1 hour, and flew for about 6 hours to Toronto. Inside the flight, before you reach Toronto Airport, you will be given some forms to fill, please fill it inside the plane. (Abeg carry a pen with you make you no go dey beg biro).

At Toronto Airport, it was a long lonely walk because we were release in batches because of COVID-19 so you may see yourself walking alone. Please follow the signs. Fill your ArriveCAN on your phone and show your phone to them. I snapped it and show the snapped receipt (containing letters) to them. You will also be asked along the way to submit the documents you filled on the plane to immigration. At POE, the Canadian immigration that attended to me asked me for Acceptance Letter (AL) and Prove of tuition payment....I gave her my AL and my Enrolment Letter. She told me congratulation because I had a scholarship and TA (Teaching Assistantship) and encourage me to apply for PR. I collected my study permit, passport, social Insurance form, and when to pick my check-in baggage. Thereafter, the Airways Transit taxi I booked from Nigeria was waiting for me outside. The retired Canadian Taxi man that drove me was nice and we talked until I got to my quarantine residence. Since then I have been receiving free meals 3 times daily until next year with free WiFi (14 days).

I had a zoom discussion with my supervisor yesterday and by the new year, work starts. I encourage every one of you to never give up, even if not for anything but for your children. Nigeria is dying. We will try to be here whenever we can to assist, all the best all.

Lest I forget, Hamilton went into lockdown on the 21 Dec. and Toronto will be going into lockdown on the 26th of Dec. but I don't know if this affects international flight. I'm not sure I remembered everything but if you ask me I go answer.
It was an awesome experience thanks for sharing we can learn from this.It will end in testimony and praise for the remaining of us
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Blavkmaann: 1:06pm On Dec 24, 2020
Dovelove543:

“ I encourage every one of you to never give up, even if not for anything but for your children. Nigeria is dying.”

You see this line, read it over and over again let it sink guys! THIS IS THE NAKED TRUTH!

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Dovelove543: 1:07pm On Dec 24, 2020
Amen!
awys:

It was an awesome experience thanks for sharing we can learn from this.It will end in testimony and praise for the remaining of us
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Dovelove543: 1:09pm On Dec 24, 2020
Hay! Blavkmaann when are coming over? After all our VFS wahala you still dey neija? Thump up men

Blavkmaann:

“ I encourage every one of you to never give up, even if not for anything but for your children. Nigeria is dying.”

You see this line, read it over and over again let it sink guys! THIS IS THE NAKED TRUTH!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anamekele: 1:10pm On Dec 24, 2020
davo99:
grin Omo.. I had a dream this morning that I was reading Nairaland and saw 3 approvals and 1 rejection testimony on the thread. I woke up with so much "alertness" cos it felt so real.

grin grin And that's only because this thing is the first and last thing on my mind day and night.

Can't wait for this to be all a testimony tbh�, cos abeg abeg, the anticipation is too much.
God has done it sha, it will end in praise.

Any NSE updates from any early November applicants abeg?
Amen . I am of the 3 approvals

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 1:11pm On Dec 24, 2020
As

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 1:13pm On Dec 24, 2020
Blavkmaann:

Guy nor be lie me self don read that sentence like 10times ooo e don sink ooo but nah God go do am for us all as we get that dream and passion to moveeeeeeee.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 1:15pm On Dec 24, 2020
Dovelove543:

Thank You for sharing your experience with us. You don't know how much good it does cheesy
It was an interesting read btw.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (736)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.