Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,742 members, 7,802,265 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (852233 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by zionative: 4:26pm On Feb 23, 2021
allisgood:
Good day boss, congratulations, I have a question-the passport I used in traveling to Ghana has expired, I got a new one, is there a need to upload the old passport pages to show my travel history even though I filled it in the form that I traveled

If it's the visa pages on your passport. I strongly advise you to include it in your application because I believe it will strengthen your application as it shows proof that you actually have a travel history.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by zionative: 4:28pm On Feb 23, 2021
Wifefo88:

U said correspondence letter and original passport request updated on portal..did they not send you a mail about having a new message in your account?

Yes, they sent me two emails that prompted me to check my portal. I stated it that way because of people that requested for my timeline.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Wifefo88: 4:34pm On Feb 23, 2021
zionative:

Yes, they sent me two emails that prompted me to check my portal. I stated it that way because of people that requested for my timeline.

Okay thanks...congratulations once again.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by daylay87: 4:37pm On Feb 23, 2021
Hello gurus,

I've been following this thread passively for a while, my visa application was refused below is the reason

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more: your qualifications, previous studies, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

1. I am 31 years old (self sponsor)
2. is it advisable to re-apply ( i have some deposit with Georgian College)
3. I am totally sad and confused someone should just advise me.... before I walk to Aso Rock to commit Genocide embarassed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 4:43pm On Feb 23, 2021
daylay87:
Hello gurus,

I've been following this thread passively for a while, my visa application was refused below is the reason

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more: your qualifications, previous studies, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

1. I am 31 years old (self sponsor)
2. is it advisable to re-apply ( i have some deposit with Georgian College)
3. I am totally sad and confused someone should just advise me.... before I walk to Aso Rock to commit Genocide embarassed
Lolz bro it hasn't gotten to that level of doing that. Firstly, order for your GCMS NOTES that will give you a detailed explanation of the delay in your Application. When it's out then the gurus can help you dissect it and give you the guidelines on how to tackle the reasons btw what's your Academic background, work experience and what are you going to Study this falls under the 1st reason and 3rd reason.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by daylay87: 4:56pm On Feb 23, 2021
awys:

Lolz bro it hasn't gotten to that level of doing that. Firstly, order for your GCMS NOTES that will give you a detailed explanation of the delay in your Application. When it's out then the gurus can help you dissect it and give you the guidelines on how to tackle the reasons btw what's your Academic background, work experience and what are you going to Study this falls under the 1st reason and 3rd reason.

I have 2.2 in Computer Science, 5 years of experience in IT, I am applying for Grad Cert in Information Security because of my 2:2... admission is for May

Please can you help on how to request for GCMS Notes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Oghogho1313: 4:58pm On Feb 23, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

No its not an issue. Dual intent is acceptable and legitimate according the case law by IRCC.

It will end in praise

Thanks Frank
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by xoxobaby(f): 5:24pm On Feb 23, 2021
Hello all,
Aside from COVID test and exemption letter for open work permit; is there any other requirement to fly Ethiopia airline to Toronto?
I have been calling them since morning but they are not answering.
Pls help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 5:43pm On Feb 23, 2021
daylay87:

I have 2.2 in Computer Science, 5 years of experience in IT, I am applying for Grad Cert in Information Security because of my 2:2... admission is for May

Please can you help on how to request for GCMS Notes
You can Google GCMS notes online there are different 3rd parties organization that can help you order it or if you have a PR or Citizen over there they can help you order it or check gcms online dort com and follow the instructions to order it it's like $13
Then I think there are still schools that accepts 2.2 for Masters you just need to do your research on that Masters will show an academic progression otherwise go for PGD/PGC that would show an Academic progression better than a Graduate certificate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by AdoChel(f): 5:50pm On Feb 23, 2021
Is study plan the same as statement of purpose?

zionative:

Section 1 – Study Permit
- Study permit form IMM 1295 (done)

Section 2- Letter of acceptance
- Study Plan
- Admission letter
- Receipt from school confirming tuition payment
- Document from bank in Nigeria showing tuition paid to school
- waec result
- BSc transcript
- Bsc Certificate
- NYSC (certificate)
- Reference letter from employer

Section 3- Passport
- passport data page
- visas pages (for travel history)

Section 4- Proof of financial support
- Ielts
- Sponspor letter of support
- Sponspor Bank statement for one bank
- Sponspor's MyBankStatement for two banks
- Statement of investment and bonds
- Personal MyBankStatement
- Sponsor employment letter
- family business bank statement and CAC particulars
- Sponsor Properties document (Notarised by lawyer)

Section 5- Digital Picture
- Digital passport

Section 6- Medical report
- Medical report from IOM

Section 7- Family information
- Form IMM5645
- Birth cert (all), me, mum, dad

Section 8 – Application for Visa
- Form IMM5257

Section 9- client information
- Police report
- Study permit questionnaire (From Lagos Visa Office checklist)

I combined every document stated for each section and uploaded it to the relevant section. I also submitted the requirements for the NSE route beforehand.

My timeline:
Jan 29th- Submitted application
Jan 29th- Acknowledgment of application
Jan 30th- Biometrics request
Feb 1st- Went to do Biometrics
Feb 2nd- Biometrics uploaded on portal
Feb 8th- Medicals passed
Feb 10th- Eligibility started
Feb 23rd- Correspondence Letter and Original Passport Request updated on portal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by AdoChel(f): 6:08pm On Feb 23, 2021
How did you get the study permit questionnaire?

zionative:

Section 1 – Study Permit

- Study Plan
- Admission letter
- waec result
- BSc transcript
- Bsc Certificate
- NYSC (certificate)

Section 3- Passport
- passport data page

- Ielts

- Digital passport

- Form IMM5645

- Form IMM5257

- Police report

I combined every document stated for each section and uploaded it to the relevant section. I also submitted the requirements for the NSE route beforehand.

My timeline:
Feb 8th- Medicals passed

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by daylay87: 6:08pm On Feb 23, 2021
awys:

You can Google GCMS notes online there are different 3rd parties organization that can help you order it or if you have a PR or Citizen over there they can help you order it or check gcms online dort com and follow the instructions to order it it's like $13
Then I think there are still schools that accepts 2.2 for Masters you just need to do your research on that Masters will show an academic progression otherwise go for PGD/PGC that would show an Academic progression better than a Graduate certificate

Thanks so much for your response. Can anyone help with any school that takes 2:2 for Masters?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by tracy0803409: 6:33pm On Feb 23, 2021
zionative:
Thank you so much everyone for the good wishes. It will end in praises for every single one of us and we will all rejoice together. Amen

Please let me know if there's any other question I can help anyone with.
Congratulations friend, pls can you send me your email address
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yteem: 6:45pm On Feb 23, 2021
zionative:

Section 1 – Study Permit

- Study Plan
- Admission letter
- waec result
- BSc transcript
- Bsc Certificate
- NYSC (certificate)

Section 3- Passport
- passport data page

- Ielts

- Digital passport

- Form IMM5645

- Form IMM5257

- Police report

My timeline:
Feb 8th- Medicals passed

Now this timeline is a WAWU.

Congratulations to you and all the very best ahead.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 6:48pm On Feb 23, 2021
LJF11:

Prophet otunba, people do many things out of desperation, fear, many things we might not be able to understand but we shouldn't be naive about , when is your program starting and when do you intend to travel, how are you preparing your documents for port of entry, I guess with this uncertainty surrounding covid19, one would be advised to travel as early as possible to get some stability in case one get infected during transit and then not being able to resume on time because of extra quarantine and no one knows how long it would take one to recover, some take months, like 2 or 3 months before resumption should be safer to travel, just thinking out loud
Heard you can only travel one month to your resumption, else would have gone since...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 6:54pm On Feb 23, 2021
Metari1:

Hello OtunbaTee

2) The only major reason it's because the mode of delivery is hybrid and not online like the may intake.

Please how do I know the study permit validity, she has not stamped her passport, trying to decide which admission intake to send via webform.
You'll see the validity on the counterfoil when you check her CIC ACCOUNT, since shes yet to get her passport back, that's if counterfoil has dropped though!.
and I know most people that have gone to Canada before now are receiving lectures online for now...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Jayrealest: 6:59pm On Feb 23, 2021
Hello gurus in the house, please I need clarification on the difference between LOE and SOP. I seem to become sing both. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 6:59pm On Feb 23, 2021
Spectro:
I noticed that for the family information (IMM5645) for the online document submission, there is no way I can sign it electronically.

Am I expected to download it, sign it, and then upload?

It's getting me worried.
Yes its like that, just free it...you're not printing anything out, fill it on the system when done you'll sign electronically ..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 7:04pm On Feb 23, 2021
ColonelOJ:

I was directed to the Wes.org to submit my credentials that I mad mention of in the site. It’s not for masters or diploma it is for freshman undergraduate. Thanks for replying
oh okay, you need to do it then! It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oppsonn: 7:10pm On Feb 23, 2021
Please how many months statement of account do Canada study visa require?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Olayibo1: 7:22pm On Feb 23, 2021
oppsonn:
Please how many months statement of account do Canada study visa require?
4 months I think
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Aissy: 7:29pm On Feb 23, 2021
Good evening Everyone, hope you all doing well?
Please I need an urgent assistance with this, I submitted my application on the 18th Feb with upfront medicals and did my biometrics on the 22th Feb and today I got NSE request letter now the issue is that I haven't written IELT before and my dad has savings and current accounts which we submitted both of them, the savings is the one with my living expense and remaining tuition and it doesn't have a banking history of 12months as requested through the NSE but the current account does. So how do I go about all these and I have to submit it by 26/03
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Aissy: 7:32pm On Feb 23, 2021
Aissy:
Good evening Everyone, hope you all doing well?
Please I need an urgent assistance with this, I submitted my application on the 18th Feb with upfront medicals and did my biometrics on the 22th Feb and today I got NSE request letter now the issue is that I haven't written IELT before and my dad has savings and current accounts which we submitted both of them, the savings is the one with my living expense and remaining tuition and it doesn't have a banking history of 12months as requested through the NSE but the current account does. So how do I go about all these and I have to submit it by 26/03
please I will really appreciate any suggestions
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Leyemoshood: 7:35pm On Feb 23, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JohnErrin: 7:38pm On Feb 23, 2021
Passport has been delivered to vfs, it has ended in praise.
Timeline smiley
Submitted all documents - oct 29th 2020
Biometrics (completed and saw update on the same day) - nov 3rd 2020
NSE request - December 4th 2020
Submitted Upfront medicals - Dec 5th 2020
Submitted NSE request - December 23rd 2020
BVL and PPR - Feb 18th 2021
Submitted passport to vfs lagos - feb 22nd 2021
passport delivered - feb 23rd 2021

Just waiting for passport to be stamped and returned back!
Planning to travel may 2nd as my school starts may 13th or so.
Will it be advisable to wait till September as this $2000 covid hotel stay is now in effect and i dont know if they will hopefully stop it by may.
if i defer my application to september do i need to inform IRCC again now that i have gotten the visa?
many thanks.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Darmison: 7:48pm On Feb 23, 2021
Greetings everyone. This is my first time replying to messages on here but have been following since thread 3.
Straight to the point.
I applied last year and I was refused base on purpose of visit, personal asset and financial status.
My case:
I'm a batch degree holder in Agriculture science but with 2nd class lower so I applied for another Undergraduate program (General Science) in Uni of Manitoba.

Now I believe I should change course even though my gcmsnote is yet to arrive. Luckily I jammed a private school( University Canada West) that accepts 2nd class for masters in MBA and I've been given admission. But someone told me it's not a reputable university.

Now I need advise do I stick with the undergraduate or I should use the MBA to reapply. Which do you think has higher chances of being approved by VO?

Please I need your advise people
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Leyemoshood: 8:03pm On Feb 23, 2021
Hello guys, please your advice and guidance is needed.

So my wife and i wanted to start our PR journey last year but i'm unable to get my transcript till now. Instead of waiting and wasting time, we have decided to go to Canada via Student route.

We have 2 major challenges:
a. My wife has both Bsc and Msc Educational Management but we dont know if she should proceed to apply for a PhD program or another Msc looking at the deadline for applications and also the rigorous back and forth in getting a supervisor to accept and approve a research proposal.

b. We're a family of 3, is it advisable to apply for the visa together as a family? where she is the primary applicant (student) and myself/baby are dependents.
We've only been to Dubai together as a family but we're hoping to go to UK in May or June for another vacation to improve on our travel history.

I look forward to reading from you guys

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 8:05pm On Feb 23, 2021
zionative:

Hi.
I printed mine, signed, and scanned it back for upload.

Thank you very much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 8:06pm On Feb 23, 2021
OtunbaTee:

Yes its like that, just free it...you're not printing anything out, fill it on the system when done you'll sign electronically ..

Thank you very much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oppsonn: 8:17pm On Feb 23, 2021
Olayibo1:
4 months I think

Thanks

Read somewhere saying 6months
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Thaiy(m): 8:22pm On Feb 23, 2021
zionative:
Hello everyone, I've been following this thread since I submitted my application and it has ended in PRAISES! It only took 3 weeks which is so shocking. I submitted on Jan 29th and BVL and PPR dropped today!

That's a fast one, can only be God, to Him be praise.

Congratulations.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Phemorinho(m): 8:22pm On Feb 23, 2021
Good evening house,
Please i need to ask a question from peeps that applied to MUN.
Please i do not understand their deadlines o
I am applying for Msc Management, and the deadline is December 1, when i started to fill the application, i was seeing September intake /January intake, when I received mail from then again they said the formal deadline for applications is December 1 for the following fall

Please i dont get it

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (736)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.