Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (357) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (852557 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 8:29am On Mar 06, 2021
Klianud:

Hello, I am also trying to get a Study permit and I got admitted to Windsor.Medical was requested and I got it done yesterday, hopefully it updates soon. We are hoping and praying.

Oh, great. I see you've started your visa processing already.

It will end in praise by God's grace.

I haven't started mine. I want to pay for a semester's tuition first. I just hope it won't be too late when I start later in this month.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 8:30am On Mar 06, 2021
samycage:
Good Evening guys,
Please how many days does it take to get PPR adter BVL:- its been 7days now since i got Bvl. And my application would be a year old my march 20th. E be things.
Paper application. Timeline
- Applied: 20th March 2020.
- Biometrics done 20th March 2020
-Admission deferred to winter 2021- June 25th
- Got AIP (Approval-in-principle) : 25th September 2020
- Medical Request: 1st October 2020
- Document Request (New LOA):- 5th October
- Document Sent:- 6th October
- Medical Updated to Passed: 14th October 2020.
- BVL:- February 26th 2021.

And No news from them since then. Is there anyone here with a Similar Timeline?
Send mails to Lagos and Abuja Visa offices since yours is paper application you won't get Passport Request if you submitted your passport with your Application it will be returned to you stamped but if did not submit it then send mails to Lagos and Abuja Visa Offices they will reply you on the next steps. lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca,lagos@international.gc.ca, abuja@international.gc.ca

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yteem: 8:32am On Mar 06, 2021
ayoslas88:
HELLO

AM ASKING UN-BEHALF OF A FRIEND

HE WAS AWARDED A FUNDING OF 30,000CAD BY HER SUPERVISOR WHICH HAVE COVERED THE TUITON FEE AND LEAVING EXPENSES

DOES HE NEED TO GET A SPONSOR AGAIN?

Not necessarily a sponsor but he/she should still be prepared to show his personal statement of account with some money in it. We have had cases of people denied with full funding on this platform.

The person should just get ready to show some funds in his/her personal account.

You can also wait to hear from others.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Yteem: 8:32am On Mar 06, 2021
Sakaz:
Hello good people. Pls,how many month can medical result take for study visa b4 expiring.

Validity period of a medical result is 1year.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Thaiy(m): 8:40am On Mar 06, 2021
Anon123:

Thats new.. Havent heard of that one before.

I think it's student's reference number issued when application got submitted, not student number.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TANTUMERGO007(m): 8:54am On Mar 06, 2021
Thaiy:

I think it's student's reference number issued when application got submitted, not student number.
It's not reference number, it's student number
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Klianud: 9:05am On Mar 06, 2021
Spectro:

Oh, great. I see you've started your visa processing already.

I haven't started mine. I want to pay for a semester's tuition first. I just hope it won't be too late when I start later in this month.

I suggest you start ASAP if you are resuming in May, but if your admission is for fall2021 then it’s okay. I didn’t pay a full semester’s tuition though. I just paid my acceptance fee of 4000CAD. My resumption date is in May 2021.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ken124: 9:07am On Mar 06, 2021
PotentialNurse:

I applied for there. I think decisions would start coming in this month.

Okay thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Klianud: 9:10am On Mar 06, 2021
kelvine95:

Hi, please when did you submit your application and when did your medical request drop? So that others can understand how the application process is going.

This is the timeline so far
Timeline
1. Submitted application online-8th Jan
2. Confirmation of submission-9th Jan
3. Biometrics request-9th Jan
4. Biometrics done and updated-11th Jan
5. NSE request - 12th Jan
6. Background checks started- 17th Jan
7. NSE request uploaded- 23rd Jan
8. NSE request updated -25th Jan
9. Eligibility review started -27th Jan
10. Submission confirmation from IRCC- 7th Feb
11. Medical request-22nd Feb
12. Medicals done- 4th March
13. IOM Abuja call confirmation - 5th March.

Just praying fervently now.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 9:15am On Mar 06, 2021
Klianud:

I suggest you start ASAP if you are resuming in May, but if your admission is for fall2021 then it’s okay. I didn’t pay a full semester’s tuition though. I just paid my acceptance fee of 4000CAD. My resumption date is in May 2021.

Very true. May 2021 is very close.

My resumption date is actually September 9, 2021. So, I guess I can wait for a while.

Congratulations on getting admission. I believe another great news (Visa approval) is approaching.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by skull4eva: 9:45am On Mar 06, 2021
Klianud:

Timeline

since they gave you medical request themselves your application is 90percent approved already. once you pass medicals your application should be approved. keep your fingers crossed and keep hope alive.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Sacollins123: 9:45am On Mar 06, 2021

HE WAS AWARDED A FUNDING OF 30,000CAD BY HER SUPERVISOR WHICH HAVE COVERED THE TUITON FEE AND LEAVING EXPENSES

[/quote]
HOW DO YOU PEOPLE GET THIS AWARDS AND FUNDING PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP A FRIEND!! �

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by iampaulsmith(m): 10:12am On Mar 06, 2021
Chief any update on your application? This wait is crazy!
Longjonjoe:

Thanks so much for this brother. Please i just have 3 questions.
1. Where did you book the government 3 days hotel?

2. When booking your flight, how did you do it that after the 3 days government hotel in Toronto, you boarded a flight to your school province on the 4th day.

3- every student travelling to Canada must book their 3days hotel in Toronto meaning you have two tickets. Nigeria to Toronto and Toronto to your school province after 3 days.

Sorry for the long questions
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by kelvine95: 10:16am On Mar 06, 2021
Klianud:

Timeline

Thanks a lot for this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 10:20am On Mar 06, 2021
iampaulsmith:
Chief any update on your application? This wait is crazy!
Oh bro you still waiting nah wah ooo please still be sending mails and webforms ooo to Nairobi-Kenya specifically!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by kelvine95: 10:29am On Mar 06, 2021
Sacollins123:

1. The person doesn't need a sponsor. The letter from his supervisor and faculty graduate coordinator stating that his tuition and living expenses will be fully funded through a research Assistantship should be added.
2. If he has money in his account, He should add it. Also, the VO is also very concerned about his family establishment. So, if his parents have fat bank account they can decide to do a gift deed for him of let's say 10k cad or something less. Note: I know 3 persons who got approved with only funding letters, so this is not compulsory.
3. Because he/she is going through full funding, he must make sure He proofs strong family ties. In fact, that's what he should be bother about now. He should add all his siblings birth certificate, he should get study leave from where he presently works if the job is in line with his masters, he should add some of his parents properties, and so on. You don't wanna give the visa officer this vibe that you would be liability in Canada, and that you are running from poverty.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by jonosas: 10:45am On Mar 06, 2021
Spectro:

Very true. May 2021 is very close.

My resumption date is actually September 9, 2021. So, I guess I can wait for a while.

Congratulations on getting admission. I believe another great news (Visa approval) is approaching.

Congrats, Spectro. My resumption is also September. Planning on applying online this month.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 10:57am On Mar 06, 2021
Legacyedition:

Second application..... We dey your back since 2019 grin

Canada must answer us

Amen o.

i give them from now till 18th of this month to give me my PPR!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 10:58am On Mar 06, 2021
Klianud:

Timeline

Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by jizzle01(m): 11:41am On Mar 06, 2021
Klianud:

Timeline

congrats in advance!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Emmyzdon: 11:47am On Mar 06, 2021
Hi please am new here but I have taken time to read through the threads.

1.Please assuming someone wants to transfer a lump sum of about 6 million naira to my account, how do I put it so it doesn’t raise an eyebrow

2. Will 8 million naira in my bank statement be enough for proof of fund for NSE study route. I have paid part of my school fees, remaining 1.2 million naira to be paid
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by jonosas: 11:48am On Mar 06, 2021
Congrats in advance @Klianud. Did you submit police character certificate and IELTS with your original online application (before NSE)?

Klianud:

Timeline

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Spectro: 11:51am On Mar 06, 2021
jonosas:

Congrats, Spectro. My resumption is also September. Planning on applying online this month.

We will all get to celebrate the success of our visa approvals by God's grace. Our endeavor and documents are blessed.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 11:56am On Mar 06, 2021
Sacollins123:

If you are someone that is Intentional, Resilient , Consistent, prayerful and can manage rejection letters from Professors, yes you can get funding for grad. school program (MS, PHD, Post Doc, Research Assistantship, Teaching Assistantship etc.)

Reason why I said all of that ,including Rejection Letters is because those Profs. do reject students, how you can package your mails, application etc. and consistent sending of mails in your research areas matters alot.

To get a Funded Graduate School Program in Canada, go through everything in the two links below
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/350#99614016

Ask questions here so that members who have gone through this path and were successful can enlighten you further based on their personal experience

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Klianud: 12:12pm On Mar 06, 2021
jonosas:
Congrats in advance @Klianud. Did you submit police character certificate and IELTS with your original online application (before NSE)?

Yes I did. My NSE request was My Bank statement certificate showing 12months.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 12:20pm On Mar 06, 2021
modestmj:
@Frankrobbn1: Good evening, I am a graduate of Sociology with a 2:1(4.28 CGPA).
Please I have applied to four schools in Canada (University of Manitoba twice, Windsor University and Memorial University) and did not get admission in any of the schools.
Please can I get your email address to email you details with regards to my applications and if you can be of any help to me, I will sincerely appreciate it. It's almost becoming frustrating for me.
Thank you and God bless.

Sorry for the delayed response from me. Its most likely that your statement of purpose for admission is not convincing and doesn't demonstrate that you're a deserving student for this program. Never to give up, I will guide on the right path towards securing admission for MSc in Sociology.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mamatee2: 12:21pm On Mar 06, 2021
I just received my acceptance letter from Conestoga yesterday. I also applied since January.
Hopefully, you get a response from them soon. All the best.

Sharonyeah:
@Just Mellow, thanks so much for the quick response.

I have sent in application to Conestoga since January but they have not responded.

Waiting for them, hoping for the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RxOtunba: 12:21pm On Mar 06, 2021
Feels good to see another prospective UWindsor student for Fall 2021.......God will favor all of us.
jonosas:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by tracy0803409: 12:56pm On Mar 06, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello Tracy0803409,

You forget about licensing for now and focus on how to get the visa to Canada. This way, you can eventually sit for the professional exam and get your license which varies from respective provinces—the mode in which licensing is obtained.

If you have been practicing as an Optician or Optometrist, go for something cloasely related to this particular health field. This specific class of health care is delicate and only few people interested in health study from Nigeria go to Canada to study Optometry as a course or other related courses. It could be a great way to demonstrate your future plans, career advancement, and study intent.

To your query, check;

Conestoga College – Graduate Certicate in Health Care Administration
Fanshawe College – Graduate Cettificate in Health Systems Management

Carleton University – Master of Health Sciences (Science, Technology and Policy)
University of Alberta – Masters in Public Health in Global Health

Best of Luck

Thank you so much Chief Justmellow,God bless you really good,Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Bobinho10: 1:11pm On Mar 06, 2021
First or second time applicant?
Klianud:

Timeline

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by RelaxingEnd: 1:13pm On Mar 06, 2021
I appreciate the good job done here and those that assist others in one way or another. I'm about to process my application, and I have a few questions. My dad wants to sponsor my education in Canada. He has enough money to pay for the school and my living expenses, but the thing getting me worried is my employment history. I finished NYSC in 2019, and since then I've been hustling and doing different stuff. I really don't have work experience. And I have little cash in my bank account. Now, I'm worried about my employment history and personal financial status. My dad has a company, and I go there to assist him once in a while. He doesn't pay me.
1. Can I use this by saying I volunteered at his company and he doesn't pay me?
2. Does my employment or personal financial status matter since my dad has enough to sponsor me?
3. If said I volunteered at my dad's company, and I don't get paid, do I have to submit my personal bank statement?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by SwayB(m): 1:58pm On Mar 06, 2021
mamatee2:
I just received my acceptance letter from Conestoga yesterday. I also applied since January.
Hopefully, you get a response from them soon. All the best.

please can you tell me the exact date you applied as i also applied in January and i have not gotten a feedback yet.

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (736)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.