Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,898 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (363) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (852556 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 11:39am On Mar 08, 2021
Ketima:
Please gurus,

In a situation where my mum went for Postpartum care in Canada, which is regarded as visitor, which address can I use?

In the IMM family form, is asking for current address. So Is it the address where she is currently or her permanent address here that I should put?

Thanks.

Ketima:
Please gurus,

In a situation where my mum went for Postpartum care in Canada, which is regarded as visitor, which address can I use?

In the IMM family form, is asking for current address. So Is it the address where she is currently or her permanent address here that I should put?

Thanks.

You should use her permanent address in the family Information form.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ojeleyed(m): 11:42am On Mar 08, 2021
Please I have question if some is advised to have 18m in the account to show capable sponsorship how do one go about it?
AbiodunMobi2025:
The company cannot give me a salary certificate. It's after probation am entitled to salary which will be paid into my bank account and a paystub will be issued with necessary pension scheme and benefits. Fortunately for me it's after my full confirmation that I requested for a study leave.

What I did was to ask the HR to issue me the following to justify my weekly cash payment.
.1. A written letter by the HR that clearly shows I was on weekly stipend with free accommodation before my study leave approval and that I will be entitled to a full salary payment with other benefit when I return to the company after study.

2. It's also written clearly in my employment letter that I was on stipend during my probation with free accommodation and transportation to work.

3. Regarding my personal saving in the local multipurpose organization that I asked you about initially. I am not using the cooperative to proof my financial stability in Canada. I am just using them to clarify the VO on y my account doesn't show money received from work over. The society have transferred to my commercial bank through their organization account first installment payment of my savings which is 200k. I have also attached my statement of account in the cooperative society to justify where the money comes from and my remaining balance. Since it is a cooperate account it also appear in my bank statement the cooperative society account name as description of money transfer.

In addition I have attached my sponsor account statement.

Finally regarding the my bank statement certificate, I am hearing it for the first time. Please sir does it mean printing out statement of account from bank is not accepted any more or is it the same thing?

Oga frank do u think this should do well in justifying my case regarding the cash stipend as well as my pof

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 12:04pm On Mar 08, 2021
JC101:
God is good!!

PPR just flew in purrr

I did my biometrics in lagos vfs can I send it to Abuja? I heard it's faster, I dont mind paying the extra fees

Can I get some help please as soon as possible so I can send it off. Thank you
congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 08, 2021
mimini:
Good day house, please I need advice on how I can get my transcript to be sent from DELSU, Abraka to WES for evaluation. I stay very far and so busy at work that I bearly have time to travel. Can it be requested for online or dies anyone know an official in the office that does that for people. Pleas its urgent. Thank you.

Hello I'm also processing my transcript , but I encountered some challenges. If you see this please send me an email at blupurple80@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 12:55pm On Mar 08, 2021
Ketima:
Thanks so much. Really appreciate.

Again, is it wise she states the amount in the Sponsorship letter? Because a certain amount has been allocated for that?
You welcome, yes she should state it and show the source of the money. There must be evidence/proofs for anything stated in the Sponsorship Letter

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by iykedpetes(m): 12:55pm On Mar 08, 2021
JC101:
God is good!!

PPR just flew in purrr

I did my biometrics in lagos vfs can I send it to Abuja? I heard it's faster, I dont mind paying the extra fees

Can I get some help please as soon as possible so I can send it off. Thank you
Congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by yeankux: 1:03pm On Mar 08, 2021
hello @Frankrobbn1 @justmellow

i want to appreciate you all for the wonderful job you are all doing here , providing assistance to question and concern raised
may God reward you all

please i have a concern as regards my application , i submitted my application since 10th Dec 2020 but i am yet to receive any feedback from them, although i have done my Biometric and upfront medical ,

what will you suggest i do as i do not receive NSE request and am suppose to resume class this MAY 2021,

what options do i have to enable start the review process

your professional advise will be appreciated

@frankrobbin1
@lekebone

Frankrobbn1:

A PGC in Finance from NSCC is the best course of action to show academic advancement.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Shinobi231: 1:07pm On Mar 08, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

There is no scholarships available for undergraduate programs in Canada.

It will end in praise
Please how can I get a fully funded scholarship for IT related on PHD
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Jonaholorun(m): 1:11pm On Mar 08, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

You don't need to show proof of funds for the NSE route if you're on a fully funded scholarship scheme. Provide a letter from your supervisor and the scholarship grant letter from the University which corroborates that you've a scholarship.

There is no direct link for the NSE program on the IRCC website. You will be prompted to provide the NSE documents after the submission of your application.

I hope this information satisfies your enquiry.

It will end in praise

Thank you Mr Frank, I really appreciate your assistance sir.

I also want to know will that be sufficient to present as I still have 2 family members that will accompany my travel, my spouse and mother. They will be dependants
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Omankem8(f): 1:14pm On Mar 08, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

It will end in praise

@frankrobbn chief, pls kindly check email. I need your help to proofread my SOP...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Johnpaul94: 1:22pm On Mar 08, 2021
Good day,

Pls i need an advice on my application, i got admission for an MBA at UNIVERSITY CANADA WEST Jan 2021 to start my program April 2021, but due to the short time for visa processing I deferred to October 2021. I’m actually sponsoring myself, I already paid a tuition deposit of $7,900 CAD. I’m actually using an agent and he advised I should pay the full tuition for the 1st year because the MBA program is a 2yr program.

The tuition for a year is $17,550, i already paid $7,900 deposit and paid the balance of $9,650 to make it up to $17,550 for the 1st year.

My agent said I should have at least 5m (living expenses) in my SOA b4 I apply for the student visa.

I’m really confused here because a friend of mine said i said i must show the full tuition for the 2nd year + living expenses. Honestly I can only afford the 5m like my agent said and cannot afford the living expenses in my account.

Also what documents should I submit for my visas application since I’m sponsoring myself.

I will be glad to get every useful information from everyone.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Fresh88Man: 1:33pm On Mar 08, 2021
Hello guys..Good Afternoon Pls I want to ask a question for a friend.. She applied for a study Visa and she was requested to go for her medicals .. she just passed her medicals last week March 4th.. I want to ask how many days will it take for the next step? Thanks all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 1:50pm On Mar 08, 2021
Fresh88Man:
Hello guys..Good Afternoon Pls I want to ask a question for a friend.. She applied for a study Visa and she was requested to go for her medicals .. she just passed her medicals last week March 4th.. I want to ask how many days will it take for the next step? Thanks all

Hello,

She should get a feedback within 20 days. It completely depends on IRCC.

IT WILL END IN PRAISES
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by loveedi: 1:52pm On Mar 08, 2021
Good afternoon

please I want a school that accept international student for pgd

please I need reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Biddy1: 2:04pm On Mar 08, 2021
Hi house ,I am a silent reader .I applied for my study to canada last year August, through an agent though .Got the admission .Did my biometric Jan 31st and up till now i have not heard any thing.
Please house the most confusing part is that I just realize last 2 weeks that my control number on my bo ok metric instruction letter is carrying a V.i mean the control number start with a V instead of S.
I asked from the guy helping me he told me it a student visiting letter .
Please is anything called student visiting letter ?Moresonhouse what is delaying them from calling me to go for my medicals.
I will be happy if I get a reply quickly tnx and God bless us all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Biddy1: 2:11pm On Mar 08, 2021
@Frank and others please help me out
Biddy1:
Hi house ,I am a silent reader .I applied for my study to canada last year August, through an agent though .Got the admission .Did my biometric Jan 31st and up till now i have not heard any thing.
Please house the most confusing part is that I just realize last 2 weeks that my control number on my bo ok metric instruction letter is carrying a V.i mean the control number start with a V instead of S.
Please is anything called student visiting letter ?Moresonhouse what is delaying them from calling me to go for my medicals.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ketima: 2:15pm On Mar 08, 2021
Lekiboboe:

You welcome, yes she should state it and show the source of the money. There must be evidence/proofs for anything stated in the Sponsorship Letter

Ok thanks so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ketima: 2:19pm On Mar 08, 2021
Thanks so much.

Frankrobbn1:

It will end in praise

Again, in signing the family information form, am I to print it and sign, then rescan for upload as I can't seem to be able to write or sign on space for signature.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by jimogh111(m): 2:21pm On Mar 08, 2021
mcobex:
If you can't get my bank statement you can ask for the regular statement of account (it will be enough). So, don't beat yourself. Just upload the regular SOA and you are good to go.
N.B: Hope you have a letter from your husband authorizing you to use the said fund for your education? I mean, your husband needs to write a letter of support stating he is aware and sponsoring you.
Hello oyibo4real,
Please I and my wife are in this same predicament now as the account we used to apply for get study permit is a joint account in zenith bank, and we are using the NSE route and can’t get the mybankcertificate, please we would love to know what you did and how you went about it. Thank you very much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by jimogh111(m): 2:24pm On Mar 08, 2021
[quote author=oyibo4real post=98462048][/quote]
Hello oyibo4real,
Please I and my wife are in this same predicament now as the account we used to apply for get study permit is a joint account in zenith bank, and we are using the NSE route and can’t get the mybankcertificate, please we would love to know what you did and how you went about it. Thank you very much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Blaze123456: 2:30pm On Mar 08, 2021
My medical exam as being pass since feb 26 and till now I av not gotten any updates
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 2:45pm On Mar 08, 2021
Hi everyone, have anyone who submitted their study permit application in December without submitting the NSE requirements gotten any feedback on their application
It’s been 9 weeks now with no response on my application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by jimogh111(m): 3:07pm On Mar 08, 2021
oyibo4real:
Good morning everyone, please I need a clarification on this:

My husband and I have a joint Bank account with Zenith which we've been operating since 2013, and it is this account we normally use to save up and execute family projects. This account has a closing balance of 18m and we had intended to present it as a funding account for my study. Now, Zenith is saying Mybankstatement CANNOT be generated for such account(joint account)or even a corporate account. Like seriously? At this critical moment that am 80% ready to submit my application? Can someone with a knowledge of how these things work(in the banking system) explain please cos this is crazy.

My head has been spinning since yesterday and I dont know where to go from here. Somebody help me cry cry cry

Hello oyibo4real
Please I and my wife are currently in this same predicament now as the bank account we used to apply online for the study permit is a joint account in zenith bank, and we are using the NSE route and can’t get the mybankcertificate, please we would love to know what you did about yours and how you went about it please. Thank you very much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by canadasool: 3:16pm On Mar 08, 2021
Hi,

I sent you a DM about 2 weeks ago. Kindly respond.

Thanks

Kkddyit:

Frank please help respond to my query. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ketima: 3:38pm On Mar 08, 2021
jimogh111:

Hello oyibo4real
Please I and my wife are currently in this same predicament now as the bank account we used to apply online for the study permit is a joint account in zenith bank, and we are using the NSE route and can’t get the mybankcertificate, please we would love to know what you did about yours and how you went about it please. Thank you very much.

Woow!!! And that's the same bank my fund is that I want to use and is joint too.

Please on this note, can one move the money to another bank and explain in SOP why the movement of such money from zenith though same account name?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 3:50pm On Mar 08, 2021
Johnpaul94:
Good day,

Pls i need an advice on my application, i got admission for an MBA at UNIVERSITY CANADA WEST Jan 2021 to start my program April 2021, but due to the short time for visa processing I deferred to October 2021. I’m actually sponsoring myself, I already paid a tuition deposit of $7,900 CAD. I’m actually using an agent and he advised I should pay the full tuition for the 1st year because the MBA program is a 2yr program.

The tuition for a year is $17,550, i already paid $7,900 deposit and paid the balance of $9,650 to make it up to $17,550 for the 1st year.

My agent said I should have at least 5m (living expenses) in my SOA b4 I apply for the student visa.

I’m really confused here because a friend of mine said i said i must show the full tuition for the 2nd year + living expenses. Honestly I can only afford the 5m like my agent said and cannot afford the living expenses in my account.

Also what documents should I submit for my visas application since I’m sponsoring myself.

I will be glad to get every useful information from everyone.

Thanks.

Hello,

Your agent gave you a good advice. Your agent is trying to put you in a position whereby it would be difficult for them to deny you based on finances.

unlike what your friend told you. You just need to show sufficient funds for the first year+living expense ($10,000CAD) only. You don't need to show tuition for second year.

The 5million in your account would amount to approx $16,500CAD which is very sufficient to cover living expenses.

Hence, you are eligible financially to apply for your study permit.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JohnErrin: 4:06pm On Mar 08, 2021
Hi guys im trying to recieve my passport from vfs and i was asked to fill a consent form, but its a little vauge as it has no guidance on how to fill it.
Please anyone who has filled the courier consent form from vfs please tell me what to fill on the places marked with an x in the picture below.
Thanks in advance.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Komeoby: 4:08pm On Mar 08, 2021
Please is it compulsory to put my sponsor's international passport data page and past visa pages in my application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Hurllarh: 4:10pm On Mar 08, 2021
Good evening NL

So I sent my passport to VFS Lagos two way courier service DHL.

Although throughout the whole ordeal VFS didn’t send me any emails but I managed to contact them and get my tracking ID which I’ve been using to track my passport, now it has been stamped and returned to VFS Lagos. They wrote on the tracking site that it has been sent vide courier service. Then I decided to contact them again and they told me it has been sent with tracking number 5489*** which is the 2nd waybill number given to me by DHL. They told me again that it hasn’t been picked up by DHL and that I should contact DHL which I did. Now the DHL customer care told me she doesn’t understand what I’m talking about and I should go to the branch that did the service, which is quite far btw. Now my question is, for anyone that has used two way DHL courier service, is this the normal procedure? Is there anything I can do otherwise than traveling back to dhl office Lagos? I’ve tried this branch phone number but it’s saying invalid. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 4:18pm On Mar 08, 2021
Biddy1:
There is nothing like student visiting letter is either you are applying for Visiting visa or study permit since your agreement with the agent is study permit your application number should start with S and not V so if it's starting with V obviously the agent is processing a Visiting visa for him please go and check with and insist that there is nothing like Student visiting letter insist on your log in details to know and follow up with what is happening with your Application some agents are so naive we know better than most of them so avoid them at all cost if you can please!!!.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 4:20pm On Mar 08, 2021
JohnErrin:
Hi guys im trying to recieve my passport from vfs and i was asked to fill a consent form, but its a little vauge as it has no guidance on how to fill it.
Please anyone who has filled the courier consent form from vfs please tell me what to fill on the places marked with an x in the picture below.
Thanks in advance.
First Gap - write your FULL NAME AS WRITTEN ON YOUR INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT

Second Gap - write NIGERIAN

Third Gap - write your PASSPORT NUMBER

Fourth Gap - write PASSPORT

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by EbenezerTriumph: 4:26pm On Mar 08, 2021
hi fellows I hope you're all doing well.
so my sis migrated to Canada last year, she is currently employed but the cost of rent has upsurged and she kind of needs a roommate so as to help reduce the cost.
Can someone suggest the right section where I can request for a roommate or anyone in Canada that needs accomodation?
I'll really appreciate your soonest response

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (736)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.