Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (856782 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 31, 2020

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by adekolagreat(m): 8:02am On Dec 31, 2020
Someone pointed out that we were supposed to get a mail confirming that IRCC got the uploaded document for NSE. I have uploaded my bank statement and IELTS since Dec 3rd and I didn't get any email nor was the document being reviewed. So I raised a webform day before yesterday and I wasn't satisfied so I sent a mail using another of my email that was not used for applying for my permit. I got an automatic reply (something I don't get if I used my registered email).

Today I got a donotreply mail that they received my documents and my profile updated. If you are in similar situation you might want to try.

Hopefully the PPR drop soonest. It shall end in Praise.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 8:02am On Dec 31, 2020
Uzomachukwu:

Same here, June!

How did you guys do it?

Have you been checking your mail everyday since then?
It's been a long long wait!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by OtunbaTee(m): 8:07am On Dec 31, 2020
adekolagreat:
Someone pointed out that we were supposed to get a mail confirming that IRCC got the uploaded document for NSE. I have uploaded my bank statement and IELTS since Dec 3rd and I didn't get any email nor was the document being reviewed. So I raised a webform day before yesterday and I wasn't satisfied so I sent a mail using another of my email that was not used for applying for my permit. I got an automatic reply (something I don't get if I used my registered email).

Today I got a donotreply mail that they received my documents and my profile updated. If you are in similar situation you might want to try.

I'm in your shoes too..but I didnt send them any email...but my profile looks exactly like yours..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 8:15am On Dec 31, 2020
adekolagreat:

It's awesome you've been updated!!
I'm guessing you did upfront medicals?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by adekolagreat(m): 8:27am On Dec 31, 2020
Yeah i did an upfront medical.

deommanuel:

It's awesome you've been updated!!
I'm guessing you did upfront medicals?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Cutieflaky: 8:28am On Dec 31, 2020
Please someone should help me out on this�
Cutieflaky:
Good morning to you all
Please I need someone to help me out on what to do, my younger brother's CIC account has been locked and we have waited for 72 hours but it's not unlocked yet. Please what can I do? I will appreciate response from anyone who have experienced it.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ConradAce1(m): 8:31am On Dec 31, 2020
olasubomy:

Thanks a lot for the update but just to enquire further, would it be possible you post the source of this info so one can read more details. I am not really clear about the update.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by evergold(m): 8:33am On Dec 31, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chocs(f): 8:51am On Dec 31, 2020
Chimzy4real

Since you already know the course you want, use google to search for all the schools offering it. Then visit the program websites one after the other and check the GPA requirement. That’s the surest way to know.

Best wishes
Chimzy4real:
Thanks alot. Cos people have been saying my 3.59 is really low and can't get me admission. That's why i am asking.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Debbyiiii: 9:15am On Dec 31, 2020
adekolagreat:

I have sent my document since 18th of December and no reply from them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Maygirl953: 9:18am On Dec 31, 2020
Please, I need a solid guide on how to go about my visa application. I am a graduate and studied physics but I decided to switch to nursing , so I applied to a school in Canada for undergraduate nursing degree program using their after-degree route(someone that already has a degree in another field . I was given an alternate offer(a four year program) and the school said I can transfer to the nursing program after my first year in the course they offered me and they will tell me courses to take in my first year that will help transfer successfully.

Please what are the necessary visa application requirements. And what will my SOP/LOE look like� I need advice and help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 31, 2020
Pls if someone doesn’t pass the Ielts exams,can one rewrite it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 9:29am On Dec 31, 2020
Jesusgirlgirl:
Pls if someone doesn’t pass the Ielts exams,can one rewrite it?
Sure you can rewrite but you will have to pay another fee and register again to rewrite if don't meet the required score band
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chocs(f): 9:30am On Dec 31, 2020
Chimzy4real

I did a quick google search for you. You’ll have to follow up yourself for more info.

What was your average GPA in your last 2 years? If it’s a high 2:1 or first class you might stand a chance with the Professional msc in computer science at SFU and Uni Ryerson Msc computer science

Additionally, the ones below have lower entry GPA requirements (mostly 70% instead of the usual 76%)

Acadia University

Uni windsor

Uni Saskatchewan

There are many more but I don’t have enough time to look through everything. Please use google search. You’ll find a lot more info

Best wishes

Chimzy4real:
Thanks alot. Cos people have been saying my 3.59 is really low and can't get me admission. That's why i am asking.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 9:33am On Dec 31, 2020
Maygirl953:
Please, I need a solid guide on how to go about my visa application. I am a graduate and studied physics but I decided to switch to nursing , so I applied to a school in Canada for undergraduate nursing degree program using their after-degree route(someone that already has a degree in another field . I was given an alternate offer(a four year program) and the school said I can transfer to the nursing program after my first year in the course they offered me and they will tell me courses to take in my first year that will help transfer successfully.

Please what are the necessary visa application requirements. And what will my SOP/LOE look like� I need advice and help.

CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION FULL GUIDE (D-I-Y) & other Useful Information pertaining to Canada Study Visa
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/341#94059644

SOP Step-by-Step Guidelines with format
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part#88892909

Then ask questions in the forum on what you are not clear, members will respond

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chimzy4real: 9:34am On Dec 31, 2020
thanks. bless

Chocs:
Chimzy4real

I did a quick google search for you. You’ll have to follow up yourself for more info.

What was your average GPA in your last 2 years? If it’s a high 2:1 or first class you might stand a chance with the Professional msc in computer science at SFU and Uni Ryerson Msc computer science

Additionally, the ones below have lower entry GPA requirements (mostly 70% instead of the usual 76%)

Acadia University

Uni windsor

Uni Saskatchewan

There are many more but I don’t have enough time to look through everything. Please use google search. You’ll find a lot more info

Best wishes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 9:38am On Dec 31, 2020
Rootiab:
Good morning guys I need your suggestions on this thing.
1. I got a company who's willing to give me reference letter, bank statements, sponsorship letter.
2. I have my parents sponsorship letter, land documents and a huge some of money in my account (10m, but I have about 500k before ) but the senders name is not my parents name, also I have a letter stating that my parents sent the money to me as my school fees.

Which do you think I should go for.

Hello Rootiab,

Consider only going with the company with the can show proper commitment by paying your full tuition and transfer your LE to you. Otherwise look for other option. Only the BS without commitment may not suffice.

Parents sponsorship is the best but the lump sum may be an issue if not convincingly justified. How can a lump sum enter your count with someone's else name and claim your parents had it transferred to you. There is no bearing to this and this gives rise to further curiosity.

Since the money is already in your BA, you may want to build the lump sum around sales of property, loan repayment etc with evidence to justify your claim.

Best of Luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 9:39am On Dec 31, 2020
Chimzy4real:
I going for a course based. Not thesis.

OK,

Since you are looking for a Course-based M.SC, it's now your duty to check schools that Offer Course-based Masters in Computer science

There are tons of Schools in Canada offering Masters in Computer Science.

Take your time & Check the link below and Google the Schools there, am sure you would see substantial amount of COURSE-BASED MASTERS PROGRAM COMPUTER SCIENCE there

https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Computer+science&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 9:42am On Dec 31, 2020
Chimzy4real:
Ok thank. But if i am to use to college route. What impact would it have in my pr application in the future.

Hello Chimzy4real,

Only positive impact. However, ensure that the DLI is eligible for PGWP.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Babyboy2020: 9:48am On Dec 31, 2020
Longjonjoe:

As in ehh, for what reason. Its the same canada na. Has ur eligibility started?
lol... sorry bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 9:54am On Dec 31, 2020
Oduffa:
Please does anyone know when VFS Abuja resumes? I did my biometrics on the 14th and it still hasn't been updated on my application. Does it normally take this long to upload it?

Thanks for responding

Hello Oduffa,

This shouldn't be a fuss. As long as you are sure it was given at the VFS center, it has been transmitted to IRCC. It will certainly be updated in your GcKey online account. Its not easy to wait without proper updates but try to exercise patience. This is key in this journey.

Best of Luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 9:57am On Dec 31, 2020
lentomac:
Hello guys,

Is it possible this 35 weeks Processing time drop to the 7 & 15 weeks we are used to towards 2021 ??

It's quite interesting the Processing time for Cameroon is 4 weeks undecided

Hello Ientomac,

Based on observation, no online application recently finalized has stayed up to 35 weeks. Its just an estimated time.

Best of Luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 10:02am On Dec 31, 2020
NairaLuck:
Finally we're in Canada, I and Dameelee arrived Toronto yesterday.
Thank God for a safe flight

Day 2 isolation grin

Was picked up at the airport by randulf, one of our seniors and a
Conestoga student also here in nairaland

Hello NairaLuck,

Its good to know you're in safe company. Ralfudoh is a great fellow. May you prosper in your new land.

Best of Luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 10:02am On Dec 31, 2020
Chimzy4real:

You is CGPA is not low

There have been testimonies here in this forum of 2.2 Applicants who got Masters Admission in Canada, they packaged their application very well despite the uncertainty of their CGPA getting them admission.

So in your case, with your 2.1 CGPA coupled with a good application packaging, you should get admission

Most Schools would require the following from you

- University Transcript
- Certificate of Highest Degree
- Academic Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Recommendation Letter (Might be optional in some schools)
- Personal Statement/Statement of Interest/Letter of Intent

Check the link below, you would see resources for Academic CV samples, How to Write Convincing Personal Statements etc.

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 10:06am On Dec 31, 2020
Rootiab:

1. The company isn't sponsoring me, I'm just using there bank statements for the visa.
2. From a friend but borrowed

You're not going the right way. See my previous response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 10:07am On Dec 31, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Ientomac,

Based on observation, no online application recently finalized has stayed up to 35 weeks. Its just an estimated time.

Best of Luck
Ok JustMellow,

Thanks....

This present estimated time is quite scary, I even came into a conclusion that probably they want Nigerian Applicants now to focus using the NSE route that's why the Processing time shoot up like that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TiffanyDavies(f): 10:09am On Dec 31, 2020
I would encourage you to apply with a 3.59; it is not low. However, some things like the university you attended (for example a public university like OAU, UNIBEN or UNILAG), your work experience and how it aligns with your research interests or reasons for wanting to study are given extreme weight by some admission comittees.
Chocs:
Chimzy4real

Since you already know the course you want, use google to search for all the schools offering it. Then visit the program websites one after the other and check the GPA requirement. That’s the surest way to know.

Best wishes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by englois: 10:11am On Dec 31, 2020
Chimzy4real:
Please what cgpa is guaranteed for getting a masters degree. Is 3.59 ok for msc. Please anyone. Let me know where my head is. Can't waste money.

There are 2 types of masters program: thesis and course based. The thesis mandates that you connect with a supervisor who must accept you. Note: securing a supervisor is not 'easy'.. So, get like 2 schools you like. Identify the departmental staffs with similar research options and email them. When you get accepted by any, proceed to pay application fee.
That's the way to start.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by adekolagreat(m): 10:12am On Dec 31, 2020
Debbyiiii:

I have sent my document since 18th of December and no reply from them

I suggest you send them a mail like I did. Just that this time you use another email address, send it to Nairobi. Attach the documents.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 10:14am On Dec 31, 2020
dewale1234:
Hello House

Kindly look into the below scenario

I got an admission into a university in Canada (UG studies) and applied for visa. while the visa processing is on going i saw another school (cheaper) and i applied again.

Will it be possible to use the visa (for the first application) to attend the second school or one has to re-apply?

Thanks

Hello Dewale1234,

You can go ahead to apply for it but it would make more sense to switch using the new LOA after you've been granted a visa. Otherwise, you will be complicating your application if you send it in, especially if its not in same program.

Ensure you show sufficient funds to meet the financial requirements for your study visa. If you think the LOA at hand would outweigh your funds, then it may be a better idea to wait after the second LOA is granted.

Best of Luck

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 10:20am On Dec 31, 2020
Heffalump:

Thanks for your response bro. @the bolded, Does it mean when you apply for a thesis based masters program, there is already funding for it and you might not be qualified for scholarships?

Hello Heffalump,

Research-/Thesis-based Masters normally comes with either partial or full funding. Also, other monetary awards can as well come as scholarship depending on the DLI.

Best of Luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (736)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.