Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,809 members, 7,802,587 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (852338 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JosephYemsol(m): 3:35pm On Jan 02, 2021
Tracy2020:
Happy new year everyone,

Please who’s traveling to Winnipeg this month?

Also I’m asking for a friend, she’s 24 and has an OND in Marketing and would like to further her education in Canada. Can she do a PGD/PGC? Cos I know it’s HND and BSC holders that do it. What about going for a BSC? Please I need advice and opinions on this. Thank you

Nah, am not so sure about this. She can only go for an advanced diploma.

My suggestions, let her do hnd, then apply for pgc/pgd...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by harley4: 5:08pm On Jan 02, 2021
Hello everyone, please I need your assistance.
Age 29
Qualification:
M.Sc. Chemistry (Biochemistry)
B.Sc. Biochemistry
Married with 2 kids
I’ve intension to further my career in Canada. Please can someone advise me on the cheapest university which I can apply for Ph.D., preferably in Ontario and other general ideas on how to start the process. I will really appreciate your response.

As advised by the guru to go for express entry, i have intention to relocate to Canada but my challenge is this, i studied biochemistry but presently working for telecommunication company in Nigeria as customer service representative for more than 3 years.

My question is this, how can i get point on JOB EXPRIENCE?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Tre20: 5:41pm On Jan 02, 2021
From what I understand attaching landed property is a way a showing home ties
Philadelphia:
Good afternoon everyone!

Please what is the essence of attaching land documents to your application? Is it to establish strong home ties or to show proof of funds?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 5:44pm On Jan 02, 2021
harley4:
Age 29
Qualification:
B.Sc. Biochemistry
Married with 2 kids
I’ve intension to further my career in Canada. Please can someone advise me on the cheapest university which I can apply for Ph.D., preferably in Ontario and other general ideas on how to start the process. I will really appreciate your response.

As advised by the guru to go for express entry, i have intention to relocate to Canada but my challenge is this, i studied biochemistry but presently working for telecommunication company in Nigeria as customer service representative for more than 3 years.

Hi,

If you are going for a PH.D, it's best for you to go for a PHD program that is fully funded (By the School or Department). Most time, PHD in Canada and other countries has funding available cos of it's duration, research intensive and other factors .

Due to the Competitive Nature of Graduate School in CANADA, don't limit yourself to one province (ONTARIO), explore other schools in other provinces.

Visit the first two links below and google search the programs there (Biochemistry & Chemistry)

Also look downwards & google the schools offering PH.D in Food Science.

PHD in Biochemistry
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Biochemistry&program_level_merged=Doctorate&program_language=ENGLISH

PHD in Chemistry
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Chemistry&program_level_merged=Doctorate&program_language=ENGLISH

PH.D in Food Science

PhD in Food Science
Dalhousie University, Nova Scotia

PhD Food Science
University of Guelph, Ontario

PhD in food science
University of Saskatchewan, Saskatchewan

PhD in food science
Memorial University of Newfoundland, Newfoundland and Labrador

PhD in Food Science
University of Manitoba, Manitoba

PhD in Food Science (Vancouver)
University of British Columbia, British Columbia

PhD in Food Science and Agricultural Chemistry
McGill University, Quebec

Now ,how can you start the process in Securing Supervisor/Supervisors (Professors), getting a Fully funded PH.D Position etc.

go through all the content in link below in to to
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

Gurus/menbers that have passed through Grad. School (PH.D) will guide you more better based on their experience

To the bolded,

the best place to ask this question is here
https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

Note that once you clock 30, you would begin to drop points, so before your 30th birthday, you can try work something out and enter the EE pool , you might just be lucky. First of all, check your CRS SCORES to know how many points you have most esp. now that you have an M.SC and age difference of 1 year is still by your side

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 5:52pm On Jan 02, 2021
Philadelphia:
Good afternoon everyone!

Please what is the essence of attaching land documents to your application? Is it to establish strong home ties or to show proof of funds?
- It is mostly used to establish Ties to Home country (Something that can compel you to come back to Nigeria after your Studies).

- Some do use it to Show proof of Proof of funds (can be sold to cover expenses e.g Tuition, Living Expenses etc)

The gurus here will be able to explain much on using LANDED PROPERTIES FOR PROOF OF FUNDS

You can also check out this Cameroonian on YouTube called NOEL ABI, in one of his videos based on his experience he talked extensively about using Landed Properties as Source of Proof of Funds
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 6:04pm On Jan 02, 2021
Tre20:
Hello guys,

Don't mind me, just want to ask

Is this PCR Covid-19 Test painful?

The way they put that long stuff inside the nostril, am scared ooo embarassed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by impeccablerose: 6:20pm On Jan 02, 2021
harley4:
Age 29
Qualification:
B.Sc. Biochemistry
Married with 2 kids

Just like @lentomac said, maximize the time left before you clock 30 on Express Entry requirements. The recent trend of scores have been very favourable for Masters holders (460's and 470's).
Your work experience does not have to match your course of study to get points for it.
Use the CRS calculator to simulate your score, research all that is required to get into the pool, verify the NOC of your work experience (0, A or B) and pursue the express entry route. Also you'll need less proof of funds.
There is a thread on it here on nairaland (filled with rich information and experiences).
I think you should you should give preference to the express entry path (FSW)

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by starkyniichan(m): 6:21pm On Jan 02, 2021
lentomac:

Hello guys,

Don't mind me, just want to ask

Is this PCR Covid-19 Test painful?

The way they put that long stuff inside the nostril, am scared ooo embarassed

Welp, it actually isn't.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by BabyCanada: 6:46pm On Jan 02, 2021
Hi ! I've been in Canada for a while now. I'm in Quarantine abt to come out and my family from Nigeria wants to send money to me in Canada. Please what means can they use? They tried Western Union but Cbn currently placed a ban in Nigeria that money can't be sent from Nigeria to abroad thru western Union. Abeg help a sister undecided
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chocs(f): 7:20pm On Jan 02, 2021
Philadelphia

Landed properties show home tie. It doesn’t stand as POF. Proof of fund must be liquid/currently accessible money.

Best wishes
Philadelphia:
Good afternoon everyone!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by oladapo2020: 7:21pm On Jan 02, 2021
BabyCanada:
Hi ! I've been in Canada for a while now. I'm in Quarantine abt to come out and my family from Nigeria wants to send money to me in Canada. Please what means can they use? They tried Western Union but Cbn currently placed a ban in Nigeria that money can't be sent from Nigeria to abroad thru western Union. Abeg help a sister undecided

I do not know much. But do you have a dorm account? If yes, then they can send to your dorm account you can then transfer to a dollar debit card (dollar card) and collect it. I have done that in another country before but not canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chocs(f): 7:23pm On Jan 02, 2021
Jadel03

PR? COPR? And admission letter? I’m confused. Did you apply for a study permit? permanent residence? Or both?

If your question is related to permanent residence application and COPR, please check the express entry thread for better information.

Best wishes
Jadel03:
Good Afternoon All,

My PR application was recently approved (got this info from my last GCMS notes), however I am yet to get an email to submit my passport for stamping.

If I get the request and my COPR is issued this month or next, do I still need to apply for a study permit or can I travel and show them at the POE my admission letter?

The reason for my question is because of travel restrictions still in place for COPR’s issued after March 18.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chocs(f): 7:24pm On Jan 02, 2021
qudusbalogun89

I don’t think this will fly. Go for a master’s or PGD in the worst case. There is no career progression here.

Best wishes

qudusbalogun89:
Good day to you all,

I have a BSc (edu.) In Accounting 2:1 (3.52) from TASUED.
I got admission from University of Regina for an undergraduate program Business Administration.

I am currently working as an Account Officer.

Do I have a chance of getting study permit approval? How can I convince the VO that I'm going for another undergraduate program?

Please the gurus should help me .....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chocs(f): 7:26pm On Jan 02, 2021
Goodbetterbest

Sometimes age makes people not qualify, that’s why they need to simulate their scores first and see if they qualify.

Best wishes
Goodbetterbest:

Both your profiles looks solid. Don't you want to go through Express entry? Both have MSC, smash ielts and I believe you'll meet the cut off.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by qudusbalogun89: 7:37pm On Jan 02, 2021
Thanks for the info......

Can you help me with a PGD or Masters program that is in line with my undergraduate course and my work experience?

I have tried to look for one but I couldn't get any program.

Chocs:
qudusbalogun89

I don’t think this will fly. Go for a master’s or PGD in the worst case. There is no career progression here.

Best wishes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 8:11pm On Jan 02, 2021
qudusbalogun89:
Thanks for the info......

Can you help me with a PGD or Masters program that is in line with my undergraduate course and my work experience?

I have tried to look for one but I couldn't get any program.

There is a website you can use to check for that

Visit this Link below , check the
- Masters in Accounting programs (over 10 Masters Program) here with schools offering them, then take your time to google search and explore them one after the other
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Accounting&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Also go through all the content in link below for details on how to get Masters Admission and other Useful information about Masters Admission
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

- For PGD in Accounting programs & schools offering them, see the link below and do same thing
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Accounting&program_level_merged=Graduate+level+certificate%2Fdiploma&program_language=ENGLISH
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Jadel03: 8:15pm On Jan 02, 2021
Thank you for your response

Let me try to break it down:

1) Applied for PR and application is approved as per my last GCMS notes but I have not officially received PPR via mail due to COVID delay.

2) while my PR application was ongoing, I also applied for admission for further studies (Masters)

So here is my question: Assuming I get my passport request/COPR/ passport stamped knowing fully well that my PR status will not be active till I land, do I still need to apply for student visa?

Chocs:
Jadel03

PR? COPR? And admission letter? I’m confused. Did you apply for a study permit? permanent residence? Or both?

If your question is related to permanent residence application and COPR, please check the express entry thread for better information.

Best wishes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by qudusbalogun89: 8:29pm On Jan 02, 2021
Wow!!!

Thank you so much for this info...I really appreciate

lentomac:

There is a website you can use to check for that

Visit this Link below , check the
- Masters in Accounting programs (over 10 Masters Program) here with schools offering them, then take your time to google search and explore them one after the other
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Accounting&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Also go through all the content in link below for details on how to get Masters Admission and other Useful information about Masters Admission

- For PGD in Accounting programs & schools offering them, see the link below and do same thing
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Accounting&program_level_merged=Graduate+level+certificate%2Fdiploma&program_language=ENGLISH
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chocs(f): 8:35pm On Jan 02, 2021
Jadel03,

I’m not very familiar with the PR process and landing. I’ll still suggest you ask on the express entry thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/344

Best wishes

Jadel03:
Thank you for your response

Let me try to break it down:

1) Applied for PR and application is approved as per my last GCMS notes but I have not officially received PPR via mail due to COVID delay.

2) while my PR application was ongoing, I also applied for admission for further studies (Masters)

So here is my question: Assuming I get my passport request/COPR/ passport stamped knowing fully well that my PR status will not be active till I land, do I still need to apply for student visa?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 8:52pm On Jan 02, 2021
starkyniichan:

Welp, it actually isn't.
Ok thanks. This has calmed be down alrdy smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chocs(f): 8:59pm On Jan 02, 2021
Harley4

In addition to what everyone has said.

Customer service representative job is a NOC C job. You need your job to be NOC 0, A or B to count towards the express entry(FSW) work experience. But there might be a way to repackage the job duties that can make it fall into the required NOC. You can read the express entry thread and also ask questions there.

https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/344

Best wishes

harley4:
Age 29
Qualification:
B.Sc. Biochemistry
Married with 2 kids

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Philadelphia: 10:20pm On Jan 02, 2021
Tre20:

Thanks for your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Philadelphia: 10:21pm On Jan 02, 2021
lentomac:

- It is mostly used to establish Ties to Home country (Something that can compel you to come back to Nigeria after your Studies).

- Some do use it to Show proof of Proof of funds (can be sold to cover expenses e.g Tuition, Living Expenses etc)

The gurus here will be able to explain much on using LANDED PROPERTIES FOR PROOF OF FUNDS

You can also check out this Cameroonian on YouTube called NOEL ABI, in one of his videos based on his experience he talked extensively about using Landed Properties as Source of Proof of Funds

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Philadelphia: 10:23pm On Jan 02, 2021
Chocs:
Philadelphia

Landed properties show home tie. It doesn’t stand as POF. Proof of fund must be liquid/currently accessible money.

Best wishes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 10:43pm On Jan 02, 2021
Rootiab:
also, booking expires after 48 hours

Yes we know but no response. Also we rebooked and still nothing..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 10:44pm On Jan 02, 2021
Rootiab:
you should email your name, passport data page and proof of payment to payments@ielts.ng

Done that but nothing.. Pls, any other option?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by impeccablerose: 11:16pm On Jan 02, 2021
Anon123:

Done that but nothing.. Pls, any other option?

Was the application made on a weekend or public holiday? They rarely respond on those days.

To contact them, use the green "send message" icon on the bottom right corner of their page, on weekdays between 9 a.m and 3 p.m. That is the fastest means I use to contact them. When you send a message, wait for 10 to 15 minutes (someone will reply).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TemTon: 11:28pm On Jan 02, 2021
Hi all,
Please I have a quick question.

I will like to know how many months it will take to get my study visa using the normal process of application instead of the Nigerian student express.

I also received a mail that I am eligible for Nigeria student express and I have a deadline until 21st of January and then my application will go through the normal process.
Do I need to wait for the 21 days or I can email them to go ahead with the application normally.

Thank you �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anamekele: 11:34pm On Jan 02, 2021
Please join me to praise and thank God for his kindness , faithfulness and grace upon me. He removed shame from me and clothed me with grace..

I may not have strength to write because it's too lengthy after 3 denials from new Zealand and 5 denials from IRCC bvl andppr dropped today. I got a lawyer who charged me for judicial review and won the case on july 9th 2020. Reapplied on 31 August
Medical request on 29th October
BVL and PPR Today by 3.30pm.
Frank I thank for your encouragement. You are the only one that knows the story to the glory.
It finally end in praise. To God be the glory.

30 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chocs(f): 11:38pm On Jan 02, 2021
TemTon

The current processing time is 35 weeks(without NSE). It changes depending on some factors eg their work load.

You can send them the email now

Best wishes

TemTon:
Hi all,
Please I have a quick question.

I will like to know how many months it will take to get my study visa using the normal process of application instead of the Nigerian student express.

I also received a mail that I am eligible for Nigeria student express and I have a deadline until 21st of January and then my application will go through the normal process.
Do I need to wait for the 21 days or I can email them to go ahead with the application normally.

Thank you �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TemTon: 11:40pm On Jan 02, 2021
Chocs:
TemTon

The current processing time is 35 weeks(without NSE). It changes depending on some factors eg their work load.

You can send them the email now

Best wishes

Thank you for the feedback.

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (736)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.