Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,174 members, 7,807,563 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (525) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (856704 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Toopee: 4:59pm On Apr 16, 2021
Uzomachukwu:

Thank you sir ��
I suppose you're talking about the SOP for visa application. Well, there isn't a rule that says you necessarily must address it to so and so IRCC address. You could as well totally throw away the whole receiver's address, and it still wouldn't have any impact in your writing. Nevertheless, if you chose to retain a receiver's address, you could as well use this:

High Commission of Canada,
13010G, Palm close, Diplomatic drive,
Central Business District,
Abuja, Nigeria.
______

Considering you already have a BA, it is almost totally unnecessary for you to include your NECO result as part of your visa application. I do not see the need, as your having a BA degree certificate shows that you unfailingly must already have a secondary school certificate.

If you insist on including the NECO result though, you might consider buying a new NECO scratch card in order to print out the online copy of the result (attach the scratch card pin to your online print out as you scan, so that anyone reviewing your application could use the PIN to look up your result online.)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teenie19(f): 5:11pm On Apr 16, 2021
Thank you so much Oga! If you come across any contact for Ambrose Alli, pls share...thanks.

Lekiboboe:
Saw this on TWITTER

someone might find this useful, most especially those who needs unofficial transcript (student copy) for admission

COPIED##
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Beth125: 5:37pm On Apr 16, 2021
Good day all, I recently got admission in Toronto School of Management (tsom) college. Please is there anyone that attend the school here?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ibkpgeo: 5:44pm On Apr 16, 2021
[quote author=Frankrobbn1 post=100841322

Hi please I have the same issue however my study visa has been approved. Is it possible I make this known to the officer at point of entry

My course has co-oop but I didn’t tick it

It will end in praise[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by nifnifemi: 5:44pm On Apr 16, 2021
You keep it if you have a valid visa and use rubber to join it together.

YinksXO:
Destroyed? What if you have a valid visa on it? I'm thinking of doing the migration of passport thing but wary if it will cause any issues since she has a valid visa on it. Do you have any advice?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chioma3000001: 5:47pm On Apr 16, 2021
Lekiboboe:

IOHMAC Abuja

See the link below for the address

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/361#94274267
hello,please I tried to book for my medicals on their website but it’s not working and I tried sending them a mail and they’re still directing me back on their website that’s doesn’t work..must I book an appointment or can I walk in and have it done? Or any idea on what I can do about this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ibkpgeo: 5:49pm On Apr 16, 2021
[color=#990000][/color] congrats bro

oyibo4real:
Am still surprised guys...I submitted my passport on 15th(night sef) to Abuja from Lagos and I've been notified to come pick it. Counterfoil and Correspondence letter received, within 48hrs?? shocked shocked

It's the first of it's kind, am wowed!!!
Toronto peeps, 3rd week of May/Fanshawe students, am here oo.

IT HAS ENDED IN PRAISE, I WISH EVERYONE THE BEST!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 5:58pm On Apr 16, 2021
Chioma3000001:
hello,please I tried to book for my medicals on their website but it’s not working and I tried sending them a mail and they’re still directing me back on their website that’s doesn’t work..must I book an appointment or can I walk in and have it done? Or any idea on what I can do about this
It's mandatory of you to book an appointment, you can't walk in and have it done

This still remain the website to Book for Medicals at IOM

https://mymedical.iom.int/apps/omas/#_frmHome

Try change your browser. GOOGLE CHROME preferably
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teenie19(f): 6:06pm On Apr 16, 2021
peruxie:
Hi guys,
When your review of eligibility status changes to “we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements” does that mean you get a decision soon?

Good sign! Your application is in eligibility stage.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by elizyous: 6:07pm On Apr 16, 2021
Yes I have and my eligibility review started a day aftee I submitted. Na God hand we dey.

It will end in praise!

ToluDstar:

Oh wow.

Have you been able to respond to the MBS request?

It will definitely end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Olayibo1: 6:30pm On Apr 16, 2021
Good day guys
Pls about my POF..there is one house property we want to sell for like 8m and there is already like 4.6m in my mum's account which is a trader and my sponsor...D account is having good inflows and outflows
Can I pay the 8m into my mum's account without having no issues or how can I do it without having no issues with the VO?
Quick response will be highly appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Glassses: 6:34pm On Apr 16, 2021
No, I am not saying that.

Regards

childgodly:

Hi, so are you saying that I can apply for NSE even if the money has not been in my account for 6 months?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Joyousgem: 6:35pm On Apr 16, 2021
Ysakaws1:
I have a question for the gurus in the house. Is the information on GCMS notes for the status of your application as at around the time you applied for the GCMS or as at around the time you received the GCMS?

GCMS note shows the status of the application around the GCMS note request date, often a day or two working days after you request it . The note has a date at the top of every page, stated as 'requested date'. If it takes 30days to send it, then the note is technically a month out of date by the time you receive it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Glassses: 6:38pm On Apr 16, 2021
I think including all necessary documentations related to the sale of the land like payment receipt, an image of the cheque if payment was made in cheque, sales agreement and other documents and explain in your LOE.

P.S there should be more documents involved in a sales of property agreement so just find out and include them.

Olayibo1:
Good day guys
Pls about my POF..there is one house property we want to sell for like 8m and there is already like 4.6m in my mum's account which is a trader and my sponsor...D account is having good inflows and outflows
Can I pay the 8m into my mum's account without having no issues or how can I do it without having no issues with the VO?
Quick response will be highly appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Royalty95: 6:41pm On Apr 16, 2021
Wifefo88:
Heyy guys.. please who has been able to book with Ethiopian airline., I don't know how to go about the payment

Best bet is going to their office
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Olayibo1: 6:59pm On Apr 16, 2021
Glassses:
I think including all necessary documentations related to the sale of the land like payment receipt, an image of the cheque if payment was made in cheque, sales agreement and other documents and explain in your LOE.

P.S there should be more documents involved in a sales of property agreement so just find out and include them.

thanks for your response..but pls what about if the payment method is used with mobile app..will d image of the mobile app receipt be okay?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mantleouchtele: 7:13pm On Apr 16, 2021
Hello everyone,

After doing your mandatory 3days quarantine in a hotel, can you do the remaining 11days with a family in canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TundeTheHunter: 7:53pm On Apr 16, 2021
mantleouchtele:
Hello everyone,

After doing your mandatory 3days quarantine in a hotel, can you do the remaining 11days with a family in canada?

It is a 3 day hotel quarantine. Then a 14 day quarantine which you can do with your family if you wish.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by letskeeptalking: 8:15pm On Apr 16, 2021
Kayz3446:
@letskeeptalking I will like to ask if you can give me a way to communication with you like WhatsApp.I need to talk to you regarding my application

Hi,

Please send me a PM
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by 247man: 8:20pm On Apr 16, 2021
elizyous:
Because of the volatility of the market, it is not recognised as POF by IRCC for now.

Ok thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Tinakem(f): 9:02pm On Apr 16, 2021
[quote author=Joizzy16 post=100346897][/quote]. I need this info too pls help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Admin9: 9:17pm On Apr 16, 2021
cic is so slow mehn. scarcity of PPR
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by marcelonwa: 9:26pm On Apr 16, 2021
Admin9:
cic is so slow mehn. scarcity of PPR

So fucking slow
Am already in my 3rd month
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Blaze123456: 9:45pm On Apr 16, 2021
My passport return today after 6days
Submitted April 9
Collected. April 16

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 9:56pm On Apr 16, 2021
So wait oo. No one is going to Montreal on 15th May?. Please na. I have spare bed in the hotel I booked.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 16, 2021
I’m not sure this school is a DLI that allows PGWP’s... check.

Beth125:
Good day all, I recently got admission in Toronto School of Management (tsom) college. Please is there anyone that attend the school here?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by goldee29: 10:08pm On Apr 16, 2021
Good evening and thank you for the useful info on the various threads.

I was considering a Express Entry and strated with my ECA, unfortunately WES report stated my EMBA is from an unrecognized institution. This made me start to consider the School route, considering Age factor as well

My question is if I should state I have an EMBA when applying to the school/ Visa via SOP and Letter of Intent or be quiet about it and use my B.Sc degree and work experience.

Also, I will like to take my kids along as they are just turning 2. Would this be a good reason and not work against me in terms of Home ties.

Grateful for your suggestions and advise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by onyinyebibian: 10:16pm On Apr 16, 2021
Mideyo234:
I’m not sure this school is a DLI that allows PGWP’s... check.

It doesn’t
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by hoodboy(m): 10:28pm On Apr 16, 2021
Lekiboboe:

As a first time applicant, you are to write a STATEMENT OF PURPOSE (SOP)

SOP - Statement of Purpose
The theme SOP is geared more towards the first time visa applicants. In this case, the applicant will more likely talk about how the advance studies is going to complement past academics and how it will brighten up the future career scope. In addition, various other topics will be addressed such as capability to finance studies & living cost, why particular program, why Canada, why particular institution etc.

See link below for

SOP Step-by-Step Guidelines & Pointers
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part#88892909

Hints on Writing an SOP (Courtesy domakavelliiiiiii)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/1#88913289

VERY IMPORTANT CLUES TO NOTE WHEN DRAFTING UR own SOP
https://www.nairaland.com/2367106/travelling-canada-part-8/103#35275420

After you are through writing your SOP, you can get across to an experienced member or a guru (if available) to help you proofread & Review your SOP

Needed to see this today, in the process of drafting my SOP/LOE thanks for all what y’all do here.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Kayyyy(f): 11:11pm On Apr 16, 2021
Wifefo88:
Heyy guys.. please who has been able to book with Ethiopian airline., I don't know how to go about the payment
Hi Wifefo88, I also had issues, so I booked through Travelbeta at Transcorp in Abuja. If you’re interested, I could link you up with the person that did mine

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by skull4eva: 11:21pm On Apr 16, 2021
EverGrateful:
Hello House,

Kindly assist with your opinion on this issue. I am actually asking for my sister. She has a BSc (2010) & MSc (2015) in Food Tech but works with a govt body that conducts elections in Nigeria. She plans to go for an MSc in a specialized aspect of food science in Canada. She has had no work experience in her field of study except for 6months IT but she is very interested in this FOOD area. Please what can be the justification in her SOP/LOE to VO for her plan to study in Canada.

Guru's in the house please respond- Frankrobbn1, Justmellow, Lekiboboe and other gurus in the house. Make una help a sister ooo.
she cant go for Msc again becos of career progression she has to go for PhD except she didnt make a phd grade though. aside this she needs to get some documents from her work place. let the gurus in the house help u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 11:30pm On Apr 16, 2021
Kayyyy:

Hi Wifefo88, I also had issues, so I booked through Travelbeta at Transcorp in Abuja. If you’re interested, I could link you up with the person that did mine
when are you travelling??

(1) (2) (3) ... (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) ... (736)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.