Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (633) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (857130 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 11:10am On May 05, 2021
Lamideyy:

They are not the same

Wat is the difference
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 11:10am On May 05, 2021
hello,
I sent an email to first contact concerning mybankstatement
They are telling me that they are doing migration and I should make use of the paper statement however I intend to use NSE
My dad is visiting their head office today. Will that help?
Is there any advice anyone can give me because I'm really struggling to meet up ith this May 15 deadline
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 11:20am On May 05, 2021
ogunleyesijibomi:
Remove the amount written with pen with scanning machine, print it out and u re-write urself.

No issue.

How do I submit? I have applied already should I use webform
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Erica661: 11:22am On May 05, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello Erica661,

Wait?! As long as your sibling hasn't settled for recourse or out-of-school, and if your dad can as well meet the financial requirement for you, go ahead. Who knows if a civil war will break out tomorrow that will finally make the process more complicated for Nigerians.

Package your application and get your sibling to send you her transcript for lectures taken so far, paid tuition fees receipt(s), and other mandatory fees receipt(s) paid; just to prove that she is still in school, have not settled for recourse, and your father has been doing a good job by keeping to his sponsorship oath.

Whatever you do, try as much as possible to be convincing.

Best of Luck
God bless you I truly appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ogunleyesijibomi: 11:23am On May 05, 2021
Yes boss
Iberisamuel90:

How do I submit? I have applied already should I use webform
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by LadyBlaq: 11:24am On May 05, 2021
Uzomachukwu:

Notarized affidavit of good behaviour? Hehehehe...

Our bad national image has continued to deal a huge blow to our individual psyche.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 11:30am On May 05, 2021
Hello @Justwise,

I trust you're doing very well. Thanks for the good work well done. I write to call to your attention that the Canadian visa thread part 18 is long-overdue and we need to move forward into the next phase of the thread. Looking forward to my request been considered in the upcoming days.

In the same vein, I'm wishing everyone on this platform a successful application process. You all will share your success stories.

Regards,
Frankrobben

It will end in praise

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 11:32am On May 05, 2021
Abiodunnnnn:
Thank you so much for your response I really appreciate.please can you give me an Idea of what the letter heading is suppose to be since I want to change it from "in the presence of high court".Also after providing an affidavit. Do I need to submit letter of sponsorship.if required please do you have a formal

here is a sample

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TheShaman: 11:33am On May 05, 2021
Hello Guys,

Quick question: If one wishes to travel to Calgary and the chosen airline has a stop-over at Toronto, will he have to do the three (3) day quarantine at Toronto or he can proceed to Calgary without any issues and do it there.

Basically which city counts as POE - Calgary, or Toronto?

I'll appreciate feedback from anyone who has landed in the other three cities aside from Toronto (also those whose flights had a stop-over at Toronto before proceeding to their final destination).

@Frankrobbn @Justmellow
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 11:35am On May 05, 2021
oyibo4real:

Oh my nwanyiokpa, am more than excited for you, I've been looking out for your testimony and here it is, WOW! Indeed, it ended in Praises, CONGRATULATIONS and to GOD BE THE GLORY!!!

thank you so much �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Onaya(m): 11:36am On May 05, 2021
Good morning everyone.

I'm in a very serious dilemma here. I am right in my bank (Sterling Bank) with a customer service rep to get mybankstatement for my study permit application. First, they told me that they don't issue bank statements using MBS. After a heated argument with them and several calls to their other branches, they accepted to do it.

They told me that they can only send a copy MBS to the receiving embassy, without me, the account holder having any access to it. Please, I want to know if anyone banking with Sterling Bank has experienced that kind of thing while requesting his MBS from the bank. And if that's what obtains with the bank, how then will I upload my POF on my GCkey account in the space provided for Proof of means of financial support?

Your urgent response would be highly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by shupy: 11:40am On May 05, 2021
Onaya:
Good morning everyone.

I'm in a very serious dilemma here. I am right in my bank (Sterling Bank) with a customer service rep to get mybankstatement for my study permit application. First, they told me that they don't issue bank statements using MBS. After a heated argument with them and several calls to their other branches, they accepted to do it.

They told me that they can only send a copy MBS to the receiving embassy, without me, the account holder having any access to it. Please, I want to know if anyone banking with Sterling Bank has experienced that kind of thing while requesting his MBS from the bank. And if that's what obtains with the bank, how then will I upload my POF on my GCkey account in the space provided for Proof of means of financial support?

Your urgent response would be highly appreciated.
You should be provided an MBS certificate. That's what you're going to upload.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 11:42am On May 05, 2021
NwanyiOkpa:
It has finally ended in praise for me. God bless Frankrobbn, Justmellow, and the many others that have been giving me hope and answering all my plenty of questions. Note that I used an agent or my application because i was too busy with work to continually study the tips on this thread and apply them. I am a second-time applicant.

Timeline:
January 20th: Medical done
January 27th: Application submitted with all NSE requirements- Sponsor's 1-year Mybankstatement of about 11million, IELTS result with 7.5 band, and Medical result.
February 20th
February 26th: Second ghost update
March 4th: Third ghost update
March 9th: Fourth ghost update
May 4th: PPR and correspondence letter

Reason for the first refusal: They said that my finance wasn't sufficient even after i submitted an account statement of 12million and paid my first-semester tuition.

How i tackled the refusal: I paid the full tuition for the first year, provided the sponsor's account statement of 11million and i also made a notarised affidavit of sponsorship signed by my sponsor. I did not use a notarised affidavit of sponsorship in my first application but i used an affidavit from the high court. A friend advised me to use a notary lawyer for my affidavit and so far, everyone that i know that used a notary lawyer was approved. Notarised documents are recognized worldwide.

Documents submitted:
All IMM forms
Tuition payment receipt CAD$21,000
notarised affidavit of sponsorship
notarised affidavit of good behavior
police report
IELTS result
medical slip
letter of explanation
passport photograph
data page of passport
sponsor's birth certificate (sponsor is my brother)
CAC document for my business
Employment letter
Recommendation letter

NOTE: I used an agent for my application. There are a few agents that knows what they are doing. My agent did not hold back my login details like other complained about.

I got admitted into about 7 schools in the USA also but I decided to go to Canada for reasons best known to me.

God wey do am for me go do am for una.

I am so excited. As i dey type sef, my fingers dey shake. Immediately i logged in and saw that my application has been updated i was like; "these people with their ghost updates again" before i clicked on the application and saw my correspondence letter and PPR. I immediately ran and woke my dad from sleep to break the good news to him. He has always been supportive.

Congratulations @NwanyiOkpa, I'm happy reading from you today that your visa has been approved. Your resilience and passion to attain your desired goals are admirable. I wish you nothing but success.

It will end in praise

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 11:47am On May 05, 2021
Hello,
I sent an email to first contact concerning mybankstatement
They are telling me that they are doing migration and I should make use of the paper statement however I intend to use NSE
My dad is visiting their head office today. Will that help?
Is there any advice anyone can give me because I'm really struggling to meet up with this May 15 deadline?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Olaa123: 12:10pm On May 05, 2021
Frankrobbn1:
Hello @Justwise,

I trust you're doing very well. Thanks for the good work well done. I write to call to your attention that the Canadian visa thread part 18 is long-overdue and we need to move forward into the next phase of the thread. Looking forward to my request been considered in the upcoming days.

In the same vein, I'm wishing everyone on this platform a successful application process. You all will share your success stories.

Regards,
Frankrobben

It will end in praise

How time flies
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Onaya(m): 12:12pm On May 05, 2021
That is exactly what I have been trying to explain to them here. They're really very annoying.

shupy:

You should be provided an MBS certificate. That's what you're going to upload.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 05, 2021
Thank you for your response
NwanyiOkpa:

here is a sample
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lamideyy: 12:17pm On May 05, 2021
Anon123:

Wat is the difference
My opinion
A letter of sponsorship is meant to explain what your sponsor does,
Your sponsor's source(s) of income
His/her relationship to the applicant
The letter should show the sponsors readiness to finance your education, should also show that your sponsor understands the cost of your education in Canada
How much he/she has set aside for your education, etc....
An affidavit is just to legalize the fact that the sponsor will truly finance your education and everything is not just mouth

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mankind5050(m): 12:22pm On May 05, 2021
I sent you a DM. Kindly check.
Thanks
Frankrobbn1:
Hello @Justwise,

Regards,
Frankrobben

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lekiboboe: 12:25pm On May 05, 2021
Abiodunnnnn:
Please did you submit letter of sponsorship with the affidavit of sponsorship
@Abiodunnnnn, Try to Submit Both (Letter of Sponsorship & Affidavit of Sponsorship) for your application

See the link below for a

Letter of Sponsorship Sample (Father) - Find Attached (Avoid Plagiarism)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/121#91193146

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by BaaleOfOntario: 12:28pm On May 05, 2021
We February applicant for september 2021 intake, should we request for our gcms note or it's too early to request for it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mobi22: 12:35pm On May 05, 2021
Lamideyy:

They are not the same
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mobi22: 12:37pm On May 05, 2021
[
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anon123: 12:38pm On May 05, 2021
Lamideyy:

My opinion
A letter of sponsorship is meant to explain what your sponsor does,
Your sponsor's source(s) of income
His/her relationship to the applicant
The letter should show the sponsors readiness to finance your education, should also show that your sponsor understands the cost of your education in Canada
How much he/she has set aside for your education, etc....
An affidavit is just to legalize the fact that the sponsor will truly finance your education and everything is not just mouth

Reading this, it still points that both are the same. serving the same purpose.

But lemme humor you.. If my dad is sponsoring me, does he need an affidavit too knowing fully well everything isnt just mouth..

Anyways.. its all good.. I appreciate the clarification.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by porchy(m): 12:41pm On May 05, 2021
Hello Guys

For those that got their mybankstatement from First Bank, was it sent to your email or you collected from the customer service. I'm presently in their head office in Marina and it still look so strange to them but after explaining to them and showing them a sample they had started processing. however, they said the certificate will be sent to my email.
Pls I need responds

Warm Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Zodiacwarrior: 12:44pm On May 05, 2021
TheShaman:
Hello Guys,

Quick question: If one wishes to travel to Calgary and the chosen airline has a stop-over at Toronto, will he have to do the three (3) day quarantine at Toronto or he can proceed to Calgary without any issues and do it there.

Basically which city counts as POE - Calgary, or Toronto?

I'll appreciate feedback from anyone who has landed in the other three cities aside from Toronto (also those whose flights had a stop-over at Toronto before proceeding to their final destination).

@Frankrobbn @Justmellow

Good day @the shaman if your port of entry is Toronto you must undergo a 3day Mandatory quarantine in Toronto before going to your intended destination for the remaining 11days.

To save you stress Alberta has a port of entry for international students also and Calgary is a city in Alberta

So just book a one way flight to Alberta if your school is in Calgary after the whole quarantine a private taxi should take you to Calgary.

Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 05, 2021
porchy:
Hello Guys

For those that got their mybankstatement from First Bank, was it sent to your email or you collected from the customer service. I'm presently in their head office in Marina and it still look so strange to them but after explaining to them and showing them a sample they had started processing. however, they said the certificate will be sent to my email.
Pls I need responds

Show them d sample of how d certificate looks like, dey will print it out and send to u. I sent u d sample of d certificate

Warm Regards

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Lianna2020: 12:51pm On May 05, 2021
undecided
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Jesusrules24: 12:53pm On May 05, 2021
Please assist.

I am in Canada and want to apply for study permit for my 3 children (10, 8 and 7).

I do not have a letter of acceptance for them as the school board needs to see them first. My children are still in Nigeria.

Please advise. What do I do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by BaaleOfOntario: 12:57pm On May 05, 2021
We February applicant for september 2021 intake, should we request for our gcms note or it's too early to request for it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by IbrahimAde05(m): 1:01pm On May 05, 2021
Good Morning all,

Am new to these platform and require your support. I have been granted an admission to study but need support for all documents required to travel.

Pls kindly assist on these.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ymc007(f): 1:02pm On May 05, 2021
Hello people, i seriously need help and advice from our gurus here.
i graduated with a third class in Elect, i have BCS certificate in IT, 5+ years work experience in IT. Can i apply for masters in IT course directly or do a graduate certificate in IT then proceed to masters? i have been looking for diploma courses in IT but only found certificates. Please help. I'm looking forward to starting in January. i'll appreciate anyone that can recommend schools as well

(1) (2) (3) ... (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) ... (736)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.