Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:56 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (660) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (852562 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Steph1738aye: 6:26pm On May 09, 2021
Is there anyone just starting off here? It seems like everyone’s at the visa stage.
Anyone currently in Newfoundland here? I’d like to know more about the experience living there because I’ve heard it’s similar to living in the country side.
I’m really considering attending MUN for my MBA which will be for 2 years. Are there Nigerians currently in the program or intend to apply for next year. I’d like to know more about the opportunities during and after the program.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by madamg: 6:41pm On May 09, 2021
Please how do I get my UCI number for my application?
Please help!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by penitential(m): 6:42pm On May 09, 2021
Yes boss! It’s been a very long time.

Good job here bro.
Frankrobbn1:

Exactly my point bro! However, she has already submitted her application and can only hope for the best.

@penitential, it's been a while, glad to have you around here today.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ogunleyesijibomi: 6:43pm On May 09, 2021
xprimate:
Good day everyone , hope we are all hail and hearty.
After waiting for 3 months for my refusal GCMS notes, it came this month.

Below is the summary of the note:

1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of yours stay, as stipulated in 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit
2. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in the subsection 216(1) of IRPR, based on your personal asset and financial status.
3. The applicant is seeking to study in the colleague certificate program at Sault College in Canada; the applicant holds a bachelor degree in Electronics and Computer Tech. She has been working since 2016/03. The study plan does not appear reasonable given the applicant’s employment and education history. I note that: the clients proposed studies are not reasonable given the career path.
4. Taking the applicant’s plan of studies into account, the document provided in support of the applicant’s financial situation does not demonstrate that funds would be sufficient or available.
I am not satisfied that the proposed studies would be a reasonable expense
Weighing the factors in this application, I am not satisfied that the applicant will adhere to the terms and conditions imposed as a temporary resident.

Also for proper context, here is my application profile.
My undergraduate course: Bsc Electronics and Computer Technology
Program I applied for: Automated Manufacturing(graduate certificate)
Institution: Sault College, Ontario Canada
Funding: Personal Acc. Balance: 10M, sponsor account balance: 8M , Paid 60 percent of the tuition fee upfront.
Also I don't know why they referred me as a she

Please house, I need your candid advice/recommendations on how to re-apply
Thank you.

Hello bro .. sorry about that.. if I may ask .. how did u raise 10 m in the period of 5years? U stated u have been working since 2016.. is it a salary work or business.. did salary reflect in ur own statement of account. Did u submit certificate of occupancy? Did u apply as single or married?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JohnErrin: 6:51pm On May 09, 2021
is anyone travelling to canada by june 4th next month??, lets get together and plan this p abeg

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by gracedson: 6:52pm On May 09, 2021
madamg:

Please how do I get my UCI number for my application?
Please help!
If you are applying for the first time, you will not have a UCI number, so just ignore the part.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by johnfem321: 6:56pm On May 09, 2021
Hello Guys

Which one is best to choose from between these two schools. Thompson Rivers University( Kampoloo, British Columbia) and Cape Breton ( Nova Scotia). I just got admission to the two schools. I'm looking to do a Post Bacclauratte diploma in Supply Chain Management.

Does anyone here have experience with any of the two schools?

Which one is easier to graduate from.. (I no be efiko) ( Do they do exams or Just submission of COurse work )

Which one has better options for Permanent Residence after graduation?

Which one is the best in terms of location, Nigerian food, and opportunities

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by madamg: 6:59pm On May 09, 2021
Thanks so much.

gracedson:
If you are applying for the first time, you will not have a UCI number, so just ignore the part.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teeprecious: 7:01pm On May 09, 2021
BiggestAmaju:

Well said boss. I was only trying to add that he might not be allowed to fly without a confirmation of enrollment. I am not sure one can enroll
without tuition payment. I was only trying to use that scenario to add that confirmation of enrollment is a vital document for boarding from Nigeria. I was not in anyway countering your view boss.

I think I heard of this too but was unsure if the person meant showing them confirmation of enrollment here at MMIA or at the Port of Entry and also wasn't sure if it was intended for all students.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by hoodboy(m): 7:03pm On May 09, 2021
@Frankrobbn1 chief please can you read through my SOP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Austin163(m): 7:03pm On May 09, 2021
Legacyedition:

From former Visa officer.
thanks for this. I actually sent a web form last month to correct something.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Teeprecious: 7:05pm On May 09, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

I'm very meticulous and always think conscientiously before advising anyone on this platform as many of my suggestions are been put to good use by a large number of people here including passive readers. More importantly, I know quite a number of persons who boarded their flight from Murtala Muhammed International Airport and never declared a "Confirmation of Enrollment letter". I will have to say that it boils down to the airline or immigration officer whom the traveller met at the airport. Also, it might be a requirement for students that have commenced their studies online.

It will end in praise

Thankful for this explanation.
I for instance already made a tuition deposit to my DLI but intend to switch career path and may be going to a totally different DLI. I have done my due diligence and have a school in mind. I have however been worried with the issue of this confirmation of enrolment and I had wondered how best to tackle it since I can't enrol for courses I do not intend to take.
Thanks again for the information.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by lentomac: 7:07pm On May 09, 2021
Oreoluwamipo:
Please in what section will I upload my parents landed documents .. Is it client information section?
Thanks.
If your PARENTS LANDED PROPERTIES are part of your HOME TIES, yes landed documents would uploaded in the CLIENT INFORMATION section

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ijeanwuli: 7:53pm On May 09, 2021
Yes you are right

It is really dependent on the officer or airline and they change it all the time. Today they ask for enrollment.. tomorrow they don't. It can be really confusing.

Meanwhile at the port of entry a coursemate said she was only asked to prove that she had been attending classes in the previous semester. All she did was show assignment group chats on WhatsApp

I had to call CBSA to ask alot of questions but its like the Nigerian end is getting mixed instructions.

So if you are travelling just prepare well and hope to meet a considerate officer at the Nigerian end kus thats where the work seems to be now

I ended up signing up for spring term because really its just 4 to 6 wks ..After the term I can rest and miss this back and forth.

Studying online with 7hr time difference was an experience.. I dont want to experience again abeg.

Frankrobbn1:

I'm very meticulous and always think conscientiously before advising anyone on this platform as many of my suggestions are been put to good use by a large number of people here including passive readers. More importantly, I know quite a number of persons who boarded their flight from Murtala Muhammed International Airport and never declared a "Confirmation of Enrollment letter". I will have to say that it boils down to the airline or immigration officer whom the traveller met at the airport. Also, it might be a requirement for students that have commenced their studies online.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Legacyedition: 8:14pm On May 09, 2021
hoodboy:
@Frankrobbn1 chief please can you read through my SOP

See him mouth like wetin I no know.

My Oga no dey read your SOP abeg.

Uwan run am street abi?.

Stingy Ebuka.

Pay money, Yem Ego grin .

You and Tumbaba wan leave us Run abi?.

Forget Alaye cheesy

Oga you be my person. You get money .

Abeg pay SOP writing fee. Nah me be him manager

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 8:18pm On May 09, 2021
pale232:
Hi Everyone,

I want to ask if it is advisable to send a LOE and additional documents (Employment letter, salary accounts, Landed property e.t.c)via Web form if application is already stating eligibility under review and also states no additional document required. Thanks

Any reason for sending additional documents to them? If you did included these documents with your application, there is no need resending it to the immigration.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by hoodboy(m): 8:19pm On May 09, 2021
Legacyedition:

See him mouth like wetin I no know.

My Oga no dey read your SOP abeg.

Uwan run am street abi?.

Stingy Ebuka.

Pay money, Yem Ego grin .

You and Tumababa wan leave us Run abi?.

Forget Alaye cheesy

Oga you be my person. You get money .

Abeg pay SOP writing fee. Nah me be him manager

totally unnecessary, make we dey try maintain decorum abeg

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Sleekcee: 8:28pm On May 09, 2021
I did not change any name that is why I am confused and surprised. My agent submitted the application. Is it possible that they edited my name along the line?
kelvine95:

Quickly respond to the name change. Do you have official documents to justify this change and probably clearly state why this change was made? Did you publish this in national dailies? You need to quickly raise webform to address this concerns.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by dyce101(m): 8:34pm On May 09, 2021
ogunleyesijibomi:

Hello bro .. sorry about that.. if I may ask .. how did u raise 10 m in the period of 5years? U stated u have been working since 2016.. is it a salary work or business.. did salary reflect in ur own statement of account. Did u submit certificate of occupancy? Did u apply as single or married?

Good question
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Sleekcee: 8:39pm On May 09, 2021
Thanks Frank but I am still not clear on the applicant name change because I did not change anything. Are you saying its not something I should be worried about? Or I should ask my agent if he name any correction in my name after submitting my application? I am clear on the eligibilitypart, thanks.
Frankrobbn1:

The information present on your GCMS notes is standard with other prospective applicants seeking to study/relocate to Canada. As for the "Recommend Interview", kindly read through my detailed explanation relating to this issue on your eligibility assessment.

[url=https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/646#101460722p_tf=From%20%251%24s:::::] EXPLANATION FOR "RECOMMEND INTERVIEW"[/url]

With regards to your upfront medicals which is yet to be updated on your MyCIC account by the immigration, you should raise a CSE to IRCC webform.

IRCC WEBFORM

I hope this information satisfies your enquiry.

It will end in praise

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by xprimate(m): 8:46pm On May 09, 2021
ogunleyesijibomi:

It was not my salary account, it was an account under my custody in my name.
I did not submit certificate of occupancy, I applied as single.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by kelvine95: 8:46pm On May 09, 2021
Sleekcee:
I did not change any name that is why I am confused and surprised. My agent submitted the application. Is it possible that they edited my name along the line?

Have you ever used the wrong form of your name before? Even on informal setting?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by olabisi6438(f): 8:50pm On May 09, 2021
hoodboy:

totally unnecessary, make we dey try maintain decorum abeg
ah
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ogunleyesijibomi: 9:19pm On May 09, 2021
Bro..let's assume of course, I will know you just wanna find ur way out.of the country as u don't have a secure job here in Nigeria.. no certificate of occupancy. I suggest u apply as married this time around, snap picture with any female family of yours that will serve as wife, drop some cash in her account monthly using one company name,run a salary account for your self using your present company name as depositor. Get certificate of occupancy on couples s name,get marriage cert... No forgot to refer client to me

xprimate:

It was not my salary account, it was an account under my custody in my name.
I did not submit certificate of occupancy, I applied as single.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Ijeanwuli: 9:20pm On May 09, 2021
Based on my knowledgeits best you get into Canada before you change schools. If you change it before you travel,there is some news about having to do a fresh application

I would advice that you start with your current school get into Canada then start the process of changing schools.

I guess people that have successfully changed schools during this Covid19 period can also comment.

Teeprecious:

Thankful for this explanation.
I for instance already made a tuition deposit to my DLI but intend to switch career path and may be going to a totally different DLI. I have done my due diligence and have a school in mind. I have however been worried with the issue of this confirmation of enrolment and I had wondered how best to tackle it since I can't enrol for courses I do not intend to take.
Thanks again for the information.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Frankrobbn1: 9:29pm On May 09, 2021
BenedictStinson:

Thank you for replying, I have no payslips or any of the like to prove I actually play a part in the day to day running of the company, or I don't need those as a director? The business is still currently operating though so I can still look for a way to obtain the needed documents(if I'm pointed in their direction) Thanks very much for your time

The immigration will not require your paystubs if you're being sponsored by your parents. You need a work reference letter and a study leave approval letter in order to substantiate your employment with the company.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by sisqology(m): 9:32pm On May 09, 2021
Hi everyone,

please I graduated with 2:2 and I am willing to study (Masters) in Canada, Computer Science.

From my findings, I have seen that they take only 3.0 out of 4 CGPA (international), I have 2.8

I made some research on Post graduate Diploma and it seems its only Winnipeg University I can see around. Does anyone know about Post graduate Diploma in Canada or any other institutions there?

Can I still apply for Masters in another institution (in canada) after the Diploma?

Also, financial aid. What is it like?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Godlives1: 9:34pm On May 09, 2021
My people,

Please for Application made outside canad form IMM5257, How can I upload for spouse. There is only one space?

Kindly respond urgently.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by wuragold2: 9:58pm On May 09, 2021
kelchy:
Hi guys, good evening, I applied for Masters in Employment Relations from the University of Newfoundland since Feb 1st and I am yet to get a feedback from them.

Please is there anyone that applied to the school that has gotten feedback?

I applied on Feb 4th and got a feedback 2 weeks ago. Although It wasn't successful
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mhozzis(m): 10:07pm On May 09, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

The immigration will surely request you to provide Mybankstatement Certificate in a matter of days/weeks after the submission of your application. In view of the fact that your sponsor's bank is a Microfinance which doesn't issue Mybankstatement certificate to her customers, you should advise the immigration authorities in writing about this, include his (sponsor) 1 year Bank statement to show history as well as your personal statement.

I hope this information satisfies your enquiry

It will end in praise

For POF, do I just attach the mybankstatement certificate or I have to also attach the actual statement
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by BenedictStinson(m): 10:09pm On May 09, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

The immigration will not require your paystubs if you're being sponsored by your parents. You need a work reference letter and a study leave approval letter in order to substantiate your employment with the company.

It will end in praise
Sorry to trouble you further but like I said I'm listed as a director in the company, so I hope the reference letter will not look as "self given", same with the study leave approval. Thank you for your patience
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by pale232: 10:19pm On May 09, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

Any reason for sending additional documents to them? If you did included these documents with your application, there is no need resending it to the immigration.

It will end in praise

No sir, I didn't send them in my initial application and no letter of explanation either. I only sent an sop with basic docs such as my bank statement, staff id, promotion letter and visas for previous travels

(1) (2) (3) ... (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) ... (736)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.