Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (856996 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 21, 2020
[img][/img]
Is this going to be COVID-20?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ericksen(m): 3:40pm On Dec 21, 2020
May 10.
gbengaadet:
Any March applicant still awaiting PPR?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 21, 2020
OtunbaTee:
maybe u didnt read thread 17 til when one lady said one should visit the Lagos embassy with full details.. that b4 she left their office that day, all mails dropped in her email address...so try the embassy, not vfs oo

Funny! So what are we all doing here then? Let us all rush to the Lagos embassy. Hurray!

Dianyị, if you had read well, you'd also have seen that the lady was talking about her LOI. She had already got BVL and PPR weeks before, and had also got her passport stamped. She only went to the embassy to complain about the delay in obtaining her Letter of Introduction which she'll need at the point of entry.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by badmanjo(m): 3:46pm On Dec 21, 2020
Exactly what I wanted to point out.... Her stamped passport was her leverage at the Lagos Embassy

Uzomachukwu:

Funny! So what are we all doing here then? Let us all rush to the Lagos embassy. Hurray!

Dianyị, if you had read well, you'd also have seen that the lady was talking about her LOI. She had already got BVL and PPR weeks before, and had also got her passport stamped. She only went to the embassy to complain about the delay in obtaining her Letter of Introduction which she'll need at the point of entry.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ericksen(m): 3:50pm On Dec 21, 2020
Them go arrest you oooo!! lol
Uzomachukwu:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 3:52pm On Dec 21, 2020
JosephYemsol:

Me am not so sure about this one oo as some people who got it through the nse route used several other various means...as long as it meets min req. So m not so sure if it's compulsory that d 30kcad has to be n there for 6 months...

Thanks for your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 21, 2020
ericksen:
Them go arrest you oooo!! lol

Not really shaaa! They go just laugh and then send the person away.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 21, 2020
I can imagine the sight shaaa, me travelling all the way from Onitsha to Lagos, only to reach Canadian embassy and be turned back at the security post. Kai! Na better cry I go cry be that o.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by iampaulsmith(m): 4:08pm On Dec 21, 2020
I tell you ehn we just dey wait, no update yet. I sha know the next wave of PPR will definitely see all of us smiling.
awys:
It seems all October applicants from October 4th that they started their eligibility reviews from December 1st never get updates e get as e be ooo make IRCC drop good news na wetin dey sup.God help us ooo.This week we supposed hear good news abi Dem Don go on holidays ni??

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by iampaulsmith(m): 4:13pm On Dec 21, 2020
Amen. Congrats man, go and prosper!
olasubomy:
The EAGLE has landed. I got my stamped passport delivered to me by DHL this morning.

I wish every one waiting a posiive decision soon.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Popoolam: 4:24pm On Dec 21, 2020
OtunbaTee:
na till 4th o...dont mind them...one gats wait till then

This thing is showing South African vfs na lmao

Abuja vfs received mine today and are already working on it.
They only have 3 free days, 25th, 28th(cause of Boxing Day) and the new year
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 21, 2020
Uzomachukwu:
[img][/img]
Is this going to be COVID-20?

This affected me. My flight for today from London to Toronto was cancelled this morning �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by deommanuel: 4:36pm On Dec 21, 2020
Uzomachukwu:
I can imagine the sight shaaa, me travelling all the way from Onitsha to Lagos, only to reach Canadian embassy and be turned back at the security post. Kai! Na better cry I go cry be that o.

Na to crash outside that security post

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by ibrahim(m): 4:44pm On Dec 21, 2020
is it possible to edit a submitted application like the SOP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 21, 2020
Yes I’m a bit confused by this as well, can anyone that has successfully gone through the NSE route explain please?

deommanuel:
Good Morning Everyone.
Congratulations to Everyone that has received a positive response, and Congratulations to those of us waiting grin

Please I've got a question about the NSE route. I know it's been talked about so much, but I don't know if this has been pointed out.
For The 30kCAD POF, should it have been in the account from the count of the 6 months period or should it have been developed within period?

Some persons mentioned it should be in your account 6 months before you apply, so if you're applying in December, there should have been 30kCAD in your account by June.
I'd like to know if this is correct.
Thanks Guys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Legacyedition: 5:11pm On Dec 21, 2020
Uzomachukwu:

Lol! You see all those email addresses listed back in page 7? I have sent mails to literally all of them. Webforms are on a daily basis too. But IRCC is cunning. My visa office, which is Nairobi, seems to have added my email address in their spam list, so I no longer receive even automatic replies when I mail them these days. Well, that was until I started mailing them with different email addresses. Last week, December 15, they eventually updated my medical, so I have been hoping they'll follow suit with other updates too.

If by January 8th I've not received any definite update from them, well, I might have to defer my studies and then apply for GCMS notes.

Very much understand boss..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Legacyedition: 5:15pm On Dec 21, 2020
iampaulsmith:
I tell you ehn we just dey wait, no update yet. I sha know the next wave of PPR will definitely see all of us smiling.

There should be rain of ppr tomorrow and Wednesday cos of January intakes. Got ghost update on Sunday, today Monday, they started eligibility.

Those eligibility under review earlier this month should get responds tomorrow/Wednesday.

It will end in praise.....

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 21, 2020
Ppretty:

This affected me. My flight for today from London to Toronto was cancelled this morning �

Ouch! That's sad to hear.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 21, 2020
deommanuel:

Na to crash outside that security post

A Nollywood episode
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 21, 2020
Legacyedition:

There should be rain of ppr tomorrow and Wednesday cos of January intakes. Got ghost update on Sunday, today Monday, they started eligibility.

Those eligibility under review earlier this month should get responds tomorrow/Wednesday.

It will end in praise.....

I say amen to this one o!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 21, 2020
Ppretty:

So what's the way forward now, wait till the ban is lifted?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chocs(f): 5:31pm On Dec 21, 2020
Hello Ibrahim,

It’s not possible to edit an already submitted application. Any changes to your application has to be sent to IRCC via webform and/or email.

ibrahim:
is it possible to edit a submitted application like the SOP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by adeniyi3971(m): 6:12pm On Dec 21, 2020
Wait o! Is a one year PGWP after PGD or PGC enough you move forward to PR in Canada!

I’m just curious!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by owolabia: 6:15pm On Dec 21, 2020
gbengaadet:
Any March applicant still awaiting PPR?

Me 25th February still waiting o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Chocs(f): 6:27pm On Dec 21, 2020
Hello adeniyi,

It depends on the individual. If the person has work experience already (3 years or more) and a good Ielts score, and just needs a Canadian degree to boost their score to get to the cut off, then 1 year is enough.

Use the CRS score tool online to simulate your score and see what you need to get to the cut off. That will determine how much time you need post graduation.

Best wishes

adeniyi3971:
Wait o! Is a one year PGWP after PGD or PGC enough you move forward to PR in Canada!

I’m just curious!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by adeniyi3971(m): 6:39pm On Dec 21, 2020
Chocs:
Hello adeniyi,

It depends on the individual. If the person has work experience already (3 years or more) and a good Ielts score, and just needs a Canadian degree to boost their score to get to the cut off, then 1 year is enough.

Use the CRS score tool online to simulate your score and see what you need to get to the cut off. That will determine how much time you need post graduation.

Best wishes

I’ll check all those later! Right now I’m only concerned about starting my NYSC program come next and start applying to schools!

Thanks for the wishes!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Akannitommy: 7:04pm On Dec 21, 2020
Wakanow did the same to me on Turkish airlines but I showed them pepper when I realized it was a deception. I cancelled and used the money to pay for date change. I called Turkish customer care and they confirmed they don't need it. I leave 26th by God's grace.

JORDAN55:

call lufthansa themselves
i asked them at the airport counter just yesterday morning if i needed a test and they said no

don’t let these wakanow people rip you off

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Elizdee: 7:25pm On Dec 21, 2020
Uzomachukwu:

June, me!

Me!!! September applicant
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by gbengaadet: 7:41pm On Dec 21, 2020
But you have gotten aip right?
owolabia:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 21, 2020
owolabia:

Wow!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by gbengaadet: 8:03pm On Dec 21, 2020
OtunbaTee:
Seems they're working at the background o..I can't login and its bouncing me back to the english n French page...God good news is all we want oo...amen!
. Clear your cookies and check again �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 21, 2020
Uzomachukwu:

So what's the way forward now, wait till the ban is lifted?

Guess so. No other option.
Who is travelling from the UK to Canada should please hit me up

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (736)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.