Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,521 members, 7,801,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 - Travel (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 (851779 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (736) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by angels1: 3:34pm On Jan 09, 2021
Pictures dont matter your marriage certificate is enough proof
Frankrobbn1:

Your spouse would apply for spousal open work permit (SOWP). You need to provide legal documents to prove that you're legally married to him.

You need the following documents to establish relationship with your spouse (hubby)

PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP DOCUMENTS
1. Marriage Certificate
2. Newspaper change of name
3. Throw back family pictures
4. Snap shot of WhatsApp video call or messages for the last six months (if any).
5. Wedding photos.

I hope this information is helpful to your enquiry.

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mnwojiji: 3:35pm On Jan 09, 2021
Ire oh! It shall end in praise.[quote author=Akannitommy post=97885419]Thanks Frank - very lucid as usual. I will add a few thoughts here.

I appreciate your inputs here.
please i am above 35 years and i intend to go for a PhD programme in Canada. My wife and three minor children shall also be accompanying me. following my findings; together with my study permit application, my wife would also be applying for an open work permit. Since my children are minors, what forms are my going to fill for them?

thanks brethren

Ire oh! It shall end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mnwojiji: 3:35pm On Jan 09, 2021
please i am above 35 years and i intend to go for a PhD programme in Canada. My wife and three minor children shall also be accompanying me. following my findings; together with my study permit application, my wife would also be applying for an open work permit. Since my children are minors, what forms are my going to fill for them?

thanks brethren

[quote author=Mnwojiji post=97885756][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mnwojiji: 3:37pm On Jan 09, 2021
Akannitommy:
Thanks Frank - very lucid as usual. I will add a few thoughts here.

Most (not all) PhD candiadates from our part of the world are advanced in age (above 30/35 years of age). I also know those under 25 years but very few and between. Therefore, if you are an established candidate - with family, kids, businesses, etc - please show your plan for the family while you are away. How will the family survive while you are away? Does your spouse have a source of verifiable income to cope in your absence? If no, have you made plans for their sustenance? What are the plans - even a simple explanation that shows you have thought about it may be adequate. So the trick is balancing the art of submitting enough documentation without being desparate but also making sure you cover all possible bases in this regard.

Yes, most fully funded PhD applicants have better chance of visa approval, don't take if for granted; do the work. Examples exist that shows even with full funding it is not an automatic approval. You also need to pass a different test of proof when the funding is from Nigeria (say government source) vs. Canadian source. The former requires more work to achieve than the latter.

thanks brethren

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mnwojiji: 3:40pm On Jan 09, 2021
[quote author=Mnwojiji post=97885756][/quote]

thanks brethren

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TeeMade: 3:46pm On Jan 09, 2021
@Silvamania, biko clarify the bolded further.

It will end in praise for us all...

silvamania:

Exactly what am planning to do but you can still wait till March 1 before deferring. I guess u will only loose $500 CAD

Have you paid for the first semester?

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Longjonjoe: 3:52pm On Jan 09, 2021
buzzme:
@longjonjoe.... Oh, thank God its not just me. Been receiving ghost updates for the past days... Let's wait till the end of the month and hope. When is your program starting?

I will
Let me give them till ending of the month. This one I’ve been receiving ghost modes

11th January. If i dont get any change in my application by 20th. I’ll order my GCMS notes

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Longjonjoe: 3:59pm On Jan 09, 2021
God!!! What is wrong with IRCC!!! Chei
Since 23rd i submitted this NSE bullshit that made me spend so much for IELTS and classes and the bank statement thingy and till today my eligibility review hasnt started! Since October 7th 2020 i applied. Make Canada just know say them no be God oh! If country God shey person go won stress comot like this. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Akannitommy: 4:05pm On Jan 09, 2021
Okay, I have a few questions before I can respond and I can only comment on applying alone because that is what I did. I can't comment on joint application because I don't have the experience.

For context, I also have 3 kids who are minors ofcourse and I am 41-years old with a full funded PhD offer. I applied alone using family as a strong home ties. I intend to apply for my family in a few weeks and am positive about the outcome. What is important is am here now and it is only a matter of when will my family join me and not IF they will.

My questions are as follows;
Do you have the funded PhD offer already or not? I believe this is self evident why I ask.

What is the total amount of funding you got? So you can check if the amount is enough for you alone to apply or together with family. If you apply with family, the financial proof will be higher than when you apply alone. You can only use your prorated annual funding to claim towards POF and not all.

What is the source of the funding; school/employer/Nigerian Government/Canadian Government/International Development Agency? To determine whether you are required to return home after completion or not. Most non-DLI funding require you to return home and technically ineligible for PR application without fulfilling that condition although the practical application vary case by case basis.

When are you planning to start the program? Will let you know how much time you have to get start with visa applcations assuming you already have your offer at hand.

What is your personal financial position? If the PhD funding is inadequate to cover yours and/or family application, what are the avenues you plan to proof the additional funding required. I will shared my financial projections for applying with family vs. applying alone with you when you reply so you can see the difference.

Ire oh! It shall end in praises.

Mnwojiji:

thanks brethren

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TeeMade: 4:06pm On Jan 09, 2021
Hello @Yyum,

Is it your personal investment? If yes and it has more than enough funds for your study and living expense, you may be able to use it. By more than enough, I mean you'll only exhaust like 50% to 60% or a lil less/more of the funds for your study plans/stay in Canada so the VO does not think you want to spend all that you have saved to study in Canada and you claim you're coming back, plus will your gain on your return be worth the investment (talking about your career progression after studying) Then the question of "is it a reasonable expense" comes up like I've seen on several gcms notes on this platform. This is what can make it risky which is why its better to have more than a single source of POF in my own opinion oh.

If the funds are much more than enough and you decide to use it as nothing is cast in stone here, please ensure to get a reference letter from the bank and it should state that the funds are available to you whenever you need it. All the best.

I believe the gurus here can advise you better from their wealth of experience.

Yyum:
Hello everyone,i love this forum.Very timely infos. Please can one use mainly a treasury bill investment account as a POF?Thanks always

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Amycanada(f): 4:08pm On Jan 09, 2021
Frankrobbn1,can I chat/talk to you privately,it's important please?...my email; amakaperpetual09@gmail.com
Frankrobbn1:

Treasury bill investment account is not an eligible POF for study permit application. I will advice you use the regular bank statement which will demonstrate your financial strength to cover for the proposed studies in Canada.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TeeMade: 4:09pm On Jan 09, 2021
Awesome and welcome back @Frankrobbn1. Trust you had a good rest but I be sister sha not brother grin grin

Frankrobbn1:

Thank you very much my brother @TeeMade.

I decided to take a break over the holidays to rest and prepare for 2021. I'm happy to be back on this thread again and I'm rooting for everyone and expecting to having the best year in 2021. In the same vein, I'm wishing everyone the very best in their respective applications. My sincere prayer is that this year will bring lots of success stories and great recognition to this reputable thread.

I would also like to use this medium to applaud my fellow capable group members in the person of Justmellow, Chocs and Mcobex. You guys are expectionally amazing and doing a very wonderful job here. I appreciate your great effort in assisting others.

The thread keeps moving fast, I guess I have missed a lot in my absence. Anyways, I will have to start reading from where I stopped so I can catch up with you guys cool.

Going forward, I will be very active on this thread. So feel free to share me any of your immigration concerns and I would be glad to provide answers accordingly.

Thank you all.

As always, It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Rootiab: 4:11pm On Jan 09, 2021
Please can I get a list of documents needed for Visa application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 4:11pm On Jan 09, 2021
[Quote

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TeeMade: 4:12pm On Jan 09, 2021
Gbam!!! Final answer, no story.

Frankrobbn1:

Treasury bill investment account is not an eligible POF for study permit application. I will advice you use the regular bank statement which will demonstrate your financial strength to cover for the proposed studies in Canada.

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Omanda: 4:16pm On Jan 09, 2021
You have to pay a prepayment tuition fees of the first semester. I also have admission with them but it for January intake and I will be starting online classes by January 18th.
Just know that if you accept the admission then you can't defer your intake to another intake because it is not allowed at Lambton.
I just pray I get decision before January 18th.
It will end in PRAISE!!!!!!!
quote author=Lilwandy post=97849322]Good afternoon, please I just got an offer letter from lambton at Canada. For May enter I will like to know what the next step will be! For i planed for changing my course when I get to Canada.
I want to know if I will still pay for the tuition fee even if it’s half

Thanks [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mnwojiji: 4:20pm On Jan 09, 2021
Akannitommy:
Okay, I have a few questions before I can respond and I can only comment on applying alone because that is what I did. I can't comment on joint application because I don't have the experience.

For context, I also have 3 kids who are minors ofcourse and I am 41-years old with a full funded PhD offer. I applied alone using family as a strong home ties. I intend to apply for my family in a few weeks and am positive about the outcome. What is important is am here now and it is only a matter of when will my family join me and not IF they will.

My questions are as follows;
Do you have the funded PhD offer already or not? I believe this is self evident why I ask.

What is the total amount of funding you got? So you can check if the amount is enough for you alone to apply or together with family. If you apply with family, the financial proof will be higher than when you apply alone. You can only use your prorated annual funding to claim towards POF and not all.

What is the source of the funding; school/employer/Nigerian Government/Canadian Government/International Development Agency? To determine whether you are required to return home after completion or not. Most non-DLI funding require you to return home and technically ineligible for PR application without fulfilling that condition although the practical application vary case by case basis.

When are you planning to start the program? Will let you know how much time you have to get start with visa applcations assuming you already have your offer at hand.

What is your personal financial position? If the PhD funding is inadequate to cover yours and/or family application, what are the avenues you plan to proof the additional funding required. I will shared my financial projections for applying with family vs. applying alone with you when you reply so you can see the difference.

Thanks for your response.

As for the PhD offer, im yet to apply. but i hope to apply this year (2021) which will commence in October.
total funding for the programme for one year is CAD $ 6,200
I am the one to fund everything
i shall be starting by september 2020
I have properties that generate rents here in Nigeria (Lands and Buildings)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Amycanada(f): 4:31pm On Jan 09, 2021
Hello, Everyone. Greetings Frankrobbn1 and every other person here. This is my first post here. I just joined Nairaland today ooo lol. I'm here to find more information on how to go about studying in Canada. The whole stuff is really giving me headache already but I shall not relent. I have applied for an undergraduate diploma at College of the North Atlantic, Newfoundland and Labrador(Sept Fall intake). Waiting for my LoA. I used my NECO result since I'm not through with my ND(National Diploma), supposed to finish Nov. last year(2020) but covid-19 spoilt everything.will be rounding up before May this year (2021). Well, I'm trying to gather every document for online visa application before my LoA will come.
My problem now is how to show proof of ties. I don't have a job, kids, spouse, or business or even properties...... I need directions and guidance for this Canada study process...... Frankrobbn1, please I need your contact. I'm all alone on this journey and wouldn't want to miss this opportunity.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Akannitommy: 4:31pm On Jan 09, 2021
Okay thanks for the response.

My humble advise is for you to focus on getting one or two PhD admission offer at this point. You can even talk above visa application (assuming you get offers - funded or not), until about Feb/March 2022. Take it one step at a time but one thing you have on you side is time. Start working on a plan now and putting all the bricks in the right place before you get to the point when you will apply.

You will be able to decide more confidently when you get to that bridge, whether to apply alone or with family. What you need are preparation and strategy.

Wishing you best of luck in this application cycle. Let us know if you need help with your PhD admission application (assuming you have crossed all the boxes for a potential PhD) and and sure you will get all the support you need on here.

Mnwojiji:

Thanks for your response.

As for the PhD offer, im yet to apply. but i hope to apply this year (2021) which will commence in October.
total funding for the programme for one year is CAD $ 6,200
I am the one to fund everything
i shall be starting by september 2020
I have properties that generate rents here in Nigeria (Lands and Buildings)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Mnwojiji: 4:34pm On Jan 09, 2021
Akannitommy:
Okay thanks for the response.

My humble advise is for you to focus on getting one or two PhD admission offer at this point. You can even talk above visa application (assuming you get offers - funded or not), until about Feb/March 2022. Take it one step at a time but one thing you have on you side is time. Start working on a plan now and putting all the bricks in the right place before you get to the point when you will apply.

You will be able to decide more confidently when you get to that bridge, whether to apply alone or with family. What you need are preparation and strategy.

Wishing you best of luck in this application cycle. Let us know if you need help with your PhD admission application (assuming you have crossed all the boxes for a potential PhD) and and sure you will get all the support you need on here.

you are just good,
thanks for your kind words
God bless you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TeeMade: 4:38pm On Jan 09, 2021
No vex bro, everything will soon take shape and your heart desires granted. God dey and He'll help us fix our country too. It is well.

Longjonjoe:
God!!! What is wrong with IRCC!!! Chei
Since 23rd i submitted this NSE bullshit that made me spend so much for IELTS and classes and the bank statement thingy and till today my eligibility review hasnt started! Since October 7th 2020 i applied. Make Canada just know say them no be God oh! If country God shey person go won stress comot like this. Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by TeeMade: 4:47pm On Jan 09, 2021
Spot on @ awys.

Make I ask abeg, do you blind copy all the plenty email addresses(recipients) and just send one mail or you send it individually?

Also, is it advisable to raise Webform to all the visa processing offices. @OtunbaTee, what did you do in this regard biko and for how long were you sending mails before they sent your PPR yesterday. Did you raise Webform once or continuously cos I dey try avoid appearing desperate oh.

awys:

Lolz bro easy does it you don't know what can trigger your application that how we were encouraging @OtunbaTee the next day he was approved you too take the bull by the horn do upfront medicals if you haven't then start sending mails and webforms that you sent the NSE requirements but nothing has been done on it that you want to know the status remember that's how we sent mails to almost all their offices and most people medical was updated with immediate effect like me for example I woke up angrily that December 16th morning and started sending the E-MEDICAL SHEET to all the emails posted here by 1pm that same day it was updated on my portal as passed so bro nor vex send mails and webforms I think they like people bombarding them with that @otunba tee actually did that and it worked!!!.Canada na sweet and better country so they can do shakara nah their country bro so they can do as they pleases ooo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mcobex: 4:50pm On Jan 09, 2021
Amycanada:
Hello, Everyone. Greetings Frankrobbn1 and every other person here. This is my first post here. I just joined Nairaland today ooo lol. I'm here to find more information on how to go about studying in Canada. The whole stuff is really giving me headache already but I shall not relent. I have applied for an undergraduate diploma at College of the North Atlantic, Newfoundland and Labrador(Sept Fall intake). Waiting for my LoA. I used my NECO result since I'm not through with my ND(National Diploma), supposed to finish Nov. last year(2020) but covid-19 spoilt everything.will be rounding up before May this year (2021). Well, I'm trying to gather every document for online visa application before my LoA will come.
My problem now is how to show proof of ties. I don't have a job, kids, spouse, or business or even properties...... I need directions and guidance for this Canada study process...... Frankrobbn1, please I need your contact. I'm all alone on this journey and wouldn't want to miss this opportunity.
Since your parents are still in Nigeria you can use them as your home-tie. Simplicity "sometimes" is the key.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by awys: 4:53pm On Jan 09, 2021
TeeMade:
Spot on @ awys.

Make I ask abeg, do you blind copy all the plenty email addresses(recipients) and just send one mail or you send it individually?

Also, is it advisable to raise Webform to all the visa processing offices. @OtunbaTee, what did you do in this regard biko and for how long were you sending mails before they sent your PPR yesterday. Did you raise Webform once or continuously cos I dey try avoid appearing desperate oh.

I sent the mails individually ,I didn't blind copy what I did was I copied the content of the mail and was just pasting it individually to each email addresses and sent them.Then I just selected few visa offices for the webforms the key ones like Nairobi, beijing,London,Newyork,Accra,ganzu

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by mcobex: 4:54pm On Jan 09, 2021
All those sending me and other guys DMs here without asking your questions on this thread, how will you feel if we all decide to go to DMs asking questions, do you think this thread will still be here .
I am not trying to attack anyone, but please try to ask all questions here so everyone can learn and also more people can contribute to it.
Shalom!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by adeniyi3971(m): 4:54pm On Jan 09, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

Please can you educate me more about your current work experience and previous studies. Is Food Science Technology in tandem with your choice of program in Canada?. Your answer will determine my advice for your immigration matters.

It will end in praise

I’m awaiting your response boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Adeelijah17(m): 5:03pm On Jan 09, 2021
Good evening sir, please I will like to chat you privately.
Please here is my email- adeprestigde@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by hope4brym: 5:19pm On Jan 09, 2021
The thing tire me o, everybody wants to chat privately...how will others learn, now and in the future, from your situation?

mcobex:
All those sending me and other guys DMs here without asking your questions on this thread, how will you feel if we all decide to go to DMs asking questions, do you think this thread will still be here .
I am not trying to attack anyone, but please try to ask all questions here so everyone can learn and also more people can contribute to it.
Shalom!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by Anamekele: 5:35pm On Jan 09, 2021
Real14blues:
Hi Anamekele, please whats the update on this? Were you able to get it delivered to you yesterday?
Yes it was delivered unstamped due to transmission fee payment. So I was asked to pay and resend it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by richG: 5:53pm On Jan 09, 2021
Greetings great minds. Please house, I need your input. A friend of mine got his Letter of Introduction after getting his PPR but his accompanying Son (infant) got his PPR without a Letter of Introduction. Is this normal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by tracy0803409: 5:59pm On Jan 09, 2021
Good evening House, pls I need your humble submission, I have been offered admission for masters in public health, I have a good paying job, but I intend applying for my study permit with my husband and a kid,pls how do I go about it?should I apply myself or use an agent?
What documents do I need to use for my husband and child,
Should I use the NSE route? Waiting anxiously for your candid responses, thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 by JustMellow: 6:01pm On Jan 09, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

Contact IRCC via the Nairobi Webform and inquire about the current status of your application.

It will end in praise

Bro, hope you're good. Been a while.

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (736)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.