Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,140 members, 7,780,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:13 AM

Nigerians - Please Stop Calling Your Failed Country "The Giant Of Africa" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians - Please Stop Calling Your Failed Country "The Giant Of Africa" (494 Views)

Why I Won’t Stop Calling Tinubu Drug Dealer – Baba-Ahmed / At 63, Nigeria Is A Failed Country, Has Nothing To Celebrate - Nwanguma / We Don’t Know Who Constructed The Giant Broom - APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians - Please Stop Calling Your Failed Country "The Giant Of Africa" by Fistfor: 11:27am On Dec 19, 2020
What sort of failed state is this? Where a bunch of wondering bandits equipped with AK47s and pick up trucks can simply walk into a school and abduct not 10, 20 or 30 children, but nearly 300 children? Do you not have any sort of local or national security apparatus at all? Nigeria does have an army, air force and federal, state and local police, right? Yet these thugs roam in your country unimpeded and strike seemingly when and wherever they want?

About three weeks ago, one of these same thugs tried to shake down some poor decent hard-working local farmers (who hadn't even harvested their crops yet). They captured him and handed the thug over to police. Shortly after dozens of these farmers (many young men) were killed by this same group. I saw pictures of many of the farmers with their heads cut off and placed by/on their bodies. Sickening.

Some school girls were captured several years ago. It is reported, the Nigerian state paid these AK47 carrying pick-up driving bandits £ 3 million euros to release them. Over a hundred of the girls still haven't been heard from since their capture.

Please stop branding yourselves as "Giants" of anything because your country is rapidly becoming a joke in the eyes of the international community and an embarrassment to Africans. "Giant of failure" seems a more appropriate motto.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Please Stop Calling Your Failed Country "The Giant Of Africa" by thesicilian: 11:33am On Dec 19, 2020
A nation can be a giant and still be a failure. AKA a ''colossal failure.''

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Please Stop Calling Your Failed Country "The Giant Of Africa" by MyGeneration(m): 11:37am On Dec 19, 2020
If u know how fvcked up biafra is going to be calling Nigeria a failed country will be the last thing u will do

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians - Please Stop Calling Your Failed Country "The Giant Of Africa" by Jashub: 11:39am On Dec 19, 2020
OP, you failed to mention how presidential amnesty was given to these gun-wielding bandits(aka Boko-haram) while bullets were shared to ENDSARS protesters for speaking out against police brutality and social injustice.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Please Stop Calling Your Failed Country "The Giant Of Africa" by Akudaisi: 11:42am On Dec 19, 2020
MyGeneration:
If u know how fvcked up biafra is going to be calling Nigeria a failed country will be the last thing u will do
iyi Biafrans are already producing weapons within 2 weeks of ESN,as a failed condom am not surprised at your statement
Re: Nigerians - Please Stop Calling Your Failed Country "The Giant Of Africa" by MyGeneration(m): 11:56am On Dec 19, 2020
Akudaisi:
iyi Biafrans are already producing weapons within 2 weeks of ESN,as a failed condom am not surprised at your statement
Uganda has much more potentials than biafra, same with Rwanda but look how poor these countries are then imagine what will befall biafra
Re: Nigerians - Please Stop Calling Your Failed Country "The Giant Of Africa" by Rugaria: 11:59am On Dec 19, 2020
MyGeneration:
Biafra Kee u dia..
Re: Nigerians - Please Stop Calling Your Failed Country "The Giant Of Africa" by Akudaisi: 2:25pm On Dec 19, 2020
MyGeneration:

Uganda has much more potentials than biafra, same with Rwanda but look how poor these countries are then imagine what will befall biafra
we are different from those countries you mentioned besides Rwanda is miles ahead of the zoo so your comparison is useless
Re: Nigerians - Please Stop Calling Your Failed Country "The Giant Of Africa" by MyGeneration(m): 2:54pm On Dec 19, 2020
Akudaisi:
we are different from those countries you mentioned besides Rwanda is miles ahead of the zoo so your comparison is useless
According to which statistics?

Is rwanda amongst the top 10economies in Africa?

What is rwanda's population, apart from kigali how many other cities does rwanda have....

Like I said una eye go clear one day

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Please Stop Calling Your Failed Country "The Giant Of Africa" by Akudaisi: 4:34pm On Dec 19, 2020
MyGeneration:

According to which statistics?

Is rwanda amongst the top 10economies in Africa?

What is rwanda's population, apart from kigali how many other cities does rwanda have....

Like I said una eye go clear one day
I don't want to waste my time with irrelevant people like you, shouting Nigeria Giant of Africa mumu when u leave ogbomosho you will get sense
Re: Nigerians - Please Stop Calling Your Failed Country "The Giant Of Africa" by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 6:01pm On Dec 19, 2020
Fistfor:
What sort of failed state is this? Where a bunch of wondering bandits equipped with AK47s and pick up trucks can simply walk into a school and abduct not 10, 20 or 30 children, but nearly 300 children? Do you not have any sort of local or national security apparatus at all? Nigeria does have an army, air force and federal, state and local police, right? Yet these thugs roam in your country unimpeded and strike seemingly when and wherever they want?

About three weeks ago, one of these same thugs tried to shake down some poor decent hard-working local farmers (who hadn't even harvested their crops yet). They captured him and handed the thug over to police. Shortly after dozens of these farmers (many young men) were killed by this same group. I saw pictures of many of the farmers with their heads cut off and placed by/on their bodies. Sickening.

Some school girls were captured several years ago. It is reported, the Nigerian state paid these AK47 carrying pick-up driving bandits £ 3 million euros to release them. Over a hundred of the girls still haven't been heard from since their capture.

Please stop branding yourselves as "Giants" of anything because your country is rapidly becoming a joke in the eyes of the international community and an embarrassment to Africans. "Giant of failure" seems a more appropriate motto.

Nigeria's biggest problem the Citizens are illiterate and stupid, Nigerian all over the world will only vote for it criminal which is killing and stealing from them even Nigerians in UK and America are the same thing. Just go to developed countries and see how Nigerians freeze criminals and people which are killing them with a chicken's it is not the fault of the government that is what the Nigerian citizens want the more they are killed the happier they are as long as they vote for themselves
Re: Nigerians - Please Stop Calling Your Failed Country "The Giant Of Africa" by thatigboman: 6:21pm On Dec 19, 2020
MyGeneration:

is Rwanda poor?
Re: Nigerians - Please Stop Calling Your Failed Country "The Giant Of Africa" by MyGeneration(m): 6:22pm On Dec 19, 2020
thatigboman:
is Rwanda poor?
If u no know know now
Re: Nigerians - Please Stop Calling Your Failed Country "The Giant Of Africa" by BIGPREEQ: 6:25pm On Dec 19, 2020
MyGeneration:

We know how oduduwa will eventually be competing with South Sudan and the others after all even in this entity Nigeria
Poverty is y'all surname grin
Re: Nigerians - Please Stop Calling Your Failed Country "The Giant Of Africa" by MyGeneration(m): 6:32pm On Dec 19, 2020
BIGPREEQ:

We know how oduduwa will eventually be competing with South Sudan and the others after all even in this entity Nigeria
I be igbo guy I know what am saying.

E go clear una for eye
Re: Nigerians - Please Stop Calling Your Failed Country "The Giant Of Africa" by BIGPREEQ: 6:53pm On Dec 19, 2020
MyGeneration:

I be igbo guy I know what am saying.

E go clear una for eye

Me seff I be yoruba
E go still clear for una eye you hear
Be proud of your ogbomosho origin for once grin
Re: Nigerians - Please Stop Calling Your Failed Country "The Giant Of Africa" by Nobody: 6:56pm On Dec 19, 2020
Fistfor:

You should have stopped here, because you have said it all, the rest was jsut extra grammer.

One thing I tell people who are rejoicing over how the government got the boys freed is that the fact they were kidnapped in the first place, shows that there is a serious problem

1 Like

Re: Nigerians - Please Stop Calling Your Failed Country "The Giant Of Africa" by efighter: 6:59pm On Dec 19, 2020
BIGPREEQ:

YES. But yet your people troop into Oduduwa Republic everyday. Even when Fashola and Aregbesola abducted you from Oduduwa land and dumped you at Upper Iweka Bridge Head, before 10 minutes, you have all jumped into the next available trailer moving cows to Lagos.
Re: Nigerians - Please Stop Calling Your Failed Country "The Giant Of Africa" by MyGeneration(m): 7:05pm On Dec 19, 2020
BIGPREEQ:

Me seff I be yoruba
E go still clear for una eye you hear
Be proud of your ogbomosho origin for once grin
Fulani be proud of your Sokoto origin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerians - Please Stop Calling Your Failed Country "The Giant Of Africa" by Ddokie: 7:11pm On Dec 19, 2020
MyGeneration:

How did you know? have you been to Biafra before? Or you just want to talk nonsense as usual?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians - Please Stop Calling Your Failed Country "The Giant Of Africa" by MyGeneration(m): 7:13pm On Dec 19, 2020
Ddokie:

How did you know? have you been to Biafra before? Or you just want to talk nonsense as usual?
I am telling based on everything.

If Uganda with bigger land mass better infrastructures and natural resources is poor then imagine how biafra will be
Re: Nigerians - Please Stop Calling Your Failed Country "The Giant Of Africa" by Veqtor: 7:26pm On Dec 19, 2020
Don't mind them... Giant of Africa my foot.

A country that can't boast of steady power supply despite the abundance of oil and gas. Even a small country like Ghana have light.

Giant of disgrace

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Group Writes Buhari,seeks Review Of Recent Police Promotions / The Virus 19 Plan: / Lagos State Government Announces Resumption Date For Public And Private Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.