Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

Yazim By Amah - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Yazim By Amah (734 Views)

Morenikeji By Amah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yazim By Amah by Dapalace: 8:42pm On Dec 19, 2020
YAZIM. Episode 1

©Amah

She was everything I wanted in a woman, she was so real, no faking and pretense, and I like her.. all I wanted was to be her friend if only she will let me, the first time I saw her was on my way back from basketball training, I sighted her from afar walking toward me.. I try to wear a captivating smile, as I got closer to her is as if my smile will be a wasted one because she wasn’t even ready to look at me despite all my effort, as she try to walk past, I needed to act fast, I needed to do something to get her attention, and if I say “pretty one, how are you..” she may probably snub me and I will feel humiliated.. I don’t want that…

I remember Luke my friend telling me how he got a lady’s attention and it all ended up in laughter and they are still friends till date.

The lady’s name was Ladi, Luke told me that after an effortless try to get Ladi”s attention but no avail… he met her one day after he intentionally left some cash on the ground, where she usually pass, he approach her “hey, excuse me, are you the owner of that cash over there? Guess it fell out of your bag, Ladi turned immediately and started moving back while searching her bag when she sighted the amount on the floor she turned to Luke,

“Is not from me, who knows who could have been so unfortunate”

”Not from me either I actually thought it fell from your bag, why don’t we drop it for the street beggars…that way it will be useful…what do you think?

Fine by me…am actually going home, not rushing… but what if the owner shows up?

That maybe his/her last…

‘There’s every possibility of that” interrupted Luke. You wouldn’t want it to get into the wrong hand’ so… let’s make good use of it. The money returned back to Luke’s pocket at the end.

Well the rest was a history… that’s how they became friends

As I remembered the story I quickly dropped good amount of cash on the floor, which some of the cash was actually my transport back home while the rest i wanted to buy some grocery on my way home, I risked it knowing well she may be scared to touch it…so at the end it will still return to my pocket just like Luke my friend did.

so I pretended to be on phone as she pass after like 3 minutes I turned and quickly called her attention to the money, it took her a minute to walk straight to the place. she was so fast as she saw the cash on the floor. I told her that as I turned I sighted the cash and it must have fallen from her or somebody else, she quickly agreed that it was hers to my utmost surprise, she actually said that the money was belongs to her.

She first stepped on the money then bend down and pick it up, she counted the cash, smile and put it straight into her bag.

She looked at me and silently muttered a thank you with a sheepish smile as she walked away.

I did not realize that my mouth has been open all this while as I watch the drama… I don’t know if I should run after her and collect back my money I was dumb founded.

I watched as she disappear like tin air, she only turn back ones and gave me a wink..

“whaaat, this is not happening to me, oh my God…this girl has just taking both my transport and feeding money… what am i suppose to do now?….

Tbc..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Yazim By Amah by Dapalace: 8:44pm On Dec 19, 2020
YAZIM. Episode 2

© AMAH

I stood there puzzled, I don’t know if i should go front or go back.

“What kind of stupidity is this. this girl just took my money…she said it was hers…in a clear day light, when I’m not dreaming…I feel so stupid right now. how do I go home…what do I do…

I thought to myself as I started walking gently still thinking of what to do, like a joke my money is gone.

I try to wave down few cars but none stopped for me.

I brought out my phone to call my friend, Luke, to know whether he can help me out.

As I try calling Luke what I heard was “dear customer, your account is too low for this call, please recharge as soon as possible…”

I opened my eyes and stare down at my phone as my frustration grew with every passing second.

I needed to buy airtime and recharge my phone to be able to call Luke but how do I do that when all my money was gone.

I try to stop speeding vehicles to see if I can get help to any nearest bustop maybe from there I will start trekking it but I couldn’t get any help.

I started jogging down until I was so exhausted.

I felt so tired and weak and decided to rest.

I saw a boy hawking water and begged him for a sachet of water but he also ignored me and walked past.

Today is definitely the worst day of my life.

I stood up and started walking again, feeling so thirsty.

I saw a girl hawking cold water, I decided to call her.

I asked her to give me a sachet water, and I pretend to have money to pay.

She carried down her bowl and gave me water, it was so chilled just like I have wanted it to be.

After I drank the first one, I wasn’t still satisfied I needed more.

Within seconds I have finished three sachet of water. I collected two and poured on my sweating head, making it five Sachets.

After drinking I felt energized, I was strong again, even if I decided to run away the girl won’t be able to catch me because I have long legs, I’m a fast runner

I looked at the girl staring at me with her whole eye balls as if she can read my mind.

she started acting like I was wasting her time.

I knew what she was waiting, her money, of which I do not have even a dime with me.

but I pretend not to know as I gradually started moving backword just to find enough space and escape.

If I take a step she takes two after me and and Just when I was about to take another step to run the girl suddenly grabbed my cloth.

“Oga, what do you want to do… you want to run away with my money…eeeh?

I looked at the girl, anger was written all over her, I try see if I can pacify her.

” Aaah..ah..calm down… how much is even the money that you are holding me like a thief… I have the money here with me…is not like i don’t have the money o…I do and I wanted to even give you extra cash… more than all the money for the sachet water that I drank…but if you keep embarrassing me like this…I won’t be able to do that again…be a good girl and relax…I have your money and even extra for you.. stop embarrassing me, can’t you see that you are attracting onlookers… passerby have started looking at us… just leave my cloth first so that I can bring out the money…

“Oga, please forget all this long talk and pay me my money… you are wasting my time… you took five Sachets of water and did not want to pay…

“Is not like I don’t want to pay o…I will still pay if only you will let go of my cloth…

She started acting drama, calling me thief and I saw some roughly looking boys coming towards our direction as she started screaming.

I forcefully pulled out her hand from my cloth and pick race.

I ran without looking back, I was hearing many legs running after me, and I guess is those area boys.

I refuse to look back as I kept running.

Thank God for my long legs, I gave them enough gap as I ran with all my strength.

They kept shouting “thief… thief” and more boys came out to pursue me.

I don’t know how they managed to block me and I ran straight into them and that’s when the beating began.

Even those who doesn’t know what happened came out from nowhere and join in the beating.

I was beating blue and black with no mercy

As I heard one of them suggest that they should put tyre on my head and burn me.

I started shouting out for mercy.

“Is only sachet water I drank o..is water oo not human being…I only drank water please don’t kill me… don’t kill me…

People were gathering, and nobody bother to ask what exactly happened, as different stories started flying around, one said I wanted to use an innocent hawker for ritual. another person said I wanted to rape the girl. still another said I stole a hawkers money and ran away.

I began to wonder if this is how jungle justice happens to the innocent.

One of the area boys who wanted to put a ring of tyre around me was stopped by an elderly man.

Who asked everyone to calm down as they kept saying different things.

“Everyday for the thief one day for the owner of house…the bush meat has caught the hunter… the wicked shall not go unpunished.

Different insults were hauled at me until the elderly man, who seems to be well respected ask everybody to leave me alone.

I was on the ground crying and thinking if this is how I was going to die.

“Is today going to be my last day on earth”.

I thought of the wicked girl that took my money and started cursing her.

‘it shall not be well with her… God will punish her, that money she took from me will never be useful to her…

I kept cursing and continue to cry for mercy.

I can not die because of ordinary water that i drank because I was thirsty.

The mistake I made was drinking extra and even pouring some on head.

If I knew that it will result to this I would have just keep begging until I see somebody who will be kind enough to give me water to quench my thirsty dry throat.

The elderly man asked me what happened and I told him I drank water without paying because I didn’t have money.

He called the Sachet water hawker who was among the crowd to come out.

He asked her what happened and she said I drank five Sachets of her water without paying.

The elderly man brought out money and gave the girl even paid her extra before asking her to go.

And after the girl left, people started leaving one after the other.

The man asked me to stand up.

My face was already disfigured as I stood.

He gave me money and ask me to also leave.

I thanked him and immediately i started going.

I took a bus home and as I got into the house I began to think of what just happened earlier, I was still in shock just knowing my life would have ended few hours ago if the elderly man did not showed up on time.

I began to shake just knowing I could have being a dead man all because of my foolishness.

I thought how the dropping of money on the ground that works for Luke and he was able to get Ladi, and they have being so close ever since, I thought such method will also work for me but instead it almost killed me.

After treating my injury that those boys inflicted on me, I lay on my bed that night and stare at the ceiling as hot tears burn down from my eyes.

” I will never in my life be foolish again or forget this day in a hurry”

“God please do not forget to punish that girl who took my money, those roughly looking area boys that wanted to Lynch me and please don’t spare even the sachet water hawker… God please punish all of them…but that elderly man… may his days be long…aaah, thank God I did not die today…

I was talking out loud as I kept imagining all the things that happened to me today.

Drop a comment if you want me to continue

Tbc…

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Yazim By Amah by Phorlakemi001: 8:47pm On Dec 19, 2020
Nice, continue please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yazim By Amah by JustCruise(m): 9:55pm On Dec 19, 2020
Interesting. Please more updates.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yazim By Amah by Dapalace: 10:55am On Dec 20, 2020
YAZIM. Episode 3

© Amah

I called Luke the following day and ask him if he was free for us to see.

Luke told me that Ladi was taking him out to an evening date.

He said I should join them.

“Who will pay the bills because me I don’t even have any money with me at the moment. I misplaced my grocery money… all the money I planned to use and buy foodstuff vanished… which was more reason why I wanted to see you…I have an important gist. guy…I would have being a dead man oo…I will tell you everything when I see you…but I don’t have money right now in case you planned to split the bills…

“Relax Yazim…Ladi have all the bills covered, she has being so supportive all this while, she has proven that not all women are stingy… tag along…we are not splitting bills… Ladi is paying for everything…

I was surprised to hear Luke say that his girlfriend was going to pay for our outing, I really do want to go out but it looks embarrassing for me to go and sit, eat and drink while a woman will cover my bills, taking care of her boyfriend’s own bills is enough but adding my own to it looks embarrassing.

I decided not to go, I will Just stay in my house peacefully to avoid another story that touches the heart.

ever since yesterday, or let me say for years now women have being dealing with me, it was a woman that claimed my money as hers in a broad daylight.

I thought my tricks will work, by now I would have being enjoying myself and probably calling my soon to be girlfriend but she was a lying Jezebel who stole my money.

And I ran into another wicked girl, hawking water who termed me as a thief and I almost got Lynched.

I almost met my own death. Everything happened within a twinkle of an eye.

I’m left with injury and body pain.

Now Luke is telling me to come and hang out with him and his girlfriend, she has the bills covered.

Another temptation lurking around me, well packaged and mouth watering just for me to fall into it and they will finally finish my life.

No, I overcome this one, it will not get me, I have not even recovered fully from yesterday’s own.

I quietly lie down and continue browsing with my phone.

After sometimes my phone rang and Luke was calling

“Yazim…are you sleeping, I thought we agreed to go out..are you set..

“You and Ladi your babe agreed to go out not me and you… I’m not going anywhere because I don’t have money and I’m not even feeling so well…

“We are coming down to your place right now…so get ready…I told you not to worry about money that Ladi will take care of it…Wai.. hold on for Ladi.. she wants to speak with you…

I waited and Ladi started speaking over the phone

“Hello Yazim… please don’t worry about the money, I have it all covered… Luke has being giving me a good treats all this while…so doing the same for him and his friend is not a big deal… you don’t have to worry about paying anything… everything is all on me… let’s go and have a good time… you will feel better after that…

And within few minutes they were at my place and that was how I decided to go with them as I kept on praying in my mind “o Lord, do not allow me to fall into temptation again, please deliver me from all evil lurking around me..”.

They noticed my swollen face and injury, they wanted to know what happened but I promise to give them the full gist later as i wore my face cap and off we went.

We went to an open bar and sat around a table.

After the bar man took Luke and Ladi’s order, I was reluctant at first to say exactly what I really want to drink, I told them I’m fine I will just take a bottle water or malt.

Ladi sighed while laughing at me with my order as she ask them to bring the same thing they were bringing for her boyfriend.

She ordered for pepper soup, smoked fish and fried meat.

Different things to eat and drink filled up our table.

Before you know I was in my second bottle of drink, freely eating everything on the table.

Ladi with Luke made me feel comfortable and problem free

At first it sound so embarrassing to give them the full gist of what happened yesterday, because everything was still so fresh in my mind.

I didn’t want to say how it all happened because Luke’s girlfriend was there, but when i got to my third bottle as the drink was beginning to take effect on me I began to vomit everything that happened.

I told them how I was surprisingly saved yesterday, that I wouldn’t be sitting here with them if not for the elderly man that intervened on time and stopped those boys who planned to burn me alive after they tagged me to be a thief because of an ordinary water that I drank.

I first told them about the dropping of the money on the ground to get a lady’s attention. I was following Luke’s footsteps and it was disastrous, they both started laughing so hard.

It sounds funny but it was far more than what I have bargained for.

They pitied me and wondered why people are always eager for trouble, instead of to look for a better way to resolve the issue they resulted to beating and even plan to lynch me which was uncalled for in such a situation.

We talked about how many people might have died innocently because of ignorance, those who refused to know what exactly happened but joined others in perpetrating a crime.

The society was becoming unsafe for many.

After the whole long good evening, with enough to eat and drink the bar man came with the bills and as he mentioned the amount, I flinched in fear. I swallowed hard and try to look away with my tooth pick stick still in my mouth.

I refused to worry since I have being told to relaxed, I wasn’t totally relaxed, I will be when the bills is all settled

Luke mentioned my name, I quickly turned and saw the bar man standing beside me with the bills, all the drinks cleared from my eyes as i sparked up immediately

“What… Luke, why is he standing beside me with the bills… what is the meaning of this…you people told me that the bills are covered…I.. wha…

Ladi was trying to look serious but I can see laughter curved at one end of her mouth. Luke spoke acting serious.

“Yazim… something just came up… Ladi forgot to carry the bag that has money inside, she mistakenly carried the wrong bag… so she can’t pay the bills again..and me, I don’t have enough money here, I don’t even have my ATM card here with me… so Yazim, you will have to pay more since you drank and ate more than me and Ladi…

I opened my mouth and shut it again, not knowing what exactly to say, my fear was coming back to live, is this really happening to me, I have not fully recovered from yesterday’s trauma, now this.

How I’m I suppose to pay now when they made me think all was well.

I started talking out loud as my frustration began to grow

“Aaah Women… women…I said it… women are dangerous human being…they are not to be trusted… Luke you and your girlfriend made me believe that I don’t have to pay for any anything, I told you of my present predicaments..i even wanted to settle for water or malt but two of you kept on ordering for drinks and different things to eat, I was freely eating and drinking thinking that it was as you told me…now what exactly do you want me to do… you people should Just kill me…no, you have to finish me up from where those area boys stopped yesterday… With the recent things happening to me I guess I have been destined to die… you people should kill me because even if you beat me from now to tomorrow you won’t see a dime…so, just kill me…

As I was vibrating and ragging angrily Luke and Ladi burst out laughing uncontrollable, even the bar man joined them. I wasn’t finding anything funny at all.

“This is not funny at all because I’m serious with what I’m saying…if they beat me from now till tomorrow they won’t see a penny, that’s why I suggested that they should just kill me… let me die…is not today that women started dealing with me…

They continue laughing and later the bar man left.

Ladi said

“We are only pulling your legs…is a joke, I have already paid all the bills, we just wanted see your reaction…the bills have being covered by me…Yazim, don’t generalised us… all women are not the same… you have probably being meeting the wrong ones… pray to meet the right one…but you gave us something to really laugh about this evening…we are not laughing at your predicaments…but your attitude towards it…you crack us up with that “kill me attitude” that you pulled out…

We later went home and when I got home I thanked God again for not making be to fall a victim to unfortunate thing.

As days turned into weeks I bounced back to health and resumed my basketball play which I started going every weekend again.

I have never forgotten what happened to me, the face of the girl that took my money and landed me into serious trouble. I don’t think i will ever forget.

I was coming back from playing basketball ball when I saw her, yes, I actually saw her, she was the one.

She was cat walkin down the road and I didn’t know what to do.

My head began to spin, I checked my wallet, I have some money there.

One mind said I should drop it and see if she will pick it.

another mind said I shouldn’t try such expensive play again otherwise sorry will become my second name.

What if I drop the money again and she picks it and claim it as hers, how do I even confront her from the last time.

“Oh boy…see shape…but this girl is beautiful oo…aah… God save me from women… don’t allow me to die in their hands…I reject every spirit of confusion… she is still a thief no matter how she packaged herself…but what do i do to get her attention now…

I said to myself as I watch her catwalk down.

What exactly should I do now she is about to walk past me

I need to act fast.

For more episodes visit www.dapalace.com
You can as well read morenikeji

To be continued
Re: Yazim By Amah by Dapalace: 8:10pm On Dec 21, 2020
YAZIM. Episode 4

I checked my wallet again, as I thought of what to do. “If I drop the money in my wallet and she picks it and claims it as hers again how will I go home….and how do I collect my money from her…what I’m I suppose to do now before she pass me.

I can’t risk it again, I can’t drop the money in my wallet. i need to confront her from the last time and with this thoughts going through my head I already knew what to do.

Immediately she was about to walk pass I called her

“Excuse me…hey…please excuse me…

She looks at me like I don’t exist and slowed down her pace, so I walked up to her.

“Yes, what is the problem…how can I help you… she said with a frown plastered on her face as if she just finished fighting with somebody.

“Don’t you remember me…don’t pretend not to know me…

“From where…who are you…and what do you want…I don’t have time to waste…who are you?

She looks at me angrily. Acting all pissed up with every passing second.

Well, I could have allowed her to carry her problem and walk pass but I refused, i need to tell her to her face that she is a thief.

Just remembering what happened to me, I could have being a dead man. With everything I suffered that day all because of her makes me even more willing to confront her and tell her exactly what she needs to hear, I don’t care if she had a fight with somebody before now, I don’t care if she is pissed or not all I know is that I will tell her exactly how I feel.

“I’m the guy that…that you stole his money…you picked my money and claimed it as yours…you are a thie…

“wai…wait…hold on…who did you say you are again…from which planet…I have never seen you before…what are you talking about…?

“You haven’t seen me before but you have seen my money…you are a fat liar and a thief…do you know you almost got me killed…you stole my money…what kind of woma…

She sparked up angrily at me, clapping her hand at my face and as I move back to avoid her getting physical she follows me. Attracting attention and that is exactly what I do not want, people may not understand what transpired between us and will want to come and attack me because she is a lady and a beautiful one at that.

She continued to insult me

“you are a big fool…you are so useless and you don’t have common sense…do I look like your old haggard girlfriend that might have stolen your money…are you insane…have you ever seen this face before…not even in your dream because I don’t talk to confused boys like you…I think you are going crazy and you really need to check in into a psychiatric home…you are probably a frustrated human being looking for who to pass your frustration on…old fool like you…get lost…nonsense.

A guy driving down the road parked his car and walked upto us and started saying rubbish. he did not even know what happened he was just vomiting trash.

“What is going on here…what happened…baby calm down, some guys doesn’t worth it…guy why are you attacking this fine babe…is it by force…if she doesn’t want…you leave her alone…why are you embarrassing her…having a girlfriend is not by force o…it does not favor every man…what is your problem…if she is your sister will you allow a guy to treat her the way you are treating this pretty lady…why are you getting her all angry…eeh…

I was just weak to my knee, I don’t know if I should attack this stupid guy taking her side without really knowing what happened. The girl spark even more as she saw the guy.

“Don’t mind the useless fool, even in his next life he can not have a girlfriend like me…he left his brain at home and came out with his empty skull looking fro who to pass his frustration on…can you imagine…this wretched looking thing calling me a thief…that I stole his money…instead of him to say exactly what he want…he came at me…just take a long look at me…do I look like somebody you can feed…I’m a classic babe and I don’t need ugly poor boys like you…nonsense…

She washed me down with her mouth and I totally felt lost wondering if she was the same person or did i mistake her for the lady that took my money.

I looked at her again and I was certain she was the one.

With the way she washed me down It would have being better if she just slap me and go in peace.

The guy who has his own personal motives, continued supporting her as he lash out more insults at me.

“…after looking at how beautiful and classic that you look he accused you of stealing?…how much do he even have that someone will steal…people that have money do not make noise but all this chewing gum boys with small change will be making noise up and down…baby…you need smart and caring guys like me…men like me that are ready to showcase your beauty to the world…men like me that will love you till eternity…not broke guys like him…he is damn broke and will spoil this your golden finest if he comes into your life…stay away from broke guys…just forget him…let me give you a ride to wherever you are going…come let me drop you off…men like me treat our babes right…you should not settle for less…look at who is accusing you of stealing. fine girl like you do not need to be angry or walked up because of some broke boys…come let me give you a ride, I will treat you like a queen that you are, make you the woman of my empire…you are sweating already…I will high the air condition in my car for you…so that it will cool you down…baby you need a man like me in your life and I will prove that you because you deserve better things in life…I have never met a sunshine like you before…come, let me take you to the moon and make you walk on golden stars…you will never need to compete with anyone because I don’t have any woman in my life so I’m opening the door of my heart to you to come and dwell…come with me baby…

I was just watching the drama, as the guy now turn the whole thing to his favor by stylish asking the girl out and calling me a broke boy. The stupid guy was using me to his advantage to shine in front of the lady.

But my greatest joy came when it unexpectedly backfires on him.

The lady turned to the guy angrily, shocking both of us.

“oga…stop trying to patronizing me…I’m not selling crayfish… who do you think you are even talking to…do you see me as a secondary school girl?…you must be high…all of you men are the same…please, you people should leave me alone…go and find your square root…you are not my type…having a car does not qualify you to be in life…you are still among the broke guys because you lack common sense…sense is not expensive yet you can’t afford one for yourself…which means you are a broke ass boy…two of you should get the hell out of my sight….rubbish….

I held my mouth from laughing out even though the laughter was pushing so hard to come out and it finally succeeded, I burst out laughing at the guy who stood looking so frustrated.

The lady was cat walking away, the guy started swelling up angrily like a loaf of bread as he throws insults at her.

“See this useless girl o…I was even trying to help your life…ugly girl like you…do you think you are fine…you are not even up to my girlfriend…if you see my girlfriend you will hide your face…with this your attitude you will grow old in your father’s house…continue cat walking, that is how you will catwalk into old age when your skin will wrinkle all over and you will start begging for attention…by then it will be too late…I was even trying to help the stupid girl and she fires back at me…useless girl like you…

The lady ignored him and walked away, the guy angrily turned to me

“Guy…get your broke ass off from my way…I would have allowed the girl to insult the hell out of you…I was even trying to help you…. now look at what my kind heart got me…human being can never be satisfied…mtcheeeewwww…

He started walking to his car and I dropped few insult behind him as walk to his car.

“Next time try to mind your business, you wanted to take me and shine in front of the lady…ntoor…look at where it got you…next time if you see two people arguing find out what happen before judging…see the way she just disgraced you now…hahahahaha….

The guy entered his car and before he zoomed off he gave me a sign with his hand “waka” and drove off.

I went home. the fact still remain that I did not get the girl or my money back instead I got heavy insult, well, I plan to let it all go.

She is a frustrated human being and I don’t need her or the money anymore. My greatest joy is that the guy who came to add salt to my injury got more than he bargained for.

My plan now is to make legit money and pray to get a girl like Ladi, Luke’s girlfriend. Who has a good sense of humor, homely and fun to be with.

Until then I will remain focus and not fall victim to unwarranted circvmstances.

And that was my prayer until I met this same girl again.

An intriguing stories that you wouldn't want to miss click here to read from www.dapalace.com

To be continued
Re: Yazim By Amah by Dapalace: 2:39pm On Dec 23, 2020
YAZIM. Episode 5.

© Amah

I never saw her again until one day I was coming back from work, I was not coming back from a basket ball training this time which I thought was my only way of meeting her but from work

I have decided to stop by at the market to buy few things before heading home.

On my way home, I wanted to go and take bus to my place when I sighted the man that saved me from those area boys, the elderly man was coming out from a shop.

I went to him greeted him and thanked him again for his kind intervention.

He did not recognized me at first until I explained myself to him.

He screamed excitedly after explaining myself to him, and he asked about my welfare as we walked down together.

He was so friendly and I learnt that the big shop he was coming out from belongs to him, he has people working for him.

He had a small bag that has things inside, I insisted to him carry it and he allowed me, I wish I have enough money I would have shower that man with enough gifts, we need people like him in our society.

Kind and friendly people who are well respected and never stained their name with anything.

I also learnt that he lost his wife many years ago, he has two daughters, the first is already married while the second, is opposite of his sister, she disagrees with everything and always want to have own way, she was stubborn and people sometimes doubt if she came out from his loins because she does not takes advice or listen to anyone.

The man continued talking “She is her own god and even with all this stubbornness i still love my daughter and hope she change some day and become like her elder sister, who is well reserved and accommodating”…

I walked down with him, interacting so freely, he was using his life experience and lesson to talk to me and withholding nothing, even used his own family and his wayward daughter to teach me about life and why it was very good to be upright in all our dealings.

I stood in front of his gate and did not want to go because I was enjoying every of his word, he asked me to come around someday, any day I’m free, I should come around and have some tea with him.

It was a great privilege and I see why people respect him in that area, is not just because he was well to do but because he was kind and friendly too.

And before I leave, a young lady came out of the gate and greeted the man

“Welcome Dad…I’m going out…but I will not waste time…I will be back soon, I just want to see somebody…

I was staring at her with my mouth wide open, I was so surprised at who I was seeing, she was the one, the same lady that claimed my money as hers, I was looking right into her face.

I swallowed hard and moved uncontrollably, was I seeing double or is this real. All through the time she was speaking with the elderly man she never look up at me, after talking with the man who I was surprise to know that he was her father, she walked out without looking back.

And after she left, the man turned to me and said

“that is my daughter…the one I was just speaking to you about, she has being putting up her best behavior this days, I don’t really know what happened to her but she hardly tells me whenever she is going out, she goes anytime and comes anytime but this few days or weeks she has being in her best behavior, locking herself up in her room more often, I just hope she is not pregnant…

As I heard the last word, I turned to look at the man as many things started going through my mind.

“Sir…sorry to interrupt…did you just say she maybe pregnant…

“well… yes, I said that although I’m not sure…anything is possible, you know most children grew up under my watch as I try my very best to guide and support them in the right direction, now majority of them listen and have become useful to their families and their community, some are under me and I’m coaching them to be useful to themselves. But my own child despite everything… I try to guide her in the right direction, but she refuse to follow, my wife died when they were still in primary schools, I single handily raise them and many others but this particular child…she act as if she was adopted, people still find it hard to believe she came from my loins, someday she is all good and obedient while another time she is acting as if there’s another spirit controlling her…well, I’m just a little surprise that she is all normal this days, staying in door and tell me whenever she is going out…that is unlike her but I thank God all the same and hope she is not in any trouble or even pregnant because that will be disappointing…

I didn’t know what to say, I thanked the man and promised to come around during the weekend. He gave me a warm handshake before leaving.

How do I even tell the man that it was his daughter that almost got me lynched or maybe is my foolishness, but I’m still in shock that she could boldly pick what is not hers and claimed it.

I wen home and during the weekend I came visiting the man, he has become like a father figure to me and I have taken likeness to his personality.

There were two boys and an elderly woman living with him, I greeted them all as I was asked to sit in his big sitting room.

He was a lover of art works, there were well polished art works all around his house and I looked on with admiration for the beauty of art.

One of the boys asked me what I want to drink and I said water will be fine and he brought water. While I was waiting and feeding my eyes with everything around there, the girl came out, she looked at me and rolled her eyes at me, sigh as if she was possessed by an evil spirit, I have made up my mind to avoid her and to even speak to her, so as she rolled her eyes, sigh and act like I was invisible. She suddenly pause and looked at me with her eyes wide open.

“Hey…I know you…you are the boy that accused me of stealing your money…yes…it was you…is you that stopped me one day and called me a thief…is you…

I totally ignored her, I already know she was crazy even without her father telling me, with her display and attitude it was so obvious that she wasn’t normal at all. She continued talking

“…what the hell are you doing in my house…you traced me down to my house…oh, you are stalking me…you are stalker…what are you doing in my house before I bath you with hot water…

I know that wasn’t just a threat, she may go ahead to pour hot water or do anything to me so as I was about to speak up I saw her father coming out, I gave a sigh of relief.

“Amanda…what is the problem…Yazim is my visitor…why are you harassing him…is there a problem..?

“Yes, yes dad there is a problem…he has being stalking me…he accused me of stealing his money one day…called me a thief…and embarrassed me on the road…and I have never seen this boy in my life before then…I was shock, I just had a break up with Jack…Jack broke up with me Dad that day and I was so broken and looking for where to cool off and that was how he met me and started accusing me…

The man look confused, but I remained seated not even knowing what to say or how to start explaining myself.

She started talking fast and her father sense that she was about to cry and went to hold her as he stroke her shoulder and quietly ask her

“Who is Jack…I know of Tommy, the guy that brings you home and comes around then, I know Tommy but I serious don’t know Jack…I have being wanting to ask you about Tommy and now I’m hearing of Jack for the first time…I’m confuse because I don’t know who Jack is…

“Dad…me and Tommy broke up, he caught me with Jack and broke up with me, and I wasn’t so pained because I don’t really love Tommy but I love Jack, and I started dating Jack immediately and he also end up calling it quit, he said I was a psychopath…he also said he doesn’t want to see me and I’m so pained and broken, I feel so lonely and I prefers to stay on my own. I was coming back broken that day when I saw this boy here, he stopped me and started accusing me of stealing…I have never seen him before then…he called me a thief, Dad…he actually called me a thief, he is a stalker…he is stalking me…he traced me down to the house…

The man breathed deeply and stroke her shoulder again before looking at me and began to say.

“I know my daughter can be weird but she is sound certain of what she is saying….Yazim, have you seen her before and are you stalking her…like she said…

I swallowed hard and sat properly, if I have to say anything I will have to link it back to the day I foolishly dropped my money just to get her attention and she picked it and walked out, causing me to run into trouble until the elderly man who I never knew was her father saved me.

How do I even begin such story, Amanda and her Dad were waiting for me to speak as she continue to stare at me as If I was a criminal.

What if I decided to leave now and forget everything, that will be suspicious and disrespectful to the kind man.

So I decided to speak, I decided to start right from the beginning how it all happened not because of Amanda or whatever her name is, she obviously hate me for whatever reason I don’t know. I was only going to say how it all happened because her father is an open and truthful man.

He was transparent and did not hide anything even though I appear to be a common stranger, he used his mistakes and failure to advice me to be better, he used his life tale to encourage me and I like the man already but it was his daughter I’m having issue with and I will make sure I say it just as it happened without mincing words.

Whatever the outcome will be, is fine by me. But I will feel more free with myself.

An intriguing stories that you wouldn't want to miss click here to read from www.dapalace.com

To be continued
Re: Yazim By Amah by Dapalace: 9:25pm On Dec 24, 2020
YAZIM EPISODE 6

® Amah

I told the man everything that happened right from the beginning, he was shock and he even have to laugh at some point as I was telling my sad story.

Amanda was just looking at me as if I was talking too much as I told her father how she picked my money and made me to run into trouble that day.

Amanda never said anything through out.

The elderly man later said

“children of this days…whaaat…why on earth will you do such a thing just to get a lady’s attention, why not walk up to her and talk to her instead of dropping money on the ground and pretending all through…that was just so unnecessary Yazim…you could have being killed that day…it wasn’t Amanda’s fault…and I totally condemned what she did.

The man turned to his daughter with a frown, Amanda looked at me and gave a heavy sigh before bending her head as her father scold her.

“Amanda, I brought you up to be better than that…why will you even claim something that wasn’t yours…let’s assume that the money was not from Yazim…an enemy of yours decided to drop the money just to get to you and you picked it…claiming it as yours, do you know what could have happened?…What if you bent to pick the money and turn into a chicken, if you turn into a fowl while picking what is not yours… your enemy will put you into his bag and make meat out of you, you will go into his pot of soup and straight into your enemies belly…Amanda….

Amanda started laughing, I also wanted to laugh with the way the man was describing the whole thing just to scare his daughter but instead of becoming scared that she would have turned into an animal by picking something on the road she started laughing, I held myself from doing the same, but Amanda was laughing uncontrollably as the elderly man looked on, and with her laughter I end up giving in to mine as I joined and started laughing until the man said

“this is not funny at all, I don’t know what two of you are laughing about…but this is the fact, you could have being killed Yazim and Amanda wouldn’t have being here if you happen to be a ritualist that plan to get her with your money…

Amanda pause from laughing before saying

“Dad, I stepped on the money before picking it, I thought stepping on money before picking it nullifies it’s power…well, I know he was the one that dropped the money maybe to get my attention because the money was not there when I walked pass…and I never even know he was the same guy all this while not until now…I also never knew it was his last cash and he almost got lynched…I don’t know Dad, I’m sorry…I promise I won’t do that ever again…and thank God he wasn’t a ritualist…and the sad thing is that I actually spent all the money that night as I used it to buy something for that stupid Jack, that ungrateful Jack and he later broke up with me…but, all that matters is nothing happened to me and he didn’t die because of his foolishness…

The elderly man insisted that she apologies to me, she was reluctant at first but later did.

“Yaz…whatever your name is…sorry o.

She just throw the sorry at me like a garbage to a waste bin, her father was not satisfied as he stood his ground and asked her to give a good apology by moving closer to me and looking straight to my eyes, the elderly man asked her to say it like she truly means it. It took a long talk and persuasion before she agrees to do it.

I was just standing there looking at her as she rolled her eyes at first before coming to stand in front of me, she was really beautiful and my heart began to beat fast again as she stood there with a frown to her face looking at me without saying anything, I looked at her eyes then down to her mouth, my eyes travels down her body, I forgot all the pain she caused me and just stare.

She suddenly turned to her father shocking me

“Dad…do you see the way he looked ta me, he is undressing me with his eyes…he doesn’t deserve an apology, he is really undressing me with his eyes, he doesn’t worth it Dad…is has always being foolish, he is a very stupid boy…I will not tender any apology to him, he has already gotten all the apology he needs by looking at me that way…

I started defending myself immediately that I wasn’t thinking of such or even undressing her with my eyes as she has accused me, the man was even tired of us.

But he needed to make his daughter do his bidding and stop being arrogant.

“Amanda, do as I say. if it was Jack that was looking at you that way…I guess you won’t complain…so just make the apologies quick and leave…stop standing there and wasting time so that he won’t look at you the way you don’t like…mention his name is Yazim… address him well and apologies…

She breathed deeply and turned back at me, this time I try to look at something else so she won’t feel I’m undressing her with myself.

“Ya…yazink…whatever… sor…rry. Try and be smart next time…what you did was absolutely foolish and senseless…you could have walked up to me…the highest I will do Is to insult you and walk away…why will you be dropping money on the road to attract me…it served you right because you thought I’m a bingo and I proved that to you…nonsense…I mean sor…ry…mtcheeewwww.

She walked away and her father just shakes his head and apologies properly on her behalf and I thanked the man, and spent that evening talking about other things with him before leaving. He said I shouldn’t stop coming because of his arrogant daughter, I should make sure I come around during weekend when I will be free and I agree to do so.

I went visiting him again and going down there to see him was always worth it

He was not around one weekend, but he said I should wait for him he will soon be back

So while I was waiting, Amanda was also in the sitting room watching television and never paid any attention to me neither did i.

I was already picking so much interest in her but it was better I stay away to avoid her trouble. I really wanted to talk to her but she may react negatively which was my greatest fear and may even report me to her father.

I waited for sometime as the day was turning dark and when the man wasn’t back I decided to leave a message with one of the boys as I also intend to send a text message to the man whenever I gets home.

As I was leaving, after crossing the gate, I heard my name and I turned and it was Amanda.

I wondered what she want to say, or she probably want to warn me to stop coming to there house.

So I waited, I acted all normal as if I feel nothing for her of which I deeply do.

But I pretend as she stood close to me, she stammered with her first sentence and after sometime she started apologizing with the way she has being acting towards me.

She said she was going for a birthday party by weekend and asked me if I will like to come with her.

I wasn’t going to act as if I have being praying and hoping for that opportunity to come, hoping to when she will speak to me nicely. I was going to pretend and act like I don’t really care.

So when she asked if I can come to the party I acted as if I got something very important to do.

I was waiting for her to plead to me but she did not instead she said okay, she will look for somebody to go with instead, or she will go alone.

I quickly changed my previous sentence as I told her I will be available, I will suspend whatever I was doing and go with her, she collected my number to call me.

She smile and thanked me before walking back inside.

I stood there pinching myself just to be sure that Amanda really spoke to me in a very good manner.

I went home excitedly, and even told Paul over the phone about the progress on Amanda.

On the main day, she called me and told me where to meet her and I dressed up and left.

We went to the party and after the party we did a little hang out and that was how our friendship kicked off.

We became very close, as I call her every second, she visits me and I fell deeply for her

I did not want to do anything stupid with her because of her father, going behind his back to date his daughter was not right. I will be disrespecting him and I will never want to do that.

I don’t want to do seek and hide love game with Amanda because of the relationship I already had with her father so I told the man one day of my clear and good intentions with his daughter.

He did not approve at first as he said we should take it slow by studying each other first and after a month if we still want to date is fine by him.

He also ask me if I can cope with Amanda’s trouble, knowing well she can be troublesome and I totally agreed that I can.

And after a month, the man gave us a go ahead and we officially started dating and Amanda was the best thing that ever happened to me.

Our fate met when we never expected it and she prove to me in many ways that she loved me as much as I do.

She is sometimes crazy and I already know her and understand her personality.

And after a year of dating, I proposed to her and she said yes.

A loud yes to me, I’m just the happiest man alive right now because we are getting married and I will become a son to her kind father who took me as one even before knowing me.

I’m happy as I looked forward to making Amanda my wife.

My story with Amanda is a short one, but it holds a deep lesson.

My foolishness and disappointment has landed me the woman I have always wanted.

Also read: on the lioness tail

THE END. (Please comment)

(1) (Reply)

/ Are U A Good Singer Or Producer? / What Is With Humans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.