Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,834 members, 7,806,347 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

I Am Sorry For The False Information I Spread On The Kidnapped - Garba Shehu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Sorry For The False Information I Spread On The Kidnapped - Garba Shehu (404 Views)

"Be Wary Of The False Messiah, Mr. Stingy, Peter Obi" - Tinubu / Adigun Ibadan Sacked By Seyi Makinde For Posting False Information / Clothes Spread On Rail At The Ministry Of Finance Building In Abuja (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Sorry For The False Information I Spread On The Kidnapped - Garba Shehu by Showbby28: 1:00pm On Dec 20, 2020
Mr. Garba Shehu, the Senior Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity, has apologised for spreading fake news on the number of students that were kidnapped at the Government Science School in Kankara, Katsina State, last week Friday.

PREMIUM TIMES reported how gunmen on December 11 invaded the public school and abducted over 300 students.

The kidnap incident triggered outrage on social media with many Nigerians calling on President Muhammadu Buhari to sack the military chiefs immediately.

While the Governor of Katsina State, Aminu Masari, confirmed that over 300 students were missing after the attack, Mr Shehu told BBC Hausa on December 14 that only 10 students were taken away by the gunmen.

Meanwhile, six days after their abduction, the 344 kidnapped students were freed and it became clear that Mr Shehu misinformed the public.

The students on Friday met with President Buhari in Katsina and some of them also shared their experiences while with the gunmen.

Following a backlash on social media, Mr Shehu took to Twitter on Friday evening to apologise for sharing unverified information despite being a top aide to Mr Buhari whose administration has repeatedly vowed to discipline purveyors of fake news.

“I apologize for the incorrect communication citing that only 10 students were kidnapped at the science school, Kankara. This communication of numbers was provided by persons that should ideally know. These numbers were seen to conflict with what was available at that time.”

“Please understand that this communication was in no way done to downplay the seriousness of the situation. Please accept my sincere apologies on this matter as we continue to move our great Nation Nigeria forward. Thank you”, he wrote on Twitter.

https://thenigeriadaily.com/2020/12/19/presidential-aide-garba-shehu-apologises-after-giving-false-information-on-kidnapped-katsina-schoolboys/

Re: I Am Sorry For The False Information I Spread On The Kidnapped - Garba Shehu by Naijaarchive(m): 1:01pm On Dec 20, 2020
angry
Re: I Am Sorry For The False Information I Spread On The Kidnapped - Garba Shehu by GMBuhari: 1:16pm On Dec 20, 2020
I wonder if people who attack other non apc members when they post wrong information have the zeal to attack this clown too

even if it's one student that was taken , does it make it ok ?

Garba and apc minions literally destroyed CNN and Arise staff for talking about lekki massacre, today , we already have been intimidated into keeping quiet, People died , maybe it's not 72 ( just like this clown said it's only to) but yes people died on that day

So let the attack dogs get unleashed on him too , he's done it to several people online
Re: I Am Sorry For The False Information I Spread On The Kidnapped - Garba Shehu by TwoBottles: 1:30pm On Dec 20, 2020
sad
Re: I Am Sorry For The False Information I Spread On The Kidnapped - Garba Shehu by Ecbatana: 1:36pm On Dec 20, 2020
sad
Re: I Am Sorry For The False Information I Spread On The Kidnapped - Garba Shehu by ifex370(m): 1:38pm On Dec 20, 2020
Thief wey dem no catch,

no go ever agree say em de thief.
Re: I Am Sorry For The False Information I Spread On The Kidnapped - Garba Shehu by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:44pm On Dec 20, 2020
How can Buhari know what's happening in Nigeria, when he's surrounded by people like Garba Shehu

What a national embarrassment undecided

If it were an opposition now, they would have said his statement helped turned Nigeria upside-down, bla bla bla...

They stay in one imaginary palace and just dish out whatever they like to the populace

Only a grassroots government can be factual and closer to the people, not all these window shopping politicians!!!
Re: I Am Sorry For The False Information I Spread On The Kidnapped - Garba Shehu by donbachi(m): 1:58pm On Dec 20, 2020
We don forgive u even bfore the false information..reason;cos u're working for govt dat was built on falsehood.
Re: I Am Sorry For The False Information I Spread On The Kidnapped - Garba Shehu by xpressionx(m): 2:21pm On Dec 20, 2020
You think you can compete with LAI IBN MOHAMMED? Oya Take it.

Re: I Am Sorry For The False Information I Spread On The Kidnapped - Garba Shehu by Azmanaty: 2:45pm On Dec 20, 2020
And why is the idiot writing in Hausa?? Is Hausa now the new official language for Nigeria??

(1) (Reply)

The NIN Misdemeanor / Breaking News: Ize-iyamu And His Deputy Disqualified / BREAKING!!! AGF Approves Probe Of International Oil Companies In Niger Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.