Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? (53719 Views)

It Seems Glo Has Even disconnected itself before the NIN Deadline / NIN Issues: I Never Registered For NIN.. How Do I Verify The NIN from *346#? / With The NIN Synchronisation In Place, What Happens To Number Recycling? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Eryyy92: 9:38pm On Dec 20, 2020
tknyskny:
login into ya gtb app click on the menu bar...u will see ya bvn and NIN there
it's not there
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Eryyy92: 9:40pm On Dec 20, 2020
tknyskny:
login into ya gtb app click on the menu bar...u will see ya bvn and NIN there
No options for BVN and nin

1 Like

Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by JesusJesus: 10:16pm On Dec 20, 2020
Nwaelohim:

Exactly my point, common sense should have told him that before he started a trend.
BOSS, you're u wicked oo
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Dec 20, 2020
Mine is that my NIN has errors from name to age to address and it's on the same number that i bank with how do i go about it
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by tknyskny(m): 11:05pm On Dec 20, 2020
Eryyy92:
No options for BVN and nin
see there is nin and bvn

2 Likes

Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Estrella366: 11:35pm On Dec 20, 2020
SEGLIZ:

that sim card you are using is recycled, it's very possible someone else has used it before.
my first even line got lost a few years ago, every effort to retrieve it was futile, mind you line is currently in use by someone somewhere I don't know.
I got the line before the authorities began compulsory sim registration And besides, when you go to Etisalat online portal to link the NIN, once you input your phone number, the system runs a check and bring up your name.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Estrella366: 11:51pm On Dec 20, 2020
Clonus:

Please how did you update the other sims, I need to do mine
dial *785# with the phone number you want to link and enter your NIN and then submit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Estrella366: 12:01am On Dec 21, 2020
tknyskny:
see there is nin and bvn
Did you do any prior update of your NIN on your GTBank account before this came up in your bank account particulars or what?

1 Like

Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by tknyskny(m): 12:30am On Dec 21, 2020
Estrella366:
Did you do any prior update of your NIN on your GTBank account before this came up in your bank account particulars or what?
nope just did my bvn and thats a very long time ago
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Comkash: 7:00am On Dec 21, 2020
Same with me, i went to NIMC registration office with the number and i saw my picture on the screen when they enter the number, they only update my information and print my slip

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by idris646(m): 7:04am On Dec 21, 2020
they must have used your bvn details
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Comkash: 7:05am On Dec 21, 2020
Kingsbridge:
Mine is that my NIN has errors from name to age to address and it's on the same number that i bank with how do i go about it
. Go their office they will tell you what to do . or make an affidavid , generate remita and pay certain amount to their account then return to their office for data updating

2 Likes

Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by kennyflames(m): 7:52am On Dec 21, 2020
grin
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by bigstan11787(m): 7:53am On Dec 21, 2020
Its the Lord's doing grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by HelpYourself(m): 7:54am On Dec 21, 2020
Estrella366:
I have done that already but I still have to wait for the NIMC website site to be up and running again for me to verify to be cocksure

That website has been down since May this year
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Michhy123(f): 7:55am On Dec 21, 2020
Same thing happened to my colleague
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Michhy123(f): 7:56am On Dec 21, 2020
After the number please what next ...and how do I link my other line
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by IamAsiri: 7:58am On Dec 21, 2020
JesusJesus:
The SIM card you have must have been used by someone previously
Maybe the person is dead. The SIM card was recycled and you purchased it. Simple

That's not true. The OP got his/her NIN because it was generated through his/her BVN by the NIMC people.

7 Likes

Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by fotadmowmend(m): 7:59am On Dec 21, 2020
We are in the same category. I guess d BVN theory is right
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Camelot65: 8:00am On Dec 21, 2020
Go to their office with the NIN, your information would be updated and a slip will be given to you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by spywavenoah(m): 8:00am On Dec 21, 2020
the line you are currently using, belongs to someone who has register for NIN with it before.
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Cutiekatty: 8:01am On Dec 21, 2020
Estrella366:
Hello Nairalander, I would like to know the circumstances that could make it possible for a person who is yet to visit any of the NIMC offices or outlets either online or offline for the purpose of registering for the NIN get the NIN?

I have never made any prior efforts to register for the NIN stuff, however out of curiosity I tried entering the NIMC's NIN registration verification code *346# via my Etisalat phone number and to my surprise the system returned a positive answer with an eleven digit NIN.

So what are the possible technical reasons for this?

Thanks for your suggested answers.

Update##
I tried to see if I could verify the number on the NIMC website and di scovered that the site is down with message reading indicating "FORBIDDEN "black black bla

Same here I just tried it on my Etisalat line too, got the same result without registration
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by leisuretym: 8:01am On Dec 21, 2020
Is this true?
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Camelot65: 8:01am On Dec 21, 2020
Michhy123:
After the number please what next ...and how do I link my other line
Which line?
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Hasino2258: 8:02am On Dec 21, 2020
Estrella366:
yes same number used for my bvn. When I tried my mtn number however the system returned negative I have already used the NIN the NIMC sent me thru the ussd query to update my two gsm sims and waiting for their verification messages(MTN and Etisalat)
I can help you to verify the nin number if his yours if his ok by you and for people that register and don't want to wait to get there nin due the crowd there I can help u verify ur nin and send the u the soft copies

2 Likes

Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Godbless3(m): 8:02am On Dec 21, 2020
Estrella366:
Hello Nairalander, I would like to know the circumstances that could make it possible for a person who is yet to visit any of the NIMC offices or outlets either online or offline for the purpose of registering for the NIN get the NIN?

I have never made any prior efforts to register for the NIN stuff, however out of curiosity I tried entering the NIMC's NIN registration verification code *346# via my Etisalat phone number and to my surprise the system returned a positive answer with an eleven digit NIN.

So what are the possible technical reasons for this?

Thanks for your suggested answers.

Update##
I tried to see if I could verify the number on the NIMC website and di scovered that the site is down with message reading indicating "FORBIDDEN "black black bla

You just waste your N20 credit because that was someone else sim before recycle. I hope the etisalat number doesn't end with 6201 and NIN start with 9968--6961
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Awoo88: 8:03am On Dec 21, 2020
JesusJesus:
Maybe the person is dead. The SIM card was recycled and you purchased it. Simple
Of maybe the network themselves are using customers data to generate NIN to prevent loss of revenue
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Camelot65: 8:04am On Dec 21, 2020
Cutiekatty:

Same here I just tried it on my Etisalat line too, got the same result without registration
Your BVN has been used to generate a NIN for you..

Now go to NIMC office with the NIN to update your information and a slip will be given to you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Naughtysex: 8:04am On Dec 21, 2020
Nwaelohim:

Exactly my point, common sense should have told him that before he started a trend.
common sense should have told you to read through people's comments before you spit out jargon

7 Likes

Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:04am On Dec 21, 2020
JesusJesus:

Stop writing nonsense.

Apart from the number remaining the same, everything else is deactivated from the sim

Either the issue is that he has used the number for voters card to Bvn or or previous government backed registration.

2 Likes

Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Odmic2839(m): 8:05am On Dec 21, 2020
How sure are you brother Sorry to question your comment just wanted to be sure.
thatigboman:
If you have done BVN, go to the bank you registered and ask for the printout of your BVN details. U will see your NIN there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Adolf Hitler’s Telephone Is Up For Auction (Photos) / Facebook, Whatsapp And Instagram Are Down Worldwide / Have You Seen This In Your Area? (PIC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.