Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,357 members, 7,780,970 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:35 AM

How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? (53341 Views)

It Seems Glo Has Even disconnected itself before the NIN Deadline / NIN Issues: I Never Registered For NIN.. How Do I Verify The NIN from *346#? / With The NIN Synchronisation In Place, What Happens To Number Recycling? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Grandmeister(m): 8:05am On Dec 21, 2020
Just entered 346 on my mtn line and saw my NIN, I never actively did any documentation for it prior. But I use GTBANK so I guess it explains it?
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Ferdinandu(m): 8:06am On Dec 21, 2020
Estrella366:
Hello Nairalander, I would like to know the circumstances that could make it possible for a person who is yet to visit any of the NIMC offices or outlets either online or offline for the purpose of registering for the NIN get the NIN?

I have never made any prior efforts to register for the NIN stuff, however out of curiosity I tried entering the NIMC's NIN registration verification code *346# via my Etisalat phone number and to my surprise the system returned a positive answer with an eleven digit NIN.

So what are the possible technical reasons for this?

Thanks for your suggested answers.

Update##
I tried to see if I could verify the number on the NIMC website and di scovered that the site is down with message reading indicating "FORBIDDEN "black black bla
The NIN number assigned to me is different from the number on the recent National ID card issued to me by NIMC, so I guess the NIN is different from that given by NIMC
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by ferking(m): 8:07am On Dec 21, 2020
You people should not worrying about the Sim linking because the government are not ready with the procedure, they were just pulling your legs

4 Likes

Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by zoghys: 8:07am On Dec 21, 2020
The Nin number you got is from registering for your BVN. Some banks while registering for your BVN also registered you for your Nin, but then you still have to go to the nearest nimc centre and formalize your registration. I actually had the same issue, but then it was resolved when I went to the centre for better understanding

2 Likes

Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by GMBuhari: 8:08am On Dec 21, 2020
they didn't arrest him because he bought buhari's daughters sim , they arrested him because he used the sim to commit fraud , he hired female hausa actors to speak hausa to callers pretending to be buhari's daughter's friends and they got money and gifts from unsuspecting victims

Ifewunmi03:
I guess this is one of the reasons why our Network line should be linked with our various NIN.

Our Network providers keep recycling lines whichh is not advisabl. For instance, who remember the case of Delta State businesman arrested by DSS for using sim that once belong president's daughter.

My challenge with our Nigerian system of government is that, both network providers and government won't make us of it.
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Cutiekatty: 8:08am On Dec 21, 2020
Camelot65:
Your BVN has been used to generate a NIN for you..

Now go to NIMC office with the NIN to update your information and a slip will be given to you
Thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by pstneme(m): 8:08am On Dec 21, 2020
JesusJesus:
BOSS, you're u wicked oo

I don't understand why some people can be unnecessarily hash and unreasonable. carrying anger and spreading contentious spirit.
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Emeka71(m): 8:09am On Dec 21, 2020
@Estrella366 ; just go and confirm your NIN from NIMC office.
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 21, 2020
Estrella366:
never
..what do you mean by never? you don't have answer to that question because you don't know whether the SIM has bin recycled or not.... so dont say never
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by jhydebaba(m): 8:11am On Dec 21, 2020
beejaay:

If you get a NIN using the short code then it means ur BVN data have been used to generate nin for you.. However you will still need to visit nimc office to activate the NIN for usage, the NIN u got from the short code is not yet active, synchronization of data and biometrics is still needed to activate it

I doubt if this is true. I didn't visit no where. I used ussd to get my NIN and linked it to my line right here in my home.

Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by baggioni: 8:12am On Dec 21, 2020
JesusJesus:
The SIM card you have must have been used by someone previously
Maybe the person is dead. The SIM card was recycled and you purchased it. Simple
This is it. Simple
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by wiloy2k8(m): 8:12am On Dec 21, 2020
I just checked now and i have a NIN number ... used this number since 1999... i have never tried registering for a National id card
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Jamieb(m): 8:13am On Dec 21, 2020
Estrella366:
Hello Nairalander, I would like to know the circumstances that could make it possible for a person who is yet to visit any of the NIMC offices or outlets either online or offline for the purpose of registering for the NIN get the NIN?

I have never made any prior efforts to register for the NIN stuff, however out of curiosity I tried entering the NIMC's NIN registration verification code *346# via my Etisalat phone number and to my surprise the system returned a positive answer with an eleven digit NIN.

Update##
I tried to see if I could verify the number on the NIMC website and di scovered that the site is down with message reading indicating "FORBIDDEN "black black bla

You got the NIN cos your BVN which starts with 221..... has been harmonized and linked to NIMC . All BVNs that begin with 221... have been assigned with NIN and that's what you would be registered with when you want to enrol .
I hope this helps
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by thatigboman: 8:14am On Dec 21, 2020
Odmic2839:
How sure are you brother Sorry to question your comment just wanted to be sure.
i did same. Gtbank. That's where i saw my NIN
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by iphunanya(f): 8:14am On Dec 21, 2020
Ferdinandu:

The NIN number assigned to me is different from the number on the recent National ID card issued to me by NIMC, so I guess the NIN is different from that given by NIMC

There is no NIN on the National ID card issued out. The NIN can only be found on the slip. Do check the slip to confirm if the NIN you have corresponds with the one on the slip.

2 Likes

Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 21, 2020
SolexxBarry:
Does your BVN start with 221 ? People that their bvn starts with 221 has NIN automatically

my bvn is 221 and i don't have nin
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Hasino2258: 8:15am On Dec 21, 2020
Most people have nin without them knowing what nimc does they go to various banks and collect customers bvn details integrate it together to generate nin for individuals so is advisable to dial that code before going to any nimc center to register I can verify ur nins via ur phone numbers and send u the soft copy
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by sojfarm: 8:15am On Dec 21, 2020
Take the right steps now before they come for you for the crime you never committed.

Dont be deceived, SOCIAL MEDIA REGULATIONS HAVE REALLY STARTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Sheggy13(m): 8:16am On Dec 21, 2020
Estrella366:
I have done that already but I still have to wait for the NIMC website site to be up and running again for me to verify to be cocksure
Like others said, you got the NIN automatically through your BVN registration. To verify, you can use this website: https://checkmypeople.com/nin-verify/
It's linked with NIMC, but they'll charge you 300 naira payable through Paystack (Using bank transfer, USSD or card). Your details will come out with your picture, which you can print out( advisable to you use Chrome browser if you're doing this on phone) or send to your email. It's safe and easy.
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Checked86: 8:16am On Dec 21, 2020
Estrella366:
yes same number used for my bvn. When I tried my mtn number however the system returned negative I have already used the NIN the NIMC sent me thru the ussd query to update my two gsm sims and waiting for their verification messages(MTN and Etisalat)
Is not better you call your account officer to check for you the details on the NIN. It could be somebody else
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by DD2019: 8:17am On Dec 21, 2020
Estrella366:
never

The NIN is tied to your BVN. Whatever biometrics required were from your BVN registration. I did same with just BVN and my data and details all came and I now have the NIMC slip.
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by ceejayluv(m): 8:17am On Dec 21, 2020
Nwaelohim:

Exactly my point, common sense should have told him that before he started a trend.
That's not entirely true. I saw a NIN number when I checked and I never registered. I've been using the number since 2003, main line.
I checked online and saw a site where one can check Nimc profile for a cost of 300 naira. I paid and the picture I saw there was the same one I used in BVN registration.

4 Likes

Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by daddytime(m): 8:19am On Dec 21, 2020
wiloy2k8:
I just checked now and i have a NIN number ... used this number since 1999... i have never tried registering for a National id card

You use the number before OBJ become President sef not to talkof before GSM enter Nigeria abi na landline number?

5 Likes

Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by thatigboman: 8:20am On Dec 21, 2020
Ferdinandu:

NIN is not written on the permanent national ID card, but it's on the temporary one

1 Like

Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by IYANGBALI: 8:22am On Dec 21, 2020
SolexxBarry:
Does your BVN start with 221 ? People that their bvn starts with 221 has NIN automatically
my BBN starts with 221, what do I do to check my NIN? Thanks!
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by harjay1986: 8:22am On Dec 21, 2020
Estrella366:

Update##

ookay do you have a GTB Acct, if yes naa dem open it for you, because naa so mee to see,am
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by frozen70(f): 8:22am On Dec 21, 2020
Estrella366:

Update##

Fed govt ordered every one with BVN to registered with NIN even if you have captured or not, that's the circumstances of what you have experienced

All you need to do is to go to NIMC office to complete your processing but with same NIN your have as the numbers are not given twice

1 Like

Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by thatigboman: 8:25am On Dec 21, 2020
Drabeey:

my bvn is 221 and i don't have nin
check your bvn details in your bank, you may have
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by iLegendd(m): 8:25am On Dec 21, 2020
tknyskny:
see there is nin and bvn

Thanks for this info. Just saw mine on my GTB. I couldn't see it on the app, but saw it when I logged in via browser.
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Clonus: 8:25am On Dec 21, 2020
Estrella366:
dial *785# with the phone number you want to link and enter your NIN and then submit.
Thanks a lot. Is the code the same across all networks?
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by Destinylink(m): 8:27am On Dec 21, 2020
Estrella366:
yes same number used for my bvn. When I tried my mtn number however the system returned negative I have already used the NIN the NIMC sent me thru the ussd query to update my two gsm sims and waiting for their verification messages(MTN and Etisalat)

Pls how did you updated your two SIM with the NIN?
Re: How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? by donbrowser(m): 8:32am On Dec 21, 2020
Estrella366:
I have done that already but I still have to wait for the NIMC website site to be up and running again for me to verify to be cocksure

Everyone already has NIN allocated to them through BVN. The registration is just to update your records. I got to know this when I went to their office for my NIN and I guess you have registered online just that you haven't done thumbprint yet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) / Plz Help Me.how Do I Subscribe To A Bb Plan On A New Tecno N7 / How To Stop Airtel Payg..??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.