Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,882 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:21 AM

Sponsoring A Lady or Man To A Western Country - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sponsoring A Lady or Man To A Western Country (879 Views)

Man To End Marriage Of 16 Years With His Wife After Discovering Her Real Age / "My Wife’s Beauty Makes Me Sleepless, I Want A Divorce" - Zimbabwea Man To Judge / My Husband Allows Another Man To Make Love To Me,”.... Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sponsoring A Lady or Man To A Western Country by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 20, 2020
Guys, is sponsoring a Nigerian woman to a western country through marriage in the same category as paying her school fees because you are dating her? Would you do this? What if you guys have been dating for several years before you travel to the western country? Would you reconsider because of this?

Ladies, would you sponsor a guy from Nigeria to a western country through marriage? Are you more disposed to doing this if you guys had been dating for several years in Nigeria before you travel?
Re: Sponsoring A Lady or Man To A Western Country by LawLord247: 4:40pm On Dec 20, 2020
Yeah
Re: Sponsoring A Lady or Man To A Western Country by Pierocash(m): 5:01pm On Dec 20, 2020
So with all that is happening there, how Nigerian women that were taken there turn against their husbands and render them pennyless by taking all he laboured for,upon all that,you are still considering taking a woman there.

OK nah, I don't have strength to be typing "rest in peace".

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sponsoring A Lady or Man To A Western Country by JovialJune(f): 5:38pm On Dec 20, 2020
Pierocash:
So with all that is happening there, how Nigerian women that were taken there turn against their husbands and render them pennyless by taking all he laboured for,upon all that,you are still considering taking a woman there.

There are also cases of men leaving ladies that brought them over, these ladies nurse their heartbreak and moved on, cos such is life, but no, you males must cry and cry when it is a woman, una no dey tire?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sponsoring A Lady or Man To A Western Country by crackhaus: 6:06pm On Dec 20, 2020
binghammer:
Guys, is sponsoring a Nigerian woman to a western country through marriage in the same category as paying her school fees because you are dating her? Would you do this? What if you guys have been dating for several years before you travel to the western country? Would you reconsider because of this?
Then she should have been working on relocating as well while both of you were dating all those years, just as you were working on yours.

Personally, this is how I separate an opportunist from a serious woman.

Why would she just sit around, she nor even get international passport, never paid any visa processing fees, or made any financial moves personally to show she is interested in traveling... then all of a sudden, once you relocate successfully, she will now expect you to bring her over through marriage? That's nuts...

Na this kain woman go divorce you after ten years in obodo oyibo.

7 Likes

Re: Sponsoring A Lady or Man To A Western Country by wisdomiskey(m): 6:14pm On Dec 20, 2020
JovialJune:

There are also cases of men leaving ladies that brought them over, these ladies nurse their heartbreak and moved on, cos such is life, but no, you males must cry and cry when it is a woman, una no dey tire?

Every post I see from you is either based on baseless assumptions or just outright lies!

In what universe do Nigerian women take men abroad? cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Sponsoring A Lady or Man To A Western Country by crackhaus: 6:19pm On Dec 20, 2020
wisdomiskey:

Every post I see from you is either based on baseless assumptions or just outright lies!

The matter sef off me...

7 Likes

Re: Sponsoring A Lady or Man To A Western Country by wisdomiskey(m): 6:22pm On Dec 20, 2020
crackhaus:

The matter sef off me...

I just tire - as if she hasn't embarrassed herself enough on this forum sad

8 Likes

Re: Sponsoring A Lady or Man To A Western Country by JovialJune(f): 6:41pm On Dec 20, 2020
wisdomiskey:

Same as you who baselessly assume Nigerian women dont take men abroad

All this nl male just keep dishing out ignorance with pride

In planet earth dude, maybe the universe you are in is beneath the earth that's why you know nothing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sponsoring A Lady or Man To A Western Country by JovialJune(f): 6:43pm On Dec 20, 2020
wisdomiskey:

I just tire - as if she hasn't embarrassed herself enough on this forum sad

Continue stalking me and my comments, you will be fine.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sponsoring A Lady or Man To A Western Country by Chiquitq(f): 6:53pm On Dec 20, 2020
Each circumstance is unique. It's not the wisest thing to do but as some have taken the risk and it turned out well, others took the risk and still regret it.

There is no hard and fast rule about this issue.
Re: Sponsoring A Lady or Man To A Western Country by Veryfoolishboy: 7:08pm On Dec 20, 2020
Different men with different courage. I'd rather support myself

1 Like

Re: Sponsoring A Lady or Man To A Western Country by majemuoluwa28869: 10:31pm On Dec 20, 2020
:I just tire - as if she hasn't embarrassed herself enough on this forum Continue stalking me and my comments, you will be fine.
Re: Sponsoring A Lady or Man To A Western Country by Alexgeneration(m): 10:55pm On Dec 20, 2020
You didn't see your sisters or brothers to take abroad, it's one girl like that in the guise of girlfriend or wife.

Only a foolish man does that in this day and age.

6 Likes

Re: Sponsoring A Lady or Man To A Western Country by cooooooks(m): 11:54am On Dec 21, 2020
I wouldn't pay school fees.

I would sponsor her but not with the idea that by fire by force we will be together forever.

Ideally, she will come and be independent. If our relationship continues to wax strong, awesome, if not, move on.

2 Likes

Re: Sponsoring A Lady or Man To A Western Country by Dijita: 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2020
Pierocash:

That is not our story. majority of us are living happily here after. What you are talking about is just the story of less than 1% of Nigerians in diaspora
Re: Sponsoring A Lady or Man To A Western Country by Smile4mee01: 12:29pm On Dec 21, 2020
To be sincere this should not even be a conversation.
As a Nigerian in Diaspora, I marvel at how women especially think is a big deal that they are sponsoring a spouse to get papers.

When they do, they rub it in your face all the days of your life that they helped you get papers.

This is why many Nigerians look away from marry thier fellow Nigerians abroad.

Asians, Indians do these to help thier community grow yet our 9ja sisters.

They should hold their paper, other african ladies or whites like us the way we are.

1 Like

Re: Sponsoring A Lady or Man To A Western Country by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 21, 2020
binghammer:

Ladies, would you sponsor a guy from Nigeria to a western country through marriage? Are you more disposed to doing this if you guys had been dating for several years in Nigeria before you travel?

Don't sponsor a woman to any Western country. I've seen and unseen things. If you want to relocate to a Western country, marry home-based and make sure you get her with child before you go. Be regular and responsible in sending upkeep and sustenance to your family until you're ready to come back, but under no circumstances should you carry her there.

5 Likes

Re: Sponsoring A Lady or Man To A Western Country by Nobody: 1:33am On Dec 23, 2020
no, i wouldn't
Re: Sponsoring A Lady or Man To A Western Country by cooooooks(m): 3:00pm On Dec 28, 2020
Not true.

There are many women who are sensible and are marrying sensible men.

Smile4mee01:
To be sincere this should not even be a conversation.
As a Nigerian in Diaspora, I marvel at how women especially think is a big deal that they are sponsoring a spouse to get papers.

When they do, they rub it in your face all the days of your life that they helped you get papers.

This is why many Nigerians look away from marry thier fellow Nigerians abroad.

Asians, Indians do these to help thier community grow yet our 9ja sisters.

They should hold their paper, other african ladies or whites like us the way we are.
Re: Sponsoring A Lady or Man To A Western Country by Mindlog: 3:11pm On Dec 28, 2020
Should it be debated?.....Why not save everyone the stress and marry someone in the host country if scared of the person back home in Nigeria.
Re: Sponsoring A Lady or Man To A Western Country by BlessedNuel: 3:26pm On Dec 28, 2020
Dx matter get weight....make I chop first...I will be right back
Re: Sponsoring A Lady or Man To A Western Country by Mariangeles(f): 7:27pm On Dec 28, 2020
I've never seen an issue more confusing for Nairaland men than this... cheesy
Same damn topic every damn time!

This certainly won't be the last...more threads coming up.

1 Like

Re: Sponsoring A Lady or Man To A Western Country by Mariangeles(f): 7:28pm On Dec 28, 2020
BlessedNuel:
Dx matter get weight....make I chop first...I will be right back

Dede Go chop! You go need am.
Re: Sponsoring A Lady or Man To A Western Country by bukatyne(f): 8:42pm On Dec 28, 2020
binghammer:

Peeps around me interested in relocating abroad do so with the whole family.

They mostly use the wife because she is naturally younger hence more advantaged.

Some others (when the husband has a fantastic job) send their wife and kids abroad while they keep working in Nigeria with the aim to join them upon retirement or at a set time.

I know a couple where either wife/husband get papers, they marry immediately and travel out.

I honestly don't see this fear of wives turning in them.

I would however state that:
1. They were all married for some years;
2. They had a solid relationship before the papers came through (for singles)

Nobody came to Nigeria to find a spouse nor did they just 'pick' or 'sponsor' someone off the rack.

(1) (Reply)

My Parents Sent Me Away When I Was Seven / Morison Season's Cash Giveaway Promo Is Here!!! / Should I Complete My Father's House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.