Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,378 members, 7,800,760 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Pictures Only People Who Attended Primary School In Nigeria Will Understand - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pictures Only People Who Attended Primary School In Nigeria Will Understand (71341 Views)

Bida Poly Lecturer Lecturing One Student Who Attended His Class (Photo) / The School Attended By Success, The Warri Girl Sent Home Over Fees / Pictures Only People Who Attend Obafemi Awolowo University Will Relate To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Only People Who Attended Primary School In Nigeria Will Understand by NobleRace: 12:56am On Dec 22, 2020
bluefilm:
Who still remembers Konky and Tinker?

Macmillan books.

Simbi and the rest.
Re: Pictures Only People Who Attended Primary School In Nigeria Will Understand by mechanics(m): 12:59am On Dec 22, 2020
Hahhaha, I wore that type of socks.
Re: Pictures Only People Who Attended Primary School In Nigeria Will Understand by NobleRace: 1:01am On Dec 22, 2020
FuckThaMod:

If that's the case then lantern quantitative reasoning shouldn't be there too..

Yes now. In our days, it's maths sums. We use to call it early morning tea.
Re: Pictures Only People Who Attended Primary School In Nigeria Will Understand by NobleRace: 1:07am On Dec 22, 2020
DeOTR:
Who knows anything about Konki and Tinka here?

Those were early 80s. MacMillan Books. Including Adio Family.
Re: Pictures Only People Who Attended Primary School In Nigeria Will Understand by sucess001(m): 2:14am On Dec 22, 2020
Diffpussies:
9; These Exercise Books

It was very famous all students have it in class then, I don't know if student of today still make use of it

We used to wrap it in newspapers so it won't get old

1 Like

Re: Pictures Only People Who Attended Primary School In Nigeria Will Understand by Olamilec(m): 2:22am On Dec 22, 2020
We relate too much, memories... �
Re: Pictures Only People Who Attended Primary School In Nigeria Will Understand by vioment: 2:57am On Dec 22, 2020
Diffpussies:
9; These Exercise Books

It was very famous all students have it in class then, I don't know if student of today still make use of it

When you see onward, you know say water dun pass garri. O set ti go.
Na so I dey use decode who serious. Play play people onward dey empty.

Olympics na carry everywhere.
Re: Pictures Only People Who Attended Primary School In Nigeria Will Understand by FBS: 2:58am On Dec 22, 2020
Memories. cheesy
Re: Pictures Only People Who Attended Primary School In Nigeria Will Understand by YourBestWriter: 3:47am On Dec 22, 2020
You mentioned all of these, and you forgot to mention Macmillan textbook primary one to six.

I can remember a few of the book's main characters: Edet (primary 3), Agbo (primary 4) Ali and simbi (primary 1 and 2), Omo (primary 5). Not to forget the story of a boy that played dead not to be eaten by wild pig. Lovely stories; I loved Edet's stories because of the adventures.

That book really helped my English.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Only People Who Attended Primary School In Nigeria Will Understand by Bosch10(m): 4:01am On Dec 22, 2020
CalliDora1:

It wasn't called "pick pin" during our time. It was called "stool down".
it's true .

1 Like

Re: Pictures Only People Who Attended Primary School In Nigeria Will Understand by Bosch10(m): 4:04am On Dec 22, 2020
YourBestWriter:
You mentioned all of these, and you forgot to mention Macmillan textbook primary one to six.

I can remember a few of the book's main characters: Edet (primary 3), Agbo (primary 4) Ali and simbi (primary 1 and 2), Omo (primary 5). Not to forget the story of a boy that played dead not to be eaten by wild pig. Lovely stories; I loved Edet's stories because of the adventures.

his friend climbed the tree and was surprised his friend did not die after the pig grunted in his ear.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Only People Who Attended Primary School In Nigeria Will Understand by ceaser: 4:07am On Dec 22, 2020
LimAnc:

Na me be class rep that year. Everybody just automatically become my friend, come see bribery ��( everyone would share their biscuits and Sweets with you in other to avoid the dreaded list)

Hmmm. E don tey wey you don key into corruption. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pictures Only People Who Attended Primary School In Nigeria Will Understand by Bosch10(m): 4:08am On Dec 22, 2020
CalliDora1:

This is gbogbo ile "cleaner'grin.. it served everyone in the class back then.
that's not the cleaner we used in my primary Skul days.do you remember the cleaners that they will draw pictures on

1 Like

Re: Pictures Only People Who Attended Primary School In Nigeria Will Understand by wizdooarchy3(m): 4:11am On Dec 22, 2020
U 4get to add Water-can and Akara😁😀( during break period your friends will gather around you like one kind celebrity )
Re: Pictures Only People Who Attended Primary School In Nigeria Will Understand by Coinbased: 4:12am On Dec 22, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Pictures Only People Who Attended Primary School In Nigeria Will Understand by CandidNotes: 4:26am On Dec 22, 2020
"You can also CALLED it"? Did you do tenses in school?

Diffpussies:
3; P.E uniform

Back then in primary school hope you remember?. You can also called it sport uniform we have many colors white house, blue, green, pick, red house. In my primary school days I was in the green house back then if you forgot to put on your P.E uniform when coming to school you receive punishment for that

1 Like

Re: Pictures Only People Who Attended Primary School In Nigeria Will Understand by RSVP: 4:37am On Dec 22, 2020
There was one English textbook like that.
The only thing I could remember out of it is one story about "Constable Adigun". He caught some arm robbers blah blah blah.

I so much like the story that it look so real to me back them and I don't know the meaning of "Constable" nor do o know the meaning of " Arm Robbers" as used in the textbook bit I know the ( 3 or 4) arm robbers had golds, valuables and money. It was like they were carrying a TV and some stuffs the way they drew them so I thought they must be phucking rich!

So fastward to 3 days after... Our class teacher (she will be the one to t3ach all the subject and she normally had her desk right at the corner in front of the class) asked us to stand one after the other and tell her what we want to become in future.. Nah so everybody dey mention lawyer, Doctor etc. Meanwhile I like to dey do my own thing differently as them don mention everything finish nah so one silly thought came to my head and I mentioned Arm Robber. smiley

I was really ashamed that day cuz my class teach asked me more than 5 times and I kept saying Arm Robber.. It was only she and one Ajebo guy that really know meaning of "Arm Robber" in that class lol . That was the day i know the meaning of "Constable" and "Arm Robber" . I go just dey laugh myself each time K think about those days.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Only People Who Attended Primary School In Nigeria Will Understand by jacoik(m): 4:37am On Dec 22, 2020
adonni:
Pick pin dey learn for where 'sit on the air' dey.
sit on the air? like witch or Wizard? I have not heard that before
Re: Pictures Only People Who Attended Primary School In Nigeria Will Understand by prciouschika(f): 5:24am On Dec 22, 2020
martinz1:
Ede times ede grin
I shall ede grin

1 Like

Re: Pictures Only People Who Attended Primary School In Nigeria Will Understand by JaneYave(f): 5:26am On Dec 22, 2020
7, 9 and 10 . That socks na for rich children that year ooo, it's still in d market but scarce but that onward exercise book, l have never seen any compared to it..I still remember how my childish good hand writing looked on it. The bell always got us shounting and running out to play or go home..will never be familiar with all these fire alarm these days.TRUE BUT SAD, OUR OLD WAY GAVE CHILDREN BETTER MEMORIES.
Re: Pictures Only People Who Attended Primary School In Nigeria Will Understand by JaneYave(f): 5:29am On Dec 22, 2020
YourBestWriter:

. You learn how to read very fast so you could read the interesting passages, all written in simple but stylish English.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Only People Who Attended Primary School In Nigeria Will Understand by Munzy14(m): 5:57am On Dec 22, 2020
Diffpussies:
1; Names of Noise Maker undecided

was a very shy and silent student in my class back then I don't talk much and just make few friends. But no matter how silent you are or mute at times my name do fall in the noisemaker list lol. We always scared of our name in that list because you know what it means
grin grin
I made this list back to back...prefect then get one babe he like, so i deh follow the babe reason well, so the foolish boy will always put X5 for my name...because of woman...

1 Like

Re: Pictures Only People Who Attended Primary School In Nigeria Will Understand by Munzy14(m): 6:00am On Dec 22, 2020
Diffpussies:
5; Quantitative Reasoning

Many students in primary school back then hate this subject lol. Hope you remember the quantitative reasoning every day home work with unnecessary questions. This days if I see my cousins with quantities reasoning I just hide my face lol.
Quantitative and Verbal reasoning...cheesy

I prefer verbal then.
Re: Pictures Only People Who Attended Primary School In Nigeria Will Understand by Munzy14(m): 6:03am On Dec 22, 2020
adonni:
Pick pin dey learn for where 'sit on the air' dey.

Re: Pictures Only People Who Attended Primary School In Nigeria Will Understand by jidxin(m): 6:21am On Dec 22, 2020
Diffpussies:
7; The Fashion Of This Socks

These socks was very popular. if you school in Nigeria in you primary days and didn't use these Socks that means you never schooled here lol. Among all the socks in the world students go for these it was called the ceremonial socks back then in primary school.
computer socks
Re: Pictures Only People Who Attended Primary School In Nigeria Will Understand by Demurray: 6:52am On Dec 22, 2020
ceeceeco:
I can vividly remember some textbooks during my primary school days, especially primary 4 & 5. Books like: Mastering English by M.O Odiaka. Then we have Nation wide common entrance examination by Ugo C. Ugo. Then we have Verbal Aptitude, & Quantitative Reasoning.
do you remember the nook written by Taiwo Taiwo? What of Ileasanmi writing method
Re: Pictures Only People Who Attended Primary School In Nigeria Will Understand by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 22, 2020
Diffpussies:
8; Flute

Every child dream is to have one of these in school playing flute was fun

..It was called "recorder" then
Re: Pictures Only People Who Attended Primary School In Nigeria Will Understand by Goodness34: 7:09am On Dec 22, 2020
Emyogalanya:
What happened ? Did you give or collect belle and then stop school ?
no money to go on
Re: Pictures Only People Who Attended Primary School In Nigeria Will Understand by LostMyZeal(m): 7:16am On Dec 22, 2020
I can totally relate to most of these things
Especially those exercise books

Mehnn....Nigeria has really gone down below

Good old days I stan
Re: Pictures Only People Who Attended Primary School In Nigeria Will Understand by Demurray: 7:16am On Dec 22, 2020
Who remember EMOKAPE Exercise book? That low quality yellow leafy exercise book.

APEX Exercise book, the best exercise that ONWARD used to compete with back then

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

University Of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) Aspirants / Nitda Scholarship Scheme Exams / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Builds A School In Ogun & It's Tuition-Free (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.