Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Should I Bring Her Over To The US? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Bring Her Over To The US? (40920 Views)

Is It OK For My Sister To Bring Her 10yrs+ BF To Borrow Money From My Father / How Can She Bring Her Husband Back Home? / "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by Yougrt: 1:06pm On Dec 23, 2020
hartson:
Go.and sit down.Many Nigeria Men that took same decision regretted bringing their spouse over.Recently, A Doctor killed his wife and committed suicide cos he could no longer bear the excesses.of his Nigerian wife.
When she have her way there she will capitalize on the existing law that favours women to torment the man.
To you OP,better run for your dear life.
Women are the reason why life is not balance.
Bro pay up the debt.. since October 14, fear God now. I waited close to 3 months. Most of my messages are not replied. Why? You have time for sure. Remember I'm patient enough

1 Like

Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by Crunchyg2: 1:08pm On Dec 23, 2020
notok:

That only happens in Africa . When it's it's time to pay bills women will remember that the man is the head , I hope she'll also be submissive and not start asking for equality when they get over there.
My simple question to you is " is the man the head of family" if your answer is yes, then the man should stop whining and do what a head is expected to do without complaining
Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by toye440: 1:08pm On Dec 23, 2020
cooooooks:
Open a dictionary and learn the meaning of the word most.

Lol, that i know before u wre born. As I type this my Encarta English Dictionary is opened.
And next time u intend to correct me, make sure u r perfect.
Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by jaxxy(m): 1:11pm On Dec 23, 2020
ImaIma1:

You think loving a Nigerian guy isn't as bad or even worse. If we keep playing this cat and mouse and blame games, we will all lose. Guys are ao quick to shout "Nigerian girls" and girls shout "Nigerian guys".

Is taking someone on dates and buying gifts a true test of love? So if my husband doesn't buy me a gift on my birthday and someone else does, it means the person loves me more?

Helping someone achieve their dreams is a greater test of love. If it is something you are capable of and cannot do it for the one you claim to love, that love is questionable. Women are making sacrifices daily to to help their men. It's not a guy thing

How do you know his history to know that she doesn't love him?

We all know guys do more for gals than the gals do for the guys. Test of love is giving and he has given. He doesn’t need to sacrifice himself on an alter to prove anything more atleast not until she has reciprocated the “little” as u put it he has done.

This self entitlement shit is really getting out of hand. I helped change a gals life and yet when the relationship when south I moved on no stress. Guess what she did little or nothing except show up for dates and events I still pay fully for. I don’t want to delve in the level of selfishness a gal u date can show intentionally or unintentionally cos I just do my thing and let u do urs. I have I no regrets bt then it’s what’s sm guys will cry about and hate ladies for. Love is a 2 way street like communication.

I want to know what she’s actually done for him to deserve this level of sacrifice. U don’t give diamonds to a pig they will abuse it and It will end in tears.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by cooooooks(m): 1:11pm On Dec 23, 2020
I will try to be "a perfect" next time Chief.

toye440:
Lol, that i know before u wre born. As I type this my Encarta English Dictionary is opened.
And next time u intend to correct me, make sure u r [b]a perfec[/b]t.
Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by SamNaijaboy: 1:12pm On Dec 23, 2020
I still stand with my assertion that the Nigerian-made prenup is at greater risk to be invalidated than one made in the same US state.
States guard jealously their jurisdictional rights. It will be considered and taken as legal. I never said it would be considered illegal. I'm just saying there is greater chance it will not survive the judge's scrutiny, if she has a sharp lawyer that helps her find something wrong with it. Then you are going to be spending money on appellate courts. And some of those appellate courts will deny you out flat.

Actually better to leave her butt in Nigeria where she is if she can't get to America by herself.

EgunMogaji2:

This is actually not true.

Any official and legal document from Nigeria is valid in the USA at least.

Marriage licenses are valid, prenuptial agreements are valid. As long as it meets the USA conditions for equity. She will need her own lawyer to review it with her to remove any ambiguity and fairness. You can’t ask for what’s illegal or unfair.

I know all these personally and has been tested.

Thanks.
Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by Idonije8(m): 1:15pm On Dec 23, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Which further confirms what we say when we talk about Nigerian men feeling inferior to white girls. Una go open eye for una women but when una see white girls una go turn houseboys. Like the time one of my colleagues who is dating an African was telling me how he is wonderful and "does all the house chores". If you see the babe sef......
I prefer to do house boy for a white sweet wonderful woman than a Nigeria lady who thinks money is everything the only thing that will make a Nigeria girl love. Is when it involves transaction relationship!! Nigerian women are annoying.. white women are sweet so leave us to do house boy for them!! grin grin grin Nor be me and Nigeria lazy women!! Dating a Nigeria lady is same thing as taking care of an orphan tongue
Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by SamNaijaboy: 1:16pm On Dec 23, 2020
Chair, I still stand with my assertion that the Nigerian-made prenup is at greater risk to be invalidated than one made in the same US state.
States guard jealously their jurisdictional rights. It will be considered and taken as legal. I never said it would be considered illegal. I'm just saying there is greater chance it will not survive the judge's scrutiny, if she has a sharp lawyer that helps her find something wrong with it. Then you are going to be spending money on appellate courts. And some of those appellate courts will deny you out flat. In my brother's case, they didn't even take the case grin

Actually better to leave her butt in Nigeria where she is if she can't get to America by herself.
Those are good promises you made to yourself OP. Wish we had made those earlier too.

thecommunist:
a quick research will enlighten you my friend.
there is something called international prenuptial agreement that can even be drafted by international lawyers that are expert in that field . it would hold in any US court.
also know that there is international enforcement of prenuptial agreement if the parties involved can prove that it was freely entered into.
Besides, if you had taken time to read what i wrote you would now that i didn't say that they should get married in Nigeria.
as 'informed as you are trying to let us believe you are, you should know that it goes without saying that the prenup agreement and the wedding may be in the US that is after assisting her get into the US by other legal means. we are not exactly ignorant..thank you.
Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by toye440: 1:21pm On Dec 23, 2020
cooooooks:
I will try to be "a perfect" next time Chief.

Thanks for ur observation, now i know i hv 3 buttons that are not working on my keyboard.
Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by SamNaijaboy: 1:27pm On Dec 23, 2020
Not everyone wants to be disrespected and not everyone wants to be insulted after spending their own money.
It actually rankles more when you have someone you helped up turn on you like that. Better she find her way herself

Chii59:
Op, since Nigerian women living in Nigeria are full of crap, why dont your excellency find someone else, someone who won't disrespectful your oh so precious self and won't squander your hard earned money?
Afterall this lady is far beneath your loftiness. Set her free, let her find someone of her level and rank to date, before she turn to "evening newspaper".
Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by SamNaijaboy: 1:43pm On Dec 23, 2020
Na so. Then he won't be the head once she arrives there. Then it will "equality"

Crunchyg2:

My simple question to you is " is the man the head of family" if your answer is yes, then the man should stop whining and do what a head is expected to do without complaining
Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by Crunchyg2: 1:48pm On Dec 23, 2020
SamNaijaboy:
Na so. Then he won't be the head once she arrives there. Then it will "equality"

The way you start with a woman that's the way you end with her. If you show her you are her head from beginning, she will always know that you are her head, no room for power dragging. Be a man and not a sissy
Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by stonecoldcafe: 1:52pm On Dec 23, 2020
canttedra:
The recent topic on the home page motivated me to make this post, insisting that this is the only viable option.

Who will pay her Visa fee, flight fee, student application fee, school fees, book fee, accommodation fee et al
Has she worked enough to be able to do this or are her parents financially capable?

You are subjecting her to a lot of hardship if she has no intention of being a student now or has no money to further this quest. If you had genuine paper to be in the US, the normal thing is to marry and file for her. You will not be the 1st or last man to do this.

Alas, you don't want to do this due to your principle. Why not let her go while you carry on with your life. Try marry good girl for America oh when u nor go file paper for, rent house for or pay school fees for. Nothing do you. For this life, we all have conviction and choice

3 Likes

Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by SamNaijaboy: 1:59pm On Dec 23, 2020
So the men that their wives "changed" were not the head to start? Why do they call it "change" then

Crunchyg2:

The way you start with a woman that's the way you end with her. If you show her you are her head from beginning, she will always know that you are her head, no room for power dragging. Be a man and not a sissy
Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by Crunchyg2: 2:02pm On Dec 23, 2020
SamNaijaboy:
So the men that their wives "changed" were not the head to start? Why do they call it "change" then

That is why I said be a man and not a sissy, men instill that into their women, so no room for change. Women only change for sissy men. So choose the one you want to be
Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by nonut: 2:10pm On Dec 23, 2020
Chrisbella24:

95% of men cheat? And are wife beaters?
Well, if your father, husband or brothers cheat, then I agree with you completely.
I already know my sister and my female cousin's entitlement mentality.
Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 23, 2020
Crunchyg2:

The head decides what to do , not the woman
Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 23, 2020
cooooooks:
It is 1 thing to have suitors, it is another thing to have suitors with which there is a mutual desire to be together.

Well every suitor is a prospect, which if you turned down, you wouldn't know if it would have been a worthwhile prospect or not.
It's a waste dating an uncertain person whilst turning down prospects (some of whom one may be attracted to).
Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 23, 2020
SamNaijaboy:
Not everyone wants to be disrespected and not everyone wants to be insulted after spending their own money.
It actually rankles more when you have someone you helped up turn on you like that. Better she find her way herself

Story story. Let him set her free and find someone in America to date. How hard is that?
Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by Kayeez(m): 3:04pm On Dec 23, 2020
Sit her down and try to explain things to her.
Hopefully, she would understand you.
Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by waslag: 3:26pm On Dec 23, 2020
My guy, do not marry any woman abroad unless the woman is richer than you . Avoid marriage at all cost if you don't want to lose your property in the future or get thrownout from your home. You're less likely to separate from your girlfriend even when you're living together with children without marriage involve. Am talking from experience of my five friends. It always better to find a girl that already in the system than bringing someone from Nigeria.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by ImaIma1(f): 3:28pm On Dec 23, 2020
jaxxy:

We all know guys do more for gals than the gals do for the guys. Test of love is giving and he has given. He doesn’t need to sacrifice himself on an alter to prove anything more atleast not until she has reciprocated the “little” as u put it he has done.

This self entitlement shit is really getting out of hand. I helped change a gals life and yet when the relationship when south I moved on no stress. Guess what she did little or nothing except show up for dates and events I still pay fully for. I don’t want to delve in the level of selfishness a gal u date can show intentionally or unintentionally cos I just do my thing and let u do urs. I have I no regrets bt then it’s what’s sm guys will cry about and hate ladies for. Love is a 2 way street like communication.

I want to know what she’s actually done for him to deserve this level of sacrifice. U don’t give diamonds to a pig they will abuse it and It will end in tears.

When some of you guys decide to date a lady, I wonder what parameters you use before picking a girl. Because when you go for substance rather than vanity, we won't keep hearing tales. And it is as if you guys on NL are in the same WhatsApp group.

In real life, the case seems different. It depends on where you are looking.

1 Like

Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by jaxxy(m): 3:50pm On Dec 23, 2020
ImaIma1:

When some of you guys decide to date a lady, I wonder what parameters you use before picking a girl. Because when you go for substance rather than vanity, we won't keep hearing tales. And it is as if you guys on NL are in the same WhatsApp group.

In real life, the case seems different. It depends on where you are looking.

She was actually substance and still is so I’m not her to Rubbish her or anything. I still respect her even now bt that doesn’t change the fact she was selfish and I told her to her face in a civil manner which she was sorry about. In her case it wasn’t intentional bt she cud have acted better I believe bt no one perfect and that doesn’t mean I enjoyed it, I just had to understand.

My main point is a lady with substance can still fail u so one needs to make sure love is properly balanced cos it’s not always guaranteed to work. I don’t ask people to make sacrifices for me that I can’t make 2ce or 3ce over for them bt that’s me others both gal or guy may not give a damn. So u need to protect urself and be wise about it.

That guy has no business making such sacrifice for that gal “unless” she’s proven herself worthy of it. He already gave her an alternative path which is fine if she’s serious.
Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by ImaIma1(f): 4:24pm On Dec 23, 2020
jaxxy:

She was actually substance and still is so I’m not her to Rubbish her or anything. I still respect her even now bt that doesn’t change the fact she was selfish and I told her to her face in a civil manner which she was sorry about. In her case it wasn’t intentional bt she cud have acted better I believe bt no one perfect and that doesn’t mean I enjoyed it, I just had to understand.

My main point is a lady with substance can still fail u so one needs to make sure love is properly balanced cos it’s not always guaranteed to work. I don’t ask people to make sacrifices for me that I can’t make 2ce or 3ce over for them bt that’s me others both gal or guy may not give a damn. So u need to protect urself and be wise about it.

That guy has no business making such sacrifice for that gal “unless” she’s proven herself worthy of it. He already gave her an alternative path which is fine if she’s serious.

Only he can tell us if she deserves it or not. But from his post, it is more about his principles than whether she deserves it.
Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 23, 2020
canttedra:

I love her. I'm not sure about marriage yet, but it could happen with her.
can't you see she is already conditioning you, yet she doesn't have power yet

like how the Bleep should she be claiming to know the ideal path than you.

Run from her, her "marriage" and chat is for the out of jail card
Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by Ryan03(f): 9:19pm On Dec 23, 2020
Phabulous828:

Table is for sitting
table haf break
Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by SamNaijaboy: 6:54am On Dec 24, 2020
That's what we asked him to do, madam

Chii59:

Story story. Let him set her free and find someone in America to date. How hard is that?
Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by Ndipe(m): 10:19am On Dec 24, 2020
Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by thecommunist(m): 8:49pm On Dec 24, 2020
SamNaijaboy:
Chair, I still stand with my assertion that the Nigerian-made prenup is at greater risk to be invalidated than one made in the same US state.
States guard jealously their jurisdictional rights. It will be considered and taken as legal. I never said it would be considered illegal. I'm just saying there is greater chance it will not survive the judge's scrutiny, if she has a sharp lawyer that helps her find something wrong with it. Then you are going to be spending money on appellate courts. And some of those appellate courts will deny you out flat. In my brother's case, they didn't even take the case grin

Those are good promises you made to yourself OP. Wish we had made those earlier too.

point taken.
Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by SavageResponse(m): 9:21am On Dec 29, 2020
canttedra:

I love her. I'm not sure about marriage yet, but it could happen with her.

Do not bring her abroad unless you are absolutely sure you plan to marry her
Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by Exceed15: 4:14pm On Jan 16, 2022
[quote author=GboyegaD post=97270600]Oga, do you intend marrying her? If yes, why not do the marriage? Let her come in on the spousal visa of the class you are on and then pursue the graduate admission you want her to have.

The key should be do you trust her and love her enough to be your wife and also, is she responsible enough not to misbehave?[/quote

She will misbehave when she discovers how the system there makes her powerful.

In short, don't bring someone that render your years of struggle and success useless
Re: Should I Bring Her Over To The US? by GboyegaD(m): 4:57pm On Jan 16, 2022
Exceed15:
She will misbehave when she discovers how the system there makes her powerful.

In short, don't bring someone that render your years of struggle and success useless

This isn't true. Many have brought their partners and they are fine. I am a living example and I know of many others too.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Recent Photos Of The Baby That Was Rescued By A Dog After Being Abandoned / He Was To Get Married On 2nd Of December But Now He Is Late / Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.