Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:54 AM

Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? (42522 Views)

This Wicked Snake That's Killing My Christmas Chicken Was Finally Caught / Biggest Christmas Chicken 2020 / The Christmas Chicken I Bought For N3,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by FuckThaMod: 1:43pm On Dec 24, 2020
nobilie:

Well, if you look deeply, you'll see its tied to leadership. If security was not a problem, farmers will grow crops and sell cheap.
Reason chicken is expensive is because feed is very-very expensive. A 25kg bag of feed cost more than 5k (plus transport to the farm). It is estimated that chicken will eat a bag of feed from day old to maturity.
That's why the price rose to between 2500 & 3000...
Selling at 5k 7k 12k is pure wickedness. Always taking advantage of situation at the expense of the population

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by Igbankpa(m): 1:44pm On Dec 24, 2020
How much be dog now sef? The meat Even sweet pass
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by mulerogold(m): 1:48pm On Dec 24, 2020
solpat:
Some people in Benin City sell 10k. Imagine angry angry

You are right.
At Ugbor market in Oredo LGA benin city.
Its between 8,10,12k.

Buh we don dey opt for fowl.
I cannot come and go and kill myself grin

1 Like

Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by gowonmaharajah(m): 1:51pm On Dec 24, 2020
FuckThaMod:
You see this country, the politicians isn't the problem
embarassed
Nigerians are the problem we have.
The way we inflict unnecessary pains on ourselves ehn.
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by Agbegbaorogboye: 1:51pm On Dec 24, 2020
Aileexa1:
I sold chickens for #5000- #6000

Feeds are more expensive so what do you expect?

A bag of finisher that was #4200 as of July is now #5100.
So a marginal increase of 900 is why you almost doubled the price of one chicken.
No wonder you no get breast and nyansh angry
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by Agbegbaorogboye: 1:53pm On Dec 24, 2020
ayenale1:
Last minutes rush + killing = 15k per duck
Pigeon cock(eye awo) is the real substitute now o at 4k each.

We are celebrating CHRISTmas not Sangomas angry

1 Like

Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by Agbegbaorogboye: 1:55pm On Dec 24, 2020
StrafordSTONES:
Christmas is really not about the chicken or food. It's about humans and need to spread love. Seriously, if you come from a well to do family, you will understand that there is nothing you are going to eat on the 25th that you cannot eat every other day within the week. So Christmas it's special in the sense that it affords people the opportunity to travel and bring people separated by distance together to see themselves and consolidate on the love.

So there you have it, you can forfeit the chicken if you don't like the price...But do ensure you go reach out to people and spread love this season

So when people travel long distance to see themselves in your family, it's stones they eat ba? angry

1 Like

Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by Agbegbaorogboye: 1:57pm On Dec 24, 2020
mulerogold:

You are right.
At Ugbor market in Oredo LGA benin city.
Its between 8,10,12k.

Buh we don dey opt for fowl.
I cannot come and go and kill myself grin
What's the difference between fowl and chicken angry

1 Like

Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by trychris: 1:58pm On Dec 24, 2020
3500. Interested?

Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by Lenient001: 1:58pm On Dec 24, 2020
No be only chicken o.
How much was a bag of cement last year and how much is it now How much was the price of fuel last year and how much is it now.. Et. al
Just pray may next year don't be this worst
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by Agbegbaorogboye: 1:59pm On Dec 24, 2020
Oyindaberry:
The price of chicken feeds has skyrocketed. Finisher is 5,400 in my area, it use to be around 4k months back. We have a mini poultry and we didn’t sell a chicken for less than 7k for this Christmas season.
And you're smiling through your wickedness angry
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by arcahmad(m): 1:59pm On Dec 24, 2020
Oh God. Me that rear foreign turkey for almost 4 month now, looking for buyer they are pricing it like small chicken for ur side. It almost 8kg in weight

Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by MrBONE2(m): 2:00pm On Dec 24, 2020
SmellySperm:
some people dey use crocodilegrin
Bwana some people here in KiVuKi Land use Hyenas and Wild pig grin
I even use Zebra grin

Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by Agbegbaorogboye: 2:02pm On Dec 24, 2020
purpleicious:
Brother feeds are expensive.
In my area it's sold for 5,500 - 6 k.
How many bags will you buy to feed a quantity of birds and then not to talk about their drugs and o I forgot the price for the birds increased also,so in this situation,what do you expect?
It's Christmas we're doing. Christmas is not about business but giving and receiving.
You should give out the chickens for free or you're going to hell angry
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by Agbegbaorogboye: 2:04pm On Dec 24, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:

It's not robbery, have you considered other factors.
What if the person raised loan from bank at about 30% interest rate?
Where will he get the returns from to offset the loan?
I have chickens of ₦3000 to ₦7000. It's all about your pocket and choice.
I bought doc for ₦600, feeds for ₦5200, add drugs and logistics, then factor in the time(3months) in production, and still tell us that we are cheating.
Also note that we all spend in the same economy. Will my profit be sufficient to take me for another 3months to get a new set of birds ready? Will I be able to afford transport, clothing, shelter, feeding, etc with the profit considering hike in various goods and services in the nation?
So you believe all these justifies robbing us of our money for a piece of artificial chicken? angry
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by IkpuMmadu: 2:05pm On Dec 24, 2020
MrToothBrush:
Chicken! Have You Noticed This?

With just 5 days to Christmas chickens are everywhere already. Today after church, me and my siblings were passing by a poultry and we decided to branch and check the chickens

We asked for the price and the last price was 7000! Yes 7000 per Chicken. I was amazed because during Easter, early this year, I had bought the same size of chicken for just 3000 and 3500 respectively. Although the ones we priced today were very big and heavy I just wonder how something that cost between 3000 and 3500naira could suddenly sky rocket to 7000 naira per chicken. Who else has noticed this increase.

What's the cost of chicken in your area ??

The cost of feed and drugs are high ....
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by Agbegbaorogboye: 2:06pm On Dec 24, 2020
diamondzx:
Get your NIN linked linked with your SIM,
If you don't have a national I'd card you can acquire one in just one week.
Quick,fast and easy.

WhatsApp me on. .....2..3..4...9...0...1 ..8...7...5...5..8..2...7
Fraudster. Your name is not in the book of life angry

1 Like

Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by comrChris(m): 2:06pm On Dec 24, 2020
arduino:

Easy with the lies nah......We all know say chicken expensive but 12K?
He might not be lying, here in Benin, agbor park precisely, chicken is between 7k to 12k now
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by Cutehector(m): 2:07pm On Dec 24, 2020
I bought 6000.. It is true that prices have increased.
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by kalufelix(m): 2:09pm On Dec 24, 2020
Chicken-and-eggs-are-just-about-the-cheapest-foods-for-poor-and-average-households-on-a-regular-basis...but-for-naija-chicken-issa-big-man-somethingcheesy
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 24, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

So a marginal increase of 900 is why you almost doubled the price of one chicken.

So its one only bag of feed that will feed them till they mature, what of transportation? Drugs and treatment?
Before you bodyshame someone, check whether you are perfect. Dullard

6 Likes

Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by bonnyhope: 2:10pm On Dec 24, 2020
The cost is dependent on the size

Small size 3000
Medium.....4000
Big.......5000

I bought medium for 4k, then paid N200 for preparation
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by kentebemoney: 2:11pm On Dec 24, 2020
TheLasyBuddha:

Bought in Calabar today for NGN2,100. Medium size. Felt satisfied. Althought, with so much "abeg na" "na me dey beg you, abeg".
The woman and I were begging each other until she conceded.
Bust my head a swear!!!!!!!!! grin grin
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by descarado: 2:14pm On Dec 24, 2020
That means turkey will be like 20k shocked shocked

And no, it's not demand and supply.
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by Iseoluwani: 2:15pm On Dec 24, 2020
RisenPhoenix1:

Kukuma buy local goat.

confirm ogunfe
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by Sammy0two(m): 2:17pm On Dec 24, 2020
We have for sale here
Price :3k,3500k
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by Eaglesence: 2:17pm On Dec 24, 2020
SolomonGrundy:
I bought yesterday for 12k

Really?? � Why you buy am na? Damn too expensive hulm
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by Emmynation(m): 2:20pm On Dec 24, 2020
arduino:

Easy with the lies nah......We all know say chicken expensive but 12K?
I don't think its a lie
Its 12k here also
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by seunlayi(m): 2:20pm On Dec 24, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

it is not a one-timed purchase, 900 x
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by Emperor4tune(m): 2:25pm On Dec 24, 2020
i cant buy a small helpless chicken with 7k,na who go chop & na who go remain,i think the best any family man can do is to add 10k to rime 17k and return with a full goat..but if your pocket no reach just use the 7k cut goat or cow meat at once
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by wisz1(m): 2:28pm On Dec 24, 2020
IbadanJohnWick:
It's expensive o
Yes.
Esp if the chicken has Bvn or NIN. grin
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by ayenale1(m): 2:31pm On Dec 24, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

We are celebrating CHRISTmas not Sangomas angry

Who told u chicken is the only menu for celebration of Christmas...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Prepared Jollof Rice For New Year / Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? / See The Items I Bought For ₦5,650 (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.