Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? (42523 Views)

This Wicked Snake That's Killing My Christmas Chicken Was Finally Caught / Biggest Christmas Chicken 2020 / The Christmas Chicken I Bought For N3,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by naylor(f): 6:05pm On Dec 24, 2020
Ardar:

People are using this festive season to rob people of their money and you're asking which law, my comment shouldn't affect you except if you sell chicken from 5,000 and above which is wrong.
Carton of dayold chicks was very expensive this year plus chicken feed prices skyrocketed. You can't expect the price to still be the same. Especially as the way the prices of chicks and chicken feed exploded.
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by 400billionman: 6:18pm On Dec 24, 2020
SmellySperm:
some people dey use crocodilegrin

Nah to drive and buy I dey do.

If I see bushmeat or cat fish while driving by, I don't miss it.

E get Python somebody bought N5k wey pass N20k meat.

I buy one catfish N3,000, nah 2 pots I use cook am. The head alone fill small pot.

So that crocodile no go pass N10k, nah hungry boy wan sell am.
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by deebrain(m): 6:48pm On Dec 24, 2020
That's over exaggerated.

The heavyweight broiler rooster goes for N6,000.

Broilers between 3,500 to 4,500.
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 24, 2020
chatinent:
A poultry I manage: N2500.

A neighbor's poultry: N3500.
so you manage a poultry?
interesting!

1 Like

Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 24, 2020
no matter how big or heavy it is...it is 1,500 or 2k here in Akwa ibom
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 24, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

You're my spec wink

I dont think so
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by donifez(m): 7:19pm On Dec 24, 2020
urchcoded:
my mother has a poultry. by October I usually buy 1 bag of finisher for 3200 last month before I left for nysc it was sold for 5k and it's very scarce. the suppliers said the price increase is due to border closure which has made the prices of corn abi na wheat skyrocket. I'm sure by now feed would be sold for 6k or more. what do u expect the poultry farmers to do? the truth is they can't even make any profit this year no matter how much they sell it, unless they would be selling one fowl for 10k or more.

Exactly. They don't know. My mum also has a poultry. Price of feed skyrocketed. I pray she makes profit sef

1 Like

Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:22pm On Dec 24, 2020
Aileexa1:

I dont think so
You know me more than me ba?
No make I change am for you o
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 24, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

You know me more than me ba?
No make I change am for you o

There is no changing you want to change for me that will affect me
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by dasparrow: 7:26pm On Dec 24, 2020
I tell you, Nigerians and greed. It's disgusting. Nigeria was the only country I ever lived in where food prices skyrocket during Christmas festivities. I don't live in Nigeria. The country I live in, the chicken vendors have been having sale on all their poultry products to encourage customers to buy and people have been buying. However in Nigeria, everything is always the opposite because of the "greed" factor. So unfortunate.
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:28pm On Dec 24, 2020
Aileexa1:

There is no changing you want to change for me that will affect me
Exactly. That's why you should agree you can't determine my choice for me with confidence.
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by MrToothBrush: 7:38pm On Dec 24, 2020
400billionman:

I buy one catfish N3,000, nah 2 pots I use cook am. The head alone fill small pot.

You are lucky bro. Do Small giveaway for a brother
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by MrToothBrush: 7:41pm On Dec 24, 2020
olukaygold:
Chicken na 5k-6k,went to price goat yesterday,small goat Dem dey call am 30k,na so I vex go market today to price head of a cow,bought big cow 14,500. and the bathing bucket was full
wow happy for u. Do small giveaway for us too bro
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by Josbreed: 7:55pm On Dec 24, 2020
I am not sure you are residing in Naija.
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by blesoh(f): 8:56pm On Dec 24, 2020
I bought mine 5k, very big

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 24, 2020
400billionman:

lol baba abeg do me small Xmas giveaway na,the least 2k will mk my day
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by OlujobaSamuel: 10:23pm On Dec 24, 2020
BRATISLAVA:

Even the ones who didn't take loans have increased their prices. Same thing with every other commodity. People with old stock will see new prices, and with the usual greed will also hike their prices. If you ask them why, "everything, the price has gone up, the new prices...", or even worse, "fuel price" -- for old stock! So it's not about taking loans.

Let's just say that Nigerians are their own economic problem.
Everything is related one way or another.
What you refer to as old stock are kept alive by continuous feeding which is at current price.
If everything is expensive, agric commodity won't be an exception irrespective of what people think as long as the farmers also need to spend their income within the same economy.
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by chatinent: 10:28pm On Dec 24, 2020
Preshieben:
so you manage a poultry?

interesting!

I do.
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by chatinent: 10:29pm On Dec 24, 2020
Unrated900:

Can you transport one to jalingo

Yes.
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by daintyprincess(f): 11:49pm On Dec 24, 2020
Some of these farmers didn't just increase price over night. Chicken feed has been on the increase since October so it's really not their fault. The peeps that sell 2k, how did they feed their chickens please?
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by albacete(m): 5:48am On Dec 25, 2020
Ardar:
Chicken is from 2,500 to 4000. Anyone selling above this price for a chicken below 3 months is a criminal.
And anyone selling sachet tomatoes that used to be N50 for N130 is a fraudster.

Are you sure you are in Nigeria?
Have you priced the cost of chicken feed lately? That is, if you see it in the first place.

Or do you know what dollar is exchanging for in Nigeria?

Una go just dey yarn dust anyhow.
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by BRATISLAVA: 6:39am On Dec 25, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:

Everything is related one way or another.
What you refer to as old stock are kept alive by continuous feeding which is at current price.
If everything is expensive, agric commodity won't be an exception irrespective of what people think as long as the farmers also need to spend their income within the same economy.

Imagine a person, who bought several bags of chicken feed in August that can last till February, still wanting to hike their price just because others bought theirs more expensive in December. Even if he is continuously feeding his chickens on old stock that is no reason to increase his price. That is what causes needless inflation and suffering for majority of Nigerians. Old stock prices should stand.

Nigerians just like to do things because they can, not because it is necessary. And there is hardly any excuse for that. Everyone wants to become a trillionaire. Too much worship of money to the detriment of the society.

There needs to be price regulation to curtail the national greed.
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by OlujobaSamuel: 7:23am On Dec 25, 2020
BRATISLAVA:

Imagine a person, who bought several bags of chicken feed in August that can last till February, still wanting to hike their price just because others bought theirs more expensive in December. Even if he is continuously feeding his chickens on old stock that is no reason to increase his price. That is what causes needless inflation and suffering for majority of Nigerians. Old stock prices should stand.

Nigerians just like to do things because they can, not because it is necessary. And there is hardly any excuse for that. Everyone wants to become a trillionaire. Too much worship of money to the detriment of the society.

There needs to be price regulation to curtail the national greed.
That's not true, feeds are not stored that way. You keep for 2months as expiry date is 3months so you can't hoard feeds.
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by BRATISLAVA: 7:24am On Dec 25, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:

That's not true, feeds are not stored that way. You keep for 2months as expiry date is 3months so you can't hoard feeds.

Whether or not feed lasts so short or so long, people have old stock but greed makes them hike prices. And overall, it causes inflation and suffering of the general public.
It's not loans that made sellers insensitive, but lack of price control and greedy illiterate mentalities.

Bread sellers could sell a loaf of bread for 2k if they were to have been like the chicken sellers, because they are affected by price increases, too. But they don't, because they are regulated.
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by OlujobaSamuel: 8:53am On Dec 25, 2020
BRATISLAVA:

Whether or not feed lasts so short or so long, people have old stock but greed makes them hike prices. And overall, it causes inflation and suffering of the general public.
It's not loans that made sellers insensitive, but lack of price control and greedy illiterate mentalities.

Bread sellers could sell a loaf of bread for 2k if they were to have been like the chicken sellers, because they are affected by price increases, too. But they don't, because they are regulated.
You can't control price from output, you start from input.
If hatcheries sold birds for festive season at ₦600, feed mills increase prices from ₦3600 to ₦5300, you don't expect the farmer to sell at prevailing price when doc was ₦300 and feed ₦3600.
Farmers are not angels, they spend their fund in the same inflated economy.
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by BRATISLAVA: 9:45am On Dec 25, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:

You can't control price from output, you start from input.
If hatcheries sold birds for festive season at ₦600, feed mills increase prices from ₦3600 to ₦5300, you don't expect the farmer to sell at prevailing price when doc was ₦300 and feed ₦3600.
Farmers are not angels, they spend their fund in the same inflated economy.

Not all chicken rearers bought their feed at the new prices. Not all of them took loans. So why are they inflating prices? This is where inflation in other food products comes from.

Well, it's not an issue as long as there are buyers, right?

Chicken sellers want 100% profit by all means. Greed isn't helping Nigeria, rather contributing to suffering.

There's need for price regulation in Nigeria. If bread sellers can do it to stop overpricing and needless suffering of Nigerians, chicken sellers should be regulated, too.
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by Starships4u(m): 2:20pm On Dec 25, 2020
Ardar:

People are using this festive season to rob people of their money and you're asking which law, my comment shouldn't affect you except if you sell chicken from 5,000 and above which is wrong.
Yhu didn't answer me...

Yhu go to boutiques to buy clothes way costlier than the go for at the random stores in the markets yet yhu don't complain, now yhu wantu state to a meat seller how much they should sell their chicken

Why not also tell Fulani how much they'd sell their cows....
NB: I don't sell meat of any nature..
I'm just being logical.
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:24am On Dec 26, 2020
edlion57:
we are taking of chicken not ram
grin grin grin
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by generationz(f): 12:08am On Dec 28, 2020
olukaygold:
Chicken na 5k-6k,went to price goat yesterday,small goat Dem dey call am 30k,na so I vex go market today to price head of a cow,bought big cow 14,500. and the bathing bucket was full

You bought a cow for 14500? Please show me the pic of the bucket you put it in.
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by MrToothBrush: 3:22pm On Apr 23, 2021
generationz:

You bought a cow for 14500? Please show me the pic of the bucket you put it in.
He probably meant 145000
Re: Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? by MrToothBrush: 12:46pm On Feb 21, 2022
What a thread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Prepared Jollof Rice For New Year / Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? / See The Items I Bought For ₦5,650 (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.