Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,853 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

Emmanuel Okafor: Pupil Builds An ATM That Works With Bank Card Using Carton - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Emmanuel Okafor: Pupil Builds An ATM That Works With Bank Card Using Carton (48830 Views)

Talented Boy Manufactures ATM That Dispenses Cash In Imo State (Video) / How To Clone SIM Card Using SIM Cloning Tool / Umar Yusuf Builds Modern Bicycles To Empower Citizens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emmanuel Okafor: Pupil Builds An ATM That Works With Bank Card Using Carton by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 21, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

They actually employ children in their production plants in China.
They have been called out many times for child labor.
ok
Re: Emmanuel Okafor: Pupil Builds An ATM That Works With Bank Card Using Carton by AchalugoNwa(f): 12:17pm On Dec 21, 2020
victorix:

Lol, the kid tried, but that stuff is nowhere near an electronic piggy bank. The password buttons doesn't work. He used a spoilt DVD to design this stuff. He pressed the open/close button on the DVD and the money came out.
he's a primary six pupil remember?
he's probably from one village underfunded community primary school i guess.
so with him having such innovative ideas and skills to even put things like this up shows how talented he is and how he'll do more if he gets the opportunity and enabling environment.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Okafor: Pupil Builds An ATM That Works With Bank Card Using Carton by Donedeal1(m): 12:18pm On Dec 21, 2020
This is the way majority of Nigeria youths are, not until the environmental impacts start to set in.
Re: Emmanuel Okafor: Pupil Builds An ATM That Works With Bank Card Using Carton by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 21, 2020
Donedeal1:
This is the way majority of Nigeria youths are, not until the environmental impacts start to set in.
Lmao
Re: Emmanuel Okafor: Pupil Builds An ATM That Works With Bank Card Using Carton by OyinO: 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2020
NigeriaB:
Now this kid has identified his ability and has made it known but his parents will still manipulate him to go and study Medicine or law in the university.

Those are not parent but ignorant detractors and misleaders.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Okafor: Pupil Builds An ATM That Works With Bank Card Using Carton by slimprinze1(m): 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2020
Impressive!!! I always say one thing, the problem of Africa is leadership. If we have leaders that believe in their people and ready to invest and motivate them, Africa would have be a better place most especially Nigeria would have be one of the best countries in the world. Rather the type of leaders we have today are asking us to go back to farming. If farming works for us in 70s that doesn't mean it can still work for us in this 21 century. We need to grow with the new changes and think of how grow and improve ourselves in technology. I'm proud of you little kid.

What he needs now is a programmer to help him write code that will link the machine to bank network
Re: Emmanuel Okafor: Pupil Builds An ATM That Works With Bank Card Using Carton by obyrich(m): 12:21pm On Dec 21, 2020
Freestainworld:
Our Nigerian kids are well smarter than most kids in the world, just that they don't have that enabling environment to progress and develop their individual skills and potentials.
Re: Emmanuel Okafor: Pupil Builds An ATM That Works With Bank Card Using Carton by kutchs: 12:23pm On Dec 21, 2020
Smif:
I see nothing innovative here, its just a piece of carton... Stop promoting stupidity
That's a basic 6 pupil for crying out loud. A primary school pupil, imagine what he will do if encouraged with the right environment.
As crude as it's, that's what his current environment can allow, give him a better and more conducive environment and see him explode. It's very stupid to dismiss the works of others as stupid especially when you don't have the capability to produce same.
Re: Emmanuel Okafor: Pupil Builds An ATM That Works With Bank Card Using Carton by victorix(m): 12:25pm On Dec 21, 2020
AchalugoNwa:
he's a primary six pupil remember?
he's probably from one village underfunded community primary school i guess.
so with him having such innovative ideas and skills to even put things like this up shows how talented he is and how he'll do more if he gets the opportunity and enabling environment.

You're correct. The kid is brilliant. The only difference between Nigerian kids and the ones in developed countries is just opportunity and environment.
Re: Emmanuel Okafor: Pupil Builds An ATM That Works With Bank Card Using Carton by Angelfrost(m): 12:27pm On Dec 21, 2020
Freestainworld:
Our Nigerian kids are well smarter than most kids in the world, just that they don't have that enabling environment to progress and develop their individual skills and potentials.

Not just the kids.... The average Nigerian is blessed with the ability to solve problems...

Religion, tribalism and Bad governance have blocked their paths to serious progress!!!
Re: Emmanuel Okafor: Pupil Builds An ATM That Works With Bank Card Using Carton by victorix(m): 12:28pm On Dec 21, 2020
Freestainworld:

Get over yourself. Nigerian kids are smart? Yes. Are they smarter than most kids in the world? I don't think so. There's no statistics to prove it. If given the same opportunity they would be as smart. Remember knowledge is power.
Re: Emmanuel Okafor: Pupil Builds An ATM That Works With Bank Card Using Carton by Angelfrost(m): 12:29pm On Dec 21, 2020
Smif:
I see nothing innovative here, its just a piece of carton... Stop promoting stupidity

Says someone who has never done an innovative thing in his life (childhood and adulthood)....
Re: Emmanuel Okafor: Pupil Builds An ATM That Works With Bank Card Using Carton by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 21, 2020
Angelfrost:

Says someone who has never done an innovative thing in his life (childhood and adulthood)....
U Harsh O
Re: Emmanuel Okafor: Pupil Builds An ATM That Works With Bank Card Using Carton by johnstar(m): 12:34pm On Dec 21, 2020
NigeriaB:
Now this kid has identified his ability and has made it known but his parents will still manipulate him to go and study Medicine or law in the university.

U say? No talk am again..go YouTube and search for creative kids..

U go knw say we dey learn..

U nor even sabi weytn u dey talk sef
Re: Emmanuel Okafor: Pupil Builds An ATM That Works With Bank Card Using Carton by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 12:35pm On Dec 21, 2020
Azmanaty:
Igbos leading the pack
And I never hear ur p*pa name for internet?
Re: Emmanuel Okafor: Pupil Builds An ATM That Works With Bank Card Using Carton by humilitypays(m): 12:37pm On Dec 21, 2020
officialsaw01:
Pls, kindly complete the job by posting pics of it dispensing cash.
lol don't u have data to watch the video where it was dispensing cash
Re: Emmanuel Okafor: Pupil Builds An ATM That Works With Bank Card Using Carton by manny4u(m): 12:44pm On Dec 21, 2020
I pray he finds his way out of the shithole and go to a better clime where his talent would be appreciated.
Re: Emmanuel Okafor: Pupil Builds An ATM That Works With Bank Card Using Carton by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 21, 2020
With carton? This will be an easy break-in for robbers as all they need to do is tear the carton to pieces.

A commendable one though he'll need premium buglary proof materials to construct a safer ATM with great support from the govt and assistance of experienced engineers.

A Good move in the right direction for someone his age.
Re: Emmanuel Okafor: Pupil Builds An ATM That Works With Bank Card Using Carton by Sunnylovesil: 12:46pm On Dec 21, 2020
Babapyro:

Don't mind him let him be overreaching
it is because they have an enabling environment and their government support.
Re: Emmanuel Okafor: Pupil Builds An ATM That Works With Bank Card Using Carton by geunik(m): 12:50pm On Dec 21, 2020
Na hand them take push the money come out na
Re: Emmanuel Okafor: Pupil Builds An ATM That Works With Bank Card Using Carton by Sunnylovesil: 12:50pm On Dec 21, 2020
Azmanaty:

common sharap there!
kill joy
what have you invented yourself... It's easy for you to run others who are making things happens when you've not even been able to do a simple toothpick....
Re: Emmanuel Okafor: Pupil Builds An ATM That Works With Bank Card Using Carton by Bluntemperor: 12:53pm On Dec 21, 2020
NigeriaB:

His parents wants the best for him and if you like,let him alone and before you know it the financial organization will still bring one guru with College Certificate to be his boss.So why don't you let him continue his education first.This is not the Western World that tap the best of brain from the youthful age.
Re: Emmanuel Okafor: Pupil Builds An ATM That Works With Bank Card Using Carton by payloader(m): 12:54pm On Dec 21, 2020
Yet another talent to be relegated to the trash bin of the Nigerian technology history. If na China, him for don blow.
Re: Emmanuel Okafor: Pupil Builds An ATM That Works With Bank Card Using Carton by officialsaw01(m): 12:59pm On Dec 21, 2020
humilitypays:
lol don't u have data to watch the video where it was dispensing cash
Brotherly, i dey manage am ni o till the end of the yr.
Re: Emmanuel Okafor: Pupil Builds An ATM That Works With Bank Card Using Carton by Jacksparrow7(m): 1:00pm On Dec 21, 2020
DrChukki:
Immediately I saw ATM, I knew it must be my Igbo brother grin
Mumu mangrin

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Okafor: Pupil Builds An ATM That Works With Bank Card Using Carton by Bmaster(m): 1:00pm On Dec 21, 2020
Op please!

How dare you say that shiii.t works with ATM card
Re: Emmanuel Okafor: Pupil Builds An ATM That Works With Bank Card Using Carton by crafteck(m): 1:07pm On Dec 21, 2020
AchalugoNwa:
yeah in 2020 you, your family, relatives, friends are still using wooden kolo to save money.

if you don't see the innovation on this kid's work or if you don't know that there's something being sold on aliexpress called electronic piggy bank
then you need to change your moniker.

i noticed that most people that attached "tech" on their names/usernames knows nothing about technologies grin

I hear you bros, you just made a point that is easily defeated by a box with luck, good luck with ali express, heres my status this morning and its not even worth an applause. Lets encourage kids and everyone else to do more, not remain on this spot. A kid made 22m, lets stoo glorifying nonsense pls... Where is that man tha wanted to use water power to charge phone...

Re: Emmanuel Okafor: Pupil Builds An ATM That Works With Bank Card Using Carton by danladijr(m): 1:09pm On Dec 21, 2020
NigeriaB:

I tell you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Okafor: Pupil Builds An ATM That Works With Bank Card Using Carton by NigeriaB(m): 1:20pm On Dec 21, 2020
Bluntemperor:

His parents wants the best for him and if you like,let him alone and before you know it the financial organization will still bring one guru with College Certificate to be his boss.So why don't you let him continue his education first.This is not the Western World that tap the best of brain from the youthful age.

My point is...He can actually be guided in this part and study a course that is closely related to this ability he has now instead of being made to study a course that is far from his talent/ability.

He should be giving an enabling environment to thrive his ability/talent
Re: Emmanuel Okafor: Pupil Builds An ATM That Works With Bank Card Using Carton by MyGeneration(m): 1:21pm On Dec 21, 2020
Freestainworld:
Seriously do u call this smartness?

Then u don't know how far kids in the world hv gone
Re: Emmanuel Okafor: Pupil Builds An ATM That Works With Bank Card Using Carton by Babapyro: 1:29pm On Dec 21, 2020
AchalugoNwa:
that's because those kids has enabling environment to develop their crafts and skills.

Read and understand!

Btw
Oga phones are not developed by kids
no dey yarn small pikin talk
Wetin this one dey talk,e be like say you never enter asia before abi,go to icarsclub,kittylive come and see 10year old kids running tech ops.
Don't argue about things you don't know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Rescues, Returns Turtle To Sea In Lagos (Photos) / What Would You Do If You Saw This Snake At Your Door? / Adorable Animal Snaps That Will Melt The Hardest Heart( Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.