Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

Alan Shearer: I Am Not So Sure Arsenal Will Escape Relegation This Season - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Alan Shearer: I Am Not So Sure Arsenal Will Escape Relegation This Season (20676 Views)

Awoniyi Shares Testimony In Church After Helping Forest Escape Relegation(Video) / EPL: Alan Shearer Names Ronaldo, Jay-jay Okocha, Hazard In His Ultimate Ballers / Pogba Should Not Have Gone To Greet The Fans - Shearer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alan Shearer: I Am Not So Sure Arsenal Will Escape Relegation This Season by Orlu15(m): 2:46pm On Dec 21, 2020
After wearing Arsenal jersey,now I find it hard to lift my tea cup

3 Likes

Re: Alan Shearer: I Am Not So Sure Arsenal Will Escape Relegation This Season by Cantonese: 2:47pm On Dec 21, 2020
hotseat:
Arsenal is irredeemable at the moment

They are simply done for!

Adieu, Arsenal!

Back to sender!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once we get into January we will make amendments. No shaking.
Re: Alan Shearer: I Am Not So Sure Arsenal Will Escape Relegation This Season by kiddkash(m): 2:50pm On Dec 21, 2020
Tajbol4splend:
The problem is every team wants to beat them whether home or away
Arsenal's next game s against Manchester City
Re: Alan Shearer: I Am Not So Sure Arsenal Will Escape Relegation This Season by kiddkash(m): 2:50pm On Dec 21, 2020
kenzysmith:
Somebody that took Newcastle to relegation still get mouth to talk I no blame u na Arsenal I blame
Re: Alan Shearer: I Am Not So Sure Arsenal Will Escape Relegation This Season by Akinbahm(m): 2:58pm On Dec 21, 2020
Jodera:
The guy no know wetin him dey wish for. Person wey sick fit get hope to recover, but person wey die, which hope him wan get again?

He should ask Leeds how many years it took them to come out from relegation after going there. And how Portsmouth and Bolton likes are doing..

Arsenal problem is deeply rooted. I dont know ow long we will keep scolding coach for these lazy bunch of clowns we paraded as players...
Re: Alan Shearer: I Am Not So Sure Arsenal Will Escape Relegation This Season by kenzysmith: 2:58pm On Dec 21, 2020
kiddkash:

1 Like

Re: Alan Shearer: I Am Not So Sure Arsenal Will Escape Relegation This Season by Akinbahm(m): 2:59pm On Dec 21, 2020
lexy2014:

How's ozil an unserious player?

Free that one he dey catch cruise as his moniker displayed.
Re: Alan Shearer: I Am Not So Sure Arsenal Will Escape Relegation This Season by kiddkash(m): 3:01pm On Dec 21, 2020
[quote author=kenzysmith post=97293661][/quote]
after that, they play chelsea next
Re: Alan Shearer: I Am Not So Sure Arsenal Will Escape Relegation This Season by hermesprogidy(m): 3:12pm On Dec 21, 2020
lexy2014:

Better players? What makes man u players better than arsenal players?
Simple. Manu is 3rd on the table, Arsenal is 15th. The table never lies. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Alan Shearer: I Am Not So Sure Arsenal Will Escape Relegation This Season by tonyashburton: 3:12pm On Dec 21, 2020
internationalman:

Which of the other teams in EPL have a better squad than these squad of Arsenal players you just mentioned except maybe the top 6..

You mean these clubs that are above Arsenal in the league table have better squad than Arsenal?

Villa
West Ham United
Wolverhampton Wanderers
Newcastle United
Crystal Palace
Leeds United

Which coaching school did Arteta go to...
Which experience did he even have...

Henry and Viera are real legends of the club and have managed a handful of clubs in the past and were both vying for the job but they ended up offering it to a white guy with little or nor experience..

I don't mean to play the racism card, but why don't they give legendary black players a coaching job in top European leagues.
Thierry Henry did VERY badly as a manager with Monaco.Patrick Vieira is not exactly setting Ligue 1alight with his managerial ability either.Jose Mourinho or Carlos Ancelotti would have done a good job keeping the boys on their toes while getting results with less resources than the likes of Man Utd,Man City and Chelsea.
Re: Alan Shearer: I Am Not So Sure Arsenal Will Escape Relegation This Season by Gazzy88(m): 3:15pm On Dec 21, 2020
Only klopp can save this Arsenal team.
Re: Alan Shearer: I Am Not So Sure Arsenal Will Escape Relegation This Season by Jodera: 3:20pm On Dec 21, 2020
Akinbahm:

Arsenal problem is deeply rooted. I dont know ow long we will keep scolding coach for these lazy bunch of clowns we paraded as players...
lol... Me I'll join and scold o. At least, a good coach won't see us dragging relegation with dem Brightons
Re: Alan Shearer: I Am Not So Sure Arsenal Will Escape Relegation This Season by Kingstanding: 3:25pm On Dec 21, 2020
internationalman:

Which of the other teams in EPL have a better squad than these squad of Arsenal players you just mentioned except maybe the top 6..

You mean these clubs that are above Arsenal in the league table have better squad than Arsenal?

Villa
West Ham United
Wolverhampton Wanderers
Newcastle United
Crystal Palace
Leeds United

Henry and Viera are real legends of the club and have managed a handful of clubs in the past and were both vying for the job but they ended up offering it to a white guy with little or nor experience..

I don't mean to play the racism card, but why don't they give legendary black players a coaching job in top European leagues.
. May Almighty God bless you. I'm Arsenal fan and I really like what is happening to them. The problem of Arsenal is Manager.

1 Like

Re: Alan Shearer: I Am Not So Sure Arsenal Will Escape Relegation This Season by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 21, 2020
Bring back Ozil.
Re: Alan Shearer: I Am Not So Sure Arsenal Will Escape Relegation This Season by raphy(m): 3:37pm On Dec 21, 2020
Make Liverpool win the league back to bAck and I will know of gunners are good to remain in the top flight .

In kloop we trust

Liverpool is my religion.
Re: Alan Shearer: I Am Not So Sure Arsenal Will Escape Relegation This Season by kenzysmith: 3:46pm On Dec 21, 2020
kiddkash:
after that, they play chelsea next
u don't mean it.

Re: Alan Shearer: I Am Not So Sure Arsenal Will Escape Relegation This Season by lagonovo: 3:52pm On Dec 21, 2020
lexy2014:

Better players? What makes man u players better than arsenal players?
Is this a question from a real football follower? grin
They are not mates o and no be today. Even with Ole's lack of consistency. The players that can make United's team at Arsenal are last year's Aubameyang and previous years Atletico's Partey. That's all.
Fringe players like Van der Beek, McTominay, Bailly, Greenwood, Ighalo, Henderson, James, Mata, Tuanzebe and even Lingard will sleep walk into Arsenal's team.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alan Shearer: I Am Not So Sure Arsenal Will Escape Relegation This Season by lexy2014: 4:03pm On Dec 21, 2020
lagonovo:

They are not mates o and no be today. Even with Ole's lack of consistency. The players that can make United's team at Arsenal are last year's Aubameyang and previous years Atletico's Partey. That's all.
Fringe players like Van der Beek, McTominay, Bailly, Greenwood, Ighalo, Henderson, James, Mata, Tuanzebe and even Lingard will sleep walk into Arsenal's team.

But has this arsenal team beaten d man u team u talking about?

1 Like

Re: Alan Shearer: I Am Not So Sure Arsenal Will Escape Relegation This Season by toprealman: 4:05pm On Dec 21, 2020
internationalman:

Villa
West Ham United
Wolverhampton Wanderers
Newcastle United
Crystal Palace
Leeds United

Did you watch their game against wolves and Aston
....these two teams outplayed Arsenal for 90 full minutes.
Against Leicester, even a toddler could tell that Vardy will score when he comes in and it happened.
The full squad lacks confidence and they mostly hide from receiving passes.....how can you score with such approach?
As it stands, they have forgotten where the opponent's goalpost is.....so sad.
Giving Arteta that job when Carlo Ancelotti was available beats any logical reasoning.
If they like let them be relegated, why worry over a team that is not ready to fight.
As for Alan Shearer he still cannot understand why all the teams he played for got relegated at some point so wishing same for others should come natural with him....sore grapes and all that shii comes from England.
That said, a relegation is not possible.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alan Shearer: I Am Not So Sure Arsenal Will Escape Relegation This Season by lagonovo: 4:25pm On Dec 21, 2020
lexy2014:

But has this arsenal team beaten d man u team u talking about?
Yes they have and that's football.
Aston Villa whooped Liverpool with 7 goals, are they better than Liverpool player for player? grin
Besides that, have you seen the league table? Or did you see last season's league table?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alan Shearer: I Am Not So Sure Arsenal Will Escape Relegation This Season by ofiko123(m): 4:28pm On Dec 21, 2020
It is too early to judge.. Arsenal can and will still definitely bounce back...
Re: Alan Shearer: I Am Not So Sure Arsenal Will Escape Relegation This Season by lexy2014: 4:38pm On Dec 21, 2020
lagonovo:

Yes they have and that's football.
Aston Villa whooped Liverpool with 7 goals, are they better than Liverpool player for player? grin
Besides that, have you seen the league table? Or did you see last season's league table?

Good. So u have given two criteria for judging whether man u players are better than arsenals& that results on d field of play don't matter. One, position on d table & comparing individual players. Based on this, can we say man u players are better than man city players since man u is above on d table higher than man city?
Re: Alan Shearer: I Am Not So Sure Arsenal Will Escape Relegation This Season by lagonovo: 4:52pm On Dec 21, 2020
lexy2014:

Good. So u have given two criteria for judging whether man u players are better than arsenals& that results on d field of play don't matter. One, position on d table & comparing individual players. Based on this, can we say man u players are better than man city players since man u is above on d table higher than man city?
That's a closer comparison.
What's their head-to-head? In the last 2 years (to see trend with current players), United have the edge beating City home and away & I think they've only lost once to City.
Then what's the league position in the last 2 years to determine trend? City have the edge, so they are better overall.
What's their continental platform and performance in the last two years? City consistently in the champs league & doing well, United lost Europa semi-final, then crashed out of group stage this season. City have the edge.
Man City players are better than Man United in my opinion but it's very close.
Re: Alan Shearer: I Am Not So Sure Arsenal Will Escape Relegation This Season by Amozever12: 4:55pm On Dec 21, 2020
internationalman:

Villa
West Ham United
Wolverhampton Wanderers
Newcastle United
Crystal Palace
Leeds United

Over sense dey worry u, bro. Arsenal board is trash with mediocres in the helm of affairs. Arteta can't even manage Derby county, let alone Arsenal. It pisses me off when I hear ppl say "Trust the process". Which yeye process
Re: Alan Shearer: I Am Not So Sure Arsenal Will Escape Relegation This Season by chiefolododo(m): 5:01pm On Dec 21, 2020
Kriss216:
To troll Assnal these days is same as to troll an orphan.

it is pure wickedness
Re: Alan Shearer: I Am Not So Sure Arsenal Will Escape Relegation This Season by tidalstorm(m): 5:04pm On Dec 21, 2020
lagonovo:

Still on still, Arteta no be Ole mate.
Ole wey don dey coach for about 10 years.
Ole might not be the best tactically but the guy sabi assemble players and also develop them.
Re: Alan Shearer: I Am Not So Sure Arsenal Will Escape Relegation This Season by Godmademan(m): 5:13pm On Dec 21, 2020
Mitsurugi:
Arteta is his own worst enemy. He allowed the club's board armtwist him into sidelining his only creative midfielder of repute (Ceballos is utter nonsense) because of some political thingy and then he brazenly lies it was for footballing reasons. They thought Ozil would be forced out, funds freed so they could recruit another creative midfielder but Ozil defied them, call it counting chickens before they are hatched. Now Arsenal is paying for it. No link between defense and attack. How can you score? Every team knows that so they allow Arsenal possession, because they know NOTHING will come of it. Sideways and "Mikel Obi" passes. Then consistently playing Xhaka and then that awful Chelsea retiree... Willian angry Oh God! His only prayer is to make it to January 1st in 15th place and re-register Ozil.
Keeping ozil out and selling Iwobi were bad choices. If you have creative players that don't offer much in defence, just get midfield enforcers to do the job and let creators create

2 Likes

Re: Alan Shearer: I Am Not So Sure Arsenal Will Escape Relegation This Season by JordanMichael(m): 5:29pm On Dec 21, 2020
Wetin Partey find go do for arsenal still baffles me
Re: Alan Shearer: I Am Not So Sure Arsenal Will Escape Relegation This Season by Richykaycee(m): 5:35pm On Dec 21, 2020
his problem started after banishing mestu Ozil from the team, Ozil is a senior figure love by the team,this is the result frm the senior members .target is for him to be sack.#play to sack Mikel Arteta.
Re: Alan Shearer: I Am Not So Sure Arsenal Will Escape Relegation This Season by lexy2014: 5:45pm On Dec 21, 2020
lagonovo:

That's a closer comparison.
What's their head-to-head? In the last 2 years (to see trend with current players), United have the edge beating City home and away & I think they've only lost once to City.
Then what's the league position in the last 2 years to determine trend? City have the edge, so they are better overall.
What's their continental platform and performance in the last two years? City consistently in the champs league & doing well, United lost Europa semi-final, then crashed out of group stage this season. City have the edge.
Man City players are better than Man United in my opinion but it's very close.

So u see that it's not cast in stone. If we were to use head to head, position on d table & even d players in d squad, u will still see that u can't ultimately judge how good man u players are over arsenal players same way u can't say man u players are better than man city players just because they have a better head to head. It's a bit complex. Hence, I feel it all boils down to management not just d players. When a team isn't doing well, it might not be that d players aren't good enough. It might just be that something is missing. In d case of man u, it was a Bruno Fernandez. Again, who would have ever imagined that a whole mighty Alexis Sanchez will look so ordinary in a man u jersey.
Re: Alan Shearer: I Am Not So Sure Arsenal Will Escape Relegation This Season by Mitsurugi(m): 5:52pm On Dec 21, 2020
Godmademan:
Keeping ozil out and selling Iwobi were bad choices. If you have creative players that don't offer much in defence, just get midfield enforcers to do the job and let creators create

Exactly! Given his reason for Ozil not being defensive enough one would have thought pairing him with Partey would have been ideal (or with El Nenny as Partey is out), not just freezing your most expensive player. I stand to be corrected but I don't think any club in the world would be doing what Arsenal is doing with Ozil.
Re: Alan Shearer: I Am Not So Sure Arsenal Will Escape Relegation This Season by captainamiedi1: 6:08pm On Dec 21, 2020
hermesprogidy:

Don't drag Man Utd into this, Ole has better players and I dare say, a better man-manager than Arteta.

Better man-manager?? Yes but ole is a PE teacher

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Wanted To Leave Barca During His Tax Fraud, No Club Offered A Deal / PSG President Al Khelaifi On Mbappé: “Sign A New Deal Or Leave The Club". / 2018 World Cup: How Super Eagles Can Lift Trophy In Russia – Amokachi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.